April 25, 2024, 04:03:02 AM

Author Topic: BEENHAKKER BIDS FAREWELL  (Read 6298 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
BEENHAKKER BIDS FAREWELL
« on: July 24, 2006, 06:23:43 PM »
Beenhakker bids farewell.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Now Former National coach Leo Beenhakker bid farewell to this country at a press conference at the Crowne Plaza on Monday and will depart these shores tomorrow (Tuesday) to take up his new post in Poland.
Beenhakker, the man responsible for guiding the “Soca Warriors to a most respectable showing at the 2006 World Cup final in Germany, shared his feelings on the eve of his departure, saying that he was closing an important chapter in his coaching career.
“In a personal way I am finishing a very important period in my life. I think not only did I have a great time because I love my job but this was a very special job. Normally coaches are very focused on their own success and the team but this was a very special history because for the first time I felt very happy and satisfied that I could support a beautiful country like Trinidad and Tobago and making happy all the people to participate in the World Cup,” Beenhakker said.
“One side in a personal way I am closing an important part but on another side, after qualification it will be a new, healthy and successful start for football in T&T.
“It was a difficult decision for me to day goodbye to this job, especially because it was much more than a job to me,” Beenhakker continued. “Thanks to all of you -   thanks to the support I got from everybody. On the other hand it made the decision a little bit easier at the moment that I knew Wim Rijsbrgen was my successor and in that way I am sure the football of T&T for the next few years is in very good hands.”
He went on to say that he felt confident that football will continue to grow locally following meetings yesterday with Jack Warner, Rijsbergen and Prime Minister Patrick Manning.
“In that way  I am very hopeful and I have very positive feelings about what we can do with this success we had during the World Cup. I think everyone understands very well the input of football. The main part is to use that. We wrote history with Trinidad and Tobago but that’s history and hopefully everybody can make a big effort to write the future on paper. When everyone is working together not only in football but in political way, commercial way and in a federation way I am sure that Trinidad and Tobago has a great future and will be able to present themselves whenever there will be a big event in football.”
The former Dutch National Team boss paid tribute to Warner for his efforts and commitment towards the success of the country’s national team.
“Also a special note of thanks for Mr Warner, not only because he have me the opportunity to come over here last May (because) I can assure you he’s not an easy guy to work with,” he added with a teasing laugh. “ But on the other hand, what I like (is) from the first contact I had with him, (he’s) a man who also has football in his heart, he loves the game, he loves the way of football, he understands from the beginning the exposure of football and its responsibility in relation to this society. What I am really thankful for is that from the first day he gave me and Wim and the rest of the staff all the possibility to do the job as we thought we had to do it and that’s not easy because  more than ever it’s his world, his country , his TTFF but in that way he showed us all the confidence. Also in some difficult moments like the Gold Cup last year when it was a  disaster. But always we had his support, he never tried to change things, he gave us all the freedom to do our job and hopefully in that way we paid him back.”
The “Don” said he regretted not being able to help Warner realize a second dream which was to get the better of England.
“We couldn’t realize the other dream of beating England. (But) Mr Warner will be many, many years in football, I still want to be many, many years in football and I am sure we will meet again and hopefully also as in the second part of beating England I can pay you in the future,” Beenhakker concluded to a standing send off ovation from the audience.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 07:11:27 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: BEENHAKKER BIDS FAREWELL
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 06:57:14 PM »
Beenhakker bids farewell.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

“Also a special note of thanks for Mr Warner, not only because he have me the opportunity to come over here last May (because) I can assure you he’s not an easy guy to work with,” he added with a teasing laugh. “ But on the other hand, what I like(is) from the first contact I had with him, (he’s) a man who also has football in his heart, he loves the game, he loves the way of football, he understands from the beginning the exposure of football and its responsibility in relation to this society. What I am really thankful for is that from the first day he gave me and Wim and the rest of the staff all the possibility to do the job as we thought we had to do it and that’s not easy because  more than ever it’s his world, his country , his TTFF but in that way he showed us all the confidence. Also in some difficult moments like the Gold Cup last year when it was a  disaster. But always we had his support, he never tried to change things, he gave us all the freedom to do our job and hopefully in that way we paid him back.”
The “Don” said he regretted not being able to help Warner realize a second dream which was to get the better of England.

Did Beenie mis-speak, or did he get it right ??? :devil:
Live large and prosper!

Offline Warrior30

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 07:33:41 PM »
Thanks Beenie for yuh hard wuk

Lets GO WIM!!!
For de love of de game

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 07:37:47 PM »
whayuhsay go really really miss him yuh know

he'll probablyl go to piarco to wave
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 07:53:45 PM »
whayuhsay go really really miss him yuh know

he'll probablyl go to piarco to wave

too bad is not the ole terminal where he couldah go to the waving gallery...wave and shed some tears.  oh gord oh gord Beenie doh go nah huh huh huh huh  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 07:57:40 PM by Tongue »

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 08:10:32 PM »
Doh let de door hit yuh in de arse on de way out....

Good riddance!  ;D

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 08:39:59 PM »
Thank you and good bye,your name will never be forgotten and will go down in the annals off our history.
And you should always be welcomed in our tiny country,for being the first to do what no man ,had before.Good luck in what ever you do,and maybe one day come back and takeover control of our fed,  :salute:

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 08:52:10 PM »
When Poland start getting dey arse cut.. you always welcome back to sit in the VIP section in the Stadium ;D ;D

Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 10:40:40 PM »
When Poland start getting dey arse cut.. you always welcome back to sit in the VIP section in the Stadium ;D ;D

Poland won't get dey arse cut...they just won't score any goals while their best players waste away on de bench  :devil:

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 08:08:07 AM »
Beenie Thank you thank you thank you, I felt so proud that we made it to the World Cup, you made many of us realise our lifelong dreams of seeing our players line up against the likes of Beckham, Nedved, Larsson, Ibrahimovic and hold their own. I would never forget how you made all the children whose scream and smile for their Warriors aspiring in their own minds to take the big stage.

WE THANK YOU!

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 08:40:22 AM »
Thank you Beenhakker. You are great man and a great coach. You took a team that was struggling and made them a force to be reckoned with. Thank you for taking and guiding us to our very first World Cup and thank you for making us put on a good show at our very first World Cup.

Good Luck to you in your future endeavours.

:'(  :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline JabJab

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 10:23:35 AM »
Thank you Don Leo. You gave us hope where for many there was none. June 2006 is a time never to be forgotten by any trini located anywhere on this planet. Thanks!!

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 10:56:32 AM »

...they just won't score any goals while their best players waste away on de bench  :devil:

Did our present best player or our greatest player ever sit on de bench?  Big distinction because if it is the latter I might agree.

Blessings.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 12:24:30 PM »
Simply put, Thank you Don Leo. You made what I thought impossible...possible.  We owe you much. All the best in your new post.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 10:23:53 PM »
Thanks a million thou forget the clowns who are upset with you. Always remember the man had van Basten, Guilit and Rikkard and they did not win a game in the 90 WC.

Yet people on this site want him to win with our team The man took us to the dance. As Denzil said his late mother said we will neva qualify for a WC.

The man made that statement that we all said a lie.

All the best I will see how Poland do under your astute leadership.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 11:36:04 PM »
Thank you coach.  You were a very large part in helping to realize an entire nation's dreams...not just that....but finally and completely laying to rest the ghosts of November 19, 1989.  For that, this poster is eternally grateful for your efforts in accomplishing what you did.

Best wishes in your future endeavours.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 08:06:50 AM »
“We couldn’t realize the other dream of beating England. (But) Mr Warner will be many, many years in football, I still want to be many, many years in football and I am sure we will meet again and hopefully also as in the second part of beating England I can pay you in the future,” Beenhakker concluded to a standing send off ovation from the audience.

In a morale sense we did not lose to England as they cheated!!  :angel:

If that first 'foul' goal was seen by the officials & rightly disallowed then the 2nd goal would not have come as we began pressing for an equalizer!!

Oh well, England we will meet you again in the future and it will be a different ball game!  ;) 8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 08:42:04 AM »
Beenhakker did the business and we got a good deal.

1]; } ?>