April 28, 2024, 10:39:22 PM

Author Topic: Warner to fund football league in Moruga  (Read 5368 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner to fund football league in Moruga
« on: August 03, 2006, 08:44:03 AM »
Warner to fund football league in Moruga
By Shaun Fuentes

Two young footballers from Moruga will be afforded the opportunity to earn professional contracts with Joe Public Football Club and others can expect the opportunity to show off their abilities at a newly set up League on better playing fields in the area in the not too distant future.

These were the revelations coming out of a visit to the area by FIFA Vice President Jack Warner following an invitation to him by the Princes Town Regional Corporation (PTRC) which hosted celebrations to commemorate the arrival of Christopher Columbus on the Moruga beach (in 1492) on Tuesday.  The PTRC in collaboration with the Moruga 500 committee along with hosting the reenactment of Columbus’ coming and Emancipation celebrations, also organized a boat race in which the top three winners took away cash prize totaling $6,000 courtesy of Warner.

But aside from Warner being the chief guest at Tuesday’s events, he also relayed to PTRC chairman of infrastructure committee Clifton De Coteau that it was his intentions to fund a league in the area and to upgrade the football grounds in the area.

“This area might seem far too many but it’s never to far to unearth new talent and it must start with better opportunities for those living in places like these,” Warner said.

“You must start with better facilities, better coaching and better leagues and I will contribute in that way once the people of the area can organize some of it. I will try to make better opportunities for them because there are lots of eager persons in areas like these who must not be forgotten or left behind because of where they come from,” added Warner who extended the invitation for two players from the area who might be attached either to one of the existing clubs or schools to attend a training stint at Joe Public.

“And this extends to Princes Town as well because I can assure you once the authorities can fix the Yolande Pompey Park, then I shall sponsor a League there as well,” Warner continued.

De Coteau was all ears to Warner’s words and promised to oversee arrangements to ensure the developments come through.

“We want create better opportunities for the people and Mr Warner has come forward to help us in our causes. We look forward to improving the conditions in the area and we will work together with him towards positive developments  in these areas. With regards to today’s activities we saw the need to collaborate both the emancipation celebrations and the arrival of Columbus,” De Coteau added.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: Warner to fund football league in Moruga
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 03:59:05 PM »
Trust meh.  It have real talent up there.  Remember the Moruga Composite team that in its first year in Intercol was leading the South Zone in the late 80s, over big teams like Pres, Benedicts, Naps?  They were banned for having an overage player or two.  That team was real good.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 06:21:33 PM »
Jack ah could see yuh picture in de Trinidad and Tobago Football Hall of Fame...

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 07:02:02 PM »
Alot of negative can be said about Warner...but give credit where credit it due.....thank you sir for your continuing  contribution...
Warrior For Life !!

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Warner funds league
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 07:53:17 AM »
Warner to fund Moruga league
Source: - Trinidad Guardian Newspapers

Two young footballers from Moruga will be afforded the opportunity to earn professional contracts with Joe Public Football Club when a new league will kick-off in the community.

The league will help develop the footballing talents within the community.

This was announced by Fifa Vice President Jack Warner when he visited the community following an invitation extended to him by the Princes Town Regional Corporation (PTRC) which hosted celebrations to commemorate the arrival of Christopher Columbus on the Moruga beach (in 1492) on Tuesday.

The PTRC in collaboration with the Moruga 500 committee along with hosting the re-enactment of Columbus coming and Emancipation celebrations, also organised a boat race in which the top three winners took away cash prize totaling $6,000 courtesy of Warner.

But aside from Warner being the chief guest at Tuesdays events, he also told Clifton De Coteau, the PTRC chairman of infrastructure committee, that it was his intentions to fund a league and to upgrade the football grounds in the area.

This area might seem far too many but its never to far to unearth new talent and it must start with better opportunities for those living in places like these, Warner said.

You must start with better facilities, better coaching and better leagues and I will contribute in that way once the people of the area can organise a programme. I will try to make better opportunities for them because there are a lot of persons in areas like these who must not be forgotten or left behind, Warner said.

I can assure you that once the authorities fix the Yolande Pompey Park, I shall sponsor a League in the community, Warner announced.

Warner, the president of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) also extended the invitation for two players from the area who might be attached either to one of the existing clubs or schools to attend a training stint at Joe Public.

De Coteau said: We want to create better opportunities for the people and Mr Warner has come forward to help us in our causes. We look forward to improving the conditions in the area and we will work together with him towards positive developments in these areas, De Coteau added.

Although being found in many corruption acts, he continues to give back to football in Trinidad (at both the national and local level) :applause:

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner funds league
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 08:50:15 AM »
I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ONE THING...FIFA gives us money to develop our leagues, facilities and so on, but I always hear "WARNER does this and WARNER does that" from his own pocket...come on...Is like I taking somebody else money but taking the praise for it...That is what he suppossed to do...He ain taking money from he salary or ill gotten gains...is from money allocated for that kind of development...So headline sshould read...FIFA develops and funds league or at least he doing 1/10 of what he should be doing with the money.....Just imagine if he wasnt a tief how our fields, facilites and rural programs would develop??? could you just imagine...we would be like costa rica, making the world cup every 4 years....so dont tell me "WArner" fund the league..that is b.s.

my 2 cents

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 08:55:26 AM »
I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ONE THING...FIFA gives us money to develop our leagues, facilities and so on, but I always hear "WARNER does this and WARNER does that" from his own pocket...come on...Is like I taking somebody else money but taking the praise for it...That is what he suppossed to do...He ain taking money from he salary or ill gotten gains...is from money allocated for that kind of development...So headline sshould read...FIFA develops and funds league or at least he doing 1/10 of what he should be doing with the money.....Just imagine if he wasnt a tief how our fields, facilites and rural programs would develop??? could you just imagine...we would be like costa rica, making the world cup every 4 years....so dont tell me "WArner" fund the league..that is b.s.

my 2 cents

Well dias de Jackula tactics....same way ah vampire in de movies does take yuh in de mansion, feed yuh, clothe yuh and treat yuh real good before he kill yuh

Jackula does have people thinkin "he is ah good man, he takin money out he pocket to help we"

When time come to run a stake in de vampire chest, it go always ha somebody go try and stop yuh

Vampires does move smoood
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 09:07:10 AM »

my 2 cents

Well is how yuh look at it

Yuh could say...

1) He coulda teef dah money instead

2) If FIFA is just as corrupt or more corrupt...why put FIFA funds league instead of Warner...that would probably be the same thing.

So the writer probably went with the heading that would get most readers attention :-\

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 09:24:22 AM »

my 2 cents

Well dias de Jackula tactics....same way ah vampire in de movies does take yuh in de mansion, feed yuh, clothe yuh and treat yuh real good before he kill yuh

Jackula does have people thinkin "he is ah good man, he takin money out he pocket to help we"

When time come to run a stake in de vampire chest, it go always ha somebody go try and stop yuh

Vampires does move smoood

Very dramatically said but nevertheless totally on point regards Jackula's behaviour & that of his protectors i.e. Jackula Slaves!

Some ah allyuh men here are good enough to be writing scripts for Hollywood!

Dutty you should write a sript for Hollywood called "Jackula De Long Lost Caribbean Cousin of Dracula Strikes Again!" :idea:

This move will make BIG money! ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 09:28:00 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 09:29:15 AM »
Well done Mr. Warner... doh know when they'll appreciate your committment and generosity when it comes to TnT football and give you a national medal. I say name the new jet Mrs. Manning buying the "Warner Wind Wagon".

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 10:13:25 AM »
Dis man is a class act yes.  The more I think about it is the more I doh understand how he gets away with it.  Houdini said it best, it isn't magic it is misdirection.  What the eyes see and the ears hear is what the mind believes.  Jackula even believes his own BS
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 12:02:09 PM »
How come is always Warner do this and Warner do that, and the man is just the Advisor to TTFF  ???

How come is never TTFF or Oliver Camps invited to speak or give out funding to something  ???
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 12:45:15 PM »
you know why pardners..so it could create this debate and misdirection as dragon said....The peopl on the receiving end will be diehard and loyal and believe the sh$T and we will say ....he used to tief eh ut he used to give we back something...in fact that is very genious and if i was a criminal he would be my mentor...

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 12:51:19 PM »
Whats the date of this article?
Warrior For Life !!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 12:52:51 PM »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 01:14:31 PM »
and warner is an old tief so whats the difference :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 01:22:16 PM »
It isn't jus because he is ah ol tief, it is the manner in which he is conducting his operations.  It is as if he just slapping the supporters in the face by showing that Jackula can rip everyone off and their isn't ah thing people can do about it.  I not saying not to make a profit on the investments that you making, but he digging out he own people eye to get it.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 01:45:24 PM »
so when fifa give money to help us develop our football

does warner get it or camps???
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 02:14:16 PM »

my 2 cents

You mean you are not falling for this line like so many others ?? Moruga is a new seat for the next election...you think they were chosen by guess ? Dont forget the real question ...is who money he spending ?... I have long been unable to tell the differnce between jack's money and money given by FIFA for football development.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 02:15:36 PM »
The Jack lovers go start to call him Robin Hood just now.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 02:16:16 PM »

my 2 cents

You mean you are not falling for this line like so many others ?? Moruga is a new seat for the next election...you think they were chosen by guess ? Dont forget the real question ...is who money he spending ?... I have long been unable to tell the differnce between jack's money and money given by FIFA for football development.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

1]; } ?>