April 26, 2024, 03:21:09 PM

Author Topic: Falkirk set to throw book at AWOL Theobald.  (Read 30488 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Falkirk set to throw book at AWOL Theobald.
« on: July 27, 2006, 08:39:53 AM »
Falkirk set to throw book at AWOL Theobald.
By Hugh Keevins (Daily Record).

Falkirk are set to punish Trinidad and Tobago star Densill Theobald for going AWOL. The player who made three appearances for his country at the World Cup finals has been missing without permission since failing to turn up for the club's pre-season trip to Holland three weeks ago.
Bairns boss John Hughes last night slammed the player for his lack of professionalism.
He said: "We' ve had no communication with the player and we can't smoke him out anywhere. Falkirk pay his wages and he's showing no commitment to the club with this type of attitude.
"The directors will decide over the next 24 hours whether Densil's actually in breach of contract and assess the appropriate course of action to take.
"I was so proud of Densil during the World Cup when I saw him get his chance against England, Sweden and Paraguay and I do think he's got a great chance in the game.
"But the season starts on Saturday and where is he?"
Yogi was originally told the player needed an extra week to recover from his World Cup exertions and that request was immediately granted.
Theobald then claimed he needed treatment for a knee injury but there has been no communication between player and club since.
Hughes added: "I've tried to get him on the phone but so far without success.
"We've got a great medical team looking after the players at Falkirk and they could easily have handled his inflammation problem.
"Densill should have been full of beans after the World Cup but now he'll have to go some to get over this episode. It's so unprofessional of him and I need players prepared to work for me and the club."
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 09:14:47 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Falkirk set to throw book at AWOL Theobald
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 08:41:25 AM »
oh lord  :-\
Hart for president

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 08:43:48 AM »
Oh dear...looks like a another season on the bench. Of course, this is a pile of bile from the manager cause it have no way Latas doh have theobald on speed dial. So I am sure they know exactly what is up with Densil if they really wanted to. This is just a play for the press onetime so when Bleeder benching (or in the stands) and Falkirk losing, they have a reason to use.

U telling me Latas couldn't call the man tell him to call the club again cause they find he being unprofessional, even though they give him time off?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 08:49:54 AM »
Dis sound like a repeat of the stern john/coventry saga

dey cyah find him...and den suddenly 'remember'  "oh yeah he did call and tell us where he is"

at least I hope so
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 08:50:41 AM »
whappen tuh bleeder boy, ah have talk 2 de man and find out what possess him tuh juss duck de club so, anyways de man hate de weather  but that is no grounds for ducking, ah wonder what happened. ???

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 08:53:13 AM »
come on denzil

i thought he was disenchanted when he came to play the 2 grenada games saying it hve no more season for him

and now this

be a pro shou them down like how stern tell mickey adams
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 09:01:09 AM »
See that what does happen when yuh lime with hardest to much ;D he starting  to follow him now >:(
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 09:14:26 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

TrinInfinite

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 09:15:02 AM »
See that what does happen when yuh lime with hardest to much he starting to follow him now >:(

dis is not hardest fault idiot, hardest encourage de man tuh go and was instrumental in him making the natl team, what kind of out of timing talk is dat ???

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Falkirk set to throw book at AWOL Theobald.
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 09:26:00 AM »
so what he doing AWOL bad habits rub off TI
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 09:41:43 AM »
how does every thread ti post in happen to end up about hardest

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 09:43:51 AM »
Forgive me, but what does AWOL mean ?

Densill must be getting interest from other clubs and dont want to play for Falkirk anymore as he's probably looking for more money, bigger teams and a sure game. ? He head swell allyuh ? time to get back to reality and go back to Falkirk until better comes, but you cant dam the bridge you cross... show some respect Densill, a phone call is cheap to make.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 09:45:47 AM by Flex »

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 09:46:44 AM »
I don't care about not liking the weather, anyone leaving the Caribbean to go to the U.K whether you're going to play for Falkirk or going to work for Ernst & Young, you have to get accutomed to the weather, it's just part of doing the business.

On top of that, after the man said that Falkirk is just a stepping stone for a bigger and better club for him, even before he kicked a ball fo them and not even making the first team as yet, he'll pull a stunt like this.

Surely he'll get better treatment for his knee at the club at which he's employed and where he's an investment rather than hanging around here in T&T.

I just hope we're not hearing the whole story and he has a good explanation.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 09:47:38 AM »
AWOL... Away without leave

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 09:49:19 AM »
AWOL... Away without leave

err... actually Absent Without Leave...

He probably wants to retire and live off de interest from de $1 million units...

if what they saying is true that real unprofessional, and he's not even a big player to coast and come back when he ready like rivaldo, in that context he's a shythound

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 09:52:12 AM »
how does every thread ti post in happen to end up about hardest

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 01:12:50 PM by Lightning »
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 10:00:11 AM »
yuh cud take him outta nelson buh yuh cah take d nelson outta him

theobald wa shit ya doing boy

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 10:01:13 AM »
Forgive me, but what does AWOL mean ?

Densill must be getting interest from other clubs and dont want to play for Falkirk anymore as he's probably looking for more money, bigger teams and a sure game. ? He head swell allyuh ? time to get back to reality and go back to Falkirk until better comes, but you cant dam the bridge you cross... show some respect Densill, a phone call is cheap to make.

Swell headed based on what?? not like he lit up the WC. For a man that is talking about making an impact in the game and being an example for the youth, this is shocking. When you're in a position like his, you should be showing passion, committment trying to show the gaffer you deserve a spot in the starting line up.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 10:08:54 AM »
He mustbe hook up with ah lil smallie who handling him.  I ent blame yuh horse, stay dong here, forget about football and live off yuh units!

Puccieee power!!

typical trini man..........dey get ah lil change in dey pocket and they forget their responsibilities!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 10:15:57 AM »
First of all, only ah mad man will stay back home in Trinidad to get treatment, when they have access to better treatment at their club.  This is not like Brazil of Argentina where men have access to good treatment.  With all due respect to our techincal staff, we have some ways to go with our sports medicine.  So Bleeder need to find he ass back at Falkirk.  The manager spoke so highly of the man and seemed set to unleash him into the first team this season and now this crap.  If this is so, Bleeder being very ungrateful.  Worse yet, Latas recommend the man, so Bleeder jeopardizing the man reputation and could be closing the door for more youths that might be recommended by Latas.  If yuh doh want to play for them, answer yuh phone and tell them so.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 10:20:17 AM »
Well we ent hear the whole story yet eh. The only thing for sure seems to be that he hasn't turned up for training. Let's see if he will turn up somewhere else.

When the money run out...party done

Either way it is not the best or most professional way to handle the situation...whether it's because he fed up with falkirk because he feel he deserve better.  While he didn't light up the World Cup he did show he could hang with the best and in saying that...he showed he more than deserved a spot in a team that plays in the SPL.  He should have been given an opportunity to play.

But Theo if yuh don't want to go back that cool but yuh have to show more professionalism and let people know where yuh at.  At this point he might as well leave the club cause if they ent been giving him a game before....it go be hard to say to the players who show up...somebody gettin drop cause we World Cup Star come back.

Ah doh know exactly where Theo is but I the coordinates is probably.....Between A Rock and Ah Hard Place :chilling:

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 10:22:39 AM »
Waiting to hear the real story.

He cutting it kinda close and staying out of contact ain't helping.
The manager shouldn't have to go in the papers to send him a message (unless the manager not being completely honest)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 10:44:52 AM »
I see him in Burger King on saturday night...so he was still in the country up to the weekend at least. He real skinny, boy...and imagine he put on weight in Scotland ! So unless he lose all that weight over the past months, I cah beleive he was even  skinnier than that  before he went away. I mean, i see him on the field, but seeing him in person really let me see how tiny Theobald is.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 10:48:19 AM »
I cyah understand this. The club has a point but all of ah sudden densil is important to them ???. Densil has never been given the chance to play for the club's first team, he only benching right through..... but at the same time though Densil that is a bad move, looks like yuh have to buy some wood gloss for that bench this season!!!!!  

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 10:53:02 AM »
Who go win if TI and Triniman fight?  :rotfl:

But daiz real poor on Densil's part. Ah member when he now went up and in two twos he had ah battle wid an oponent while playing fuh de reserve team

Have tuh quote de ole saying "yuh cud tek de man out tha trini but yuh cyar tek de trini out tha him." Densil behaving like ah George Street Guntar and he need tuh step up he game in all aspects or is ah Rahin stint fuh him

ballpiong they paying de man bloody salary.  :loser:
is like working fuh de shitting public service... we don't need yuh but if we paying yuh show yuh bloody face

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2006, 10:54:47 AM »
I see him in Burger King on saturday night...so he was still in the country up to the weekend at least. He real skinny, boy...and imagine he put on weight in Scotland ! So unless he lose all that weight over the past months, I cah beleive he was even skinnier than that before he went away. I mean, i see him on the field, but seeing him in person really let me see how tiny Theobald is.
yeah i saw him in movie towne last friday

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2006, 11:10:44 AM »
Can we send ah better replacement, no extra charge....Maybe the TTFF should contract everybody, that way we can drop from club and country when man Fcup and send ah replacement..giving somebody else ah chance...something like wha MLS does do(contract everybody that is)....it have to much ppl bustin ass for a lil chance and won't get none....Story...he shoulda be in Scotland training, even if Falkirk manager personally tell im we don't really need to see yuh, he shoulda be preparin for 1st Team ball.....allyuh sure no drugs involved here ?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 11:13:06 AM by maxg »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2006, 11:54:41 AM »
I see him in Burger King on saturday night...so he was still in the country up to the weekend at least. He real skinny, boy...and imagine he put on weight in Scotland ! So unless he lose all that weight over the past months, I cah beleive he was even  skinnier than that  before he went away. I mean, i see him on the field, but seeing him in person really let me see how tiny Theobald is.

Imagine how skinny he would be if he didn't eat at Burger King.  Sounds like he's working real hard on his match fitness so the manager need not worry   ::)

And where is Latas in all of this ?  Isn't he an assistant coach?  Shouldn't he be taking a special interest in his fellow Trinis development?  After all he's the one who recommended Bleeder in the first place.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2006, 12:03:48 PM »
Even if he was still injured, you should report back to the club for pre-season and continue with rehabiltaion on the knee. The fact that people seeing him all over the place very well means he could have been back to Falkirk getting treatment and looking to get into the 1st team.

I pray to God that the little media attention and money has not gone to his head.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2006, 12:14:38 PM »
So now EVERYBODY see Theobald somewhere :o

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2006, 12:27:24 PM »
I cyah understand this. The club has a point but all of ah sudden densil is important to them ???. Densil has never been given the chance to play for the club's first team, he only benching right through..... but at the same time though Densil that is a bad move, looks like yuh have to buy some wood gloss for that bench this season!!!!! 

All due respect fella! I've seen some of Theobalds reserve performances for Falkirk and have posted my opinions on them during the past season. He never deserved a starting place in the side. He wasn't poor he just did nothing exceptional, never stood out at all....this is what reserve players need to do consistently if they hope to get ah run in the first team. I'm sure it is only Lata's presence and the fact that Beenie seemed to have unshaking faith in his ability, starting him in the world cup that has stayed Falkirk's hand from cancelling his contract already. I personnally think the man is crazy to do this (if true- never believe UK clubs statement completely) as I do not think his world cup performances will have European sides bustin the man door down to offer him a contract anytime soon.

1]; } ?>