April 19, 2024, 07:17:12 AM

Author Topic: France vs Brazil  (Read 16318 times)

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: France vs Brazil
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2006, 03:15:26 PM »
fack those kiss man on cheeks hen holdin S.O.B. they r all bullahs! fayahh fuh france. vex ah vex. bunch ah bullermen.
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2006, 03:21:06 PM »
like i said pre-game, the only numbers that would matter in this game were 10 and 12...... ALLEZ LE BLEU!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 03:27:33 PM by College »

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2006, 03:24:04 PM »
fack those kiss man on cheeks hen holdin S.O.B. they r all bullahs! fayahh fuh france. vex ah vex. bunch ah bullermen.

Maddras#13...dis is a football forum man.  What is de usefulness of de above?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2006, 03:27:45 PM »

Maddras#13...dis is a football forum man.  What is de usefulness of de above?
a man kiss him on he cheek  ;D

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Thoughts on today and Zizou - A tribute to greatness
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2006, 03:29:51 PM »
First, it is a good day when both Brazil & England get knock out on the same day.  But first a tribute to greatness.  It is one of my pet peeves that the word greatness is one of the words that gets overused in sport.  We just witnessed the performance of a great player who showed himself to be the finest player on the pitch by miles.  If this WCup has done anything it has shown that there are levels of footballers as there are in all fields of human endeavour.  Zizou who is going to retire to his rocking chair should how relentlessly overhyped the Ronaldinhos, Kakas and Adrianos of the world are (as for how Adriano got that level of hype totally escapes me).  He was a class apart from everyone on the pitch.  Brazil today were beaten I would dare say outclassed today by a superior side.  They have had a less than impressive WC (by Brazil standards) and i always got the feeling that they could be beaten BY A TEAM THAT BELIEVED FROM THE START THAT THEY COULD BEAT THEM.  fRANCE DId it and as comfortably as you could do it by 1 goal.

As for England, they have been exposed yet again as a middling football nation with a vastly overrated squad of players. Lampard, Beckham and Gerrard to a lesser extent have been exposed.  I got really annoyed after the T&T-England game because we were being patronised.  However, little T&T held the might of England scoreless for 83 minutes and you expecting to win WC.  Poppycock.  They already whingeing that Rooney shouldnt have been sent off.  Rooney clearly stamped on the man, whatever the referee saw he deserved to be sent off.  They couldnt beat Portugal who were without their talisman, DECO.

Congratulations to France for handling an overhyped Brazil and my thanks to Zizou for providing a masterclass and taking the mantle of greatness from poseurs and imposters.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2006, 03:30:39 PM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=372988&cc=5901

Read Parreira's pre match comments.  He had a premonition.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2006, 03:33:10 PM »
I am a huge Brazili fan, but let's face it....Brazil were terrible almost all tournament and this game was no different. They knew how to get results, but their play never was going to stand up to a side of real quality. France dominated the game and you could see this coming from a mile away...France is getting stronger each match and are peaking at the right time. When Brazil played their inexperienced and younger hungry players against Japan, they were soo much better. And it is not because Japan was not that great, becasue if the regular starting line up had played against Japan they would have looked just as slow and rigid and stale. Too bad..Brazil played the wrong players and they played a terrible system. Parreira looked like a real stubborn dunce this WC and Brazil's big stars did not live up to their billing....

As for Zidane...wow. I am not that big a fan, but what a performance! He clearly had no intention of retiring today. Well done France...only Germany has a chance of stopping them IMO

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2006, 03:37:46 PM »
...only Germany has a chance of stopping them IMO

not the german team my friend, but some biased, thievin referee on behalf of te german side.  12 vs 11 from the start, and we still in with a chance!
Allez Les Bleus!!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2006, 03:37:54 PM »
I am a huge Brazili fan, but let's face it....Brazil were terrible almost all tournament and this game was no different. They knew how to get results, but their play never was going to stand up to a side of real quality. France dominated the game and you could see this coming from a mile away...France is getting stronger each match and are peaking at the right time. When Brazil played their inexperienced and younger hungry players against Japan, they were soo much better. And it is not because Japan was not that great, becasue if the regular starting line up had played against Japan they would have looked just as slow and rigid and stale. Too bad..Brazil played the wrong players and they played a terrible system. Parreira looked like a real stubborn dunce this WC and Brazil's big stars did not live up to their billing....

As for Zidane...wow. I am not that big a fan, but what a performance! He clearly had no intention of retiring today. Well done France...only Germany has a chance of stopping them IMO

U could say the same for France.  France had lots of younger players on their team but they went and STUCK with their veterans.....Zidane, Viera, Thuram, Henry etc even when they didn't look good early in the tournament.  France looked even worse than Brazil in the preliminary round and only got going in the game against Spain.

The difference was....France's veterans elevated their game when it mattered....Brazil's veterans for the most part didn't.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2006, 03:50:03 PM »
zidane was simply brilliant...

and peg...surely you doh tink rooney stamped him on purpose...he was fightin of 2 or 3 men...come on man...

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2006, 04:08:31 PM »
and peg...surely you doh tink rooney stamped him on purpose...he was fightin of 2 or 3 men...come on man...

And surely you are not being serious.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2006, 04:37:01 PM »

And surely you are not being serious.

yeah i am but i leffin it alone...bags packed and all...

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2006, 04:37:36 PM »
the better team today win. zidane was a master in the middle once again.

france vs. germany in the final?

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2006, 04:45:30 PM »
As a long time Brazil fan I'm sorry to them out but they've been crap all tournament and France were clearly better today although i wonder if a faster fitter foward (aka anyone other than Ronaldo) would have made a difference.

Now we have all euro semi-finals and we'll have to hear UEFA whine for the next four years about their perceived lack of world cup places.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2006, 05:16:16 PM »

U could say the same for France.  France had lots of younger players on their team but they went and STUCK with their veterans.....Zidane, Viera, Thuram, Henry etc even when they didn't look good early in the tournament.  France looked even worse than Brazil in the preliminary round and only got going in the game against Spain.

The difference was....France's veterans elevated their game when it mattered....Brazil's veterans for the most part didn't.

I think France's veterans (and the entire team) elevated their game since the Korea match...one that S. Korea were extremely fortunate to tie after having no answer for a dominant France for most of the game. People only focus on the scoreline, but it was the start of France realizing they had it in them. They also played well to sweep Togo aside...only the Swiss game was poor play...while the Korea game was a poor result. Once they beat Spain, I knew Brazil would be in trouble if they didn't ship up.

The things that killed Brazil the most were:
1) Having two veterans in wing back positions....positions that required speed, skill and stamina. Roberto Carlos and Cafu are now too old to play their positions with the athletic dynamism they had in the past. They were inferior to Cicinho and Gilberto but were always played anyway...for experience was the reason.
2) The key striker was static and out of shape. The other was out of form. I firmly beleive that despite his finishing prowess, Ronaldo helped to kill Brazil's attacking midfield play due to his lazy static play. Consider the movement of a Henry, Pauleta, Klose or any striker and you will see what I mean. Ronaldinho and Kaka were not in form...but they had nothing to pass to. Ronaldinho looks good if he has an Eto'o buzzing in front of him scaring defenders and making space for him to either run at defenders or make passes into the channels. When they look up Ronaldo gives them very little. Henry on the other hand ran until he could not run any more and had to be substituted...they difference was astounding
3) An unbalanced midfield. Every team Brazil played would slice the midfield with ease because it was basically 5 against Ze Roberto and Emerson. Today when France attacked, Gilberto Silva, Juninho and Ze Roberto never stood a chance against a 5 man midfield of Vieira, Makalele, Ribery, Malouda and Zidane. This gave Zidane tons of room to collect the ball and then school anybody who came in his way. Kaka and Ronaldinho (the latter actually played as a second striker in the 1st half) cannot defend...so it was basically 3 against 5 when France came forward..and they came forward with ease. The much maligned Brazilain defensew as ironically the best aprt of the team...unfortunately the always looked stretched because they constantly overworked.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2006, 05:40:00 PM »
Brazil line up alone showed they entered the game worried about France and paid the price. Brazil through and through for me but they deserve to go home.

Even Steve Wonder coud see Brazil were having problems defending set plays, in particular corners and free kicks wide. Once again the get done in.

But the day belong to Zidane, he led by example and his form looks to be back. he looks like someone that is enjoying his football.
Zizou say to heir apparent Ronaldinho "watch give me dat crown cause yuh eh ready yet  ;D Ah let yuh try it on, but nah." dam ! he look good today

Permission to mash up the place da da dan da da  ;D

Glad for henry! As I said in one of my post if Frnce won today they will win it all, I stand by that

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2006, 05:44:50 PM »
Being a big Brazil fan I have to say, they got what they were looking for. A beating! From match 1, they looked out of sorts. They deserved to go out, and I dont care what anyone says,

Ronaldhino, - Failure
Ronaldo,     - Failure
Adriano       - Why was he even picked.

Star men - Kaka and Robinhno and the grafters who had to pick up the slack when Brazil casually loosing ball.

Stupid moment - Roberto Carlos -Your suppose to track your man!!

Congrats to France. My only regret is that Argentina (the best side in the tournament so far) are going home.

I THOUGHT I WAS DE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED DAT...de man just stand up on de line and ent move, he  let Henry just move on goal unchallenged >:(
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 02:36:41 PM by Pointman »
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2006, 05:51:45 PM »
Brazil line up alone showed they entered the game worried about France and paid the price. Brazil through and through for me but they deserve to go home.

Even Steve Wonder coud see Brazil were having problems defending set plays, in particular corners and free kicks wide. Once again the get done in.

But the day belong to Zidane, he led by example and his form looks to be back. he looks like someone that is enjoying his football.
Zizou say to heir apparent Ronaldinho "watch give me dat crown cause yuh eh ready yet  ;D Ah let yuh try it on, but nah." dam ! he look good today

Permission to mash up the place da da dan da da  ;D

Glad for henry! As I said in one of my post if Frnce won today they will win it all, I stand by that

Pardnah yuh stealing meh quotes dem, ok ok  ;D

So right, Brazil had on the hand brakes first half and allowed France to find a rhythm and give them confidence. France took over the second half
Big players today did not show up in particular Kaka, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho.

Zidane was majestic and in current form could steal player of the tournament, though top goal scorer usually gets it. However, yuh right it eh look like the king want to hand over the crown yet, he looks like a man who wants to retire in style. I for one will miss him.

Yes I support Brazil but they never looked the part, Japan game gave us hope but it was false.
Enough tears will flow in South America and the dam european will crow.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2006, 05:59:43 PM »
Enough tears will flow in South America and the dam european will crow.

Yeah...well....at least England out.  As bad as Brazil and Argentina out....dat ease de pain considerably.  Besides....Zizou in majestic form so yuh cyah ever complain bein beaten by greatness.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2006, 07:06:17 PM »
well that was my World Cup final gone dey. From now on is Euro Cup 2006

there are so many things you could say what went wrong with Brazil but at the end of the day France knew how to handle them. Zidane, Henry, Makalele, Ribery...big players.

Whenever Ronaldo got the ball you could see he was trying but Ronaldinho and Kaka couldn't assist much as they were under lock down.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2006, 07:23:02 PM »
I tired of all alyuh brazil fans making excuses - truth be told this is the 1st real defence brazil face in the whole cup, and they attack flop.  frace is justy an ordinary, but balanced team, in attack and defence.  sad to say it, but even england woulda hold that attack off.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2006, 07:52:16 PM »
Wha really going on with Robinho?

Any body see how he hail out Zidane? You would swear he now meet an old pardner on Frederick street.

Dat is not all,  after de game Robinho teammates in shock, man crying an thing, he went an hug Zidane and lock he both arms round de man neck, ah sure Zidane wife must be mad at Robinho behaviour. Ah doh like tuh judge people, ah know dey probably are close teammates at Madrid, but ah man eh suppose tuh hug ah next man like dat. Ah hope is ah friendly hug,  :-\ .
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2006, 07:56:45 PM »
Everybody talks about how the Brazil team have the old wingbacks and that is true. I had noted that because of the need to cover for them old wingbacks the center of the brazil defence was being pulled out of shape and vulnerable and the team to exploit that was France.

Ghana show the blueprint, but had woeful finishing, France make them over compensate, because say what yuh want about whether Thierry does score in the big games, yuh cannot leave him alone, same way, yuh could call Ronaldo fat man all day, if yuh leave him alone yuh net buss.

Zidane and Henry was in sync on that far post play at least 3 times before they score and the times before the man in the middle would touch it and then Henry offsides (and the goats on espn saying the man playing stupid) but Zidane finally get the ball right, Roberto was daydreaming and Henry show why Men love to see him play, Graceful, Elegant, fast and could score from anywhere.

And well Zidane? A master at work. All them men who feel is only Brazil have foot-lyrics...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2006, 08:01:51 PM »
I tired of all alyuh brazil fans making excuses - truth be told this is the 1st real defence brazil face in the whole cup, and they attack flop.  frace is justy an ordinary, but balanced team, in attack and defence.  sad to say it, but even england woulda hold that attack off.

i eh see nobody making excuses for Brazil...just men critiquing a very mediocre world cup and poor game for the defending champs.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2006, 08:12:14 PM »
I'm a Brazil fan to meh heart, but Brazil deserved to lose. Parreira is to blame. He never played his best combination of players....R.Carlos, Cafu, Emerson & Adriano should have never played a major part in this cup....R.CARLOS, CAFU & EMERSON ARE NOT GOOD ANYMORE !!!!!....AND ADRIANO IS CLEARLY OUT OF FORM !!!!...thank God Emerson got injured or else he woulda started today and Brazil woulda probably lost by 3 clear goals.....and to add insult to injury, Brazil's so-called other big players never really stepped up. Only a blind man couldn't see this loss coming.

France may well go on to win the whole thing.

I agree. As much as it hurt me to see them go, they didn't deserve to win.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline The Commish

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2006, 09:09:15 PM »
So much for those Jogo Bonito ads. Damn overhyped lazy morons. Playing with fat loafing Ronaldo weighing the team down while players like Robinho get benched until the last 10 minutes?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline santacruz

• Full Warrior
  • This year is the Dutch year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2006, 10:59:14 PM »
from the first few touches of the game where zidane do it tuh about 3 brazilians yuh know it was going tuh be ah long night for brazil!zidane was showing off whole game!class is class!
Fatima old boy graduate in '95 from Form 5, '97 from Form 6, lived in Santa Cruz.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2006, 12:00:57 AM »

like de man vex cause he eh get ah peck too   ;D

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2006, 12:09:34 AM »
It have some men on dis forum with issues.  First de French man bulling because dey does kiss as half of Europe does including de macho Italians...mafia and all.  Now man suggesting Robinho have de hots for Zidanne.   So is better de Brazilians behave like de Argentinians after de game.  Robinho went and greet Zidane at half time too.  What if Zidane is he role model?  Fellas with de issues, stick to football please, it have plenty other alternative sites to promote narrow mindedness on de internet.  Man all excited to log and lime and talk football and dis kinda nasty talk coming up.  Is very discouraging and bordering on vulgarity.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2006, 12:28:56 AM »
Brazil's fitness level requires serious attention.  No energy to win possession from de French from de first whistle.  That was an eye opener.

1]; } ?>