April 12, 2024, 06:34:54 PM

Author Topic: Silvio Spann closes in on fitness.  (Read 4043 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Silvio Spann closes in on fitness.
« on: July 23, 2006, 07:56:00 AM »
Spann closes in on fitness.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Midfielder Silvio Spann is eyeing a return to action in the next two weeks following his hamstring injury but says he could be available for the August 9 friendly against Japan in Tokyo if called up by newly appointed head coach Wim Rijsbergen. Spann is still in Trinidad but says he could head to the UK by month end in hope of signing with a club.
“I’m still not fully recovered from the injury but things have gone well. I’m doing some good rehab at the moment and just trying to pace myself so that I can make a good comeback. I’m still not able to play as yet but if the coach calls me for the Japan game, I think by that time I will be able to give it a shot,” Spann told TTFF Media.
Rijsbergen arrived back in the country on Saturday and will hold a series of meetings this week with local technical staff and TTFF officials regarding the future preparations of the “Soca Warriors” and related football matters.
“The first thing would be for us to assess what happened at the World Cup and go over each person’s roles and work towards getting things set for what is ahead of us. That involves the youth teams and Olympic teams as well because there is a lot of football to be played and then of course with the senior team there is the Gold Cup next year. We have a lot in store and we will plan for all of this from my first week back in the country,” Rijsbergen told TTFF Media.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 08:05:03 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Re: Silvio Spann closes in on fitness.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 11:11:30 AM »
Silvio....doh rush it going in to play before yuh ready...it might make ur situation worse...wait until you are fully recovered
Warrior For Life !!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 11:12:08 AM »
im very happy to hear dis bc i was very disappointed that he didnt play in the world cup

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 02:03:13 PM »
he still not fit? what about the conspiracy theory about them dropping him from the world cup that the newsday carried on their front page!!

them fellaz is kix!

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 07:14:03 PM »
Andre boy that is why you have to luv it. The same newspaper that carried the conspiracy story now sayin he not fit. That is what does pass for Journalism in sweet TNT.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>