April 26, 2024, 03:28:38 AM

Author Topic: Kezi Lara & Terrance Williams to play in the U.S.  (Read 6508 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Kezi Lara & Terrance Williams to play in the U.S.
« on: July 25, 2006, 10:21:40 AM »
Just an update.

Two boys from Trinadad to play in the states next year for Lipscomb University (NCAA Division I from Atlantic Sun Conference).

T.J. Williams: Was a member of the U-20 National Pool for soccer in his home country of Trinidad and Tobago. He participated in the Senior National Team screening session in December 2005. T.J., 6-foot-3, 190 pounds, lettered in soccer, basketball and track and field at St. Augustine Senior Secondary School in Arovca, Trinidad.
In high school he was the team captain in 2003. His high school soccer team won the Conference Championship in 2002. He was also the MVP of his high school basketball team in 2000. His senior year in high school he scored eight goals and had six assists.
In club soccer T.J. played for the East-West Coaching School. They were the East Conference Champions in 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001. They were National Runners-up for the Youth Cup in 1999. T.J., 21, plans to major in business management. He chose Lipscomb for "its excellent community-like environment." His parents are Carol and Terrance Williams, Sr.

Kezi Lara: Lara is a member of the Trinidad and Tobago U-20 National Team. Lara, 20, played for Naparima College in San Fernando In high school he was the top midfielder in 2003 in the Secondary School Football League. He was the leading scorer on his high school team with eight goals. "I decided to attend Lipscomb because I was impressed with their soccer and education programs," said Lara.
Lara, 5-foot-9, 165 pounds, was the Most Valuable Player for Naparima College in 2004. He also led the team in goals scored. He plans to major in business. He is the son of Dolores and Ali Lara.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kezi Lara & Terrance Williams to play in the U.S.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 11:49:47 AM »
well done to Kezi....hope he continues to rip up wen he goes up there and continues to improve
Back in Trini...

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 12:09:44 PM »
What position TJ Williams plays? Maybe he can be Andrews understudy ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 01:28:41 PM »
T.J. Williams: Was a member of the U-20 National Pool for soccer in his home country of Trinidad and Tobago. He participated in the Senior National Team screening session in December 2005. T.J., 6-foot-3, 190 pounds, lettered in soccer, basketball and track and field at St. Augustine Senior Secondary School in Arouca, Trinidad.
He played at Mayville State University last year.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 01:46:42 PM »
Kezi Lara is ah big player!!

But Anton Corneal is ah goat!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 02:02:51 PM »
All yuh forgive meh, but is Kezi a relative tuh de great Brian?
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 02:14:55 PM »

Me eh know, but he does have ah brother Dezi Lara (was Naps captain) who currently plays for the University of Buffalo.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 02:22:49 PM »

Me eh know, but he does have ah brother Dezi Lara (was Naps captain) who currently plays for the University of Buffalo.

Thanks Tallman. Ah thought was me alone, but like nobody else eh have ah answer fuh dat question.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 04:44:38 PM »

Thanks Tallman. Ah thought was me alone, but like nobody else eh have ah answer fuh dat question.

Yes he is. At least thats what the Naps sportsmaster said. Him and his brother Dezi were either cousins or nephews of Brian (I can't exactly remember). They had some good batting skills too
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 04:47:51 PM by sinned86 »

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 05:26:52 PM »
to be negative but these players should be turning Pro by now but if its an education they want that is a good move T&T Pro league just lost two good prospects.
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 07:34:01 PM »
to be negative but these players should be turning Pro by now but if its an education they want that is a good move T&T Pro league just lost two good prospects.

you have a point, bally. Education-wise, they are set, but if its football they want, Pro League should have more incentives to keep its young stars. Is it really easier to reach MLS via a US college then it is to do well in the Pro League?
Hart for president

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 07:58:03 PM »

Yes he is. At least thats what the Naps sportsmaster said. Him and his brother Dezi were either cousins or nephews of Brian (I can't exactly remember). They had some good batting skills too

Thanks 86, fuh de lil info.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 07:58:31 PM »

Correction. Dezi is his cousin.

Kezi has no relationship to Brian. He (Kezi) was brought up under the watchful eyes of Brian Williams.

Kezi was being recruited by University at Buffalo but things feel through due to academic reasons.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 08:02:33 PM »

Kezi has no relationship to Brian. He (Kezi) was brought up under the watchful eyes of Brian Williams.

Kezi was being recruited by University at Buffalo but things feel through due to academic reasons.

Kingman
Kingman..he was an 'import'?
could that be the reason why he get blank for academic reasons right?
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 08:03:50 PM »

Thanks fuh de correction. I got dat info from dis Express article.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 08:04:07 PM »

Kingman

Yeah you right Desi was his cousin...i just ask my next naps partner about it.. as for the relation to Brian Lara I remember our sportsmaster saying they were relatives of Lara but that may just have been ole talk (as he was known for...). thanks for the info kingman

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 08:06:09 PM »

Kingman
Kingman..he was an 'import'?
could that be the reason why he get blank for academic reasons right?

University at Buffalo apparently has higher academic standards for acceptance than Lipscomb University. Kezi did not meet University at Buffalo requirements but he met the standard for Lipscomb.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 09:25:10 PM »
I am happy for the youngsters that they are going to get an education.Its right to say that we pro league will miss two talents and we will continue to lose more players to the american system.I believe that the gov't should try to help our talented  footballers with academics ability with some kind of scholarship right here to get their degree here and play football.   

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2006, 09:56:46 PM »
I am happy for the youngsters that they are going to get an education.Its right to say that we pro league will miss two talents and we will continue to lose more players to the american system.I believe that the gov't should try to help our talented  footballers with academics ability with some kind of scholarship right here to get their degree here and play football.   

Ah know we want de best fuh de youths and dem, but everything all yuh saying de government should do. De last time ah check, we still ah small island in de Caribbean, so how de hell we could ever match de American system? There are so many different issues de government have tuh take care of, whey all yuh think we so rich in T&T. We will always loose players tuh American system and we cannot do anything about it, at least not any time soon.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 07:46:21 AM »
Good luck to these 2 youngsters and i hope they shine in ncaa. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2006, 12:31:46 PM »

My position is that it's better to expose yourself to a wider variety of playing and coaching styles...I think that can be had by playing in the US.  As to whether this would be a faster route to the MLS, not sure...but they'd certainly be more easily scouted for the MLS by playing in the US.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 07:18:57 PM »
Both are on the roster for Nashville Metros, USL PDL SouthEast for 2008.

Lara has one goal for the season:
May 24 vs. Palm Beach Pumas

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 07:32:13 PM »
I find that is a brilliant idea ! ,all the gov giving them is a chair to sit in .UWI go have the best team in trini lol .

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 07:41:40 PM »
I find that is a brilliant idea ! ,all the gov giving them is a chair to sit in .UWI go have the best team in trini lol .

Closest thing so far is UTT. They playing in the super league.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 08:14:39 PM »
Yea Kezi is a very good player skill for days. But he is not 20. he is about 23 now...

1]; } ?>