June 16, 2024, 05:27:44 AM

Author Topic: Warner: My plans for Joe Public will always be consistent.  (Read 6294 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warner: My plans for Joe Public will always be consistent.
« on: July 30, 2006, 01:26:50 PM »
Warner: Joe Public will always be consistent.
By: Inshan "Flex" Mohammed.
[/size]

After speaking with Mr Warner a while back about his plans for Joe Public FC in the 2006 season and beyond, this is what he revealed to me. "My plans for Joe Public have always been consistent and this season it is no different, i.e. for the team to be totally professional in its outlook regardless of the league in which they play, that JPFC be the benchmark for other clubs in all areas both on and off the field of play and work continuously and consistently for the development of youth football in Trinidad and Tobago".
Mr. Warner even went as far as to defend his team when asked about all the foreign players that his club has signed for this season. "I have always maintained that we need to always stretch ourselves and strive to do better. If we always play with persons as the same level as us, this leaves no room for challenge, for growth. This is one of the reasons why clubs such as Joe Public are constantly on the look out for challenges that would help our team grow.  In any event, there are rules restricting the number of foreign players that are on the field during any one match and this has been deliberately done to give all players maximum exposure".
When asked if it will be possible for the fans on the Soca Warriors Online to listen to Joe Public or any Pro League club games live on the internet via a local Radio Station. Mr. Warner ended by saying that "this will have to be addressed by the Pro League administrators".

Note:

Just want to say thank you Mr. Warner for your time and your answers. Let the record show that JPFC coach Michael McCommie refused to comment this is why this article took so long to be published and partly in-completed.

These were the questions thrown out to coach McCommie.

1. Is this the first time you will be head coach of a local club team.
2. How high are you aiming for this season.
3. Do you feel enough is being done to market and run the League, is Dexter Skeene and Larry Romany the right men for the job then.
4. Which Pro League team(s) do you respect the most, in other words, who do you feel is capable of winning the Pro League other than W Connection or San Juan Jabloteh.
5. If you were asked to name the top 5 local coaches in T&T. Who will be on your list.
6. How was the experience playing for T&T in the 1991 Youth World Cup.
7. What are your plans for your future. Do you think you will be national coach one day.
8. If head coach Leo Beenhakker approached you and asked you to send your top 3 players from Joe Public for a national team trial, who will you send and why.

15-Apr-2006
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 01:40:45 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Warner: My plans for Joe Public will always be consistent.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 04:01:52 PM »
You mean Warner find the time to comment but not the coach.

Now dat strange.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 04:22:59 PM »
he too busy being on total footall

or

maybe he is ah cuba gooding jr............."show me the money!!"

ah love it
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 04:56:39 PM »
Wow yuh mean ah FIFA Vice President could find the time to answer questions but not McCommie had no comment.

Ah know some appologist wil come and say...we ent know the whole story blah blah blah. But for me there is no excuse. When I read that part ah say well Flex must be ask some commess questions..but yuh look at the questions and nothing in there to raise the man blood pressure.

Even Beenie answer questions.

Good work as usual Flex :chilling:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 02:46:44 AM »
McCommie is a dam ass.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline ttgapers

• dun know
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • ttgapers.com - the latest from the caribbean
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 05:15:46 AM »
McCommie is a dam ass.

sam be careful boss, cocoapanyol on the prowl for name-callers  :rotfl:

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=19507.0

ttgapers
ttgapers.com - the latest from the caribbean" style="border:0

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 05:41:01 AM »

Allyuh ent know de full story blah de man couldn't blah because while he was in de bedroom blah an he wife say is jus blah  so he pick up de 3c an blah dais why he in St blah now and football interview could blah blah
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 06:01:10 AM »
While I like your reply Mr Warner, if we have to strech ourselves and measure our talent why only Jamaicans or so many at your club ? are they that better than us ? I am sure their is a lot of talent in other countries that you can import, when you say "regardless of the league" are you tring to imply that JP compete in a poor league ? if thats the case then JP should win the league and have the top goal scorer then, I guess time will tell, that being said, good work with JP, they look ok, nice adidas strip btw..

As for McCommie, this is why local coaches will never get the respect they might deserve, they does get to swell headed to fast or never make the time for the fans. Their thinking and ability is very limited.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 06:05:30 AM by Flex »

1]; } ?>