April 25, 2024, 03:31:58 AM

Author Topic: Whim's biggest challenge  (Read 8115 times)

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: Wim is a much more defensive coach than Beenhakker?
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2006, 07:33:56 PM »
This was brought to my attention that wim is more defensive than beenhakker, dutchman also stated this in a post a few weeks ago i believe. This is merely speculative but from my reviews he is said to be even more of a defensive minded coach, now I dont know how much more defensive tt could get but say wha, building from the back is a good idea, i guess all will revelaed against japan, if anyone has any more insight on this, please share, i wonder if being more defensive is good for trinidad and tobago football, will it kill our natural attacking flair and style, what we are bron to play or add another dimension to our football?                                    vibes it up

Yuh mean the same natural attacking flair and style  we use when we qualify for 2002 WC under Bertie? or the same natural attacking flair and style we use to play under Gally ? ah not sure which natural  attacking flair and style yuh talking about boss,is it de one wey we use to beat ppl real bad longtime ? help meh out nah ah confuse ......''if anyone has any more insight on this ,please share.''....
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 07:40:43 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wim is a much more defensive coach than Beenhakker?
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2006, 08:41:05 PM »
This was brought to my attention that wim is more defensive than beenhakker, dutchman also stated this in a post a few weeks ago i believe. This is merely speculative but from my reviews he is said to be even more of a defensive minded coach, now I dont know how much more defensive tt could get but say wha, building from the back is a good idea, i guess all will revelaed against japan, if anyone has any more insight on this, please share, i wonder if being more defensive is good for trinidad and tobago football, will it kill our natural attacking flair and style, what we are bron to play or add another dimension to our football?

vibes it up

I think defensive football is the first step. Without a solid defense, our side is shit. And because we have been defensively naive in the past..we have never achieved anything of note at the highest level of football until now. So I am gald we focusing on the defensive aspect of football a little more. Besides, I do not think we were that defensive in the WC...we brought on an extra forward against Sweden after going down to 10 men, and we started with 2 forwards against England and Paraguay. We all wanted more of Latas, and Edwards was forced into a right back position due to injuries and suspensions...but all in all..we put out a progressivley more attacking lineup as the team develope, especially after sticking so long to a one man forward line. As Beenie felt we were more solid in the defense and defensive midfield, he began to employ a little more flexibility in attack. But we ahd to start at the weak spot and build from there. Part of the reason we looked so defensive is because oftentimes we were simply being outplayed, or in the case against Sweden, we were outnumbered. Also, we just do not have as many technically gifted players as some would like to believe. Sure we could have attacked more...but I think Beenie got the right balance out of the players (except a would have played Latas a bit more...heheh...hindsight is 20/20) and I believe Wim will continue to develop the team in the right way to maximize success at the highest level..and if we could employ a few tricks while we at it fine..but basics first. And that includes solidifying the defense

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Whim's biggest challenge
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2006, 03:49:47 AM »
Okay so with all that said what is Wim doiing at this moment? Has he organized any type of meeting or Camps?
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2006, 10:53:09 AM »
Okay so with all that said what is Wim doiing at this moment? Has he organized any type of meeting or Camps?

''meetings'' or ''camps'' nah right now he concentrating on de netball team and swim club.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

TrinInfinite

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2006, 12:10:10 PM »
This was brought to my attention that wim is more defensive than beenhakker, dutchman also stated this in a post a few weeks ago i believe. This is merely speculative but from my reviews he is said to be even more of a defensive minded coach, now I dont know how much more defensive tt could get but say wha, building from the back is a good idea, i guess all will revelaed against japan, if anyone has any more insight on this, please share, i wonder if being more defensive is good for trinidad and tobago football, will it kill our natural attacking flair and style, what we are bron to play or add another dimension to our football?                                    vibes it up

Yuh mean the same natural attacking flair and style  we use when we qualify for 2002 WC under Bertie? or the same natural attacking flair and style we use to play under Gally ? ah not sure which natural  attacking flair and style yuh talking about boss,is it de one wey we use to beat ppl real bad longtime ? help meh out nah ah confuse ......''if anyone has any more insight on this ,please share.''....

no the same natural attacking flair in 74 and 89' and many years in between, that attacking flair boss

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2006, 12:41:13 PM »

no the same natural attacking flair in 74 and 89' and many years in between, that attacking flair boss

Oh Shite !! TI    I really forget in 74 and 89 we qualify for de WC and at that time was de best football TnT ever play so yuh know what yuh right ...we should go back to what got us to the highest point in TnT football
which is ''the same natural attacking flair in ''74 and 89'' and while we at it lets bring back Gally to reintroduce that sucessfull style TnT is noted for.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2006, 10:30:16 AM »
For some reason most Canadian football fans hate T&T. I don't know if it is because of the cut ass they got in 2002 or what? They does good cut we up on their forum.

Che, they start  hating after Jack Warner publicly dog their league and national team a few years ago.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2006, 10:53:21 AM »

Oh Shite !! TI    I really forget in 74 and 89 we qualify for de WC and at that time was de best football TnT ever play so yuh know what yuh right ...we should go back to what got us to the highest point in TnT football
which is ''the same natural attacking flair in ''74 and 89'' and while we at it lets bring back Gally to reintroduce that sucessfull style TnT is noted for.

I think it is important to understand that our performances during the qualifers in 73 & 89 were far better than our last campaign. Those who were fortunate to witness those campaigns would tell you about the style and flair that was displayed, we were unfortunate on both occasions. Those campaigns help establish T&T as a CONCACAF power house, and we did it with local coaches. If I am not mistaking, during the 90 campaign CONCACAF was only allowed 3 teams - not the 3.5 situation. The fact that we qualified does not , and should not diminish the significance of those 2 campaigns. If we did not qualify this year, and you were to ask any Trinbagonian which lost hurt the most, and why - you would most certainly hear the 89 lost, and their reason would be because we performed so well during the 89 qualifiers - playing OUR style of ball. The reason we got into the WC is in my opinion because of CONCACAF 3.5 allotment
There is nothing wrong with our calypso style ball, we just need to tweak our defensive play, and focus on our athletisim and I am confident that we will participate in many more WCs.l :devil:

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2006, 11:29:43 AM »
If I am not mistaking, during the 90 campaign CONCACAF was only allowed 3 teams - not the 3.5 situation.

We only had 2 spots back then..we came in 3rd...

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2006, 11:43:06 AM »
DeSoWa, Thanks for the clarification.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2006, 12:56:44 AM »
Whim's biggest obstacle is who going to pay him and his staff and allow dem to carry out their plans.  Who bankrolling all dis?

1]; } ?>