April 28, 2024, 07:05:06 AM

Author Topic: would u sell dem out  (Read 2933 times)

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
would u sell dem out
« on: July 24, 2006, 03:17:35 PM »
lets say u were put in a situation where some prominent regge singers of trinidad and tobago u caught burinig hard weed in fronmt of ur eye

u think about their vibes and trying to be positive singn bout crime and violence and they doing the same ting in front of u

u get u digi cam and take some silent phoos

do u paparazi the pics to the nearest media house and rake in the moolar

do u ask dem to stop when u around cuz u find it hipocritical

do u jus show yuh padnas d pics and bill jones while in bago for great fete??

i confused
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: would u sell dem out
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 03:40:57 PM »
i say if man wanna smoke he weed let he smoke he weed... infact I find Alcohol is much more of a violent influence than weed.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 04:31:48 PM »
Why yuh single out reggae singers and de herb? Is it just an example? Ah only asking because it seems as doh de question could be generalized as "Would you sell out a prominent celebrity/personality if you caught them in a compromising position?"

do u ask dem to stop when u around cuz u find it hipocritical
This would be someting to discuss wit de individual because in your specific example if de individual is ah Rastaman (notice, I eh say ah man wit locks), he would not see anyting hypocritical in his actions. Also, it would be hypocritical of you if yuh only ask dat individual tuh stop bunnin de herb around you, but allow others (regardless of social status) tuh do de same.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 07:54:42 PM »
I doh understand de question.  ???.what ah man bunnin ah peng have to do crime and violence?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 09:07:53 PM »
SEND MEH DE PICS WITH DE WATER COLORS PICS ALSO PLEASE

and if iz de reggae singers from nextdoor by me send dem quick
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 08:59:35 AM »
I doh understand de question.  ???.what ah man bunnin ah peng have to do crime and violence?

Boy Dutty..........I trying overstand that myself. That is one a things with the Trinidadian mentaity, this stigma against the herbalist. They like to flicking generalise too damn much. Like if u pull a lil peng u is a piper  ???

If u doh like the smoking in front u , all yuh could do is ask them to low it down. Cause herb smoking and crime don`t always go hand in hand. In Trini it have real closet burners cause they go get real pound by peopel with mis information.
Butthey have different sides to every story , this is from the herbie side.......shit now I get the munchies after all this herb talk  ;D

Bun it all day bun it nite , its all good its alrite........pass the kiki cause the chalwah fi lite !!

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 09:13:27 AM »
right now in trini probably unbeknowst to u we have  acrime situation

and the citizens have launched a projet called fix me first which targets all the samller aspects of crime such as littering smoking weed driving on the pbr etc

now the reason i said regea singers and not prominent celebrities is dat not all celebrities epouse lyrics or invigle positivity

these reggea men attempt to stamp out with their songs ...........racisim............violence........crime.......poverty........ jus to name a few

all im saying u say dont do illegal things yet u doh it too wat kinda example is dat

d reasoin so much things occuring in tnt unabated is because so much people does say wa wrong wit a lil weed at least me aint killin nobody

nuttin wrong wit weed nuttin wrong with breakin a traffic light 3 in d mrnin

but if a police ketch yuh wit weed u have a case  and if u break d light u have a ticket thus they arnet as equal as we may think
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 04:32:47 PM »
You shoulda asked them for a pull of the spliff, and if they refused then threaten to sell them out.....because stinginess and weed don't go well together..

puff puff give....

These are my principles and if you don't like them.........I have others  ;D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 04:35:21 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 05:13:36 PM »
The only reason weed illegal in trini ,is cause of the states.And one man"s war to distroy a plant,he stopped at nothing to lie and bring it down,in 1979 President Carter was going to legalise it ,cause parents where complainig call there kids were going to jail,but other things happened which prevented him.Look at the movie Grass a documentary by Woody Harrelson.
Not shaw the history in trini ,but ah sure it long and loved by musicians in 50"s 60"s
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 10:03:07 PM by Compre »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 06:01:42 PM »
uhmmmmmmm kakaholes

de reason it illegal iz because it impares you (i might have spelled it wrong)
 but as ah was saying.

would you like your pilot to announce that he ah little high b4 de flight

come on fellers double standards here

i does do more wrong than anybody else but i wont say iz right

daiz just me.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 07:27:34 PM »
Ok so impails you fine ,keep it illegal ,no problem.But 5-10 years in prison for possesion,them is kakahole
that is insane ,archaic.In oklahoma you get 100 years for a joint,so at least we better than them  ::)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 07:32:06 PM »

What about alcohol, prescription drugs etc.? Dat cyar be de reason.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 07:35:02 PM »
uhmmmmmmm kakaholes

but as ah was saying.

daiz just me.
OHHH is BWIA pilot shotta talkin bout?? I tort was reggae singers

well in dat case yes...if is BWIA pilot sell out dey backside
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 09:26:37 PM »
uhmmmmmmm kakaholes

but as ah was saying.

daiz just me.

Same thing for alcohol , it impairs you too, but it is LEGAL. so das a double standard there too. Thas not to say I wha a Pilot who done on cloud nine or just had a couple beermug:.  in the lounge. But when it close to your house is a different scene when u not even bunnin it, cause Trini police draping up man , woman and child for a 10 piece.....So I hear u Shotta.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 09:33:51 PM by RasIred »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 10:32:08 PM »
Marijuana is illegal because it can't be fully regulated and taxed by the government......

Legalizing marijuana would basically create a tax-free(loophole) livelihood for people who are willing to grow privately.....and the gov't doesn't want that.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 01:20:01 AM »
Marijuana is illegal because it can't be fully regulated and taxed by the government......

Legalizing marijuana would basically create a tax-free(loophole) livelihood for people who are willing to grow privately.....and the gov't doesn't want that.

point. set. match.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 02:12:09 AM »

point. set. match.

Ah doh agree.
If dey leagalise de weed ah could see big company like CLICO an Massey getting involve in mass production an heavy marketing .
De small man ent going to be able to compete wid dat an go end up like dem babash makers.

Imagine CLICO putting out ah ad campaign fuh its newest line of weed called " Head"

Two men in a bar drinking 1919 , ah chick walk een an ask one fuh ah light fuh she weed an wen dey give she ah light she offer dem one each....... ah lil later she fren walkin and ask her wha's up and she reply

" Jus giving head to man "

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 06:20:15 AM »

point. set. match.

Ah doh agree.
If dey leagalise de weed ah could see big company like CLICO an Massey getting involve in mass production an heavy marketing .
De small man ent going to be able to compete wid dat an go end up like dem babash makers.

Imagine CLICO putting out ah ad campaign fuh its newest line of weed called " Head"

Two men in a bar drinking 1919 , ah chick walk een an ask one fuh ah light fuh she weed an wen dey give she ah light she offer dem one each....... ah lil later she fren walkin and ask her wha's up and she reply

Would you buy over-priced weed from Clico when you could grow it in your own backyard ?......No big company will spend millions on farms, marketing campaigns, factories & warehouses for a common herb that can be grown & harvested with barely any effort by the average man on the street. Weed would always be an alternative, small market product with a huge un-taxed black market........

The ease & regularity of use of marijuana would increase if it became legal, but the market size for it would not increase sufficiently for it to become a mainstream major commodity....think about it. The majority of people who don't smoke weed, don't smoke it because of it's social positioning or because they don't like it..not because it's illegal.

There's also a social stigma of "third-word ism" and "left-ism" that goes along with smoking marijuana that will always be suppressed in modern day society.....and hence the negative attitudes towards it....

The fact that it alters your state of mind is the icing on the cake......it would be very difficult on an educational level (at least initially), to prevent abuse of the herb should it become a legalized commodity.

Nice ad campaign though... ;D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 06:26:17 AM by kicker »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 06:25:48 AM »

point. set. match.

Ah doh agree.

Would you buy over-priced weed from Clico when you could grow it in your own backyard ?......No big company will spend millions on farms, marketing campaigns, factories & warehouses for a common herb that can be grown & harvested with barely any effort by the average man on the street. Weed would always be small market product with a huge un-taxed black market........

The ease & regularity of use of marijuana would increase if it became legal, but the market size for it would not increase sufficiently for it to become a major commodity....think about it. The majority of people who don't smoke weed, don't smoke it because they don't like it..not because it's illegal.

There's also a social stigma of "third-word ism" and "left-ism" that goes along with smoking marijuana that will always be suppressed in modern day society.....and hence the negative attitudes towards it....

The fact that it alters your state of mind is the icing on the cake......it would be very difficult on an educational level (at least initially), to prevent abuse of the herb should it become a legalized commodity.

Nice ad campaign though... ;D

Of course yuh right. But if it ever gets legalised the big guns will take ah shy at making money from it an also lobby the goverment to make the small man cacada illegal.

The ad campaigns have a lot of promise fuh viral though. ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 07:25:18 AM »

Of course yuh right. But if it ever gets legalised the big guns will take ah shy at making money from it an also lobby the goverment to make the small man cacada illegal.

The ad campaigns have a lot of promise fuh viral though. ;D ;D

yeah very good point......all of a sudden there would be bogus production & quality control standards required to become an "authorized" dealer with the gov't stamp of approval....

but I still think that all that would serve to do is make the production process more costly (facilities & legal), such would translate into price mark-ups...and an ultimately over-priced product that probably doesn't have a market size that can justify the economies of scale to begin with........

The black market will step in and price out the big boys, the product will be a legal product, that is produced "illegally" by the underground, giving more incentive to the small mafias who will ultimately run tings & blood money will prevail.........(as they say, the more things change, the more they stay the same)

In sum I think it just comes back around to the fact that, amongst other things, Gov't can't fully regulate and tax production & sale of marijuana so they will not legalize it.

keep them ad campaign concepts in mind though..yuh might be on to something  :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 07:28:26 AM by kicker »

1]; } ?>