April 27, 2024, 06:09:00 AM

Author Topic: Australia to Asia..y not Mexico to S. America?  (Read 1336 times)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Australia to Asia..y not Mexico to S. America?
« on: June 15, 2005, 10:08:29 AM »
 Fifa say that they see no problem with Australia joining the Asian federation for future qualifying since Asia and Oceania say they would welcome the move. So why Mexico get brace in the past when they try to join S. America for qualifying?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Australia to Asia..y not Mexico to S. America?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 10:12:25 AM »
why did Mexico want to do that?  they have a good thing going in Concacaf, guaranteed qualification to every World Cup.  I guess they want to be more regularly exposed to a higher level of football but they have the Copa America for that.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 10:26:18 AM »
if i was mexico we ain't leaving concacaf at all unless S america paying some serious dollars for tv advertising etc.  Even then it would have to be way more than how much a 99.99999% guarantedd WC spot paying

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 01:38:33 PM »
I guess they wantd to go because of the higher standard of play and probably because of gate receipts as well..but all of us here play football at some point in time: you doh get frustrated when u playing against a bunch of shitehounds all the time? Tha's probably how they saw the rest of concacaf.This was before the US became a force that mexico applied to FIFA and get brace, so i guess that would be in the 80's. I think after the 86 World Cup when they make the quarters..but I not certain. But i do know that FIFA said they couldn't allow it because of the geography blah,blah....but now they saying Australia could go and they see no reason why not? I guess Blatter have a different philosophy to Havelange even though that was his mentor...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>