April 28, 2024, 01:09:20 AM

Author Topic: Cafu won't quit Brazil team  (Read 8561 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Cafu won't quit Brazil team
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2006, 01:49:05 PM »
i just watched the rivaldo video and i see theplay between him and ronaldinho in 2002.

Tell me something. when Ronaldinho 'graduate' from number 11 to number 10? Anybody know?

Usually they give the number 10 to the one that stands out in de team...this is universal...Pele, Maradona, Latapy, Baggio, Owen, Totti etc...Rivaldo was #10 since before 1998...now that he is off the national team Ronaldinho seems the most natural heir.

Well I know that. I meant the first match he played in the number 10 shirt
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2006, 02:03:14 PM »
i just watched the rivaldo video and i see theplay between him and ronaldinho in 2002.

Tell me something. when Ronaldinho 'graduate' from number 11 to number 10? Anybody know?

Usually they give the number 10 to the one that stands out in de team...this is universal...Pele, Maradona, Latapy, Baggio, Owen, Totti etc...Rivaldo was #10 since before 1998...now that he is off the national team Ronaldinho seems the most natural heir.

Well I know that. I meant the first match he played in the number 10 shirt

5th September, 2004. A WC qualifer vs. Bolivia. Luis Fabiano was #10 for two matches before that, and in all the qualifers up till then it was Rivaldo as #10.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2006, 07:54:51 PM »
You mad boy
Bag was Mr. number 10 self
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2006, 08:24:49 PM »
You mad boy
Bag was Mr. number 10 self

Yeah daz good talk.......but my most vivid memories of Baggio was when he was #15 in WC 1990....I guess he wasn't senior enough to command the #10 yet...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Parreira quits after Brazil's disappointment
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2006, 04:57:43 PM »
Parreira quits after Brazil's disappointment
Story Tools:       
  Print    Email    Blog This   
Associated Pres   

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil (AP) - Carlos Alberto Parreira quit as coach of Brazil on Wednesday, just three weeks after the team was stunned 1-0 by France and eliminated in the quarterfinals of the World Cup.

Winners of quarterfinal matches played on the same day, face each other in the semifinals on July 4 and 5. 

Support your favorite team with official World Cup gear from the Fox Soccer Shop! 

Parreira said he wanted to rest and spend time with his family after four years at the helm of the five-time World Cup champions, the Brazil Soccer Confederation (CBF) said in a statement.

"After meeting this morning ... with CBF President Ricardo Teixeira, coach Carlos Alberto Parreira resigned from the Brazilian national team," the CBF said.

The CBF said the decision was made jointly and that "from today on, Parreira will no longer have a professional link with the Brazilian Soccer Confederation."

Parreira, who coached Brazil to its fourth Cup title in 1994, had a roster laden with all-stars, making it an odds-on favorite to win the World Cup.

But the team looked lethargic in its early wins against Croatia, Australia, Japan and Ghana - none of them soccer powers. In a quarterfinal match against France, which beat Brazil 3-0 in the 1998 Cup final, Thierry Henry scored the lone goal and sent Brazil home early.

The Brazil confederation did not immediately name a replacement for Parreira. The club is to face Norway in a friendly game in Oslo on Aug. 16.

There has been speculation about Parreira's successor for weeks. The top choice was Luiz Felipe Scolari, who led Brazil to its fifth World Cup title in 2002, but he has renewed his contract with Portugal until 2008.

The contenders include former national team coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo of Santos; Paulo Autuori, who coached Sao Paulo to the Copa Libertadores and world club championship last year; Muricy Ramalho, Sao Paulo's current coach; and Dunga, the captain of Brazil's 1994 champion, but who has no coaching experience.

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2006, 05:04:38 PM »
So Parreira quit....he had them playing sweet sweet ball all thru the qualifiers and ESP the Confederations Cup...like he do a complete 180 for the World Cup

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2006, 07:11:15 PM »
So Parreira quit....he had them playing sweet sweet ball all thru the qualifiers and ESP the Confederations Cup...like he do a complete 180 for the World Cup

Parreira eh really do a 180...at least not tactically. But he made some big mistakes with personel. He brought in Cafu in place of Cicinho after Cafu was injured all season and barely played for Milan. And he played an increasingly out of form R Carlos instead of Gilberto. In all fairness to him, some of his key players just came out flat...Kaka had 2 decent games and then disappeared..Ronaldinho never came out the gates, Adriano sill struggling to find last year's form and Ronaldo show up fat and out of shape. Parreira did not have the guts to tinker with the lineup and so we didn't see enough of Robinho nor Fred. The team that played against Japan should ahve been kept for the rest of the tourney, but even then..if they played badlya nd lost to Ghana everyone would have blamed Parreira for thinking a team that beat a poor Japan was really the answer (I think it was..but who de hell is me?) What kill Brazil is the arrogance of Parreira and the CBF to only play warm up matches against absolutely shit sides. If they ahd play a couple of decent teams and collect some good cutass, they woulda iron out some kinks before the Cup

Finally, Brazil's confederation Cup squad was also not as good as people 'remember'. Remember that is the same side that get manners from Mexico and then struggle to tie with Japan. They were decent against a German team that really wasn't that good, yet...but then they explode in the final against Argentina and everyone went crazy. Expectations were always a bit exaggerated based on one game. The potential to be great was there but there was no consistency to justify feeling they would always play like that. Brazil had to come into the tourney with all cylinders firing to mimic that Confed Cup final...but that was not the case. The rest is history

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Ronaldo seeks surgery
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2006, 07:42:55 PM »
Shin surgery for Ronaldo
Source: - Football.co.uk

Real Madrid striker Ronaldo may be struggling to be fit for the start of the La Liga season after undergoing an operation on his left shin in Brazil.

The 29-year-old is expected to be sidelined for a month after having the surgery.

Brazilian national team doctor Jose Luiz Runco said: "He could start to train with the ball in four weeks. We must hope that the wound heals."

Real Madrid doctor Alfonso del Corral added: "The Brazilian Football Confederation and Real Madrid always work together. I have never had problems with the Brazilian FA."

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rivaldo to retire at end of season.
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2006, 08:55:43 PM »
put a smiley face on that, men might think yuh serious, and call yuh a yankee for being geographically ignorant....  ;D

Santa Cruz run tings !!

For those of you who forgot about the boss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS8b8Q5bs2s&search=rivaldo

Enjoy !!

lord boy kicker boy yuh bring back memories dey
Rivaldo and Kluivert the wickedest combination since Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder

oh and Rivaldo from Santa Cruz............... Pax Vale to be exact

Més que un club.

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldo seeks surgery
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2006, 12:34:12 AM »
Since he was going under the knife, he should have considered gastric bypass one time...

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Ronaldo seeks surgery
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2006, 03:45:47 AM »
Since he was going under the knife, he should have considered gastric bypass one time...
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2006, 05:59:06 AM »
a really great player,some one who stepped up from brazil in 2002,thas what was lacking this year,some one to step up and take control.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2006, 07:12:03 AM »
a really great player,some one who stepped up from brazil in 2002,thas what was lacking this year,some one to step up and take control.

for real. in each of their world cup games, there was a lack of leadership on the field.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2006, 09:37:40 AM »
WHy Rivaldo eh really get a chance in AC boy
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2006, 09:45:59 AM »
he should

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2006, 06:43:37 PM »
Rivaldo is one of the best players I ever see... RESPECT

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Brazil coach calls it a day
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2006, 07:58:36 PM »
Parreira resigns as Brazil coach
Source: - BBC sports

Brazil coach Carlos Alberto Parreira has resigned following his team's failure to win the World Cup.

The pre-tournament favourites were knocked out at the quarter-final stage, losing 1-0 to France in Germany.

A Brazil statement read: "The coach says he needs to dedicate time to his family after four years leading the Brazilian national team."

Parreira, 63, led Brazil to a fourth World Cup win in 1994 and took control for his third stint in charge in 2003.

He was also Brazil coach for one year during the mid-1980s and has also managed three other teams at the World Cup - Kuwait (1982), United Arab Emirates (1990) and Saudi Arabia (1998).

Among his other honours with Brazil, Parreira also won the 2004 Copa America and the 2005 Confederations Cup, on both occasions beating arch-rivals Argentina in the final.

Former Real Madrid coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo, who was in charge of Brazil from 1998 to 2000, and former Sao Paulo and Peru boss Paulo Autuori are the favourites to take over from Parreira.

The statement continued: "It was a joint decision and Parreira will no longer have any connection with the Brazilian Football Confederation."

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brazil coach calls it a day
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2006, 08:16:48 PM »
Brazil played kaka

interpret that in either way, it still true  ;D

I still think Parreira can do the job better than Luxemburgo though

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brazil coach calls it a day
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2006, 10:36:29 PM »
Gally, Corneal and the rest of them coaches should take heed and send in their resumes...

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dunga is New Brazil Boss
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2006, 03:37:32 PM »
Dunga is suprise choice as new Brazil coach

RIO DE JANEIRO, July 24 (Reuters) - Former Brazil midfielder and captain Dunga was surprisingly named as the country's new national team coach on Monday.

The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) said on its official website that Dunga agreed terms after a two-hour meeting.

'I want to bring the same determination I had as a player,' Dunga, who captained Brazil's 1994 World Cup-winning team, told the CBF's website.

Dunga replaces Carlos Alberto Parreira who resigned last Wednesday. 

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dunga is New Brazil Boss
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2006, 03:40:20 PM »
I did not see that one coming at all. I heard one rumour but dismissed it.

Very interesting

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2006, 03:49:14 PM »
Well I'm not very knowledgeable of the coaching landscape in Brazil so I can't say I'm TOO surprised......not sure who else was in the running.....

With so much talent at his disposal, I think the biggest challenge when coaching Brazil is getting the most out of the players....hopefully Dunga can do it...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2006, 03:56:11 PM »
Well I'm not very knowledgeable of the coaching landscape in Brazil so I can't say I'm TOO surprised......not sure who else was in the running.....

With so much talent at his disposal, I think the biggest challenge when coaching Brazil is getting the most out of the players....hopefully Dunga can do it...

hoss i always compare dunga to deschamps on the field. if both ah them does coach the same way we in for some good things...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2006, 04:05:41 PM »
one ah meh favourite Brazilian players. He wouldnt be afraid tuh read dem players de riot act. Anyone remember how he and Bebeto almost come tuh blows.....nonsense kinda fellah.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2006, 04:09:02 PM »
one ah meh favourite Brazilian players. He wouldnt be afraid tuh read dem players de riot act. Anyone remember how he and Bebeto almost come tuh blows.....nonsense kinda fellah.

Aye yuh real ole school boy.......yuh believe in yuh hard man tactics eh ?..... ;D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 09:43:27 PM by kicker »

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2006, 07:50:12 PM »
jes asking cause I really eh know

but Dunga ever coach any side of worth before?

Més que un club.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2006, 08:55:46 PM »
jes asking cause I really eh know

but Dunga ever coach any side of worth before?

Safe to say Dunga has very little coaching experience. In fact, I think he was travelling with a Brazil over 40 fete match side until recently. Klinsman, Voeller, Van Basten, Rijkaard...fairly successful national team coaches with zero experience. Dunga fits that mold of the young-ish ex player who the players will respecta nd respond to. Lewwe see wha go on in the Copa America yes...

big up Dopey (Dunga is portuguese for Dopey..in case you was wondering...he was nicknamed after one of the seven dwarves)

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
  • Who the cap fit, let them wear it.
    • View Profile
Is it true?
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2006, 09:48:01 AM »
Dunga is Brazil's new head coach?

Just heard it on the pipeline. Dont haqve all the facts yet.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile

1]; } ?>