April 24, 2024, 08:09:33 PM

Author Topic: TTFF Not as serious about youth development as first taught  (Read 3339 times)

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
Well first off i must commend the plans that Wm THE WHIP rijsbern has in place and i actually fel confident about the under 16's and their possible good showing

however at the end of august there will be screening for the under 20 national team with a view for the fifa under 20 championships in canada.....another comendation with the screening efforts TO A CERTAIN EXTENT

My issues is this....it is no secret i am trying to get onto the team and i have been in diligent training and such with at least 2 diferent clubs all with a view at keeping fit and sharpening my skills....furthermore i am also beingin pre season training wiht JOHN JAY COLLEGE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE in the CUNYAC (NCAA DIV 3) so truthfully i spend more time with a football than i do wiht my family or anyone else for that matter.....

however after establishing contact with the TTFF wiht the aim to be present at the screening i must admit like anyoyne who finds out there is still hope for your chance at  playing for trinidad at any level or sport i was filled with optimism...wont lie it actually even saw me increase my already large trainig schedule......which leads my mother and some to believe that i am studying football more than books.....

It was then it hit  me.....If we want the under 20 team to be the best it can be then why host screening so late if the info about the tournament was out long before.....the excuse form teh TTFF is that they want to get the under 16 ready...my statement is what does that have to do with this?????

Fact of the matter is that those of us who play abroad or in colleges see the beinging of their academic schedule start around the end of august....which is around the time they plan to beign screening....it would be disasterous to leave my school and academics along as jeopardise my place in teh college team all for screening.....yes it does sound like something that would be worth it somewhat but if a person does not make it in football then what would he have to fall back on????

so the dillemma for those like myself is either you risk academics for a chacne at a dream with your country or you give up a dream....

risks: what happens if your not selected you miss the beginig of your semester and you are drastically behind in your studies

if you do make the squad then kiss the semester and the money paid for it by your parents GOOD BYE

what would you forumites do or sugest???  FLEX???? TALL MAN ????  anyone??

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF Not as serious about youth development as first taught
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »
I imagine that would not be the sole screening opportunity.  In all honesty, you really don't get that much visibility playing Div. III, so you need to be proactive in getting yourself out there.  I would probably wait until the Christmas break, when I assume the team should be in training.  I would hope that a final screening would take place like they are doing with the U16, so that is another opportunity also.  It's a dilemma, but you shouldn't neglect your academics.  At your age (no disrespect), if you're not playing at a certain level, it makes it hard to progress.  That's the reality.  Why did you choose a Div. III school?  You're not going to get the type of press that would reverberate back home, where you would be on their radar.  That is the real problem.  If you were at a bigger school that was respectable, they would have been receiving media communication about your progress.  It's like you have to work extra hard to get your name out there, because you're at a low profile school.  Things will change soon, as they are about to set up a framework for all of our youth teams.  The last minute thing will done.  I imagine they will have session in Dec. for the foreign based U20, as I said, so I would take the gamble and wait till then. I would put school as a priority, and focus on having a solid semester in the classroom and on the field.  That would be a good start.  Then, maybe your performance would be enough to warrant a look from the coaching staff, upon the recommendation of your college coach.  All the best!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 05:04:04 PM »
the screen for the under 20 should have started and done already man  but you know we like last minute ting.

You could
1) Skip school year  start 2007/2008
2) Come try out return and fight fuh your spot on the team
3) Ripp up  lead CUNYAC to the championship then bugg the ttff for a trial (but yuh in the  NCAA div III so they may over look yuh)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 05:06:21 PM »
My take

1 - Nothing guaranteed in life

2 - Sometimes you take a risk and it pays off...other times it doesn't turn out how you would hope.  Hopefully whichever way it goes, you will have learnt something from the experience.

3 - TTFF far from perfect.  They could have done things earlier, they could have made better preparations etc but this is the reality.  You have a choice....either deal with it or step away.  Either way, yuh goin to face consequences.  

4 - I eh think anybody here could tell you which choice to make.  That's for you and possibly your family to decide.

5 - GOOD LUCK in whatever decision you make.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 05:30:04 PM »
trust me you and i have the same problem. but i want to say that i do not think that you have to be playing in a certain division to be considered a good player so that is non sense. Next the TTFF always trying to rush down thing and expect people to be ready whenever they call bullsh*t. i have been trying to play for the junior team for about two years now and never even get a call.Everytime i call they say they have nothing coming up now and thing..... But now i can play for the united states so ......... but for the record i play for Mercer Community College in NJ and we play and bet all major division 1 Big East teams sethon hall uconn princeton st johns i have played and all bet with there full squad  so go figure that out
All American

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 05:41:03 PM »
trust me you and i have the same problem. but i want to say that i do not think that you have to be playing in a certain division to be considered a good player so that is non sense. Next the TTFF always trying to rush down thing and expect people to be ready whenever they call bullsh*t. i have been trying to play for the junior team for about two years now and never even get a call.Everytime i call they say they have nothing coming up now and thing..... But now i can play for the united states so ......... but for the record i play for Mercer Community College in NJ and we play and bet all major division 1 Big East teams sethon hall uconn princeton st johns i have played and all bet with there full squad so go figure that out

MY point in bringing up the Div. II issue is because the TTFF is aware of the different divisional levels of the NCAA.  SO when they get press about players in the US, they have an idea about the level of competition for that league.  That said, it doesn't mean that he is an inferior player, but he will not be on the radar as a Div. I player who is ripping up the place will be.  We know that there are Div. II and III, and NAIA schools that does rip up Div. I schools.  That is old news .  I just brought that up in the context of my discussion.  Good luck guys.  Fight the fight!

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 05:45:31 PM »
trust me you and i have the same problem. but i want to say that i do not think that you have to be playing in a certain division to be considered a good player so that is non sense. Next the TTFF always trying to rush down thing and expect people to be ready whenever they call bullsh*t. i have been trying to play for the junior team for about two years now and never even get a call.Everytime i call they say they have nothing coming up now and thing..... But now i can play for the united states so ......... but for the record i play for Mercer Community College in NJ and we play and bet all major division 1 Big East teams sethon hall uconn princeton st johns i have played and all bet with there full squad  so go figure that out
I don't think that anyone was saying that you have to play D1 to be "good". The point was clearly made about exposure being at a DIII school. Also, like it or not it is natural to expect the average D1 player to be better than the average DIII player. DI schools spend more time and money trying to recruit the best players. Having said that, many excellent players play in DII and DIII for various reasons.

I hope things workout for both of you.

I do hope that in the future the majority of our U20 team are actually professionals. If we are really to improve and be regulars at future World Cups, this needs to happen. We need seasoned  professionals graduating to our senior team.

TnT Patriot

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 08:41:17 PM »
tenorsaw...the sad fact of the matter was that entering into high school as a trini straight into the american system my mother wanted me in a smart school first so it was more of a choice of education class over athletecis.....

NOW to get recognised by a div 1 school from new york....it is imperative that you either play for a profesional club and or for a DIV A PSAL (high school team) and sadly the only schools like that are not schools with even a OK graduating rate...

I was being scouted by a few schools but reality is only div 1 schools offer favorable financial substitutes...and my mother is a single parent with myself and a physical challenged son.....so these div 3 schools that are close to home were a really cheap yet good option of getting books with football involved

im hoping there is december screening as you guys said i had forgotten about that but it slipped my miin as my contact in the TTFF did not mention anything about december but merely told me that i owuld have to pay my own mway and just be here for screening...i shall consult him with the situation towmorow.....thanks all for your reply

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 09:15:48 PM »
Youthman if you think that you are good enough to contribute to the National Team then make the effort. Remember that if you get to play for the Nat Team then you could get a move to a better school as well. The important thing is to find out if they sceerning in Dec. If they are just make sure your grades are good this semester and play hard so that when the opportunity comes in Dec. you can take it with both hands(or feet :) )

Respect to the hard working youth who has a goal in life  :salute:

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 01:44:34 AM »
Yuh wont lose either way.

The good thing about education is that it never is too late and it never ends.  If yuh have ah break foot yuh could still get ah degree. Yuh can't play football with ah break foot.

I say that to mean that if you are good enough and you really think that you have a future in Football then go at it, and go at it hard.  You could always get a degree once yuh have the motivation, the brain and the passion. A footballer has a short time span in which to be successful so if you truly believe that you could/are something special as a footballer, give it a go. 

School and football is tough. Football at the highest level requires full attention because you are competing with players who like Birchall said practice 6 hours a day everyday just to be competitive. So anything less would put you at a major disadvantage.

Good luck in which ever you choose.  :chilling:

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 06:13:18 AM »
TTFF should not be a surprise when it come to planning. Why they had an U21 camp is beyond me. Some will say CAC games, fine! But CAC more important than the U20WC. How hard was it to set up something in June - July for the U20's. Very hard all man at the WC. So Ok what about July 15th. Then people want to know why players don't come back to play for T&T. This U20 is a great opportunity for us to move ahead on the back of the WC qualification, but nah.. 

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 08:35:22 AM »
Youth once your family ok with it and finacially it feasible take your chance cause u never know.
As rastaman say if it work out then good chance transfer to a  D1 D2 with good academic programs that suit yuh interest. Or stay where you are if u ok with that.  Good luck to you

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 09:04:24 AM »
Doblet750 and Garcia ask the mods and ye shall recieve  ;D

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?board=15.0

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2006, 11:51:38 AM »
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 07:45:31 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: garcia on July 31, 2006, 07:30:04 PM

I don't think that anyone was saying that you have to play D1 to be "good". The point was clearly made about exposure being at a DIII school. Also, like it or not it is natural to expect the average D1 player to be better than the average DIII player. DI schools spend more time and money trying to recruit the best players. Having said that, many excellent players play in DII and DIII for various reasons.

I hope things workout for both of you.

I do hope that in the future the majority of our U20 team are actually professionals. If we are really to improve and be regulars at future World Cups, this needs to happen. We need seasoned  professionals graduating to our senior team.

D I schools does not recruit the best players perse, they more often recruit the best athlete who can play soccer, as oppose to the best soccer player.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline goodfootball171267

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 12:54:43 PM »
Good Afternoon,
My advice would be to have a tape sent down with one or two of your best games and put together a "resume" along with a reccommendation from your present coach/coaches.  The hard fact of the matter is ... you have to be perceived to be better than anyone presently in the country. 
If playing for the country is your dream, then you should go for it.  You don't want to get our age and be saying ... coulda, woulda, shoulda.
TS

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 05:39:52 PM »
Good Afternoon,
My advice would be to have a tape sent down with one or two of your best games and put together a "resume" along with a reccommendation from your present coach/coaches.  The hard fact of the matter is ... you have to be perceived to be better than anyone presently in the country. 
If playing for the country is your dream, then you should go for it.  You don't want to get our age and be saying ... coulda, woulda, shoulda.
TS
hear me out i did all ah that!! thanks
All American

1]; } ?>