April 19, 2024, 01:29:35 PM

Author Topic: Carnival Postponed for Girl in Aruba  (Read 6692 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Carnival Postponed for Girl in Aruba
« on: June 16, 2005, 06:29:43 AM »
From Cnn

"He said Aruba requested and had received additional technical assistance from Dutch and U.S. authorities, but he didn't elaborate.

A carnival scheduled for this weekend has been postponed, authorities said, because so many police resources are being used in the search for Holloway and out of respect for her.

"

Good thing she did not go missing in Trinidad because no way no how Carnival getting postponed

The island so damn small 19 miles by 7 miles and they search for the last 3 weeks

I think she not on that island

They either throw she  in the sea or she run away by boat or small plane

if she was dead on the island they should have found the body by now

Aruba is a limestone island it is not easy to dig a hole and bury a person in that type of soil.

I waiting for this american girl to suddenly come back so somebody could buss a lash in she ass.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carnival Postponed for Girl in Aruba
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 08:29:57 AM »
I waiting for this american girl to suddenly come back so somebody could buss a lash in she ass.

The girl could have been murdered and that's how you talking?  Suppose it was your daughter?
You should change your name to jackass2

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Get Real fellas
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 08:58:11 AM »
I'm sorry if that girl was murdered but everybody should know by now that all of this attention is being given due to the fact that is a pretty lil white girl missing.

I saw images of US navy officers searching on the people's island. Do they have the authority to do that. Aruba may be small but I'm almost certain that this is not the first time someone went missing or was murdered.

Wake up ! You think they woulda be searching so if it was a black American.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 09:07:14 AM »
Black, White Chinee Indian.. It doh matter, somebody child missing and it is a sad situation, and I hope she is found alive...

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 09:33:48 AM »
Whilst I totally agree it is a very sad situation, I'm currently in Curacao on a project and often go to Aruba also. If it was a local girl from Aruba, carnival would not have been postponed and the three suspects (one, the son of a judge and the two others, brothers, son of a very prominent businessman) would have already been released and very little would have come of the investigation. Because it's an American girl, justice will be served as soon as possible, it's very sad from all angles.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
People can look at it at all angles however the fact remains
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 10:22:02 AM »
A young lady is missing under very tragic circumstances political reasons as to why emphasis is being placed on her be damned .....we are people not politicians so lets look at it from the people perspective and not the political one....somebody's blood and family is missing dont justify something by saying if it was somebody else it would have been handled differently it is what it is and lets keep our fingers crossed that the outcomer is a positive one. Every situation is a different one handle it on merit not on bitter social belief....essentially a young woman is missing black , white american , aruba, tri ni, jamaican ...a young woman is missing.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 10:31:30 AM »
Aruba does have a carnival like about every 2 months or so.  Is more a tourism ting dan any kinda meaningful cultural experience.

Not puttin down Aruba carnival at all or sayin dat Trini own is dis big cultural experience either.  Just sayin dat yuh cyah compare de 2 and also de fact dem does have so much "carnival", postponin one eh go make much of a difference in de overall scheme of tings.  Only dem tourist who come durin dat time might be lil disappointed.....dey could always pass thru in a month or 2 to get a lagniappe.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 10:35:34 AM »
They say they only have one or two homicides a year so I figure any murder is a big deal.

The American authorities there are under Aruban guidance and the FBI don't have much authority right now.
The American media is what have the situation like it is now...I cah deny race might have a little bit to do with the intensity of the coverage but I don't see anything wrong with the interest even though I'm sure Americans are murdered in other countires on a regular basis.

It look like just another continuation in the coverage of missing people like the few in Florida.....this just happen to be further South.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 10:52:46 AM »
Black, White Chinee Indian.. It doh matter, somebody child missing and it is a sad situation, and I hope she is found alive...

Good call Samo..too bad that everyone don't see things simple like that. The fact remains that if my daughter "Black, White Chinee Indian" was in the same situation ah doh think it would get all that attention. Truly sad!

Lets hope she's found and no innocent fella / fellas  takes a rap to keep Uncle Sam happy.

These girls have to get that 'Spring break" attitude out ah they system when they travel...doh ever drop your guard!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 10:53:37 AM »
I eh so sure bout de race angle although is a factor.

Look at de Laci case de oddah day.

Media does look fuh certain tings....

Woman
Young
White
Murder

Laci was also pregnant.

Husband is a suspeck.

Prime time coverage right dey.

Dis young gyul

Young
White
Woman
Possible murder...definitely disappeared.

Check de Jon Benet case......same ting

De ingredients dey.....race have a lil to do with it....but is a dutch white boy dey arrest.  If was a black man it woulda mek it more explosive.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 11:16:27 AM »

They did arrest two black security guards initially even though they didn't have any evidence against them.

It doh really matter who commit the crime.....is the victim that catch people attention up this side.

Offline LICKS4SO

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2005, 09:37:37 PM »
What is this i seeing here.......How many black people go missing in the US and nobody gives a damm. The American public is blind to the fact that so many women go to the Islands to get pipe... To bad she get lick up but it happens. what about 30-40 soilders that get blow up this week in Iraq....talk bout that!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2005, 05:46:31 AM »
What is this i seeing here.......How many black people go missing in the US and nobody gives a damm. The American public is blind to the fact that so many women go to the Islands to get pipe... To bad she get lick up but it happens. what about 30-40 soilders that get blow up this week in Iraq....talk bout that!

you really believe soldiers at war and a tourist missing in a foreign country is the same. if at is the case what about all the children and citizeans of Iraq.
I really hope nothing like this ever happen to one of allyuh children nah.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2005, 03:04:41 PM »
not to sound bad but what does this have to do with football?

there are other message boards on this very site for that!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2005, 07:36:40 AM »
she look for she thing.

if you is a jamette leaving a pub with 3 man, expect the worst.

people up here in de US want to know why this shit all over the media. it hace thousands of other missing youths all over the blasted country.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2005, 02:47:53 PM »
That is just ignorant. A girl missing on vacation and she look for it.. So if yuh wife wear a mini skirt and get rape she look for it...
Sad to hear men talking like that..

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2005, 02:54:48 PM »
dey have ah bunch ah new men posting her and ah happy about dat eh, but what sad about it is dat a few ah dem demonstarting exactly what wrong with T&T society. That si the moral breakdown!

How come she look fuh it? because she white , cuz  she is ah jamette etc,

pure bullshit.

De damn woman had no right to be touched, farless raped, or kidnapped, whetehr she was ah hoe, ah jammette ah sketel or ah triniman!

shimps man.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2005, 04:03:02 PM »
Exactly...
Steeps ;D
Sorry had to do dat...

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2005, 04:38:26 PM »

That whole trip was not well supervised it look like so blame whoever yuh want.
She was drinking (under the US age limit) and went out with 3 young guys who were not even in the visiting party.

Someobody has to get blame for it and most likely the adults.
I eh know what the story is exactly....I hear the Dutch boy was she boyfriend etc etc.
Whatever the case is, because Aruba is a safe place they wasn't really checking on dem and well teenagers have a way of getting themselves in real trouble.

I doh know how they cah find her yet since that island so small and everybody know everybody and know what going on.
They trying to make the Aruban Authorities look bad but I not hearing anything about the people who was supervising.

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2005, 05:40:19 PM »
they may have had chaperones, BUT she was 18..the age of majority in the US of A.

Besides, theadults have very little culpability!

The ones responsible for her disappearance do!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2005, 07:07:52 PM »
It have any black people in Aruba?  Cause the only black person I see is the first guy that they lock up and let go.  the way the news covering this is like everyone is Creole/white.

Plus what kind of people sending they daughter on an island because she done with high school...not college...but high school......

I really sorry for the girl but I not sending my 18 yr old daughter away like that...next thing she on girls gone wild. and thing.

When I have my children i hope i could do better......
I hope they find she and the family get some peace.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

1]; } ?>