March 28, 2024, 04:34:35 PM

Author Topic: Marvin Oliver Thread  (Read 49723 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Marvin Oliver says He wants to play for the national team
« Reply #180 on: April 05, 2008, 06:24:18 PM »
Well dey say God is a Trini, so I guess He should play for the national team
Post of the year!!!!
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 05, 2008, 08:27:41 PM »
i doubt oliver going to get anymore call ups...based on anotn comment a few weeks back

What Anton say about him,  I know Anton have great influence on Maturana that's why he have so much youth getting burn  fi the ssquad

well the coach comments
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=161296829

Coach came in, he said it is always good to have young players within your squad. And sometimes it's better to have players 18, 19, 20 with potential, than players 28, 29, 30, who have reached their limit. The ones with potential can possibly even go further."

So daiz it for Hardest den?... :-\

Age is only ah number! It have men like Latas and Yorke still playing ball. How old was Zidian when he gave up playing? Well if tha is how them thinking then yuh could geh real licks with yuh young team. Wait till they geh around 28-30 for experience...then start all over again. You've got to have a mixed team of players to reach the top. Who will the young players learn from?    In ah way it's a good idea...but it will take some years for our youths to be like the youths from Brazil or Italy per say. Shalom.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 08:29:17 PM by Wehitis »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 05, 2008, 10:34:01 PM »
Pro League have dat kinda money...to be giving 'way motor car?

Sponsorhip. They doh have to spend no money.
Yeah I didn't mean that they literally expended the money....but commenting on the value of the prize, still pretty impressive that they can afford such a prize (it's still theirs to give...albeit in the sponsor's name).
didnt fenwick lure earl jean with ah motor car de other day.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 05, 2008, 11:03:15 PM »
Well dey say God is a Trini, so I guess He should play for the national team
Post of the year!!!!

I agree Filho, big post. However just to add on.... Since God is full gendered (man and woman) de womens Team might benefit as well.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 06, 2008, 05:32:10 AM »
i doubt oliver going to get anymore call ups...based on anotn comment a few weeks back

What Anton say about him,  I know Anton have great influence on Maturana that's why he have so much youth getting burn  fi the ssquad

well the coach comments
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=161296829

Coach came in, he said it is always good to have young players within your squad. And sometimes it's better to have players 18, 19, 20 with potential, than players 28, 29, 30, who have reached their limit. The ones with potential can possibly even go further."

So daiz it for Hardest den?... :-\

Age is only ah number! It have men like Latas and Yorke still playing ball. How old was Zidian when he gave up playing? Well if tha is how them thinking then yuh could geh real licks with yuh young team. Wait till they geh around 28-30 for experience...then start all over again. You've got to have a mixed team of players to reach the top. Who will the young players learn from?    In ah way it's a good idea...but it will take some years for our youths to be like the youths from Brazil or Italy per say. Shalom.

Wehitis...ah was being mischeivous eh....this might have been a more appropriate emoticon.... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 06, 2008, 01:56:27 PM »
Anton wit dem younguns say 2014 he eh worrying bout 2010
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trinipepper

• New Warrior
  • addin fire to the flame ...izatrini
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 06, 2008, 04:34:18 PM »
bwoi any body can play for Trinidad and Tobago National team bwoi... once TTFA and ehm coaches like yah you on de team bwoi... iz 2010 we lookin to go you know.. i hope we preparing and not laggin behind waiting until last minute again.... anyway its changes, new opportunites and new creation for 2010.. so Oliver I see yah have plenty to offer get on de band wagon deya  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 06, 2008, 06:27:58 PM »
Let's say T&T selects Marvin Oliver

Let's also assume that his visa issue is a real one i.e.he is currently not allowed to enter US territory

Let's say that Marvin Oliver performs well for the National team and has shown to be an indispensable member of the team.

It's a fact T&T plays football in the CONCACAF region

By definition, we not onlyh play Caribbean Neighbours, but North and Central American's as well

It's  also a fact that the preferred method of travel for our senior men's national team is via air

Our senior men's national team, in the course of qualifying for and playing in major tournaments frequently has to play against these neighbours.

Because of Oliver's visa issue, he is unable to play in the United States.

Seeing that the United States is not just a competitior, but also a host of a major CONCACAF Tournament like the Gold Cup and is a point of transfer between T&T and many Central American countries, as well as destinations to Europe etc, Oliver by definition will be inelgible to be selected for those games due to his visa issue.

Therefore, why should ANY Senior Men's National Team coach select Marvin Oliver?  What's the point if he's inelgible to play against your strongest opponents in away matches?

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 06, 2008, 06:39:24 PM »
why can't the Visa issue be fixed or corrected, on behal of our National Interest, was he ah threat to their National security ? does he belong to a suspect or criminal organization that is of threat to the US ? Is he in USA top million most wanted ? Has he committed serious crimes against the states ? If all that, why we rewarding him in T&T then ? It have serious career crimo, travellin back an forth, all the time,  cause is dey business, and he have visa issues ? Was he deported ? wha is the real story here ?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 06, 2008, 07:23:18 PM »
why can't the Visa issue be fixed or corrected, on behal of our National Interest, was he ah threat to their National security ? does he belong to a suspect or criminal organization that is of threat to the US ? Is he in USA top million most wanted ? Has he committed serious crimes against the states ? If all that, why we rewarding him in T&T then ? It have serious career crimo, travellin back an forth, all the time,  cause is dey business, and he have visa issues ? Was he deported ? wha is the real story here ?

I think is ah simple matter of de man overstaying he visa and getting de bum-rush from de INS/ICE people.  Don't think it's anything criminal...but what I know.

As for getting he visa issues "corrected, on behalf of our National Interest"...corrected by whom?  How we go convince the US State Department to grant a waiver to some skinny rasta fella from Trinidad...all in de name ah kicking ah ball?  Yuh really think Chuck Blazer and dem have dat kinda pull down on 22nd & C Sts. NW?

Anything is possible, however I just don't see the interest or impetus taking root.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 06, 2008, 07:27:36 PM »

Apparently de fella overstay he welcome in de people dem United States....and overstay is a vast understatement.

At de end of de day, we could have all de National interest we want.  We have no influence or jurisdiction over another country's laws.  If the USA deem it fit to declare persona non grata status on Oliver, it eh nutting we could do to change dat.

Somebody use Jamal Shabazz as an example.  He was women's national team coach and current coach of Guyana.

Well when he was de women's team coach, de team ended up havin to play a tournament without dey head coach precisely because a de visa issue.  And Guyana will soon face the same situation IF they ever make it past their first round qualifying tie.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 06, 2008, 07:34:07 PM »

Apparently de fella overstay he welcome in de people dem United States....and overstay is a vast understatement.

At de end of de day, we could have all de National interest we want.  We have no influence or jurisdiction over another country's laws.  If the USA deem it fit to declare persona non grata status on Oliver, it eh nutting we could do to change dat.

Somebody use Jamal Shabazz as an example.  He was women's national team coach and current coach of Guyana.

Well when he was de women's team coach, de team ended up havin to play a tournament without dey head coach precisely because a de visa issue.  And Guyana will soon face the same situation IF they ever make it past their first round qualifying tie.

Let's say T&T selects Marvin Oliver

Let's also assume that his visa issue is a real one i.e.he is currently not allowed to enter US territory

Let's say that Marvin Oliver performs well for the National team and has shown to be an indispensable member of the team.

It's a fact T&T plays football in the CONCACAF region

By definition, we not onlyh play Caribbean Neighbours, but North and Central American's as well

It's also a fact that the preferred method of travel for our senior men's national team is via air

Our senior men's national team, in the course of qualifying for and playing in major tournaments frequently has to play against these neighbours.

Because of Oliver's visa issue, he is unable to play in the United States.

Seeing that the United States is not just a competitior, but also a host of a major CONCACAF Tournament like the Gold Cup and is a point of transfer between T&T and many Central American countries, as well as destinations to Europe etc, Oliver by definition will be inelgible to be selected for those games due to his visa issue.

Therefore, why should ANY Senior Men's National Team coach select Marvin Oliver? What's the point if he's inelgible to play against your strongest opponents in away matches?

As per my point. The TTFF keep Shabazz as women's coach and then he cannot be there because of visa issues, then let Oliver play until he cannot travel to the USA.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 06, 2008, 07:45:01 PM »
As per my point. The TTFF keep Shabazz as women's coach and then he cannot be there because of visa issues, then let Oliver play until he cannot travel to the USA.

If I was a National team coach and Oliver was = Ronaldinho or Messi or one a dem, I would CONSIDER that.

But daz jes me.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 06, 2008, 07:52:03 PM »
So what about our internationals against teams like Bermuda, Cayman, St. Vincent and de smaller fixtures when we might not get back all our best overseas pros..

Don't we want to field a team with the best local talent we have available?

Pro league player of the year is a pretty clear indication that he is one of the best things on the island right now regardless of age or visa situation.

Oliver would be in my side for the Bermuda game and other smaller fixtures with the expressed understanding that he would not be an option for the bigger home and away fixtures because of the visa situation..  just my position..

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 06, 2008, 08:06:13 PM »
So what about our internationals against teams like Bermuda, Cayman, St. Vincent and de smaller fixtures when we might not get back all our best overseas pros..

Pro league player of the year is a pretty clear indication that he is one of the best things on the island right now regardless of age or visa situation.

Oliver would be in my side for the Bermuda game and other smaller fixtures with the expressed understanding that he would not be an option for the bigger home and away fixtures because of the visa situation..  just my position..

I feel so too eh..yet it neer ceases to amaze me, how so much other athletes does jump ship and swim into the US, even protected in some cases, and not all get send back, even if found, an dis man who simply overstay his time at one time, benefit more from leaving an he gettin jam so..llike he on a most deadly overstay list...Laws , yes...not my strongpoint..f he get picked regardless, I will help lobby the cause doh

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 06, 2008, 08:33:55 PM »

I feel so too eh..yet it neer ceases to amaze me, how so much other athletes does jump ship and swim into the US, even protected in some cases, and not all get send back, even if found, an dis man who simply overstay his time at one time, benefit more from leaving an he gettin jam so..llike he on a most deadly overstay list...Laws , yes...not my strongpoint..f he get picked regardless, I will help lobby the cause doh

Ah expeck to read bout yuh placard protests on de streets of la belle province in La Presse shortly.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 05:46:54 PM by palos »

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 07, 2008, 01:45:41 PM »

Ah asking meh self de same question yes padnah. After all, it eh too bad playing at home, ah man cud eat, drink and still live ah decent life. Of course the English pounds or US dollar is de real deal, but if yuh doh get tuh play foreign, yuh cud still flex. Well especially if yuh making de amount ah money men like Dawrika was or still making.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 07, 2008, 02:34:05 PM »
i agree with having Marvin play against the Caribbean opponents but you have to consider the chemistry of the team. why play him in some games and keep him out of most. It will definitely affect the team chemistry. Either fix the problem and have him play all or none at all.  :beermug: :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 09, 2008, 10:27:30 PM »

Well I bounce up Shabazz yesterday in Miami airport yesterday and I was most surprised. Ah went and talk tuh him and he say it was de first time he was being allowed to pass thru de USA since he did get jack up a few years ago. However, he was flanked by plain clothes and uniformed security personnel. So ah guess his travel dilemmas may be close to an end.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 09, 2008, 11:53:42 PM »

Sponsorhip. They doh have to spend no money.
Yeah I didn't mean that they literally expended the money....but commenting on the value of the prize, still pretty impressive that they can afford such a prize (it's still theirs to give...albeit in the sponsor's name).
didnt fenwick lure earl jean with ah motor car de other day.

i can picture the man driving down eastern main road with the trophy in he hand

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Real Reason Marvin Oliver Cyar make a TT side
« Reply #200 on: April 18, 2008, 03:42:23 PM »
This is a question I would like someone to research.  Touches indicated that Marvin cyar get a visa which I agree with.  However, does FIFA not get involved.  So all the USA hah to do is deny we players a VISA and we have a jokey squad?

What is the criteria?  Must a nation grant entry to their country for any player regardless of the situation for a FIFA santioned event?

Just stumbled upon this thread and it reminded me of something that happened on the other side of the world:

Fuming Fiji to play World Cup qualifier under protest
BRISBANE, Australia, Oct 11 (Reuters) - Fiji's soccer federation plans to take the New Zealand government to court for refusing to grant its national team goalkeeper a visa to play in a World Cup qualifier, saying it will ask for the match result to be nullified.

The New Zealand government had rushed through visas for the team so they could play the All Whites at North Harbour Stadium on Saturday in a World Cup qualifying match.

However, it denied an entry visa to first choice goalkeeper Simione Tamanisau because his father-in-law is a military policeman.

Under sanctions imposed by New Zealand after last December's coup in Fiji, people with ties to the military cannot enter the country.

Fiji's soccer chief Sahu Khan said he planned to take the situation to the International Court of Arbitration for Sport.

The game was later postponed by FIFA to an as yet undetermined date. There still exists a possibility that New Zealand be forced to play the game on neutral territory if the New Zealand government does not relent on its decision.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline PIMP

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Any word on Marvin Oliver???
« Reply #201 on: September 09, 2008, 06:26:34 PM »
what's the latest with this guy....
the last i heard was that he was the PFL player of the year then nothing...
any info???

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Any word on Marvin Oliver???
« Reply #202 on: September 09, 2008, 06:32:27 PM »
He was injured at the beginning of the Proleague season and then spend the first half of it benching with Jab. Last couple of games or so he seem to be showing some class but he not on the radar right now. He definitely wouldn't have been called up for the US game, thats for sure

Offline PIMP

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 09, 2008, 06:41:06 PM »
thanks....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #204 on: September 09, 2008, 06:42:58 PM »
He scored last week for Jab.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 09, 2008, 07:22:24 PM »
he is ah cali sellout
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 09, 2008, 09:30:01 PM »
D man born and bred San Juan so while me eh a fan on Fenick he just want 2 b associated wit he home team. Dat needed more in we football among players and more so fans
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Marvin Oliver Interview
« Reply #207 on: April 26, 2010, 01:08:43 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KIjqt105MqA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KIjqt105MqA</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
Re: Marvin Oliver Interview
« Reply #208 on: April 26, 2010, 01:41:13 PM »
Good interview..under all things considered.

to old to get cap in the Chile game ?

Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Marvin Oliver Interview
« Reply #209 on: April 26, 2010, 02:44:29 PM »
Very interesting take by Marvin.  Not saying I agree though.
Arimian to meh heart

1]; } ?>