April 28, 2024, 11:44:35 AM

Author Topic: trip to trini observations 2  (Read 4093 times)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
trip to trini observations 2
« on: July 20, 2006, 08:14:39 AM »
1. men in trini still doh wear seatbelts

2. rib house still have the best bar-b-q in town

3. de doubles man in arima running de route now

4. de high-beam on yuh car iz used in a new game called "high-beam war"

5. everybody in trini have ah car " when me and shotta have car yuh know everybody have car"

6. all dem stadiums jack build outta de blasted way.

7. ato boldon stadium too far from civilization and in de bushes

8. barbados dont take trini money" not even in de banks"

9. barbados female national team does train 3 times ah week on de beach and dem iz still lala

10. trinidad have de best airports in de carribbean bar none

11. pro-league sweet too bad altho nobody doh go to de games

12. all de police in trini fat and lazy" ah see ah man run from police and de police give up" right next to express house in broad daylight

13. de botleggers in trini iz de best dvd's fuh 10 with better quality than new york

14. yuh uniform does reflect yuh job and ah see ah policeman in town with buttons missing all kinda thing

15. local reggae not that bad as allyuh making it out to be, i happen to like it

16. ah went machael and de crowd was social no arse when soca play but jumping up and down fuh dub.

17. togabo iz still my defination of paradise
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: trip to trini observations 2
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 08:21:30 AM »
 ;D :applause: :applause:

ALL very true (well I eh know bot de barbados business) but no's 4 and 14 is truer dan true
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 08:41:41 AM »
16... i can see dat...ppl in trini...does be fanatical about soca only during carnival and the preseason.. for the rest of the yr by and large they are mor einto dub. where as its different for the ppl not in trini. listen to dub and rap and hip hop.....cant stand the latter. my self...
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 08:50:05 AM »
16... i can see dat...ppl in trini...does be fanatical about soca only during carnival and the preseason.. for the rest of the yr by and large they are mor einto dub. where as its different for the ppl not in trini. listen to dub and rap and hip hop.....cant stand the latter. my self...

*gasp!!!*  :o you dont like hip hop??......but you younger dan me
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 08:57:18 AM »

i perfer the older much ealier hip hop....fed up of listenin to men calling women bitches and hoes and only sinign bout bling.i perfer to listen to tchaikovsky or bach all dya than listen to lil wyane and all dme lil punks ..is soca kaiso...alternative ole dub and raggae
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 09:04:18 AM »

i perfer the older much ealier hip hop....fed up of listenin to men calling women bitches and hoes and only sinign bout bling.i perfer to listen to tchaikovsky or bach all dya than listen to lil wyane and all dme lil punks ..is soca kaiso...alternative ole dub and raggae

I like to flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chips

I'm ah balllla..  ;D
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 09:07:19 AM »

I like to flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chip, flip my chips

I'm ah balllla..  ;D
lol..i eh even know dat song...lmao....
but i coudl tell u how soothign tchaikovsky's piano concerto in b flat major is.....
and that the brandenburg concertos make more sense that what flippin chips u said..lol

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 09:20:51 AM »

I'm ah balllla..  ;D
lol..i eh even know dat song...lmao....
but i coudl tell u how soothign tchaikovsky's piano concerto in b flat major is.....
and that the brandenburg concertos make more sense that what flippin chips u said..lol

I can't stand the Hip Hop and Rap either. Even them new Dub i does find hard to listen to. The Trini Dub cool though. Give me Olld School Dub and Soca_new or old it dosent matter.

Oh as as for the Barbados thing..is long time that so. I remember we went there when i was in prinary school back in the 80's and it was like that since then.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 09:34:25 AM »
barbados...the only other caribbean currency barbados does accept is ec eastern caribbean dollars.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 11:06:52 AM »
So what's up with #8? Trinidad and Tobago's currency is one of the stablest, if not the stablest ,currencies in the Caribbean and in the Americas on a whole. There are no wild daily or weekly fluctuations with our currency.

Like Barbados still fretting over de flying fish thing >:(   or they just badmind.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 11:35:19 AM »
So what's up with #8? Trinidad and Tobago's currency is one of the stablest, if not the stablest ,currencies in the Caribbean and in the Americas on a whole. There are no wild daily or weekly fluctuations with our currency.

Like Barbados still fretting over de flying fish thing >:(   or they just badmind.
barbados money ah lil more stable thna us.l..rember dem does still suckle from mother england..lol..plus they is part of the EC...so they hadda recognise dey currency///and yes de flying fish issue..lol

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 01:36:44 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:

Morvant yuh killin' meh...

Grillers used to have the best sauce though ? They still around ?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 01:38:45 PM »
boy they still around but tell ah man yuh goin dey and iz like buying ah roti from hosiens on george street
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 01:46:38 PM »
Yeah boy Grillers !!!!!

Ah had a sister used to bribe me with that....Every time ah call she.."you ent comming trini to go Grillers"

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 04:16:08 PM »
How about none a dem places could test moonlight round d savannah
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 04:49:00 PM »

Plenty people wasn't born yet dem times
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 04:49:44 PM »
my particular agreements to some of these observations

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. men in trini still doh wear seatbelts

2. rib house still have the best bar-b-q in town    (damn right)

3. de doubles man in arima running de route now - yuh talkin bout Suacy awa?

5. everybody in trini have ah car " when me and shotta have car yuh know everybody have car" - hahaha

6. all dem stadiums jack build outta de blasted way.

7. ato boldon stadium too far from civilization and in de bushes - I remember drivin dey wit Occoner! dat was presssuuuuuuureeeee. geh out de car and feel like ah just geh orf ah london flight

8. barbados dont take trini money" not even in de banks"

10. trinidad have de best airports in de carribbean bar none

11. pro-league sweet too bad altho nobody doh go to de games

12. all de police in trini fat and lazy" ah see ah man run from police and de police give up" right next to express house in broad daylight

17. togabo iz still my defination of paradise
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 04:53:07 PM »

i could relate that to de savananh in arima not the one in pos. it kinda simliar. u can see de northeren range, reeal couples does be strollign aroudn . difference is ..no coconut vendor..and no poui tree  :(

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2006, 07:22:32 AM »

Moonlight yes.....they should have a TV6 "where are they now" specially dedicated to establishments like moonlight.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2006, 07:47:26 AM »

lawd.  :o..NAH...me eh DAT old

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 03:11:03 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: allyuh shuda be dey when d high beam war was born like d birth of christ that strech of highway between omera road and lahorquetta at 1 am go nerver be d same again

we doh eat grillers again cuz it hav a aids gyul working there who does drip she blood in d meat off a bad mind

big up the local reggae

the main ting i notice about foreign tnt people dem reallllllllll like soca

is right tru morvat wa meh putiit on iwar station soca cya dun wit he
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 03:16:00 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: allyuh shuda be dey when d high beam war was born like d birth of christ that strech of highway between omera road and lahorquetta at 1 am go nerver be d same again

we doh eat grillers again cuz it hav a aids gyul working there who does drip she blood in d meat off a bad mind
big up the local reggae

the main ting i notice about foreign tnt people dem reallllllllll like soca

is right tru morvat wa meh putiit on iwar station soca cya dun wit he

Shotta oh gorm man....WATLESS yes...how come dat aint' reach TNT mirror yet ?

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 03:23:54 PM »
poster formally known as trini cana and muff puff

direct meh to the place where yuh had d revaltion to change u name to a indian delicasie

......................and doh foget is on general discussion man does come to say wa dey want ;D i livin morvant and dat is d rumour i hear

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 03:39:28 PM »
more observations.... hmmm well yuh does know we have plenty cobo and yet yuh still wonder if is ah wok and woll van taking care ah all de road kill stray dogs in Deigo Martin.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2006, 06:39:26 PM »
poster formally known as trini cana and muff puff

direct meh to the place where yuh had d revaltion to change u name to a indian delicasie

......................and doh foget is on general discussion man does come to say wa dey want ;D i livin morvant and dat is d rumour i hear

ya hadda excuse meh Shotts cause ah goind through ah phase here....
meh 7.8% indian side coming out dese days... >:(

doh frighten Cana coming back by Friday

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2006, 10:37:50 AM »

big up the local reggae

the main ting i notice about foreign tnt people dem reallllllllll like socais right tru morvat wa meh putiit on iwar station soca cya dun wit he

very good observation...cause daiz me right tru...Soca ever more when ah home ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2006, 11:43:27 AM »
Whats high beam war?

explain please

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2006, 10:46:06 AM »
no prob touches

its when u driving on the road and u have on ur low beam and a man has oam coming in the opposite direction

u immediately flick on ur high beam blocking view of the road to the both of u

if he takes his high beam off he loses the war

and vice versa for u

the real knack in the game is to continulusly flash between high and low beam forcing temporoy blindness on the other driver forcing him to succumb to the war

hope this helps

SHOTTA

1]; } ?>