April 28, 2024, 10:09:54 AM

Author Topic: Barca sign Thuram and Zambrotta  (Read 3788 times)

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Barca sign Thuram and Zambrotta
« on: July 20, 2006, 10:04:51 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/5201744.stm

Barcelona have won the race to capture Juventus defenders Lilian Thuram and Gianluca Zambrotta following the Italian club's relegation to Serie B.
Thuram, 34, has signed a two-year deal, while the 29-year-old Zambrotta has put pen to paper on a four-year contract.

Juventus were relegated and will start next season with a 30-point penalty after the match-fixing scandal which rocked Italian football.

Spanish media reports suggest Barca have paid a combined fee of £13m.

The pair will join their new team-mates on Barca's tour of Mexico and the USA.

France's Thuram and Italy's Zambrotta both enjoyed outstanding tournaments in the World Cup, facing each other in the final.

Thuram, who has also had spells with Monaco and Parma, was part of the France squad which won the 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000.

He won 121 caps for France before calling an end to his international career after his country's defeat to Italy on penalties in the final.

Meanwhile, Zambrotta - who can also play full-back on either flank - spent two seasons with Bari before moving to Juventus in 1999. He has 58 caps for Italy.

Thuram's spokesman told BBC Sport earlier this week that the veteran defender had been in heavy demand from top clubs throughout Europe.

"Clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Arsenal and Chelsea have been asking about Lilian," he said.

Many star players are expected to leave Juventus, Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina in the wake of Italy's match-fixing scandal.

Juventus lost Italy's World Cup-winning captain Fabio Cannavaro and Brazil midfielder Emerson to Real Madrid on Wednesday.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 10:09:52 PM by SOBRIQUET »
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Barca sign Thuram and Zambrotta
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 10:10:57 PM »
would be interesting to see how they fitting into the team, who getting benched for them or who dey getting benched for

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Barca sign Thuram and Zambrotta
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 05:18:53 AM »
Barca sign Thuram and Zambrotta  [/size]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/5201744.stm

Thuram and Zambrotta faced each other in the World Cup final
Barcelona have won the race to capture Juventus defenders Lilian Thuram and Gianluca Zambrotta following the Italian club's relegation to Serie B.
Thuram, 34, has signed a two-year deal, while the 29-year-old Zambrotta has put pen to paper on a four-year contract.

Juventus were relegated and will start next season with a 30-point penalty after the match-fixing scandal which rocked Italian football.

Spanish media reports suggest Barca have paid a combined fee of £13m.

The pair will join their new team-mates on Barca's tour of Mexico and the USA.

France's Thuram and Italy's Zambrotta both enjoyed outstanding tournaments in the World Cup, facing each other in the final.

Thuram, who has also had spells with Monaco and Parma, was part of the France squad which won the 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000.

He won 121 caps for France before calling an end to his international career after his country's defeat to Italy on penalties in the final.

Meanwhile, Zambrotta - who can also play full-back on either flank - spent two seasons with Bari before moving to Juventus in 1999. He has 58 caps for Italy.

Thuram's spokesman told BBC Sport earlier this week that the veteran defender had been in heavy demand from top clubs throughout Europe.

"Clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Arsenal and Chelsea have been asking about Lilian," he said.

Many star players are expected to leave Juventus, Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina in the wake of Italy's match-fixing scandal.

Juventus lost Italy's World Cup-winning captain Fabio Cannavaro and Brazil midfielder Emerson to Real Madrid on Wednesday.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 09:36:22 AM »
would be interesting to see how they fitting into the team, who getting benched for them or who dey getting benched for

Well puyol startin 100% i feel  rijkaard wudnt bench marquez either
so we could see them holding either wing back

zambrotta------marquez-------puyol------thuram

Offline LICKS4SO

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 09:42:39 AM »
zambrotta------marquez-------puyol------thuram

damm....that last four tighter than a crappo bottom

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 09:47:33 AM »
but who starting out of...

xavi, iniesta, motta, edmilson, gudjohnsen, ronaldinho, deco, van bommel, messi, giuly in de midfield?????

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 09:56:26 AM »
but who starting out of...

xavi, iniesta, motta, edmilson, gudjohnsen, ronaldinho, deco, van bommel, messi, giuly in de midfield?????

most likely xavi, ronaldinho, deco and guily

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 10:08:38 AM »
they play with 3 in de center one defensive and two central

so most probably
--------------------------Eto'o-------------------------               
Ronaldinho-----------------------------------Messi---
--------------Xavi------------------------Deco----------
---------------------------edmilson--------------------

wit de same back four

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 10:16:30 AM »

so most probably

wit de same back four

dat is ah big line up but messi ent going and start!!

watch for gudjonson tuh play ah big role cause he is ah real good passer of the ball!!

and den it have van bommel......whey sah. ah love it!!

barca vs real go be a big game this year!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 10:26:34 AM »
i hoping to go to a barca v real this year.. anyone have any contacts pm me..

i go raise a trini flag for allyuh to see on tv

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 11:02:24 AM »
i hoping to go to a barca v real this year.. anyone have any contacts pm me..

i go raise a trini flag for allyuh to see on tv

Aye yuh just have to call the ticket shop early.... certain tickets are not very expensive... but it does be a mad rush for de available tickets when they come out.

Check the clubs websites for the ticket hotlines....

I have been to Real Madrid games and it easy peasy to get tkts... no setta links necessary...

Behind the goal is economical seats and yuh sure to make TV with yuh trini flag..... ;D

Do it like so

Check de view

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 11:48:37 AM »

so most probably

wit de same back four

watch for gudjonson tuh play ah big role cause he is ah real good passer of the ball!!

I think the might use zambrotta on the left and put Thuram in the center with Puyol back to right back. Anyhow yuh juggle it that is a big back four.

i think Messi is a sure start once fit. Since Van Bommel left the Dutch league he aint step up to the barca level yet so I feel Edmilson or Motta will start. Gudjohnsen goh have to fit in some how. Anyhow, Rikaard go figure it out.

My Barca line up.

Puyol            Thuram          Marquez              Zambrotta

Edmilson

Deco                                   Xavi

Messi                                                                                        Ronaldinho
                                               Eto'o

** I would start Gudjohnsen over Deco cause I find he isn't that good, he skillful but is slow, is pushed off the ball easily and tends to hold on the ball too long at times. But Rikaard seems to favor him so I have to trust meh gaffa.

Big side regardless. CANT WAIT FOR SUPER CLASSICO, men like kicker could be suicidal.........lol :rotfl: :rotfl:
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 12:07:52 PM »

** I would start Gudjohnsen over Deco cause I find he isn't that good, he skillful but is slow, is pushed off the ball easily and tends to hold on the ball too long at times. But Rikaard seems to favor him so I have to trust meh gaffa.

wha madness you talking
Deco not that good
the man does bring other into play, he could dribble, pass, shoot and take a free kick
me eh know if Gudjohnsn could do all of that

Més que un club.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 12:16:51 PM »

wha madness you talking
Deco not that good
the man does bring other into play, he could dribble, pass, shoot and take a free kick

I never say that doh bring others into play, cyah dribble, cyah pass, cyah shoot or take a free kick. Apparently u didnt see the problems about his game I listed.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2006, 02:24:05 PM »

so most probably

wit de same back four

I think the might use zambrotta on the left and put Thuram in the center with Puyol back to right back. Anyhow yuh juggle it that is a big back four.

i think Messi is a sure start once fit. Since Van Bommel left the Dutch league he aint step up to the barca level yet so I feel Edmilson or Motta will start. Gudjohnsen goh have to fit in some how. Anyhow, Rikaard go figure it out.

My Barca line up.

Puyol            Thuram          Marquez              Zambrotta

Edmilson

Deco                                   Xavi

Messi                                                                                        Ronaldinho
                                               Eto'o

Big side regardless. CANT WAIT FOR SUPER CLASSICO, men like kicker could be suicidal.........lol :rotfl: :rotfl:

Deco much better than Gudjohnsen. He has been their best midfielder besides Ronaldinho and was one of the better players in the WC.

Thuram Starting in the center for Barca. You think he would sign with them without out playing time guatantees?

Marquez might endup being the holding midfielder and Edmilson will be the odd man out.
TnT Patriot

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 04:05:49 PM »
Ah glad tuh welcome Zambrotta and Thuram tuh de Nou camp but although Thuram had ah good showin in de WC..ah lil suprise that dey give him ah 2 yr contract....anyhow is bout time man like Oleguer siddown and watch de football
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2006, 06:58:06 PM »
Deco starting spot is guaranteed. Despite great touch and technique, Gudjohnsen is not a central midfield playmaker like Deco, even though he was played there a bit last year with Chelsea. In the end, he is an alternative up front...a supporting striker and replacement for Larsson. I doubt he will start most games.

I am guessing Barca will play their usual 3 man attack. Ronaldinho, Eto +1. If Messi is fit he will be the final piece of the attack with Guily coming off the bench as was starting to happen last season until Messi got injured.

In the midfield, Xavi and Deco spots booked. Edmilson is Rijkaard's preferred defensive mid once he is fit. Marquez played well there for good parts of 2 seasons but has always been moved back to his preferred position in central defense when Edmilson is fit. Edmilson won't be 100% after surgery this summer, so Marquez will get the start with Motta as backup. In defense, I think Thuram and Puyol wil hold the center. Zambrotta will go right and Gio (aka...weakest link) will play on the left.

Once Edmilson is fit, he will ride the bench a little if Marquez is in good form. But with injuries and suspensions, expect everyone to get a good run. Marquez will probably end the season in central defense as he always does. I expect Iniesta to be a supersub, getting a few starts here and there and I hope Maxi Lopez will finally break out this season and at least win a starting spot in the Spanish Cup side

A little piece of Trivia for people...Edmilson has played 5 seasons in Europe, 2 in Spain and 3 in France (with Lyon).....and in every season, his team has won the domestic title. Imagine that...maybe he is a lucky charm
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 07:01:29 PM by Filho »

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2006, 08:10:23 PM »

wha madness you talking
Deco not that good

I never say that doh bring others into play, cyah dribble, cyah pass, cyah shoot or take a free kick. Apparently u didnt see the problems about his game I listed.

the only problem with Deco is he could be a lil petulant sometimes and does end up in card trouble
he was in card trouble in the league, cup and world cup other than that he making that side before Gudjohnsn

Més que un club.

1]; } ?>