March 29, 2024, 03:19:07 AM

Author Topic: Going Dutch  (Read 7418 times)

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
Going Dutch
« on: July 27, 2006, 09:03:21 AM »
The Daily Express carried an article today by Lasana Liburd pg 20 Sport Express Magazine.
Definitly a must read.
Our very fine reporter, Liburd, speaks in the article of the Dutch monopoly developing in out local football. Wim "The Whip" is now being assisted by another dutch coach, Jan Van Deinsen.
The roles of out local staff played before is being minimized which I personally love (especially) Tiger Phillips role. We also retain Beenie Man as an advisor and as Phillips role is being minimized almost as a cat being cornered. But as the old saying goes corner a cat and get scratched. Will Tiger Phillips scratch back?

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Going Dutch
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 09:06:36 AM »
Out of the article also arises the question, Should we have hired an inexperienced Head Coach for such an aloted period ie 4 years instead of the usual 2?
also
What are we going to do after the Dutch invasion has ceased?

Sorry tuh have tuh post twice but meh terminal on work playing wid meh muddah so an so

An fuh all those who were wondering where be pasdah was nah worry ah back

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Going Dutch
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 09:11:59 AM »
The Daily Express carried an article today by Lasana Liburd pg 20 Sport Express Magazine.
Definitly a must read.
Our very fine reporter, Liburd, speaks in the article of the Dutch monopoly developing in out local football. Wim "The Whip" is now being assisted by another dutch coach, Jan Van Deinsen.
The roles of out local staff played before is being minimized which I personally love (especially) Tiger Phillips role. We also retain Beenie Man as an advisor and as Phillips role is being minimized almost as a cat being cornered. But as the old saying goes corner a cat and get scratched. Will Tiger Phillips scratch back?

the internet express has not updated thier sports section. I would like to read what he say this time
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 09:15:29 AM »
Out of the article also arises the question, Should we have hired an inexperienced Head Coach for such an aloted period ie 4 years instead of the usual 2?
also

Sorry tuh have tuh post twice but meh terminal on work playing wid meh muddah so an so

Not sure what makes him inexperienced, he's been to the WC and trained under Beenhaker, as oppoesed to coaches home who have never seen a World Cup nor recieved A class coaching

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 09:21:50 AM »
also

Not sure what makes him inexperienced, he's been to the WC and trained under Beenhaker, as oppoesed to coaches home who have never seen a World Cup nor recieved A class coaching

I doh endorse the wording he using: "monopoly" and "invasion"...I dont know why he have to be thinking so. But T&T is Wim's first position as a head coach of any team...so in that sense he is inexperienced. I waiting till de friendlies and Gold Cup performances to form my perspective on Wim.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 09:26:06 AM »
Well Grande he didn't use those exact word but it was implied. I don't know if i alone got that picture

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 10:12:07 AM »
also

I doh endorse the wording he using: "monopoly" and "invasion"...I dont know why he have to be thinking so. But T&T is Wim's first position as a head coach of any team...so in that sense he is inexperienced. I waiting till de friendlies and Gold Cup performances to form my perspective on Wim.

As a coach, Van Basten, Klinsmann, Dunga all had no coaching experience. They've all played the game at the highest level.

Wim has much more coaching experience than these guys and also played at the highest level and was in the Feyenoord coaching staff for a while. The man seems to have a bit more passion than Beenhakker and we should give him a chance, if not, we need a big name coach because we certainly don't have local coaches with the international experience, some may the POTENTIAL but not the experience required.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 10:12:33 AM »
The 2 european nations that have been producing the most exciting talent have been the Dutch and the French.  They both believe in intensive programs developing technical ability AND invidual flair.....as they put it 'street football (read:small-goal) with structure'.

Dutch and French youth spend more than twice as much time in training than their English counterparts.

I would like to take it a step further and import a host of Dutch coaches to establish a Dutch style youth development program and have local coaches work with them.

Once such a program is firmly established the local coaches would eventually take over and a more localised style would develop over time.

While a Dutch style would be easier to set up because of our current connection with that nation I believe that the French would be more suited to our culture but either way we couldn't lose.

I think this is better investment of resources rather than the national team.....

.....Not that I think it will ever happen.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 10:51:26 AM »
But is not an invasion or a monopoly. We made a decision to ''go dutch'' and invited Beenie as the chief implementer of the art. It was not meant to make us qualify for the World Cup in Germany, it was a plan set in place to get us to 2010. Germany was a bonus. Lincoln Phillips said this.

Also, I get the impression that Lincoln is happy to hand over the role of TD because he knows his primary attribute is regarding goalkeepers. He did his job, which was to put things in place for us to get to 2010 and develop football in the land in general. This job included identifying those he believed could do this. Now, he is stil involved but is intelligent enough, from what I know of him, to know that if you don't have a degree in Finance, but u know some business, doesn't mean you should be the accountant for the company. But you know enough to hire an accountant to keep the books in order.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 12:07:24 PM »
I like the dutch system, but I still believe that they MUST incorporate our Calypso offensive style for us to be successful, and for our ball to be considered entertaining, because allyuh know if we winning ugly we goh lose fans, we have to win pretty  ;D :beermug: :rotfl:

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 01:04:08 PM »
The 2 european nations that have been producing the most exciting talent have been the Dutch and the French.  They both believe in intensive programs developing technical ability AND invidual flair.....as they put it 'street football (read:small-goal) with structure'.

Dutch and French youth spend more than twice as much time in training than their English counterparts.

I would like to take it a step further and import a host of Dutch coaches to establish a Dutch style youth development program and have local coaches work with them.

Once such a program is firmly established the local coaches would eventually take over and a more localised style would develop over time.

While a Dutch style would be easier to set up because of our current connection with that nation I believe that the French would be more suited to our culture but either way we couldn't lose.

I think this is better investment of resources rather than the national team.....

ah like yuh ideas very positive way of thinking......one major obstacle would be getting the local coaches to humble themselves and not act as though they know it all......one question....Why would the French system be more suited to our culture..... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 01:46:34 PM »

Also, I get the impression that Lincoln is happy to hand over the role of TD because he knows his primary attribute is regarding goalkeepers.
He did his job, which was to put things in place for us to get to 2010 and develop football in the land in general. This job included identifying those he believed could do this. Now, he is stil involved but is intelligent enough, from what I know of him, to know that if you don't have a degree in Finance, but u know some business, doesn't mean you should be the accountant for the company. But you know enough to hire an accountant to keep the books in order.

Did he hand over role as TD ? i would like to read that article
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 01:51:54 PM »
This is the best thing that could have happened to TNT. Instead of criticising and pointing fingers, let us openly grasp this opportunity to learn and I mean all coaches players, administrative and stop the usual Trini thing we do and cry them dong before they even start.

Cmon lets start thinking a little more progressively.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 01:57:15 PM »
All we need now is some foreign, policy wonks to sought out the gov't :-\
Live large and prosper!

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 02:04:08 PM »

Also, I get the impression that Lincoln is happy to hand over the role of TD because he knows his primary attribute is regarding goalkeepers.
He did his job, which was to put things in place for us to get to 2010 and develop football in the land in general. This job included identifying those he believed could do this. Now, he is stil involved but is intelligent enough, from what I know of him, to know that if you don't have a degree in Finance, but u know some business, doesn't mean you should be the accountant for the company. But you know enough to hire an accountant to keep the books in order.

Did he hand over role as TD ? i would like to read that article
It was wrested from him, while we were celebrating :devil:
Live large and prosper!

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 03:39:40 PM »

ah like yuh ideas very positive way of thinking......one major obstacle would be getting the local coaches to humble themselves and not act as though they know it all......one question....Why would the French system be more suited to our culture..... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

I've watched French Ligue 1 football and the French like creative flair a bit more than the Dutch (not that you could tell from the world cup team). 

Our society generally leans more on the creative side as opposed to technical so I figure our natrual style would be more in line with the French than the Dutch.

But like I said either one would be great just keep the English away!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 10:44:04 PM »
Once we eh go BSC, Corneal and Vidale I good.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2006, 11:31:07 AM »
Fellas,
Here's the article. I'm sure the government, in light of the current negotiations with TTFF, will find this a very interresting read. It looks like another example of Trini crab in the barrel nonsense. Perhaps the TD was getting too influential for Jack's and Corneal's comfort.

Going Dutch
… TTFF split over 2010 W/Cup plan
 Trinidad Express

In the colonial era, Holland rarely laid siege to new territories by force. They were damned good negotiators though.
More than a century on, Dutchman Leo Beenhakker enhanced his country’s stereotype for assimilation and persuasive argument by seemingly finalizing the most extraordinary coaching contract in Trinidad and Tobago’s football history.
Ostensibly, Beenhakker vacated his position as Trinidad and Tobago coach over a week ago when he agreed a two-year deal with European nation, Poland. Yet, Beenhakker’s role within the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) seems stronger than ever.
So much so that the Dutchman’s role—decided upon in a Berlin meeting with CONCACAF vice-president Jack Warner—now extends beyond the senior and under-23 squads to encompass the entire T&TFF organization, which means that the European coaches will oversee everything from national youth teams to the federation’s interaction with the local Pro League.
On the other hand, present technical director Lincoln “Tiger” Phillips—according to a T&TFF release dated July 17—will “be confined” to the development of coaches and goalkeepers. The T&TFF’s Technical Department, which is chaired by Rudi Thomas but has Phillips as its most influential member, will also “be reviewed as a matter of urgency”.
Wim Rijsbergen, a former Holland World Cup player, spearheads the program on paper and enjoys a remarkable promotion from Beenhakker’s assistant to the dual duties of head coach and effective technical director.
But it is hard to see Rijsbergen stepping out of Beenhakker’s shadow.
The 63-year-old Beenhakker, who accepted his Polish post on July 11, now has the job title “technical advisor” and has vowed to attend “Soca Warriors” games and tournaments on a “need to do so” basis.
Beenhakker told TV6 News that he accepted the Poland job to be closer to his family but, almost certainly, he will spend his off days making cross-Atlantic trips from his full-time job in Europe to his part-time Caribbean consultancy position.
The T&TFF did not reveal whether Beenhakker’s position would be a paid one but it is a stretch to suggest that the veteran coach’s nine hour flights are solely down to a newfound emotional tie. Beenhakker, after all, was a no show for the Warriors’ celebrated return home following their World Cup adventure in Germany or their away win in Bahrain last November.
A pragmatic soul, Beenhakker’s popularity is down to the manipulation of his team’s results rather than his ability to sway the public’s affections like former national coach Rene Simoes.
Beenhakker’s stock rose with Trinidad and Tobago’s courageous showings in Germany and it has ensured a rewarding four-year spell. His Polish duties extend only to the 2008 European Championship.
If the ex-Real Madrid and Ajax coach succeeds there, he could theoretically be persuaded to remain for Poland’s 2010 World Cup bid. If not, there is always his technical advisory position in Trinidad and Tobago.
It is unlikely that Rijsbergen had the option of following his mentor into Poland. The East European country has no history of hiring foreign coaches and Beenhakker’s nomination was not completely without resistance. Perhaps Beenhakker’s new employers were unwilling to have their coaching staff dominated by foreigners.
Whatever the reason, Rijsbergen remains in Trinidad on a four-year deal as head coach and will have another Dutch assistant in compatriot Jan Van Deinsen. Local boy, Anton Corneal, completes the national coaching triumvirate.
Corneal also enjoyed a promotion as he is set to head “youth development” while Van Deinsen will also coach the youth teams.
In essence, Phillips’ powers are being usurped by an untested head coach, an unknown new Dutchman and a youth coach who, although long groomed for the international stage, has enjoyed very modest success on his own thus far.
The Technical Department does not intend to take this snub lying down.
In a counter proposal, which was dispatched by its chairman Thomas, the Technical Department made its disagreements clear to the T&TFF.
The Technical Department’s memorandum chided the T&TFF for publishing the ‘Berlin pact’ without lateral consultation and insisted that the failure to make clear demarcation between the role of head coach and technical director was contrary to prior agreements with the former organization.
The T&TFF, Technical Department member Dr Alvin Henderson contended, was changing a plan that worked.
“Because Beenhakker didn’t have the extra job of seeing about player development,” Henderson told the Express Sport Magazine. “He was able to concentrate fully on our qualification… (Beenhakker) didn’t have that (extra) burden on him.”
The Technical Department was not in favour of Beenhakker’s continued involvement either under the present conditions.
“While we appreciate Mr. Beenhakker’s contribution to the Trinidad and Tobago World Cup 2006 effort,” stated Thomas, “we firmly believe that his intermittent involvement… would not have a significant influence on either the players or team development.
“There is no known precedent that is supportive of this arrangement.”
Henderson agreed that Beenhakker’s proposed role as technical advisor was also an unnecessary risk by the T&TFF.
“We all feel that Beenhakker’s role ended when he signed a contract with Poland,” he said. “To have Beenhakker as a long-distance consultant who will come here when things in Poland are quiet. That has never worked in any country in the world that I am aware of and we don’t see why we should be an experiment.”
The Technical Department also vetoed the proposed hiring of Van Deinsen on the grounds that he was an unknown commodity. They preferred to hire a Trinidad and Tobago coach, ex-national players Brian Haynes (Dallas FC, USA) and Russell Latapy (Falkirk, Scotland) were recommended, to work alongside Rijsbergen.
While the ‘Berlin pact’ proposed using Latapy in an essentially ceremonial role, the Technical Department countered that the national icon should coach one of the national youth teams and assist the senior head coach.
Thomas argued that Corneal’s new job title was “unrealistic” as his organization felt that the national assistant coach would personally oversee four male youth teams as well as their female counterparts.
He strongly proposed that Rijsbergen—“in light of previous experiences with national coaches”—should receive no more than a two-year deal from the T&TFF with “the option for renewal following an evaluation of his performance”.
The ‘Berlin pact’ should have been finalized on Monday evening.
Warner, the T&TFF’s self-proclaimed decision maker, can still accept the Technical Department’s recommendations but it seems instructive that they were not included in the first place. Warner either feels that Phillips performed inadequately as technical director or simply that a combination of Rijsbergen and Beenhakker can better serve his and/or his country’s interests.
Phillips, the only employee at present whose salary—paid by the local government—is not diverted through the T&TFF, stressed that he will continue to serve “with honour” once given a role with which he can make a “meaningful contribution”.
But Henderson suggested that Phillips was not given a fair chance after suffering from the T&TFF’s financial shortcomings.
Although the government approved $18 million for youth development, Henderson explained that the T&TFF had not fulfilled the appropriate conditions to ensure the funds reached to the Technical Department.
“The technical department set up an organizational structure more than six months ago and even short listed people,” said Henderson. “But these people have not been hired and the people to hire them are the T&TFF… Everyone is asking why this team or that team is not in training but people are not being paid.
“The money was set aside but there are still certain checks and balance that must be completed and I am not sure what is happening or if the T&TFF even applied for it.”
Phillips took credit for recommending Beenhakker as replacement for former national coach Bertille St Clair last year when Warner was more interested in controversial Englishman, Ron Atkinson.
But the T&TFF’s appreciation for its technical director has apparently cooled since.
Beenhakker, Rijsbergen and Corneal will benefit from the shrinking of Phillips’ duties while the Technical Department may become redundant.
It is debatable whether Trinidad and Tobago’s chance of qualifying for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa is improved as a result.
An impoverished Eastern European nation and a clever, elderly Dutch coach could be just as relevant to the Warriors.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2006, 08:14:13 PM »
Well Well Well...

This has certinely added a new dimension to the whole senerio. Why is the plan changing again ? Just the other day we were so happy to bring in Lincon Phillips because of his vast experience and obvious success in the development of US Soccer.

What has changed ?

OK so the local coaches not up to the standard...well why not involve more of them in the set up to learn from the Dutch ?

I cannot understand this at all. I was so happy that Wim was taking over but at what expense ??

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2006, 08:31:10 PM »
Beenhakker, Rijsbergen and Corneal will benefit from the shrinking of Phillips’ duties while the Technical Department may become redundant.
It is debatable whether Trinidad and Tobago’s chance of qualifying for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa is improved as a result.
An impoverished Eastern European nation and a clever, elderly Dutch coach could be just as relevant to the Warriors.

This is a key quote that says to me the Corneals may have sold out Lincoln AND the other locals. Notice there is no room for Latapy in the coaching set up under this plan? Notice how their profile has increased since the world cup? Hopefully sense will prevail on this one.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2006, 11:47:42 AM »
All we need now is some foreign, policy wonks to sought out the gov't :-\

dats de last ting yuh go wah breds
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2006, 03:50:38 PM »
I remember Warner say that he was upset that lincoln has a better relation with   SCOTT  than the ttff. some time ago.
when is the next ttff election
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 03:55:22 PM by triniman »

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2006, 05:11:14 PM »
It's strange that Phillips salary is coming from local g'ovt  n not ttff.

Money set aside an unable to access due to red tape smells like politics, seems like pnm say look de money here, but yuh eh touching one cent until we have some pnm people to share in de pie,

jack say no way, that is why ah putting de dutch  men dey, so no body could say is ah unc ting.

pnm say;  Jack we eh falling fuh dat, you is ah unc an no way we giving you millions jess so.

Where do we go from here, stay tuned.........

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2006, 05:53:24 PM »
It is quite obvious to me that there is no intention to develope our own coaches, and it is mainly due to power and control issues in the hand of the wrong people. The only way a local coach is to get any experience is to leave the country(which is a loss), and when he develops that experience - if he is good enough to rise to the top of that foreign system (which by the way could only be US or Canada)- , would he return to the place that rejected him in the first place or that will shaft him in the short run, soon to be known in football circles as "the Linc" as opposed to the Link. I am happy to see that the Technical Department (and others) fighting those issues, and actually  trying to stick to ah plan that has so far been more successful than many even imagined.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2006, 09:11:41 PM »
Maxg what makes you think that the TD doesn't look out for local coaches? Don't you know that he was the one who told Leo not to bring a goalkeeping coach because Michael Maurice is an excellent coach. Why shouldn't a local coach go abroad to get some experience and credentials? Are you saying that is a bad thing? Who among the local coaches would be able to step into the national team position right now and be successful. I dunno maybe I reading your message wrong

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2006, 10:02:33 PM »
Maxg what makes you think that the TD doesn't look out for local coaches? Don't you know that he was the one who told Leo not to bring a goalkeeping coach because Michael Maurice is an excellent coach. Why shouldn't a local coach go abroad to get some experience and credentials? Are you saying that is a bad thing? Who among the local coaches would be able to step into the national team position right now and be successful. I dunno maybe I reading your message wrong

my wife asked me the same question, so yuh didn't read it wrong, it is my lack of clarity...so I will try to ans your questions oppossed to expl my statement, as part of my picture was painted in old post..excuse my long windedness
Yes the TD is quite competent in performance of duties, however he has been technically demoted, and as an empl of the government, who cannot make changes, only suggestions in the decisions of TTFF(fifa rule), is quite limited in power as to the direction of National football in the country. He could only raise there levels so far.
Let say he is doing a fairly successful job (coach development) and/or there are a couple good coaches(by training or fluke), they may not be able to afford an extended time away from their jobs or family to go away and spend enough time for further development, or if they do go, then it means the development system is losing the postive influence of those coaches, and most likely when they do go away, if they are good, ppl recognize this and make them offers that would probably give them not even more experiences, but better career and family perks. Not that some would not return, but when they return, they are still local, and viewed as such, and would probably not have a Real, Barcelona or Liverpool in there resume, the best we have done so far as far as I know is Canada, and ppl doh even give dem ah 2nd thought, to the effect when SH take his boys team to T&T and beat CFU teams, like nuthen happen, 1st it was only Canada, 2nd who cares who coach dem...(if ah Brazil fanclub-fete-match team did pass thru, they probably will recieve more bigup)..
Lastly, I am not advocating for us to have a strictly local coach as I really cannot say I know who are the local coaches available, though someone must...and nb by local coaches, I mean the same SH, Latapy, Coops, Walkes, Williams, Fenwick, and a slew of other of many teams at present, but ideally I would like to see any combination of 4 locals and 2 foreigns.and possibly the 2 foreigns available to all National teams..as well as one of of experienced locals who has a wide range of foreign experience (like Linc/SH) running the whole National program.....we will never be able to break the importation of the things we need, if we don't start the process of developing them ourselves...
Hope ah lil clearer

my wife say , yuh crying all that, - because, I coached as well - but you who aspired to coach in T&T, saying so and you stop pursuing your National level training, to which I responded, What would be the point ? I would never be qualified or experienced enough, cause ppl with way more than me, can't even get ah courtesy, call to say "well done"....is many times " steupes, he come back and feel he know more than everybody ", even if it is possible one might ......many learned individuals could deal with what they are learned in, not the rest of  BS that go along with the competition/political wranglings of the job..

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2006, 05:19:47 AM »
Well, if ya looking for pips from anyone back home then yuh settin yourself up for some real disappointment. There is no courtesy or interest in cultivating and biggin up we own. Its a leftover from colonial days. I know the TD has been trying to change this mentality in football. You're right that his impact is limited but not because he is a gov't employee; he isn't. Rather because Jack Warner is a very powerful, wealthy, and influential individual who does not want to share any power. There are times he relents, like in the case of Ron Atkinson, but he usually doesn't face the type of united opposition(players, technical committee, TD) that greeted him when he told everyone Atkinson was going to be the coach. There must be some foreign involvement but only under an arrangement that would develop future coaches. But when you have a reformer like the TD, he cannot be successful if the rest of us who give lip service to changes that need to take place do nothing but complain. Look at the impact Lasana Liburd had on his piece on Jack and the tickets. Because he took action, I am convinced many more people  were able to go to Germany.  In the end, I know the frustration you feel because yuh want to help your own and yuh gettin a kick in the ass instead.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2006, 08:00:47 AM »
I think that this article should be taken with a grain of salt. This article clearly was not impartial and it seems that this author has an axe to grind. This is the most organized position we have been in for years, possibly ever. No doubt there are problems and roles to be sorted out as one would expect since we haven't done this before. However, this bacchanalist approach of highlighting all the divisions is ridiculous.

TnT Patriot

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2006, 09:01:12 AM »
Well, if ya looking for pips from anyone back home then yuh settin yourself up for some real disappointment. There is no courtesy or interest in cultivating and biggin up we own. Its a leftover from colonial days. I know the TD has been trying to change this mentality in football. You're right that his impact is limited but not because he is a gov't employee; he isn't. Rather because Jack Warner is a very powerful, wealthy, and influential individual who does not want to share any power. There are times he relents, like in the case of Ron Atkinson, but he usually doesn't face the type of united opposition(players, technical committee, TD) that greeted him when he told everyone Atkinson was going to be the coach. There must be some foreign involvement but only under an arrangement that would develop future coaches. But when you have a reformer like the TD, he cannot be successful if the rest of us who give lip service to changes that need to take place do nothing but complain. Look at the impact Lasana Liburd had on his piece on Jack and the tickets. Because he took action, I am convinced many more people  were able to go to Germany.  In the end, I know the frustration you feel because yuh want to help your own and yuh gettin a kick in the ass instead.

Thanks for the feedback...Many of us who are quite willing to comeback and assist, are left in a limbo that all that is left is to complain, as our loved ones should not be made to suffer for our ignorance (and those we wish to help). The complaint might only be a result of that indecision.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2006, 10:58:54 AM »
this push ah side lincoln thing I eh like. Who looking after the small football, schools, grass roots all that. Who coaching the young up and coming coaches who working with we youths?
All T&T seem to be focusing on is the National team, but be warned the players have to come from somewhere, before they make National team.

1]; } ?>