April 26, 2024, 07:57:42 PM

Author Topic: Marvin Andrews days at Rangers are over  (Read 16087 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Marvin Andrews days at Rangers are over
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2006, 06:40:56 AM »
Yes the reviews are good , but the question is what next?
I would be really disappointed for Marvin if he didn't get to continue playing, but can he take any other part in the game? coach? physio? What is his other training? this is why our athletes need to have a 'leg' to stand on after the playing days are over...

If he fix his knee he will land with another team...if not he could simply minister,,who does make more money than minister?
Benny Hinn have he own personal Gulfstream jet

On a different note this kinda should underscore to some trinis the fact that this is simply a business...no fren no loyalty
Dog would sweat blood for that team and is nuttn for de team to just drop him

All de people who make noise about latas was 'threat' and latas was 'disrespected'...dais from our perspective
From de perspective of a man who simply get hired to do ah wukk...he is a player who is slower and dont play defense

No loyalty, no fren in dis ting
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2006, 06:46:14 AM »
I would be really disappointed for Marvin if he didn't get to continue playing, but can he take any other part in the game? coach? physio? What is his other training? this is why our athletes need to have a 'leg' to stand on after the playing days are over...

If he fix his knee he will land with another team...if not he could simply minister,,who does make more money than minister?

On a different note this kinda should underscore to some trinis the fact that this is simply a business...no fren no loyalty

All de people who make noise about latas was 'threat' and latas was 'disrespected'...dais from our perspective
From de perspective of a man who simply get hired to do ah wukk...he is a player who is slower and dont play defense

Well said
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2006, 08:37:34 AM »
A Marv-ellous Innings
Big Marv may be off soon but he’ll live long in the memory
followfollow.com (UK)

As fans of Rangers we appreciate those men who are willing to go the extra mile for the club. We applaud those who play for the team first and the wage packet second. Our respect lies with those who work hard to achieve something great, even if the body isn’t as able as the mind is willing. For these reasons alone, Marvin Andrews will be remembered fondly at Ibrox.

With new manager, Paul Le Guen, looking to bring in a higher calibre of player, Marvin has been told that he can leave the club after two seasons. During this time he has experienced both the ultimate highs and the lowest of lows. In the midst of the worst periods of last season, Marvin was a player that you would have wanted playing for you. He is someone you can rely on to inject some spirit into a faltering campaign.

The wisdom of his signing in 2004 was questioned by those who believed that he simply wasn’t good enough for Rangers. Perhaps he wasn’t the best of defenders and maybe we as a club should have been looking at a higher calibre of player. But to consider these facts along without taking into account the immense amount of belief in the individual would be foolish. Big Marv didn’t doubt his own ability. He convinced himself that he was able to be a good player for Rangers and to hell with the rest of it. He was going to try his very best.

Many average players have passed through the front doors of Ibrox in the past five years. Some of them were good players, some were formerly good players. Some didn’t understand what was expected of them and some simply didn’t care. We have been frustrated with those who have earned far too much and produced too little. These players didn’t understand what playing for a club like Rangers meant. They all could have learned something from Marvin Andrews, who endeared himself to the support in the best way possible. “I had to earn the right to play in the Rangers first-team.”

During the season of 2004/05, Andrews exceeded everyone’s expectations and played a vital part in Rangers regaining the SPL trophy. It will be remembered by all in Scotland as his finest year: what makes it all the more remarkable was his stubborn unwillingness to have surgery performed on a damaged knee. His belief in God was all he personally needed and, miraculously, he came through the season unscathed and ended it with a league winner’s medal. He was also rewarded for his toil by being voted the Rangers Players’ Player of the Year. To be recognised by your own team-mates probably means more to a professional than any praise you can receive from external quarters.

His damaged knee makes his future prospects in football unclear. With the injury still there and clubs more exhaustive in their medical testing it may be the case that clubs are unwilling to take a risk on him. We can hope that he will have the opportunity to remain in Scotland. He will be a useful performer for another SPL club. The most disappointing fact for Marvin is that he didn’t get a chance to play for his native Trinidad and Tobago at the World Cup. Almost to a man the Rangers support would have given Marv their full support.

Marvin Andrews does not qualify as a Rangers legend but he has shown enough heart and fight during his time at Ibrox to be deserving of a fond farewell and a good luck for the next stage of his career. If every professional footballer was to put the amount of effort into their performances as Marvin Andrews put into his then our sport would be the better for it.

MJS

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2006, 01:00:09 PM »
Just noticed this, posted yesterday on the BBC Sports website:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/d/dunfermline_athletic/5207948.stm

The article is not about Marvin but contains the following quote:
Meanwhile, there was no sign of Rangers defender Marvin Andrews, despite speculation of a move to Dunfermline.

Pars manager Jim Leishman told BBC Sport: "I haven't spoken Marvin Andrews or his agent.

"It's all just a flyer in the newspapers.

"He is the type of person who would be a good addition to the squad, but it is all about budgets these days."

Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Andrews to remain in Scotland
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2006, 09:20:36 PM »
Andrews to remain in Scotland
By: Darryl Broadfoot (The Herald)

July 27 2006

MARVIN Andrews has turned down six offers from England to stay close to his Fife church.
The Rangers defender has been told he will not feature in the plans of Paul Le Guen, the new manager, and the club have agreed to a free transfer despite having activated an automatic one-year extension.
The Herald understands Wolves, Stoke City and Plymouth Argyle were among the English sides willing to secure the services of the Trinidad and Tobago defender, but Andrews has made up his mind to stay in Scotland and be close to the Zion Praise Centre, with which he is heavily involved.
Hibernian and Hearts have expressed interest in the 30-year-old but Andrews would have to accept a considerable salary cut to join either club.
Hibernian have emerged as favourites, with Hearts willing to offer only a one-year deal, but Tony Mowbray's budget for players is limited.
With a year left on his deal, Rangers may require to offer Andrews compensation to cover his loss of earnings. The defender appeared in more than 50 games for Rangers in two years, thereby activating the extra one-year clause.
Meanwhile, Croatia striker Dado Prso insists reports of his international retirement are premature.
The Rangers forward had looked set to quit playing for his country after the World Cup this summer, with Croatian Football Association president Vlatko Markovic claiming the 31-year-old had decided to focus on his Ibrox career.
But Prso insists he has still to make a decision on his future with Croatia, where ex-Everton and West Ham defender Slaven Bilic has taken charge of the national team.
Prso told the Rangers News: "I haven't actually decided anything yet. No announcement about my retirement should have been made.
"I am going to talk things over with my family and then speak to the president of the Football Association, who is coming to Glasgow soon, before making a choice."

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2006, 05:57:27 AM »
A hurricane was approacing a little village and the authorities asked everyone to evacuate. A stubborn man who boasted of his great Faith in the lord decided to stay put. The hurricane came and the town was flooded and the water level kept getting higher and higher. The man went on his roof and despite a rope being sent for him to get into a boat, he refused. In a last effort to save him a helicopter was sent , he again refused the offer. Finally the waterlevel covered him and he died.
In the afterlife he complained to God that he had prayed and God did not help him.

GOD replied- I sent you a rope, I sent you a boat- I sent you a helicopter.
 What else did you want me to do. ?

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »
I love Marv but if i have a team i certainly would not want to be paying out wages to a player which i cant utilise.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2006, 04:20:21 PM »
Respect everytime Dog.  De Father doh give yuh more than yuh could handle.

Sad yuh didn't get a run in de World Cup.  I will always remember yuh heading de ball of de line when Jack was making a mess of things.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2006, 12:53:26 AM »
I just read in de Glasgow Evening Times (no, ah doh read it daily) that Dog turn down an offer from Hearts.

They are a boss team but they only offered him a one-year contract.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2006, 05:48:43 AM »
I just read in de Glasgow Evening Times (no, ah doh read it daily) that Dog turn down an offer from Hearts.

They are a boss team but they only offered him a one-year contract.
yeah that team on the up seriously..ah think they have a Russian behind them too
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2006, 06:00:23 AM »

Well said

I second dat "well said".....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>