April 28, 2024, 08:27:17 PM

Author Topic: Just One Question  (Read 7555 times)

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Just One Question
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2006, 11:58:17 AM »
Beenhakker will always be the man that lead us to the World Cup for the first time in our history. No one can take that away from him. He took us from near down and out and put us on the footballing map and for that I will be forever grateful.

However most people on this site talk as if Beenhakker is beyond criticism. One bad word mentioned about Beenhakker and everyone gets rile up.

Lets face it, the only time T&T beat a decent team was against Mexico when Latapy was playing. I really feel that in the World Cup, if Latapy was match fit, Beenhakker has made both a costly error and also robbed us of seeing Latapy light up the World Cup. He should have come on for 20 minutes against England and started against Paraguay.

Overall though, this was one of only a few criticisms I could possibly make of Beenhakker because everything else that he has done for the T&T national team has been exemplary.

Talk done.

Just to clarify this was the first post i made on this subject.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2006, 12:06:18 PM »
theobald can run for 90 minutes, hes not a creative mid, he is a defensive midfielder, who holds possesion, hes isnt a genuine playmaker like latas, but he does something that latas doesnt, tackle often and play the defensive role, by the way palos, all your posts in this topic so far has been spot on, very good posts bredda, but one question, what did bleeder say tuh beckham?

Dis is de link to de thread -  http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=19208.0

Dis is what he told Beckham...
Theobald related how he told England captain David Beckham: “I’m going to mark you all day and you’re not going to do anything,” during the TT versus England first round match at the World Cup Finals in Nuremberg, germany on June 15.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2006, 12:22:14 PM »
A lot of people talkin about Theobald playin before Latapy and I jes have to ask...

Anybody here know what Theobald ROLE on de team was?

If they do, do they think Latas could have played that ROLE better than Theobald?

Think carefully.  Remember what Theobald said to Beckham minutes before the England game.

theobald can run for 90 minutes, hes not a creative mid, he is a defensive midfielder, who holds possesion, hes isnt a genuine playmaker like latas, but he does something that latas doesnt, tackle often and play the defensive role, by the way palos, all your posts in this topic so far has been spot on, very good posts bredda, but one question, what did bleeder say tuh beckham?

Denzil is not a defensive midfielder. His favours  a more attacking role. He was never used this way with either BSC or Beenie. Furthermore, he like all our other midfielders had to perform a defensive role at the world cup for obvious reasons. He has vision and can help to defense into attack. His major problem is consistency.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2006, 12:45:09 PM »
I think you are the one who needs to be honest. How would Latapy have played against Sweden or England? Guess what?...noone knows and noone can guarantee that Latapy would have shone. Has Latapy never had a bad game....has he always been a game winner for T&T? No. All we have are our hunches..our beliefs...strong opinions, but recognize that is all they are. Be perfectly honest and you will realize what I am saying is true...it is ridiculous to admit Beenhaker definitely made a mistake...maybe he did, but can't you realize we are playing 'what if' here? There is no truth or right vs. wrong..just opinions and second guessing. Did you go to an alternate universe and saw what would happen if Latas played and now have the truth? No..So there is nothing to admit. Now if you say you strongly believe Beenie was in the wrong and you really believe he made a mistake...cool, but what you saying there makes no sense...unless you are God..in which case..my sincerest apologies

Obviously i am not saying that im god and i know everything but if someone critisises Beenhakker everyone jumps up and talking like how a man could say such a thing. Some of you are carrying on as if Beenhakker is god!

Just to clarify my stance on the Theobald thing. When you have got Whitley and Birchall playing as two holding midfielders and Yorke just in front it is extremely negative to throw in another defensive midfielder especially against Paraguay.

Beenhakker in my opinion put Theobald in against England to nullify Beckham's threat from crosses which was fair enough as that is all Beckham can do but if you read my other points clearly you will see what i said.

I may have been a bit heavy handed with my wording but I stand by what i said about Beenhakker making a mistake although i respect your opinion to feel differently.

Funny..I don't think you read anything I said, or maybe you did not understand. Where is my opinion about feeling differently? Where did I say you should not feel like Beenie made a mistake? I don't think Beenie is infalllible. I am simply addressing your statement that we should be honest with ourselves and admit Beenie made a mistake. I disagreed that we could reach such a definitive conclusion. I said it was cool to believe that he was in error...but keep it at that..I'm just saying it is all speculation with no facts to back up any opinion..just hunches. I am one who would argue for more Latapy playing time in case you had to know. But I don't know if he would have definitely made a difference to our fortunes

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2006, 12:49:27 PM »
I think you are the one who needs to be honest. How would Latapy have played against Sweden or England? Guess what?...noone knows and noone can guarantee that Latapy would have shone. Has Latapy never had a bad game....has he always been a game winner for T&T? No. All we have are our hunches..our beliefs...strong opinions, but recognize that is all they are. Be perfectly honest and you will realize what I am saying is true...it is ridiculous to admit Beenhaker definitely made a mistake...maybe he did, but can't you realize we are playing 'what if' here? There is no truth or right vs. wrong..just opinions and second guessing. Did you go to an alternate universe and saw what would happen if Latas played and now have the truth? No..So there is nothing to admit. Now if you say you strongly believe Beenie was in the wrong and you really believe he made a mistake...cool, but what you saying there makes no sense...unless you are God..in which case..my sincerest apologies

Obviously i am not saying that im god and i know everything but if someone critisises Beenhakker everyone jumps up and talking like how a man could say such a thing. Some of you are carrying on as if Beenhakker is god!

Just to clarify my stance on the Theobald thing. When you have got Whitley and Birchall playing as two holding midfielders and Yorke just in front it is extremely negative to throw in another defensive midfielder especially against Paraguay.

Beenhakker in my opinion put Theobald in against England to nullify Beckham's threat from crosses which was fair enough as that is all Beckham can do but if you read my other points clearly you will see what i said.

I may have been a bit heavy handed with my wording but I stand by what i said about Beenhakker making a mistake although i respect your opinion to feel differently.

Funny..I don't think you read anything I said, or maybe you did not understand. Where is my opinion about feeling differently? Where did I say you should not feel like Beenie made a mistake? I don't think Beenie is infalllible. I am simply addressing your statement that we should be honest with ourselves and admit Beenie made a mistake. I disagreed that we could reach such a definitive conclusion. I said it was cool to believe that he was in error...but keep it at that..I'm just saying it is all speculation with no facts to back up any opinion..just hunches. I am one who would argue for more Latapy playing time in case you had to know. But I don't know if he would have definitely made a difference to our fortunes

Cool.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2006, 01:08:39 PM »

Cool.

Respek

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2006, 01:20:49 PM »
Well I jus glad we get ah "If" to talk bout,(thanks again BeenE) cause with that we could win the whole damn thing....as Nelson say...
nah...nah...he din say dat...he sing dat...he say..."Tallman, wha yuh have to blow dey"  :devil:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2006, 01:22:35 PM »
Denzil is not a defensive midfielder. His favours  a more attacking role. He was never used this way with either BSC or Beenie. Furthermore, he like all our other midfielders had to perform a defensive role at the world cup for obvious reasons. He has vision and can help to defense into attack. His major problem is consistency.

I agree.  His preferred role is more attacking, however, his PRIMARY role in the team in this world cup, to me anyway, was to assist the left side of the defense and mark Ljunberg in the first instance, Beckham in the second game and whoever Paraguay had in the third game.  Sound to some extent because our wing back play left many gaps in the past and himself and Birchall had a lot of covering to do.  Yorke's role was to take pressure off of the central defence by intercepting passes and trying to win as many balls as possible, in addition to initaiting whatever attacks we had, and holding up the ball to bring others into play.  Losing Carlos in midfield due to Avery's suspension didn't help in the attacking front either.  
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2006, 02:12:11 PM »
I agree with everything Palos and Filho post...only thing ah couldn't finalize Stern's role...I think it was to keep the defense honest, but with the switch in Edwards role, and Whitley out, I think he would have been used in a more backward role,( if at all) as Yorke himself was further back, cause of the service required would definately have diminished.....yet it did rely on an extra juggle on the fly, and may have changed organization to much if not practised...nb: I tried calling for this before the Tourney...I think he made some run back to help support that theory, but it didn't look like a plan...any comments(supportive or otherwise) from those that were there ?

1]; } ?>