April 27, 2024, 10:19:51 PM

Author Topic: Germany 2006: The final ranking (Warriors 27th).  (Read 10467 times)

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
Germany 2006: The final ranking (Warriors 27th).
« on: July 19, 2006, 03:54:29 PM »
T&T finish 27 in 2006 world cup.
T&T Newsday Reports.
[/size]

Out of the 32 nations that participated in the World Cup, Trinidad and Tobago ranked 27, according to a release of ranking released by FIFA recently.

Germany 2006: The final ranking.

Italy, France, Germany and Portugal. After the high drama of the 2006 FIFA World Cup™ Final in Berlin's Olympiastadion between the Azzurri and Les Bleus, and the top-class match for third place between the host nation and Luiz Felipe Scolari’s Portugal, it does not take a genius to recall the top four sides at this summer’s tournament in Germany. But what about those nations who failed to make it into this very select group?
The same criteria used to separate the sides in the group phase at Germany 2006 were used to produce a definitive ranking of every team involved. These were: the number of points obtained; total goal difference; number of goals scored.
It is for this very reason that Luis Aragones's flamboyant Spain side, who failed to make it past the Round of 16, have taken ninth place in the overall tournament classification. La Roja picked up nine points from their group matches, and ended their stay in Germany with a overall goal difference of +5, having scored nine and conceded four. The established criteria have been unable to separate a number of particularly well-matched teams. These include the USA and Iran, who are tied in 25th place.
The results obtained in Germany 2006 have been incorporated into the all-time FIFA World Cup ranking. This ranking can be used to compare the records of every team to have taken part in the greatest competition in world football. The all-time ranking appears in the usual league table format, with points allocated in the same way (three points for a win, one point for a draw and none for a defeat).
The rankings from this summer’s tournament have given rise to a number of interesting FIFA World Cup facts. Despite their four world titles, a number only bettered by five-time winners Brazil, Italy are only third in the all-time standings. Beating them to second place are Germany, whose seven matches on home soil brought them level with Brazil's record of 92 matches played at FIFA World Cup finals.

Germany 2006 ranking/ All-time FIFA World Cup™ ranking in brackets

1- Italy (3)
2- France (6)
3- Germany (2)
4- Portugal (20)
5- Brazil (1)
6- Argentina (4)
7- England (5)
8- Ukraine (46)
9- Spain (7)
10- Switzerland (22)
11- Netherlands (9)
12- Ecuador (40)
13- Ghana (49)
14- Sweden [8]
15- Mexico (15)
16- Australia (52)
17- Korea Republic (30)
18- Paraguay (24)
19- Côte d'Ivoire (56)
20- Czech Republic (16)
21- Poland (13)
22- Croatia (27)
23- Angola (59)
24- Tunisia (48)
25- USA (26)
25- Iran (53)
27- Trinidad and Tobago (63)
28- Japan (44)
28- Saudi Arabia (45)
30- Togo (68)
31- Costa Rica (38)
32- Serbia and Montenegro (11)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 04:23:32 PM by Flex »
-be the change you wish to see-

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
Re: Germany 2006: The final ranking (Warriors 27th)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 04:12:16 PM »
Ah wonder what we ranking woulda been if we did score a goal (same results: a draw and 2 losses). ;D ;D ;D

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 04:14:39 PM »
This is the WC order of finish ...wha rankings they talking bout? this eh no
world rankings just and order of finish for the WC.   
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 04:16:56 PM »

Where in this article do you see them saying this is anything other than a World Cup ranking??? (order of finish) ...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 04:43:05 PM »

Where in this article do you see them saying this is anything other than a World Cup ranking??? (order of finish) ...

ok genius what exactly is WC rankings ?there is no such thing there is an order of finish in de WC but what is a  WC ranking ? Is Italy 'ranked' higher than Brazil ? but last time I checked in the Fifa world rankings Brazil was #1.  So they cud call it whatever they want, it is not a ranking but an order of finish,but hey I cud understand why you can't comprehend that becuz after all 'Where in this article do you see them saying this is anything other than a World Cup ranking'' .......no where sah, no where!!! 
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 04:50:57 PM »

ok genius what exactly is WC rankings ?there is no such thing there is an order of finish in de WC but what is a  WC ranking ? Is Italy 'ranked' higher than Brazil ? but last time I checked in the Fifa world rankings Brazil was #1.  So they cud call it whatever they want, it is not a ranking but an order of finish,but hey I cud understand why you can't comprehend that becuz after all 'Where in this article do you see them saying this is anything other than a World Cup ranking'' .......no where sah, no where!!! 

I'm not a football pundit but what I gather from the list is that they ranked the teams in this yr's World Cup, like 1st, 2nd and 3rd and then in brackets they have their over-all World Cup ranking, like their World Cup performance history. Yuh know? So that's why even though Brazil finished 5th this time, they're still number 1 over-all because they're the five-time champions.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
Re: Germany 2006: The final ranking (Warriors 27th).
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 05:03:39 PM »
But how is ukraine so high..it just seem weird

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 05:38:07 PM »

Berris, it's obvious that the terms "WC 2006 ranking " and "WC 2006 order of finish" are being used interchangeably....and yes they are independent from the FIFA World Rankings....not sure what the fuss is about....no where did they say it was a World Ranking, they referred to it as a Germany 2006 ranking....
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 05:42:00 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 05:47:36 PM »
But how is ukraine so high..it just seem weird

because they made the quarter finals - by definition, last 8
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 05:49:13 PM »
What do I gather from this ?.... yuh get 6 from Argentina... yuh ending up last ;D
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 05:50:21 PM »
Ah wonder what we ranking woulda been if we did score a goal (same results: a draw and 2 losses). ;D ;D ;D

Blessings
we would've been 25th, in front of the US and iran...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 07:24:22 PM »

Blessings

Actually we would have been tied for 24th with Tunisia if we had scored 1 goal and still had 1 draw and 2 losses.
Typically, FIFA determines the ranking as follows:
1. Stage reached.
2. Points earned. 3 for a win, including in extra time; 1 for a draw, including a game that was decided in penalties; 0 for a loss, including in extra time.
3. Goal difference. Includes knockout play.
4. Goals scored. Includes knockout play.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 08:16:35 PM »
All dat  f/;'[=-g  s/';[=t Bruce Arena talk bout Australia, and look wey dey is tuh USA, and T&T just 2 spots behind USA. YUH eh see he want about nine planass in he ?
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 08:22:37 PM »

Blessings

Actually we would have been tied for 24th with Tunisia if we had scored 1 goal and still had 1 draw and 2 losses.
Typically, FIFA determines the ranking as follows:
1. Stage reached.
2. Points earned. 3 for a win, including in extra time; 1 for a draw, including a game that was decided in penalties; 0 for a loss, including in extra time.
3. Goal difference. Includes knockout play.
4. Goals scored. Includes knockout play.

Don't mean to nitpick, but you're wrong, I believe storebay
22.Croatia         1R  3   0  2  1    2- 3    2
23.Angola         1R  3   0  2  1    1- 2    2
24.Tunisia         1R  3   0  1  2    3- 6    1
25.Iran             1R  3   0  1  2    2- 6    1
   United States 1R  3   0  1  2    2- 6    1
27.TNT            1R  3   0  1  2    0- 4    1
28.Japan           1R  3   0  1  2    2- 7    1
   Saudi Arabia    1R  3   0  1  2    2- 7    1

You'll notice that even though we have the same goal difference as Iran and the US they were both ranked ahead of us because they had more goals scored.
So in the same way even with a goal difference of -3 (1-4) we'd still be behind Tunisia (3-6)

Incidentally if we had scored the goal against Paraguay their ranking would've dropeed from 18 to 21. Against any of the other teams however, it wouldn't have changed anything...

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 08:47:48 PM »

Berris, it's obvious that the terms "WC 2006 ranking " and "WC 2006 order of finish" are being used interchangeably....and yes they are independent from the FIFA World Rankings....not sure what the fuss is about....no where did they say it was a World Ranking, they referred to it as a Germany 2006 ranking....

Kicker, I could be wrong but the headline say '' T&T finish 27th in 2006 world cup.'' To me that sound like ah order of finish,I agree they also say ''Trinidad and Tobago ranked 27th '' ...but what is the difference and shouldn't it be just an order of finish 1 thru 32 ? ...is no fuss really I just eh see de significance of it being ah ranking.....show me de light nah dread..
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 07:16:36 AM »

Kicker, I could be wrong but the headline say '' T&T finish 27th in 2006 world cup.'' To me that sound like ah order of finish,I agree they also say ''Trinidad and Tobago ranked 27th '' ...but what is the difference and shouldn't it be just an order of finish 1 thru 32 ? ...is no fuss really I just eh see de significance of it being ah ranking.....show me de light nah dread..

haha..yeah B I hear yuh, but yuh hadda put it in context...they didn't just say "Trinidad & Tobago ranked 27th", they said "of the 32 nations that competed in the world cup, Trinidad ranked 27th".......so the preface is what makes the difference....so in this case, order of finish & and a ranking amongst the WC participants is the same thing......let there be light (I hope  ;D)

cheers :beermug:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline zandolie63

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 07:59:59 AM »
Yuh right RMA,   I mistake it,  ah mus' be sleepy is almost midnight here in Guam oui!!  As a country T&T need tuh concentrate on the youth U-11 through U-15 to capitalize on those with the talent.  We cyah keep sendin' thirtysomethings wee need tuh send some twentysomethings tuh de WorldCup stage.  We had one of the oldest squads in the tournament.  There is a lot of T&Ttalent in the youth clubs in the US,  I know of two very talented kids one 11 and one 10 wid loads of skill even at their age, US born to Trini parents and well could play fuh de TnT national side in 2014 and beyond

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 08:12:28 AM »
Yuh right RMA,   I mistake it,  ah mus' be sleepy is almost midnight here in Guam oui!!  As a country T&T need tuh concentrate on the youth U-11 through U-15 to capitalize on those with the talent.  We cyah keep sendin' thirtysomethings wee need tuh send some twentysomethings tuh de WorldCup stage.  We had one of the oldest squads in the tournament.  There is a lot of T&Ttalent in the youth clubs in the US,  I know of two very talented kids one 11 and one 10 wid loads of skill even at their age, US born to Trini parents and well could play fuh de TnT national side in 2014 and beyond

Tell that to France....

You send the best players and at this time our young players do not have the experience.

Offline zandolie63

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006, 08:22:33 AM »
Ras',  true.  If we can develop youth players, pick the best of the bunch and establish a pipeline, like a farm team to develop and expose the players to other team,styles of play (friendlies and the like) the football in T&T will flourish.  One by-product of our WC appearance is the push to develop the local youth program to ages U-13 and lower.  Our ranking in the WC finish is 27th but that is not of any significance.  The ranking of 63rd is the one that we need tuh look at and develop an approach to better that mark, and the only way tuh do that is tuh score goals and win games at the round of 16 in 2010.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2006, 08:52:03 AM »
what is the issue? ranking? order of merit? everyone should know what it means because they do it at every world cup!!

i remember jamaica placing 21st or 24th at the 1998 world cup!! and the USA coming last..........lol

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Green Beret

• Jr. Warrior
  • Army Of One
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 09:22:07 AM »
what is the issue? ranking? order of merit? everyone should know what it means because they do it at every world cup!!

i remember jamaica placing 21st or 24th at the 1998 world cup!! and the USA coming last..........lol

ah love it!!

I remember in 90, the only Trini or Jamaican presence were the 5 or 6 people in the stands, but the US, despite finishing LAST was in the 32. (Ah know dat is a touchy topic eh - de 90 WC)

I remember too, in 94, neither Trini or Jamaica were in the 32, but the US, albeit as HOSTS, made it to the 2nd rounds.

I remember again, in 02, the US made it to the quarters and yet again, neither Trini or Jamaica were there. I remember asking myself, 'oh dear... what can the matter be... in the WC, will Trini ever be?'

Well you answered that this time around.

Good Job. You did Concacaf proud.

Ah luv it too (to borrow yuh phrase).
Find Out If You Have What It Takes To Earn The Green Beret.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2006, 11:37:16 AM »

haha..yeah B I hear yuh, but yuh hadda put it in context...they didn't just say "Trinidad & Tobago ranked 27th", they said "of the 32 nations that competed in the world cup, Trinidad ranked 27th".......so the preface is what makes the difference....so in this case, order of finish & and a ranking amongst the WC participants is the same thing......let there be light (I hope  ;D)

cheers :beermug:

yuh put de bean in meh face  ;D...........ah need some shades now  8)
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

1]; } ?>