April 29, 2024, 12:51:32 PM

Author Topic: For La Liga fans....  (Read 4674 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
For La Liga fans....
« on: July 19, 2006, 11:43:16 AM »
Ok..the WC is over. Time to return to club football. I am a serious EPL and La Liga man and follow those leagues most closely. I follow others with interest but these two are my faves.

My La Liga team is Barca, who so far has only signed Godjohnsen. However they claim to be on the verge of signing Zambrotta and Thuram (2 boss boss signings). I think Barca is going to be even stronger this year. I also think we will see Madrid return to a more majestic form than the previous 3 seasons. What do allyah think..is this going to be a 2 horse race...Who are the spoilers. Valencia? Villareal? I think it is Barca...3 in a row

Also...is anything going to be done about the racist behavior of fans. Will the Zidane headbutt cause players to be more outspoken or creative in the way they react to crude behavior now....or is it going to be another season of the same ole crap. Have not heard much that is being done to change anything...

And where the hell is Jai John? Since Argentina fall out the Cup I eh hear nutten from the biggest Argentina and Villareal supporter. Always love yuh posts Jai and I know yuh is a La Liga man..lemme hear yuh

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: For La Liga fans....
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 11:59:20 AM »
i think madrid will definitely come strong this season.  alot of their young players haven't won anything so they will be hungry.  barca better watch themselves because they have the blanco on they back (blanco is spanish for target).  i backing barcelona to come out on top tho, the cream does always rise to the top.

valencia have a crop of good strikers among them my boy kluivert, oh gosh i longing to see this man return to any kind of form.   david villa is impressive, i watched him for spain  in the WC and i know why i was always hearing his name all last season.

villareal is a good side, they need to stay consistent tho.  if torres continues like how he was in the world cup we may very well have to look out for atletico madrid next season

about the racism, the leagues need to start to deduct points.  even a small deduction here and there could hurt a team, especially if their form is inconsistent.   the fines are not working, 3.000 euros is chump change to them fellas.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 12:28:34 PM »
If real Get Canavaro, Fabregas, and ronaldo like they saying they will win.

If you check it out Real and Barca does peak in seasons 2-3 at a time each one taking turns and winning the league.

I think it is a set up.

If you look at real since Barca buy Ronaldihno, they aint really buy no top names, they wait a couple years for Barca team to drop down and then spend money on top players.

I think it is the ultimate match fixing if you ask me!

I expect Barca to slow down either this year or next and real to take over.

Cicinino and Robino will come strong this year.
If Rudd go to real they will win for sure, Ronaldo and Raul are coming to the end of their career

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 12:29:41 PM »
Is  Man U still interested in signing Juan Roman Riquelme or was dat pure speculation.  Zambrotta and Thuram will be great additions to  Barca...Hopefully Messi can stay fit for the entire season...In my opinion with the departure of Larson, Godjohnsen was a good acquisition for the club, at least he will receive more playing time than he did at Chelsea....

Will Marquez be pushed into a more defensive midfield role if these additional defenders are brought into the team?

The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 12:33:27 PM »
There was talk about Zambrotta playin for Real but that eh make sense to me with Cicinho there.

I want Robinho to step up, he looked active in the WC so hopefully he raises his game after having a season under his belt.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 12:36:45 PM »
If real Get Canavaro, Fabregas, and ronaldo like they saying they will win.

If you check it out Real and Barca does peak in seasons 2-3 at a time each one taking turns and winning the league.

I think it is a set up.

If you look at real since Barca buy Ronaldihno, they aint really buy no top names, they wait a couple years for Barca team to drop down and then spend money on top players.

I think it is the ultimate match fixing if you ask me!

I expect Barca to slow down either this year or next and real to take over.

Cicinino and Robino will come strong this year.
If Rudd go to real they will win for sure, Ronaldo and Raul are coming to the end of their career

And the same old policy is being carried out by the "new"  Real administration.  That club is ah soap opera.  Man does win election on promises to sign "big name" players and that is why they in the mess they in.  Yeah they would solidify the defence with Cannavaro, but yuh really think they need to be linked with every good player that is a available?  Barca teach them a lesson bout how to sign players.  Yuh doh have to have 11 big names to win ah league.  All due respect to Capello, but there have been countless big name coaches that have fled from that place, cause the administration does want to pick the team.  I say Barca three in ah row.  Ah hate Real Madrid.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 12:37:59 PM »
we shall see what mr buckteeth himself does this year, i wonder if he can make it 3 on de trot with rickaard ???

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 12:41:58 PM »
I would like to see Madrid win it...........but I'd sacrifice the league for a C-league victory........

Too hard for me to call the eventual winner, but I think Villarreal can be a dark horse, especially if they have a good signing or two this summer (I can't remember who they've picked up so far)......Pelligrini is a good coach....and they have no European football to congest their season........

Screw Valencia- I dislike that team as much as I dislike Juventus (we welcome Capello with open arms though.......but one request: please leave Emerson behind thanx)

I'd like to see Depor & Betis start playing some nice football again....

I'd like to see Ronaldo play a full honest season without his bullsh*t & lack of fitness induced injuries...

I'd like to see Ronaldinho redeem a poor World Cup

I'd like to see Robinho mature and dominate

It would be great to not see Roberto Carlos in the Madrid 11

Racism will be the same........if it diminishes at all, it'd be more the result of a dying fad than a change in the attitudes of the fans.....

I hope Jai is on vacation and nothing is seriously wrong with him...anyone know him personally feel free to give us de scoop......
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 12:48:08 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 12:42:44 PM »
Barca is likely to continue its dominance of La Liga with the core of last year's team intact and the addition of some much needed cover at the back in the absence of Puyol and Marquez. The addition of Gudjonsen is also very positive.

I think Real is a team in transition. Even if they get all the players they want, it will take time to build a successful system, especially with a new coach at the helm.

I'm a Barca fan but Atletico Madrid is a team I will be looking at very closely this season. They've made some decent signings and I think the will be very competitive.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 01:27:07 PM »
Anybody feel a team like Zaragoza could poison some sides and even push for a European place. They lost their own little Magician, Savio...but even without him....Zaragoza was playing the best football in La Liga for a short spell. But they fell off in the end. Plus, they have a rep of having the most racist supporters (along with ATletico). Not a big fan of that, but when they knocked out Barca and RM from the king's Cup..they were playing some of the best ball in Europe....The Zaragoza / Real Madrid home and away series last year was an absolute classic

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 02:01:00 PM »
Anybody feel a team like Zaragoza could poison some sides and even push for a European place. They lost their own little Magician, Savio...but even without him....Zaragoza was playing the best football in La Liga for a short spell. But they fell off in the end. Plus, they have a rep of having the most racist supporters (along with ATletico). Not a big fan of that, but when they knocked out Barca and RM from the king's Cup..they were playing some of the best ball in Europe....The Zaragoza / Real Madrid home and away series last year was an absolute classic

Teams with the obscurity of Zaragoza are so hit or miss for the average person trying to make pre-season predicitons.....because so many of their players are relatively "unknown"....in their case you sorta just have to wait and see their results when the season starts......

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 02:05:03 PM »
i doh get to watch la liga much. but oleguer is one awkward looking defender. ah feel he go mash up someone knee one day.  :-X  touch wood.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 02:47:02 PM »
Agree Jah Gol, Atletico Madrid is a definite threat especially with El Nino improving very year. I think Madrid could push for the title this year even though they have a new coach and possibly new players.

Ribbit. Olegeur is real shit, I really dont know why Rikaard had he playing in the Nou Camp, that man real suspect. I would give him to a team, I doh want any money for him cuz I doh like robbing ppl
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 03:07:16 PM »
Ok here's the outlook so far...

Barcelona - Only signing so far is Gudjohsen..  2 times champion possess a team of champions that has matured and grown together over the last 2 seasons with no real disruption to the core.. They know how to win, favorites for next year.. could use cover at the central defense position for puyol because oleguer dont cut it there... Also a clinical centre-forward to cover for eto'o now that larsson is gone.

Real Madrid - Hired Capello, who brings success anywhere he goes.. Just signed Cannavaro and Emerson (yes the news break but i not posting that someone else will)... Capello will make them a strong unit defensively difficult to break down... Attacking wise, robinho should be strong in his second year, and they should get Van Nistelrooy as well and will run barcelona all the way..

Valencia - Always a strong unit, however some age is creeping up in there centre (Baraja, Marchena, Ayala).. There strength is on the wings and they have some good forwards, but will need to make some signings if they want to finish top 4 this year

Villareal - Signed Pires and Nihat, and extended Riquelme's contract.. Nihat will light up this year, a pacy forward with a wicked shot.. I feel they will be 3rd or 4th for sure with their brand of ball... Strong defense and quick counter built around Riquelme.. Probably could use another forward so they could bench jose mari and franco who dont score goals

Sevilla - If they can hold onto their best players, Jesus Navas and Danny Alves, and if Saviola and Fabiano hit top form, they can finish top 4 for sure...

Zaragoza - Very streaky team can either be very, very good or very very bad... They have world class forwards in Ewerthon and Milito and a big defender in G. Milito but would need to last the course of the season.. Look for them in de Cup though..

Deportivo - Got rid of Tristan and no new signings yet.. will finish mid table or lower..

Surprise team or the year I think will be Betis if they can keep Joaquin...

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 04:19:24 PM »
Oleguer not as shitty as van Bronkhorst. No defender on Barca gets as much twist up and outrun as the Dutchman. Technically gifted going forward, he is the biggest liability at the back in my humble opinion. He is more graceful than Oleguer, but that is about it. Another thing about Oleguer is he is a hardcore Catalan separatist and a hero to many of the Barca faithful. Rumor has it, he has said he will never play for Spain if selected because he is Catalan not Spanish (I doh think he have to worry)...kinda sound like rubbish too..but who knows. Maybe he's a bit of an icon. You ever notice how with all the foreigners at Barca..the spine of the team is still Catalan...I read a FourFourTwo Article where Rijkaard  stated that one of the reasons he got the job was because he calmed the fears of the Board and assured them that Barca would not lose its Catalan identity...Even in today's globalization of football...doh expect Barca to ever start a team with no Catalans...Oleguer might well be benefitting from that...just a hunch

Goalie - Victor Valdez (Catalan)
Central defense - Puyol (sometimes with Oleguer, both Catalan)
Central Playmaker - Xavi (or Iniesta his replacement last season..both Catalan)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 04:22:45 PM »
Agree Jah Gol, Atletico Madrid is a definite threat especially with El Nino improving very year. I think Madrid could push for the title this year even though they have a new coach and possibly new players.

Ribbit. Olegeur is real shit, I really dont know why Rikaard had he playing in the Nou Camp, that man real suspect. I would give him to a team, I doh want any money for him cuz I doh like robbing ppl

Boy Atletico supposed to be a threat every year and every year they boil down when the going get tough.... that is their lot.... to make dey fans suffer....

some go argue that their fans (some of them) deserve it 

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 05:13:47 PM »

Screw Valencia- I dislike that team as much as I dislike Juventus (we welcome Capello with open arms though.......but one request: please leave Emerson behind thanx)

Kicker I agree with everything else you said but what is your issue wit Emerson?

I actually think he is de best candidate to fill dat void ever since they sold Makalele.  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006, 05:20:53 PM »

Kicker I agree with everything else you said but what is your issue wit Emerson?

I actually think he is de best candidate to fill dat void ever since they sold Makalele.  :beermug:

Just a personal preference......I respect him and the role he plays in a team...just was never a fan of Emerson.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006, 06:55:46 PM »
Emerson is definitely going to Real...it is on the Cannavaro to Real Madrid thread. Don't like him either, but he seems like a coach's player, tactically and technically sound and fearless. Very experienced too. Hope he toots down the place..hahaha (just kidding...kinda)

BARCELONA!!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2006, 09:09:34 PM »
As much as I luv Teets until they address the racism in the league I will not be paying much interest in the league. Just monitoring Teets to see if he silence the critics who say he overrtaed because of his showing in the WC.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2006, 09:19:16 PM »
for the Barca fans
next years uniform

Més que un club.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2006, 02:22:25 AM »
changing my tune...

atletico will finish in europe for sure, they have a big tune of a coach in Javier Aguirre, and a real good side too...

Sevilla will find that their team is not deep enough for champs league and la liga and will return to mid-table like villareal did last year...

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2006, 02:45:31 AM »
Oleguer not as shitty as van Bronkhorst. No defender on Barca gets as much twist up and outrun as the Dutchman. Technically gifted going forward, he is the biggest liability at the back in my humble opinion. He is more graceful than Oleguer, but that is about it. Another thing about Oleguer is he is a hardcore Catalan separatist and a hero to many of the Barca faithful. Rumor has it, he has said he will never play for Spain if selected because he is Catalan not Spanish (I doh think he have to worry)...kinda sound like rubbish too..but who knows. Maybe he's a bit of an icon. You ever notice how with all the foreigners at Barca..the spine of the team is still Catalan...I read a FourFourTwo Article where Rijkaard stated that one of the reasons he got the job was because he calmed the fears of the Board and assured them that Barca would not lose its Catalan identity...Even in today's globalization of football...doh expect Barca to ever start a team with no Catalans...Oleguer might well be benefitting from that...just a hunch

iniesta is from albacete
i think valdez might be from somewhere else to

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2006, 03:11:07 AM »
Oleguer not as shitty as van Bronkhorst. No defender on Barca gets as much twist up and outrun as the Dutchman. Technically gifted going forward, he is the biggest liability at the back in my humble opinion. He is more graceful than Oleguer, but that is about it. Another thing about Oleguer is he is a hardcore Catalan separatist and a hero to many of the Barca faithful. Rumor has it, he has said he will never play for Spain if selected because he is Catalan not Spanish (I doh think he have to worry)...kinda sound like rubbish too..but who knows. Maybe he's a bit of an icon. You ever notice how with all the foreigners at Barca..the spine of the team is still Catalan...I read a FourFourTwo Article where Rijkaard stated that one of the reasons he got the job was because he calmed the fears of the Board and assured them that Barca would not lose its Catalan identity...Even in today's globalization of football...doh expect Barca to ever start a team with no Catalans...Oleguer might well be benefitting from that...just a hunch

iniesta is from albacete
i think valdez might be from somewhere else to

Iniesta was definitely born in Albacete, but is of Catalan roots and has played for La Seleccion Catalana when they play friendlies
Valdes was born in Barcelona and is the goalie for La Seleccion Catalana...sort of a Catalan National Team
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 09:53:17 AM by Filho »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2006, 05:40:13 AM »
Oleguer wrote a few chapters in his book about Catalan identity and independence. He has a degree in economics and appears to have an interest in politics.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2006, 02:45:27 PM »
Oleguer not as shitty as van Bronkhorst. No defender on Barca gets as much twist up and outrun as the Dutchman. Technically gifted going forward, he is the biggest liability at the back in my humble opinion. He is more graceful than Oleguer, but that is about it. Another thing about Oleguer is he is a hardcore Catalan separatist and a hero to many of the Barca faithful. Rumor has it, he has said he will never play for Spain if selected because he is Catalan not Spanish (I doh think he have to worry)...kinda sound like rubbish too..but who knows. Maybe he's a bit of an icon. You ever notice how with all the foreigners at Barca..the spine of the team is still Catalan...I read a FourFourTwo Article where Rijkaard  stated that one of the reasons he got the job was because he calmed the fears of the Board and assured them that Barca would not lose its Catalan identity...Even in today's globalization of football...doh expect Barca to ever start a team with no Catalans...Oleguer might well be benefitting from that...just a hunch

Horse how yuh go dis meh boy Gio so bad dred?
Dat man is a BIG baller.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2006, 03:22:46 PM »

Dat man is a BIG baller.

Sorry boss  ;D
Every man have his own view. Gio hadda do good to kep his spot this rounds, casue Zambrotta can play on the left or the right. In fact, last season and this WC was the first time he has played on the right...He was always a right footed-left back for Juve

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2006, 04:26:40 PM »

Dat man is a BIG baller.

Gio is sh*t

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 08:12:22 PM »

Dat man is a BIG baller.

Gio is sh*t

real shit to
I think Frank just wanted to buy a Dutch player
Sylvinho better than he

Més que un club.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2006, 03:08:11 PM »
Capello is a born winner so Real winning either La Liga or the Champions league this year, guaranteed. especially if they keep Raul ass on the bench. Cassano in the hole behind Ronaldo and Van Nisterooy (he going for sure the only question is how much they will end up paying). Becks on the right, Robinho on the left. Emerson destroying men in the middle. If Woodgate fit, he and Cannavaro will be one of the best defensive partnerships in the world.

The only question now is if Capello have room for any spaniards besides Casillas??? I guess with a 3-5-2, Guti will fall in the midfield and Sergio Ramos will slide into the back...

Barca will find it hard this year...as Yorke point out the other day, it is harder to stay on top than to get there !
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>