April 25, 2024, 10:01:41 AM

Author Topic: Roberto Carlos set for shock Fener move  (Read 4016 times)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Roberto Carlos set for shock Fener move
« on: July 29, 2006, 11:32:45 AM »
Reports in Spain claim that Roberto Carlos is on the brink of completing a move to Fenerbahce.
The news comes as something of a shock with the Brazilian set to snub a contract extension at Real, and the chance of a move to Chelsea, to join the Turkish outfit.
The 33-year-old has spent ten years at the Santiago Bernabeu having joined from Internazionale in the summer of 1996.
He has made nearly 350 appearances for Los Merengues scoring some 44 goals, but the association is now seemingly at an end.
Carlos was offered a lucrative two-year deal by Chelsea prior to the World Cup, but with The Blues having turned their attention to Ashley Cole he has now agreed terms with Fener.
Ironically, his imminent departure could see Madrid attempt to hijack Chelsea's move for Cole with the Spanish giants having been linked with the England international in the past.
Carlos' repeated flirtations with the Londoners seemed to sour his relationship with Real and their fans and made his impending exit this summer almost inevitable.

www.SkySports.com

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Roberto Carlos set for shock Fener move
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 11:38:38 AM »
Fenerbache are a good side, he could still get CL run

they prob paying him real plenty tho

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 12:18:42 PM »
MONEY!!!!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 12:47:25 PM »
There are a couple other brasileiros there as well I think. Wasn't Alex there lasts season. He might have recommended it to R Carlos...but in the end..Small Mag hit the nail on the head..Money talks

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 08:58:29 PM »
Maybe he can teach the turks how to keep their hands on their knees when a free kick comes in!!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 01:32:44 AM »
Also Zico is now Fener's Coach.

So maybe Zics sweet talk him a little bit.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 03:23:58 AM »
f**kin idiot. he snubbed the premier league just to play in turkeyt. just, like rivaldo. i thats why i dont fuuly respect brazilian players due to their seeming  reluctance to play in the premiership

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 03:27:35 AM »
f**kin idiot. he snubbed the premier league just to play in turkeyt. just, like rivaldo. i thats why i dont fuuly respect brazilian players due to their seeming  reluctance to play in the premiership

well yuh hadda understand... Brazillian football is alot slower than Premiership football... quite possibly theyre just trying to play to their strengths.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 12:11:38 PM »

why? Is either premiership or nothing fuh you? You talking as if it is de league to end all leagues. Boss club football doh revolve around the EPL alright.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 12:43:21 PM »

well yuh hadda understand... Brazillian football is alot slower than Premiership football... quite possibly theyre just trying to play to their strengths.
didn't think think that as a possibility, but its a satisfying answer.

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 12:55:32 PM »

why? Is either premiership or nothing fuh you? You talking as if it is de league to end all leagues. Boss club football doh revolve around the EPL alright.

well, i'm not that naive ;) , but i just dont  like when men always putting epl behind both serie a and la liga . serie a is currently  third  due to what is known  by any soccer news follwer .i simply wish to see more brasilians in  the world class epl . despite the  league  doing well without much of them .

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 01:01:06 PM »

well, i'm not that naive ;) , but i just dont  like when men always putting epl behind both serie a and la liga . serie a is currently  third  due to what is known  by any soccer news follwer .i simply wish to see more brasilians in  the world class epl . despite the  league  doing well without much of them .

you cah be serious....doh let yuh biasness blind yuh

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 04:23:20 PM »
I jus vex i n left footed. natural left footers just in high demand oui steups.  duff get ppl fighting 4 him now cole
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 04:29:01 PM »
well, i'm not that naive ;) , but i just dont like when men always putting epl behind both serie a and la liga . serie a is currently third due to what is known by any soccer news follwer .i simply wish to see more brasilians in the world class epl . despite the league doing well without much of them .

I never knew it had men on this forum who use de "S" word!!

lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 01:56:20 AM »
well, i'm not that naive ;) , but i just dont like when men always putting epl behind both serie a and la liga . serie a is currently third due to what is known by any soccer news follwer .i simply wish to see more brasilians in the world class epl . despite the league doing well without much of them .

I never knew it had men on this forum who use de "S" word!!

lol

obviously you aint love it.
thats what living in america and trying to be  politically correct is gonna do to you . is it on the rules and guidlines, since you seem to be an expert on that? [JUST  kicksin  friend]

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 07:14:00 AM »

Interesting you said that, pointman and I were discussing this recently, and it has always been my observation that, South Americans don't seem to fit the English style of play, you tend to see them in Spain and Italy.

Just my observation....

MickeyRat

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 09:39:32 AM »
What so shocking about that move?  Is MONEY!  Now he looking to apply he trade in turkey by hitting some serious bullet!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 11:32:13 AM »

Then you don't fully respect any south american players. and how many English players end up in Spain or Italy?...not that many. Do you disrespect English players because they don't try La Liga or Serie A enough? So why disrespect Brazilians (who play in La Liga and Serie A) for not moving to the EPL in greater numbers...I don't get it.

It has as much to do with language, culture and the fact that they will join and already established legion of their compatriots in these other leagues...as much as it has to do with style of play..or at least the perceived style of play. You may have noticed that Zico is the new manager of Fenerbace. Not sucha  big suprise that he'd want to play for a Brazilian legend. South Americans are starting to move to the EPL in greater numbers though...but not everyone is gonna want to play there...

anyhow..1) Rivaldo plays in Greece 2) I though real football fans follow the actual football...we don't rely on the news to tell us what is best 3) looks like R Carlos staying put....

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=374687&cc=5901
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 11:34:24 AM by Filho »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2006, 12:33:50 PM »
I eh go lie some ppl on dis site does make some real @$$ comments boy
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2006, 01:17:09 PM »

because he chose to play in Turkey instead of england he's a f***kin idiot ?

Well I wonder what does such retarded logic make you ?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2006, 03:00:36 PM »
Roberto Carlos to stay at Real Madrid

MADRID, July 31 (Reuters) - Brazilian defender Roberto Carlos has said he wants to continue with Real Madrid after speaking to new coach Fabio Capello.

"I want to stay at the club. I say it loudly and clearly," the fullback told Spanish sports daily AS on Monday.

After 10 years with Real the 33-year-old had hinted at a possible move at the end of last season, saying he had received an offer from English champions Chelsea for a three-year contract.

Turkish side Fenerbahce, now managed by Brazilian Zico, are also reported to be interested in taking the player who has one year left on his contract at Real with an option of another dependant on the number of games he plays next season.

"After returning from my holidays I feel good. Capello has given me new enthusiasm and I am a lot happier," he added.

"We have had a long chat and spoken about everything. He has told me he is counting on me, that he wants me in the side and that he expects a lot from me."

Roberto Carlos has yet to speak to Real sports director Predrag Mijatovic, who is arriving at their pre-season training camp in Austria on Tuesday.

"I would like to make sure of the second year of my contract so that I know I can continue in the team until 2008," he said.

"But we will have to see what happens. I have spoken to Capello and now I have to explain to Mijatovic what I told the coach."

Roberto Carlos, who has won thee Champions League titles with Real, retired from international football after the World Cup finals in Germany.

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2006, 03:28:25 PM »

because he chose to play in Turkey instead of england he's a f***kin idiot ?

Well I wonder what does such retarded logic make you ?

Well Ronaldo is ah imps because ManU wanted him and he eh go

But what about Kleberson who had an excellent 2002 WC for Brasil, went to ManU and hasn't been heard from since.

Més que un club.

1]; } ?>