April 28, 2024, 05:41:56 AM

Author Topic: Real Madrid sign Dutch striker Van Nistelrooy  (Read 6792 times)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Real Madrid will have a better season than Barca!
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2006, 10:12:44 AM »
link meh wit some of dah weed nah fadda.

add some honey to mines  8) Barca haters getting voice with the few signings eh!

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2006, 10:27:11 AM »
ok Licks4so, objectively speaking, Why u made that statement? You bought a big big defender and once partnered with a healthy Woodgate is a very strong pair of center backs. Cicinho on the right is a million times better than Salgado and R. Carlos decent as long as he stay on his medication. Emerson decent but not as good as he was (Gilberto outplayed him in the WC). Who is going to be your playmaker? Your best bet is Guti, Beckham on the right and I dont know who on the left. Now u have to juggle Fatboy, Raul, Cassano, maybe Van Nistleroy, Robinho and Baptista. Now one or two of these players might or should leave. Cassano in my opinion did not go to the World Cup because he went to Madrid.

I admit your defense is a lot stronger but you dont have Zizou anymore and your midfield is not as strong as 2 - 3 seasons ago. This is where Solari would fit in but oops he went to Inter.

Anyhow puff puff pass
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2006, 11:15:52 AM »
Wha make u come to that conclusion Zizou is gone there is noe definite playmaker in the side except the bad boi Guti.Capello  will have to eork majic .
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2006, 11:39:24 AM »
They have always been one of my favourite teams so i hope they are able to make a few statements this year but i am still lookung forward to a suitable replacement for the brilliance of zidane.

Offline LICKS4SO

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2006, 12:47:03 PM »
mad people listen....chemistry was the only thing missing..now they have dat watch and see.....ah say doh worry..not time to jump ship yet......

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2006, 01:32:06 PM »
Easy horsie.  Leh we see if Capello will bring that ultra Italian defensive style to madrid.  Barca will run riot over that shit.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Real Madrid sign Dutch striker Van Nistelrooy
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2006, 02:56:56 PM »
Becks was their best player last season, but that is sad considering the players they have.

I eh tink Guti is young at all
Real madrid really are demonstratng their strong youth policy under this new management.... with  Emmerson, Canavarro, Van Nistelroy, joining  fatboy and the youthful Beckham WAW !!
I guess the pessure there to win some silverware is so great that they want results now !
Pressures of modern day football may wll see the big clubs paying even bigger money for proven, but older stars, rather than giving the young players a chance.

they still have Cicinho, Cassano, Robinho, Guti, Ramos, Diogo, Mejia....so it not so much a weak youth policy as it is one of combining youth and experience...let us see how Capello will bring out de best with this mix.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2006, 03:02:10 PM »
The only ting allyuh could predict with certainty is that yuh will be watchin' de games on TV .....so everybody hush  ;D

MADRID 2007 !!!
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Real Madrid sign Dutch striker Van Nistelrooy
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2006, 09:15:06 PM »
Ferguson was reason I left United-Van Nistelrooy

By Mark Elkington

MADRID, July 28 (Reuters) - Dutch striker Ruud van Nistelrooy has said the breakdown of his relationship with manager Alex Ferguson was the reason for him seeking out a move to Real Madrid from Manchester United.

"My relationship with Ferguson had ended which was very painful. He did a lot for me, waiting for me while I was injured then giving me the chance to play and giving me confidence," Van Nistelrooy told a news conference at the Bernabeu on Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

"But what happened, happened. A good relationship ended. It was very disappointing for me."

The 30-year-old signed a three-year contract with the Primera Liga club after passing a medical earlier on Friday. No fee was officially disclosed but Spanish media reported it was about 15 million euros ($19.12 million).

Signing Van Nistelrooy for United from PSV Eindhoven had been a personal quest for Ferguson who pressed ahead with the move even after the striker failed a medical in April 2000.

The Dutchman then sustained a serious cruciate ligament injury while training with PSV a few days later but United stood by him and he eventually joined for a then-British record fee of 19 million pounds ($35.39 million) in 2001.

He went on to score 150 goals for the club but fell out of favour at United last season as Ferguson increasingly selected Frenchman Louis Saha to partner Wayne Rooney in attack.

The final straw came, Van Nistelrooy said, with his omission from the team for the League Cup final.

The striker, who scored 20 goals or more in four of his five seasons at Old Trafford, put in a transfer request two weeks ago and Real have beaten Bayern Munich to secure his services.

BROKEN RELATIONSHIP

"I finally decided my time was over after the (League) Cup final," he said. "That was when I became unhappy. It had nothing to do with the club or the fans. It was the relationship with the manager that broke. I thought it was best to leave."

"I had an incredible five years in Manchester and I will always remember my time there and the unconditional support from the fans."

Van Nistelrooy said he did not bear a grudge with Ferguson over the situation.

"I never got to say goodbye to Ferguson but there is plenty of time for that. I owe him a lot and that is why it was so painful."

Looking ahead Van Nistelrooy said he was excited about linking up with former team mate David Beckham.

"It will be great to be reunited with him. I had two years with him at United before he left and I missed him as a person and a player," he said.

"I am keen to come here and to show my qualities."

Real president Ramon Calderon said: "We are delighted to be able complete the signing of another player requested by our coach Fabio Capello. He is a goalscoring machine with great technical abilities, good with his head and both feet.

"This won't be the last time we are up here presenting players. We are making a great effort to construct a winning team to break this run of three seasons without a trophy."

Van Nistelrooy is Real's third signing under their new president following Italy's World Cup-winning captain and defender Fabio Cannavaro and Brazil midfielder Emerson.

The Dutchman now faces the challenge of competing with Raul, Robinho, Julio Baptista, Antonio Cassano and World Cup record goalscorer Ronaldo for a place in the Real attack.

T&T welcomes back...the King

1]; } ?>