April 24, 2024, 03:36:16 PM

Author Topic: Marvin Oliver Thread  (Read 50281 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Marvin Oliver Thread
« on: June 16, 2005, 08:03:55 AM »
Marvin Oliver is Fit again Triniman

Leh we see how de thing go work out...

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:02:13 AM by Flex »
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Marvin Oliver is Fit again Triniman
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 08:13:55 AM »
oh gosh you...yuh come back with dat nonesense again...face it.. de man just not ready 4 dis type ah ball... ;D
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 08:15:56 AM »
yeah first beenie man have to watch super league football
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 08:35:47 AM »
futbolfan, though topics are not personal on this page, this is a joke between me and Triniman really. So your attitude is really not called for. I assure you. I wrote the topic just to hear Triniman come out of retirement so take it easy grasshopper im sure you have been around long enough to retort on the topic but you should have also been around long enough to know that This topic was my initiation on this site so by now it has become household between me and triniman and couple others.

And by the way, the only people that has what it takes to make the team are the players that Bennie-man selects.    Personally I think that Dawrika, Sealy, Mc Farlene should be looked at and look Eves getting a second look.  Someone said yesterday that it is now a Team ting  not an individual ting no more.
That means any man can make if he compliments the Team.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 09:49:41 AM »
easy breads no need to take it so personal. that is Y I had a grin, laugh   ;D  at the end of de post.

respect
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Marvin Oliver joins Caledonia's midfield as Denzil explores options abroad.
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 01:51:06 PM »
Crab Connection's Marvin Oliver back in top flight.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague.com).
[/size]

Veteran midfielder Marvin Oliver formally of Super League Club Crab Connection has joined the ranks of Pro League Club Neal and Massy Caledonia AIA on a two year contract.
Oliver who played for Pro League Club North East Stars in the earlier half of the 2006 season before returning to Crab Connection back in 2004 is now back in top flight with the Morvant based team.
The 31 year old midfielder is happy to be associated with Coach Jamal Shabazz and the Club he started off with as a youth player with.
Oliver told ‘ttproleague.com’, “I am very happy to be associated with Coach Jamal Shabazz again. He has always looked after me as a player when I was at the Club as a youth player back in the late 80’s and early 90’s. I believe teaming up with coach Shabazz now can be productive on the field and off the field for me as a player.”
The midfielder is now set on winning titles and securing his position with Caledonia AIA in the 2007 season saying, “I’m looking to win some trophies with the Club this season, also consistency as a player with Club at the highest level and putting out the same winning attitude I had at Crab Connection.”
The dreadlocked player admits he will always be part of Crab Connection but sees his move as graduating from one level to another.
“I don’t see my move as leaving Crab Connection. We are from the same Morvant/San Juan community and Caledonia is similar to Crab Connection because of their community background and they have the same goals, just that one is Pro League and the other in the Super League. I don’t feel bad leaving Crab Connection because I would always be a part of them and I know I will have the same community support when I play for Caledonia. It’s just that I am graduating from one level to another,” ended the midfielder.
According to the Technical Director of the Pro League Club Jamal Shabazz his World Cup player Densill Theobald has hinted on exploring other options outside of Trinidad for the 2007 season hence his reason for signing the Oliver.
Shabazz told ‘ttproleague.com’, “We needed a player who can carry the team just as Densill Theobald did in the past.”
“Were not to sure if Densill will be in the country for much longer and we see Marvin as the player who can set the field alight. Densill has hinted to us that he would be looking at some options outside of Trinidad and Tobago in the short term and that’s where it stands right now. He is keeping things very close to his chest,” said the Guyanese national coach.
“I believe Oliver is one of the best midfielders in the country and he represents what Caledonia represents which is talent and promise.”
“Being at Caledonia it would help his game physically and tactically, and once he improves in these two areas, he is going to play a part in Trinidad and Tobago’s World Cup 2010 campaign,” said Shabazz.
The Caledonia Technical Director is also holding the hopes of having both players in the team for the 2007 season saying, “Once Densill is here we would always love to have him and it would be a dream to have both Theobald and Oliver in the Caledonia midfield,” ended Shabazz.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 04:36:57 PM by Flex »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Marvin Oliver joins Caledonia's midfield as Denzil explores options abroad
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 02:12:53 PM »
This is good news for me to see another one of my students of the game progressing,Marvin is a product of my Coaching school when i was back home,he was about 9/10 yrs old,dominated the colleges with SanJuan Snr a couple years after i left T&T,he is a player i always followed because i often used him as an example(Football that is) for players in the San Juan,Bourg Mulatresse,Santa Cruz areas,i used him to instigate the San Juan players to win the Islandwide Intercol this year when i was home,Marvin could have done even better than he did in the game,he just lacks the support that goes with it(agent/manager).     

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 02:57:50 PM »
Wish the best of luck to theo
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Like Coops I have seen Marvin play in the Aranjuez Savannah and every where else. Good to know that he still around. As for Denzil all the best boss.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 09:47:27 PM »
This is good news for me to see another one of my students of the game progressing,Marvin is a product of my Coaching school when i was back home,he was about 9/10 yrs old,dominated the colleges with SanJuan Snr a couple years after i left T&T,he is a player i always followed because i often used him as an example(Football that is) for players in the San Juan,Bourg Mulatresse,Santa Cruz areas,i used him to instigate the San Juan players to win the Islandwide Intercol this year when i was home,Marvin could have done even better than he did in the game,he just lacks the support that goes with it(agent/manager).     

Coops you know this youth have absolutely no discipline.  The guy can play, no doubt about that.  Discipline has always been and probably will always be a problem.  He is influenced by the wrong people and I am surprised that he is back at this level.  Don't say that he lacks support from an Agent/Manager, that is totally incorrect.  When Marvin chooses to grow up and be a man, he can be as productive as he wants to be.

Until then, he'll be another very good player that went to the wayside.  No sympathy from me.  The guy needs to grow up and do something positive with his life.

Arimian to meh heart

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 11:31:10 AM »

Coops you know this youth have absolutely no discipline.  The guy can play, no doubt about that.  Discipline has always been and probably will always be a problem.  He is influenced by the wrong people and I am surprised that he is back at this level.  Don't say that he lacks support from an Agent/Manager, that is totally incorrect.  When Marvin chooses to grow up and be a man, he can be as productive as he wants to be.

Until then, he'll be another very good player that went to the wayside.  No sympathy from me.  The guy needs to grow up and do something positive with his life.

I did not want to go there because i don't like saying in dept things about people,Marvin is like my son and if you know where he come from,his family upbringings,his struggles with school (education) i can go on and on about this guy,sometimes we look at people and think why they could not be a certain way always remember there are a number of reasons for it,you ever heard Marvin Oliver speak?he is (tied-tongue) i'm not saying that's an excuse but all these things affects,i used to personally pick up Marvin and Hector Sam and take them to my Camps/Practice their parents did not care,at times even something to eat,so when i talk about agent/manager i really meant someone who could have guided him in life.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Marvin Oliver joins Caledonia's midfield as Denzil explores options abroad.
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 11:38:05 AM »
The man 31 years old. I wish him luck in the PFL but I hope it have a young player who can deny him a spot on the national team. If he is good enough to make the national team and reallly brings something extra to the table, more props to him.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

TrinInfinite

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 12:02:20 PM »
marvin oliver always had talent, but when de WC comes around wouldnt he be 33 or 34? ??? I think fellahs like stephan david and clyde leon should be mids that are looked at instead for WC 2010.. JMHO but if Oliver playing some bess ball, why not include him on the team if he is shining...

God is de BOSS...

Offline heete

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 01:16:31 PM »
Marvin is a very talented player. Can head, control very good and score free kicks, will light up d pro league

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 05:01:51 PM »
never know he wa still playin at that level
All American

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 05:54:43 PM »
Marvin Oliver is a baller and anytime he decide to buckle down and be about de game at a high level fellas go be surprised because kid aint no joke when he is on but we could say de same for Jemmot, de other hardest (dread locks), Dawrika or Oliver.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 06:54:49 PM »
Marvin Oliver is a baller and anytime he decide to buckle down and be about de game at a high level fellas go be surprised because kid aint no joke when he is on but we could say de same for Jemmot, de other hardest (dread locks), Dawrika or Oliver.
De man is 31. How much more time it have fuh him tuh buckle down?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 07:24:47 PM »
De man is 31. How much more time it have fuh him tuh buckle down?

Well boy ah guess it was one ah dem hypatheticals.. coulda would shoulda. At de end of de day ah feel ah was validating de talent but hoping for de discipline - where football is concerned. The discipline of being a professional footballer.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 07:51:08 PM »
I havent seem marvin play since schools football..back then he was a very good player but it appears as though he fell through the cracks because of personal issues.  Just another example of unfulfilled talent.

Offline fscsports

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Marvin Oliver Thread
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 09:23:24 AM »
Why has Marvin Oliver not been called up for training?

I have notice that 19 players have been invited to prepare for a friendly next month, but Marvin Oliver was not invited, now as a coach and strong supporter of our national team I would like to know how these coaches go about selecting these players, now this player ( Marvin Oliver ) if not the best, is one of the best players now playing in the league and I am not saying this just because I am a fan of him, his performance so far in the league, proof that he should have been on the gold cup team, at present he has won more man of the match than any other player since the league started, he also won player of the month and he's has been selected on the all-star team of the month back to back so far for the season. Marvin inspiration, desire and contribution for his club has seen their team no lower than second since the 2007 season started, yet Marvin was not invited to prepare for the gold cup tournament and now this friendly international. They the coaches say they looking for the best local players, if my stats on Mr. Oliver is correct, then he is one of the best local player in the league at present, so coaches, please tell me out of these 19 players selected, Marvin Oliver achievement and contribution in the league is still not good enough to even be considered for selection on our national team.    concern citizen.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:01:36 AM by Flex »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: national team selection
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 09:25:29 AM »
I think olivers age is against him he is  about 31/32

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2007, 09:38:15 AM »
Ah wonder if the PFL teams does drug test?  Because if they do, he eh passing it.  Maybe that has something to do with his non-selection.  :devil:
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2007, 09:47:20 AM »
Ah wonder if the PFL teams does drug test?  Because if they do, he eh passing it.  Maybe that has something to do with his non-selection.  :devil:
Ah sure Latas ent go agree with that  :devil: :devil: :devil:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2007, 09:51:00 AM »

remember when 5/6 yrs ago when he expressed a desire to play for T&T, yuh wanted to know who dat  lil A-League player thought he was ? He moved back to T&T to follow his dream, and has developed and demonstarted his craft yearly and now at the top of his game as well as the pro-league, yuh saying is ah age issue ?   ::)
Ah not surprise at all
ah nex man indicating he using, what?  performance enhancing foreign substances  :(...oh well..

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2007, 10:29:28 AM »

remember when 5/6 yrs ago when he expressed a desire to play for T&T, yuh wanted to know who dat  lil A-League player thought he was ? He moved back to T&T to follow his dream, and has developed and demonstarted his craft yearly and now at the top of his game as well as the pro-league, yuh saying is ah age issue ?   ::)
Ah not surprise at all
ah nex man indicating he using, what?  performance enhancing foreign substances  :(...oh well..

Coach Rijsbergen was asked why Oliver wasn't being selected for the National team and his response was that as T&T were building towards 2010, any additions to his established team would be younger players.  If per chance an older player who was playing football at a high enough level were to come into the picture, he may consider them as well.

It might seem kinda harsh to some but that's the reality.  At 31, a player tends to be on the downswing of his professional playing career UNLESS he is playing at a level where he is playing top class football week in and week out.  Even then, 31 is still "old" in international football terms.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2007, 10:29:54 AM »
Guys forgive me if you all find i'm sounding a bit harsh but Marvin Oliver is like a son to me,it's not the first time but every time his name comes up about being overlooked the same things are being said about him,can it be said may be he has changed his act a bit,for someone to be consistently playing the way he is there must be something right he is doing,not everybody know his background,where he is from,the life he lived,i personally that guy a lot of credit for what he have done and where he is today,it could have been worst,i check Marvin every time i'm home just to see how he is doing,i'm not saying he should make any national but if he is playing well he should be considered.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why has Marvin Oliver not been called up for training?
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2007, 11:32:05 AM »
He could at least use him in d warm ups he eh have nutten to loose. D young players dey keep talkin bout I probably need to visit d optician because I eh seein them
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2007, 11:43:32 AM »

remember when 5/6 yrs ago when he expressed a desire to play for T&T, yuh wanted to know who dat  lil A-League player thought he was ? He moved back to T&T to follow his dream, and has developed and demonstarted his craft yearly and now at the top of his game as well as the pro-league, yuh saying is ah age issue ?   ::)
Ah not surprise at all
ah nex man indicating he using, what?  performance enhancing foreign substances  :(...oh well..

Coach Rijsbergen was asked why Oliver wasn't being selected for the National team and his response was that as T&T were building towards 2010, any additions to his established team would be younger players.  If per chance an older player who was playing football at a high enough level were to come into the picture, he may consider them as well.

It might seem kinda harsh to some but that's the reality.  At 31, a player tends to be on the downswing of his professional playing career UNLESS he is playing at a level where he is playing top class football week in and week out.  Even then, 31 is still "old" in international football terms.

while i agree with the notion of preparing for 2010, i kinda feel it should be revised to preparing for 2008/09 because thats when our world cup qualifiers happen... and given that, i see no issue in giving an established 31 year old player a chance if he's performing at a highly consistent level as the reports and accolades suggest...

i just dont see the point of dashing oliver by the wayside if we could squeeze a 2-3 years out of the player, and he will also be great for the early qualifiers against the smaller teams when it would be tougher to get the foreign based players available...

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2007, 11:52:50 AM »
because he playing for the most hated team in the league

plain and simple
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2007, 11:54:14 AM »
The little games I have seen him play in he has done very well, in fact topping the class in the PFL, for whatever that says. A digicel selection would have been good. Or even a run in the Gold cup. He was definitely playing at a better level for Cali than Jemmot for Rangers in most games. He does not quite have that vision for penetrating long passes that  Jemmot has but he can make quick accurate short passes even under heavy pressure. And he defends fairly well for an attacking player. He not embroiled in personal issues that like Jemmot.  For qualifying it is about results too so lets see if de coach will at least invite him to tryouts at some point to assess his abilities. As far as the age thing, it probably simplistic to bring up Milla, BUT our pool is small, Rijsbergen needs all the resources he can get. He obviously knows what he is doing far more than all of us here but I feel he go take a closer look at Oliver sooner rather than later.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>