April 28, 2024, 09:31:46 AM

Author Topic: Juve to be relegated..?  (Read 8242 times)

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: Juve to be relegated..?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 12:04:21 PM »
and i quote" this link is to start ah new thread"   ;)
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 12:11:31 PM »
wuh?!?! it aint for me.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 12:17:37 PM »
Well boys........let de flood-gates open....rel man headin for Real, Barca and Chelsea
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 08:37:50 AM »
<a href="http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/Juventus_Fiorentina_Lazio_to_be_demoted__report_news_88918.html" target="_blank">Source: WorldSoccer.com[/url]

According to a report in today's Gazetta dello Sport newspaper, Juventus, Fiorentina and Lazio will be relegated to the Italian second division, while Milan will retain their Serie A status, albeit with a points deduction.

"The verdict will be this: Juventus, Fiorentina and Lazio will be relegated to division two," said Gazetta.

"Milan will stay in the first division but will not be allowed to take part in the Champions League."

The newspaper did not reveal its sources but claimed it also knew what point deductions each team would receive.

Juventus will be docked 20 points from the start of their Serie B campaign with Fiorentina penalised 10 and Lazio six or seven. Milan will lose 10 to 15 points from their Serie A challenge as well as being excluded from next season's Champions League.

The president of the Italian Football Confederation (CAF) Cesare Ruperto is due to read out the verdict on the newspaper's sister television station at1800 (GMT).

The teams will then have three days to appeal before a federal court of arbitration and a final decision will be given by July 24.

The scandal surrounds former Juve general manager, Luciano Moggi, interfering with the appointment of referees for Serie A fixtures.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 09:02:10 AM »
doesn't seem any verdicts have been decided yet....nothing on milan or juventus' websites either

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5746032

Associated Press
Posted: 5 hours ago     

ROME (AP) - The sports trial in Italy's soccer scandal wrapped up Friday as the seven judges retired to deliberate on the fate of four top soccer clubs facing demotion to lower divisions on match-fixing charges.

MATCHFIXING MADNESS

Lead judge Cesare Ruperto said it could take from three to 15 days for verdicts.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 09:32:17 AM »
didn't Fiorentina get relegated back to Serie C some years ago for some other bobol?

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 10:06:16 AM »
They shud be relegated more than one divison

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 10:06:51 AM »
dey said dey will announce the verdict shortly after 16 00 BST.....  which is what in Eastern time?//

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 10:09:08 AM »
dey said dey will announce the verdict shortly after 16 00 BST.....  which is what in Eastern time?//

11:00 am

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 10:10:18 AM »

It's 17:09 now. if that helps. I think they are announcing it at 18:00, 50 minutes time.

Offline Falkirk and proud

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 10:11:26 AM »
Yes the announcement is being made at 1800BST
The Falkirk Stadium where a genius plays.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2006, 10:55:24 AM »
so in 5 mins?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2006, 11:42:50 AM »
The announcement delayed.

But my money is on Juve, Fiorentina and Lazio to B (with Juve also docked points). Milan stays in A, but will be docked points and stripped of Champs League.

announcement should come shortly.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 01:15:35 PM »
Check my earlier prediction  ;D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/5164194.stm

Italian trio relegated to Serie B
Serie A sides Juventus, Lazio and Fiorentina have been demoted to the second division for their involvement in Italy's match-fixing scandal.
AC Milan will stay in Serie A but will lose 15 points and will be kicked out of the Champions League.

Juventus were also stripped of their last two titles and had 30 points deducted meaning that they are almost certain to stay down for two seasons.

Lazio were penalised seven points while Fiorentina suffered a 12 point penalty.

More to follow.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 01:17:17 PM »
well is a big shopping spree now
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 01:22:34 PM »

Serie A sides Juventus, Lazio and Fiorentina have been demoted to the second division for their involvement in Italy's match-fixing scandal.
AC Milan will stay in Serie A but will lose 15 points and will be kicked out of the Champions League.

Juventus were also stripped of their last two titles and had 30 points deducted meaning that they are almost certain to stay down for two seasons.

More to follow.

i wonder if that "prediction" did come from all that speculation in the Gazza since early this morning which had reports saying this same thing  ::)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 01:26:10 PM »

More to follow.

i wonder if that "prediction" did come from all that speculation in the Gazza since early this morning which had reports saying this same thing  ::)

:rotfl:

if u mean la gazzetta dello sport, then no, i haven't been reading that

but i have been doing some research over the past few days  ;D

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 01:28:44 PM »

More to follow.

:rotfl:

if u mean la gazzetta dello sport, then no, i haven't been reading that

but i have been doing some research over the past few days ;D

haha yeah i meant the gazetta (..my bad) yeah i was followin it closely too

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2006, 01:38:31 PM »
hope not in the interest of the italian league, i'll like to see them in the top flight next season as well as europe.

Offline Swede

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2006, 01:45:53 PM »
Juventus - Serie B - 30 minus points
Fiorentina - Serie B - 12 minus points
Lazio - Serie B - 7 minus points 
Milan - Serie A - 15 minus points

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2006, 03:30:05 PM »

AC Milan, Fiorentina, Juventus and Lazio were implicated
Juventus were also stripped of their last two Serie A titles and had 30 points deducted, meaning they are likely to stay down for two seasons.

AC Milan will stay in Serie A but will start the season docked 15 points.

All are barred from competing in Europe - Juventus, Milan and Fiorentina the Champions League; Lazio the Uefa Cup.

Lazio were penalised seven league points while Fiorentina suffered a 12-point penalty.

All four clubs hit out at the verdict and hinted they would appeal.

They have three days to appeal to the Federal Court, but they may find they will run out of time to rescue their European places regardless of the outcome of any appeal because the deadline for entry is only 11 days away.

The FIGC (Italian football's governing body) must hand its European counterpart Uefa the lists of teams that will be involved in its competitions by 25 July.

I'm not saddened for myself but for the teams involved and for their fans

Luciano Moggi

Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli said: "This verdict is unheard of. We expected a balanced sentence not only in form but in substance, our expectations were different ones.

"We could have expected relegation to the second division but to be also handed a 30-point deduction is almost like relegation to the third division. We will appeal."

A statement on Fiorentina's official site called the decision "profoundly unjust".

It added: "Fiorentina wishes to reiterate the absolute correctness of the club and of their own executives.

"Fiorentina will fight with every means possible so that the truth of the facts are revealed."

An AC Milan statement said: "AC Milan retains the decision by the CAF of extraordinary injustice.

"We will appeal once the documents of the verdict will be available, with the certainty that the procedure will be radically modified by appeal."

Lazio president Claudio Lotito, who was banned for three years for his part in the scandal, was fuming following the verdict.

"I think this sentence is provisional as it's based on a theorem which is completely ridiculous," he said.

606 VIEW
The biggest transfer market in history has just opened its doors

NDS
606: Have your say 

"I will not make any decisions until a final sentence is given."

Inter, Roma, Chievo and Palermo, who finished third, fifth and seventh and eighth are in line to take the places of the penalised clubs in next season's Champions League.

Subject to any appeals Lecce, Messina, and Treviso will avoid relegation to Serie B and keep their places in the top flight as a result of the verdict.

Those directly involved with the scandal were also penalised, with former Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi suspended from all football for five years and Adriano Galliani, who was AC Milan vice-president, suspended for one year.

Moggi reacted by saying: "I'm not saddened for myself but for the teams involved and for their fans."

The tribunal in Rome investigated charges that the clubs, their management, football officials and referees tried to influence the outcome of matches by interfering with the appointment of officials.

In May, transcripts were published of telephone conversations between Moggi and Italian Football Association officials, discussing refereeing appointments in the 2004-05 season.

FIGC prosecutor Stefano Palazzi also charged 26 individuals for sporting fraud and violating fairness and probity.

All four clubs implicated denied the accusations.

Thirteen of Italy's World Cup-winning squad play for the clubs involved, with five at Juventus, who also number Patrick Vieira, Lilian Thuram, David Trezeguet, Pavel Nedved and Zlatan Ibrahimovic in their ranks.

Many of them are expected to seek transfers to other leading clubs in Italy or Europe to limit the damage to their careers.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Italian trio relegated to Serie B
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2006, 03:33:16 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2006, 03:34:20 PM »
 :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

come pavel... lol

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2006, 03:39:11 PM »
this is shaping up to be a big fire sale b/c there is sure to be a mass exodus of players.  i wonder who will go where???...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2006, 03:41:21 PM »
Any word on reasons how/why AC sentence so light compared to the others?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2006, 03:53:20 PM »
Viera going back to Arsenal will be a dream for Gunners fans.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2006, 04:10:38 PM »
jah doh sleep..dme italians go salt for dey season....and u se ehwo thigns is..all of ah sudden thet coudl rule...thye mudda ass and dem was waiting till wc done. ...no italian teams in uefa and champions leage...how sad no diving  :P
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2006, 04:11:39 PM »

More to follow.

hardly ur quote man i read dat everywher this morning

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2006, 04:45:41 PM »
Not true the Euro places will go to the next teams in line Inter, Roma, Chievo and Palermo for the CL and probably Livorno and Parma for the UEFAQ cup.

The relegated teams get to stay up as well so it's Christmas for a lot of teams.....depending on the outcome of the appeal of course.

1]; } ?>