June 16, 2024, 08:13:15 AM

Author Topic: another fallen soldier  (Read 15274 times)

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: another fallen soldier
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2006, 09:02:18 AM »
This is really so sad and the more people speak about him the sadder it gets. I am really so happy for him that he got tp experiece the Soca Warriors in the WC.

May God have mercy on his soul and comfort and strengthen his family, friends and all those who grieve his passing.

Rest in Peace Sean!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2006, 11:22:02 AM »
Exactly the more post u read the more sad it becomes.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2006, 12:07:29 PM »
Here is his memorial site

http://sean-jackman.memory-of.com/
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2006, 01:09:05 PM »
the photo album is a nice tribute to the guy

condolences to his family

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2006, 02:52:04 PM »
the photo album is a nice tribute to the guy

condolences to his family

We'll see you & ole talk bout our team in the future in Warrior Nation Heaven my comrade!!
So sad that you have gone over to the other side so young and so soon but glad that you were there in Germany with your fellow WN members to witness T&T 1st World Cup appearance!

Tell TC & the others over on the other side hi for us, please keep that Warrior Nation flag flying and let your Warrior Spirit guide our players in battle!!  :praying: :praying:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2006, 08:30:45 PM »
For those who can make it,

Sean's funeral will be as follows:
Saturday July 29th, 2006.
11:00 a.m:
At The Christ the Lord and St Micheal's RC Church, Washington Street, Marabella,
Burial is at St Peter's grounds Point a Pierre.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 08:51:25 PM by noname »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2006, 08:49:44 PM »
Memorial Service in Washington DC
Friday 28th July  10am - 12noon

Andrew Rankin Memorial Chapel
Sixth Street & Howard Place, N.W.
Washington, DC 20059

Reception to follow
Carnegie Bldg.
12noon - 2pm
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 09:30:29 PM by dcs »

Offline sweetjo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2006, 09:23:26 PM »
This is very sad. My condolences to the family. RIP Sean. From what I've read you were a beacon of light in this world and I know that you are with your maker in  heaven.

Offline madmonn

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2006, 11:25:32 PM »
Condolences to the Jackman family

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2006, 07:02:18 AM »
damn. i reading this thread and is only when i see the man picture on the papers today i realise i know the man and his family from church in marabella back in the day.  a real upstanding citizen, well brought up.

i just want to extend deepest condolences to his family.  this incident just shows the transingency of life... 

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2006, 11:49:09 AM »
My sincere condolences to Sean's family and firends. Take comfort in the Lord...for he is eternal.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2006, 10:40:19 AM »
Had the pleasure of attending the Memorial for Sean Jackman today at Howard University. A very moving ceremony. Sean seam to be a well liked, popular and kind hearted fellah. Fuh sure his family and friends will miss him. Also had the pleasure of meeting DCS.....RIP Mr. Sean Jackman
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 11:06:21 AM by Tongue »

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2006, 10:56:03 AM »
                                              SEAN JACKMAN

When I received a call from Jackie Massiah six years ago I assumed it was the usual old talk about football or carnival. After exchanging pleasantries, Jackie with an unusual serious tone explained to me that the son of his boyhood friend (Roy) was about to attend Howard U. and he wanted me to “look out” for him. That was the third recommendation for Sean Jackman.
(Arthur Alexander and Reggie Renrick had made previous recommendations)

Sean blazed the trail at Howard U. by raising the bar for excellence as a student and a person. As his advisor I witnessed first hand his determination and focus as he went about identifying challenges and meticulously formulating solutions. His burning desire to succeed, masked by his cool and calm demeanor, exemplified itself in every goal that he had identified. Sean success at Howard U. is well documented however his humanity is what distinguished him from other students. A giving and helpful person he was willing to listen and provide advice to other students as they dealt with the day to day challenges that come with being a student.

On occasions whenever Jackie inquired about Sean’s progress and is told about his accomplishment, he beamed with pride as he explained the close relationship that he has with his father, “one of the boys from Dundonald Street T’dad”, and boast that Sean was destine to carry the mantle forward as the “fruit does not fall far from the tree”.

Last Monday I made a painful call to Jackie to inform him that Sean died over the weekend. After dealing with the initial shock and enquiring about the little information I had received regarding the incident surrounding his death, Jackie excused himself to call and console this friend and to inform the “boys from Dundonald Street” that one of their heroes had fallen.

Condolences to his family and friends.
He will be missed.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2006, 11:03:02 AM »
I never meet the guy personally...even though we grew up close by and went to the same primary scholl in san-fernando...

Its funny because I was looking at all the pictures and videos i took in Germany and he had randomly come on in one of the videos singing the Warrior Chat... Full of life and happy just like the rest of us who was in Nurenberg that day...

RIP my brother...

Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline toolumstarboy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2006, 11:16:34 AM »
Eternal peace unto you, bro...your heart was in everything you did, so your spirit will always remain. 

Offline fire

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2006, 01:37:46 PM »
Sean, may you rest in peace..."life is changed, not ended"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2006, 04:39:50 PM »
Tongue, it meant a lot that you came to represent SW.net and WN.
Thanks brother.

We will make sure everyone's sentiments and condolences reach those who most need it.

Comforting to know the sense of family can reach so far.

1]; } ?>