April 29, 2024, 09:54:41 AM

Author Topic: Johnson assists wrexham 3 - 3 man city.  (Read 4754 times)

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
Johnson assists wrexham 3 - 3 man city.
« on: July 19, 2006, 03:33:26 PM »
Wrexham 3 v Manchester City 3.
wrexhamafc.premiumtv.co.uk.

A strong Manchester City squad took the lead three times at the Racecourse, but still couldn't beat an impressive Wrexham. Manchester City handed debuts to former Shrewsbury Town goalkeeper Joe Hart and Ousmane Dabo who joined from Lazio.
However, Dietmar Hamman had to wait for his chance to impress as he started on the bench alongside Paul Dickov, who returned to the club after a four-year absence.
After experimenting with one up front against Liverpool, Neil Roberts was partnered with trial-list Blair Sturrock in a new look 4-4-2 formation.
It took only 7 minutes for Stuart Pearce's side to take the lead. Joey Barton was left free on the right hand side and with a pin-point cross found Ishmael Miller. After controlling the ball with his chest, the youngster fired a vicious strike past the despairing dive of Michael Ingham.
Wrexham's first attack involved three new signings. Ryan Valentine drove the ball towards the head of Blair Sturrock, however his cross was snatched from the waiting Neil Roberts by City's new midfielder Ousmane Dabo, to deny a certain goal.
Stuart Pearce's men should have doubled their lead shortly after the half hour mark. City right back, Willo Flood, burst through the centre of Wrexham's midfield and played the perfect ball for Vassell to slot home, but his shot was tipped wide by the Northern Ireland keeper.
However, five minutes later the home side's first effort on target turned into an equaliser. Good work from Ryan Valentine and Josh Johnson on the right hand side ended with the Trinidad & Tobago winger crossing for the incoming Chris Llewellyn to fire a thunderous effort into Joe Hart's top left corner.
City changed all ten outfield players at half-time, meaning Wrexham would be competing against a team of fresh legs. Didi Hamman and Paul Dickov were two of the eleven introduced.
Wrexham also made changes, Gareth Evans replaced Shaun Pejic, Michael Jones came on for Ingham and Matty Done was given another chance on the left wing replacing goal scorer Chris Llewellyn.
The blues piled on the pressure at the beginning of the second half and were rewarded after 53 minutes through Georgios Samaras. His shot took a wicked deflection of the boot of substitute Gareth Evans before looping over the hapless Michael Jones in goal.
City piled on the pressure after that, looking for a killer third goal, but it was Denis Smith's side who struck next.
Josh Johnson received the ball on the right and using his effective pace and skill he glided past the Manchester City full-back with ease. His cross was headed on by Sturrock to leave Matty Done alone on the back post to smash past debutant Joe Hart.
The ball went from end to end after that as both teams tried to take the lead. However, for the third time in the match it was City who took the advantage.
The dangerous Georgios Samaras took control on the left hand side, with nobody closing the Greek striker down, he shifted the ball onto his stronger right foot to curl the ball past Michael Jones from 20 yards out. The young goalkeeper was left wondering where his defence was.
Wrexham refused to let the game and for a third time found an equaliser this time through a Sylvan Distin own goal. The very impressive Ryan Valentine curled a dangers cross into the Manchester City area, with Hart remaining on his line Distin had to clear, but unfortunately for the Frenchman he ended up putting through his own net. Some silky skills from Matty Done and Jamie Reed was all that was left of the game after that, but Wrexham proved they can mix with the big boys.

Manager Denis Smith was pleased with the outcome:

"I was pleased with the workout and the result, They pressurised us but there was some good performances.
It was a good workout. First half I was quite disappointed with us, unlike Saturday, and had a few words at half-time but second-half they really turned it on and turned up the heat. "To come out with 3-3 is a good result. There was some good performances.
"It's been good because I've had a chance to have a look at two or three trialists and I'm getting more of a feel for the players that I've got, what they can do and what they can't do. Certain players are sticking their head above the paraphet which I didn't expect , Gaz Evans and people like that are doing well an you think oh great."
"There are little things happening which you don't expect.
"Josh is a handful, he covered a lot tonight and got good crosses in and we scored from them. Matty Done was playing against an England international full-back and was giving him a hard time which is great. I'm delighted with that especially as he took a couple of knocks but still got up.
"Balls should have gone into certain areas but didn't but we will iron that out over the next few weeks. I think that people who have come along and played their money have had a good entertaining night. "I've been given a budget and I know what I've to work with. Josh looks as though he will be going to Northern Ireland with us, with is good and we will take it from there."

Wrexham: Ingham (Michael Jones), Valentine, Pejic (Evans), Lawrence (Mackin), Mike Williams (Mark Jones), Llewellyn (Done), Ferguson (c) (Crowell), Danny Williams (Spender), Johnson, Roberts (Read), Sturrock (Kyle Wilson).

Manchester City 1st Half: Hart, Flood, Thatcher, Dabo, Dunne (c), Mills, Sinclair, Barton, Miller, Sibierski, Vassell.

2nd Half: Hart, Mills, Richards, Hamman, Distin (c), Jordan, Ireland, Laird, Croft, Samaras, Dickov.

Referee: Mr. Mike Jones.

Attendance: 3,588.

Away: 1,096.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 02:35:58 AM by Flex »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: johnson assists wrexham 3 - 3 man city
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 03:40:03 PM »
Nice,  hope dey find some money now to sign him.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 03:48:53 PM »
well if he keeps on  performing well in the pre season  another club may pic him up if wrexham cannot buy him. I think ricky hill is his agent
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 04:00:00 PM »
well if he keeps on  performing well in the pre season  another club may pic him up if wrexham cannot buy him. I think ricky hill is his agent

Nah, Mike Berry is he agent. Yuh know he is de one dat have de Wrexham link.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Johnson assists wrexham 3 - 3 man city.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 04:18:36 PM »
all smiles... Wrexham will hope that Man City themselves dont try to swoop him up!
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 04:24:54 PM »

Nah, Mike Berry is he agent. Yuh know he is de one dat have de Wrexham link.

josh should be good enough for the first division.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 04:29:35 PM »
Well Wrexham better find that money to buy Johnson or at least let him go to a better club if he get some interest while there.

I believe Jabloteh wants alot for him and this is why Wrexham crying broke, I hope Jabloteh ease up on they transfer price in the interest of Johnson.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 04:34:56 PM »
Yeah they better do that fuh true

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 04:45:33 PM »
Dem assists were nice boy, I swear you guys Sky Sports News Comes on at 7? Check it out if possible.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 04:57:09 PM »
dats very good tuh hear, so how well was johnson crossing, this is something we are missing in our national football team, the only man who coudlc ross was angus eve and beenhakker drop him long time..

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 05:07:01 PM »
Well Wrexham better find that money to buy Johnson or at least let him go to a better club if he get some interest while there.

I believe Jabloteh wants alot for him and this is why Wrexham crying broke, I hope Jabloteh ease up on they transfer price in the interest of Johnson.

I will have to disgree with allyuh on dat one, part of this whole professional football thing is the business aspect. I am all for player development but if our local clubs make investments in developing local talent then they must be adequately compensated so that they can continue to sustain that development for other players. Saying that, I don't know what the price tag is which could be unreasonable but some kinda balance need to be achieved that will benefit the Jabloteh, Wrexham and Josh Johnson
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 05:07:14 PM »
dats very good tuh hear, so how well was johnson crossing, this is something we are missing in our national football team, the only man who coudlc ross was angus eve and beenhakker drop him long time..

an effective winger is definitely welcome on our side

Hope johnson's career goes the right places

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 07:27:10 PM »
Anybody have the 411 on Johnson ??
Warrior For Life !!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 08:59:37 PM »
Sorry to sung like a broken record but will he get a Work Permit?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 01:14:55 AM »

I will have to disgree with allyuh on dat one, part of this whole professional football thing is the business aspect. I am all for player development but if our local clubs make investments in developing local talent then they must be adequately compensated so that they can continue to sustain that development for other players. Saying that, I don't know what the price tag is which could be unreasonable but some kinda balance need to be achieved that will benefit the Jabloteh, Wrexham and Josh Johnson

Yes I agree.  Not because the club based in Trinidad, that make it ok to pay little or nothing for locals

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 02:49:54 AM »
well done jj
yuh sounin like yuh come rel big

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 07:56:27 AM »
well done johnson!

i hope he gets a deal and impresses further.  He is a very good young talent!

but i have to agree with "g".  If dey cyar compensate jabloteh for their investment in the player, then hard luck for them!!

ah love it!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>