April 19, 2024, 02:23:41 AM

Author Topic: Who selected Wim ?  (Read 3490 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Who selected Wim ?
« on: July 31, 2006, 06:55:00 PM »
Can anyone say who selected  Wim for the job as national coach and whether anyone else had been considered for the position ?

I am just asking because taxpayers money is being spent now and I expect some accountability from the decision makers.

When warner spent his money he could pick who he wanted,  however if as he says he is not financing the ting again is he still making those decisions ?

Can anyone who knows for sure shed some light on the matter ?  I would prefer facts rather than speculation .
Thanks

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who selected Wim ?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 08:05:03 PM »
The experts here will tell you he was selected to carry on the "dutch" tradition.... and for continuity....  oh yeah, doh forget he foreign...  being caucasian doh hurt either...

Anybody know what the government is paying him?  This must be public knowledge. 

Oh sorry, who selected him?  Mustbe Beenie and Warner....

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 08:11:58 PM »
1.Who selected him ? Jack,Beenie,and some of the players,no one man selected him it was an agreement by all the above.

2.Who paying him ? TnT tax payers.....although this wuzn't agreed by... de doubles man in Curepe or de corn soup man in de quayzeh,neither de fig punch man in town,Chinky in St James nor 'B and M' icecream by de police station together wid de roti woman higher up from smokey and bunty ...none ah dem agree wid de tax ....

jes playing bro #1 is for real.  ;D

IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 08:28:32 PM »
1.Who selected him ? Jack,Beenie,and some of the players,no one man selected him it was an agreement by all the above.

2.Who paying him ? TnT tax payers.....although this wuzn't agreed by... de doubles man in Curepe or de corn soup man in de quayzeh,neither de fig punch man in town,Chinky in St James nor 'B and M' icecream by de police station together wid de roti woman higher up from smokey and bunty ...none ah dem agree wid de tax ....

jes playing bro #1 is for real.  ;D

Then I can clearly see where we are headed ........ no accountability ..
Ah ...tellalluh.... dat wegoin ...to de ...worldcup in ....2010

Sounds familiar guys ????

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 08:37:08 PM »
The experts here will tell you he was selected to carry on the "dutch" tradition.... and for continuity....  oh yeah, doh forget he foreign...  being caucasian doh hurt either...

how him being white and race come into this . People like you was no where to be seen when cuba and antigua was cutting we  ass under BSC and hannibal Najir carrying on our  local "tradition".
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 09:00:08 PM »
Palos wham wey yuh reply  ??? ???
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 09:23:58 PM »
Can anyone say who selected  Wim for the job as national coach and whether anyone else had been considered for the position ?

I am just asking because taxpayers money is being spent now and I expect some accountability from the decision makers.

When warner spent his money he could pick who he wanted,  however if as he says he is not financing the ting again is he still making those decisions ?

Can anyone who knows for sure shed some light on the matter ?  I would prefer facts rather than speculation .
Thanks

Who select Wim?  I eh know for sure, but I would have to think the same people who bin selectin we coaches fuh de longest while.

Gally (whose salary was partly funded by the T&T Government if I'm not mistaken)
Jamal Shabazz
Alvin Corneal (all dem times)
Edgar Vidale
Kevin Verity
Jan Zwarztijus (however yuh spell de man las name)
De Brazilian fella
BSC (multiple times & whose salary I also believe at one time or the other was assisted with by the government)
Jamal Shabazz
Zoran Vranes
Clayton Morris
Stuart Charles Fevrier
Jorgen Figge
Ron La Forest
Hannibal Najjar
Rene Simoes
Ian Porterfield

ETC

What was the selection process when Gally was hired?  BSC?  Any of them?  Who else was considered when Gally was appointed coach?  BSC?

Because we went a WC people expeckin dis drastic change where it have "accountability"?  Government has given money in the past to the TTFF DESPITE THE FACT that the TTFF are an entity to themselves and Government, as per FIFA statutes, cannot interfere with the running of any Football Federation affiliated with FIFA.

After seeing the impact the Soa Warriors had, both on and off the field in Germany 2006, the T&T Government in it's wisdom has APPARENTLY CHOSEN to invest in football knowing full well that the TTFF are answerable to no one other than FIFA.  Government can insist on accountable practices before dispursing funds but I believe that's about all that they can do.

So truly....KNOWING the Federation we have.  KNOWING it's history.  KNOWING the historical relationship between Government and the TTFF....who honestly expect this "accountability" to magically manifest itself?

Even if it did....what sort of criteria would this "selection process" have?  Who would vote on it?  Government?  Fans?  Local coaches?

The last coach that was hired was part of a short list when the PLAYERS outright rejected another candidate.  Sound like a form of democracy in action to me.

As I see it...the FOOTBALL people, in conjunction with the PLAYERS are the one's best equipped and most informed in making such a selection.  The fact that the PLAYERS were consulted was a VERY FORWARD STEP in my opinion.  What Roger Boynes or Patrick Manning go really know about who is best equipped to be T&T coach?

Just look at Jamaica.  England.  Brazil.  What was the selection criteria for their coaches?  Yes, we know who SOME contenders were...beause their sports JOURNALISTS actually do work rather than play a game of shouting louder dan de oddah one upmanship.  But anybody know de criteria dat was used to hire dem coaches?  How much WC dem win?  How much title dey have?  Who dey coach before?  Anybody know if those were part of the criteria?  Or is jes speculation?  Who made those decisions?  Portia?  Tony Blair?

So I put it to you....

Would this question be asked if Latas was appointed coach?  Would there be any call for "accountability"?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 09:35:58 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 09:44:08 PM »
...orh, ah din realize yuh was still typing  ;D
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 11:59:18 PM »
You might be de only person on this planet that believe race is no longer a factor in our everyday lives, believe me, it in football too, even the reverse kind but keep yuh blinders orn...

So you make de ASSumption that I was not arong den eh, so little you know, yet yuh form your conclusions, it's just a differring opinion padnah, yuh doh have tyuh agree with meh, just read, and agree to disagree or move orn....

Peace

how him being white and race come into this . People like you was no where to be seen when cuba and antigua was cutting we  ass under BSC and hannibal Najir carrying on our  local "tradition".

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 02:13:23 AM »

If memory serves me right I think before Beenie was appointed , ttff had resumes from proposed coachs and they reviewed them and came down to atkinson an beenie... the rest is history.
 So I guess based on beenie's recommendation an wim's resume he was selected.
But my earlier question was if his resume was good enuff to qualify him for the job?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 05:44:23 AM »
You might be de only person on this planet that believe race is no longer a factor in our everyday lives, believe me, it in football too, even the reverse kind but keep yuh blinders orn...

So you make de ASSumption that I was not arong den eh, so little you know, yet yuh form your conclusions, it's just a differring opinion padnah, yuh doh have tyuh agree with meh, just read, and agree to disagree or move orn....

Peace

Yuh Know they should ah but corneal ah blackman  that would ah make yuh happy ent  :clown:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 08:41:18 AM »

If memory serves me right I think before Beenie was appointed , ttff had resumes from proposed coachs and they reviewed them and came down to atkinson an beenie... the rest is history.
 So I guess based on beenie's recommendation an wim's resume he was selected.
But my earlier question was if his resume was good enuff to qualify him for the job?

u keep talking about resume..resume is not everything...wim already has experience with our team, the players approved of him as coach and although he has no big resume like Zagallo, Parriera, Scolari, etc..he has some experience in ocaching and has played at the highest level...Another reason Wim was selected instead of a big name coach is the fact that he will cost less and big name coaches may not be interested in coaching little TNT.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 09:04:18 AM »
Can anyone say who selected Wim for the job as national coach and whether anyone else had been considered for the position ?

When warner spent his money he could pick who he wanted, however if as he says he is not financing the ting again is he still making those decisions ?

Can anyone who knows for sure shed some light on the matter ? I would prefer facts rather than speculation .
Thanks

jai john,

the people that narrowed it down to Wim and the people that made the decision to hire Wim are two different sets of people. for example, beenhakker definitely had a role in selecting Wim. but was it beenhakker's decision? of course not - he not doing the hiring. is a group in ttff that doing the hiring.

so who are you looking for - the selectors or the decision makers?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 05:35:03 AM »

jai john,

the people that narrowed it down to Wim and the people that made the decision to hire Wim are two different sets of people. for example, beenhakker definitely had a role in selecting Wim. but was it beenhakker's decision? of course not - he not doing the hiring. is a group in ttff that doing the hiring.

so who are you looking for - the selectors or the decision makers?

I am looking to whomever is making the important footballing decisions especially those concerning the preparation of national teams now that funding seems to be available.

The reason for this is that some important statements from the last coach of the senior team may get lost if we are not careful. Beenie noted then that the local players were not up to scratch and that is why he was relying on the foreign based players even though many were playing in the lower divisions in england and scotland.

That statement must form part of any coach selection process as what is clearly needed is a developmental plan for locals and a developmental coach to bring players levels up to par with accepted international standards.

I dont know that Wim has this experience or has been given this task as right away I see he is involved in assisting or taking charge of a national under 16 for a tournament in 2 weeks ? THIS TOURNAMENT SYNDROME has been the brainchild of the TTFF for many years ...nothing seems to matter during tournaments. Some may argue that this was so becase it was the money making period for the TTFF and Warner had to make his money !

Developmental coaches sometimes dont get the credit they deserve but they are very important to every plan for success in football. Who, for example, is going to look at the colleges league to see if there is adequate time and pogranmmes to help players to develop ?

Is the colleges league which oversees players development from 12 to 19 , very important formative years , strong in the development of players or just concerned with winning and losing, promotion and relegation ?

Are we going to wait until the next two years when WC qualifying begins anew to recognise that if we continue doing things the same way we cant expect different results ? Is Beenie going to have to say the same thing next two years ?

Are we going to look to unretire players again in two years because the young ones are not ready ?

Now that football and footballers are receiving millions from the government as well as from the TTFF, there must be an accountability process not only for money but for the development of the game locally. we already know of the huge impact football has on the psyche of the nation.

The money now given to football belongs to taxpayers and not the government and is in direct competion with money to be allocated for the provision of important goods and services, crime prevention and certainly the increase in old age pensions given the escalating inflationary trends . How pensioners survive is beyond me !

I dont know that any group of footballers and Warner, given his history, and a few former coaches can internalise the importance of proper management.

Football now is big business and management consultants are part and parcel of the world business plan.
The place to look for developmental programmes , in my view, is South america, mainly argentina and brazil, because they continue to produce excellent young players and win major tournaments.
Any decision outside of the selection of a proven developmental coach with a proper management structure to manage finances etc will be questioned by me as I am sure by many others.

Finally, i must ask whether the dutch style of regimented football will attract the young players to come give up their street basketball and nintendos and MP3´s and come out to work hard in the savannas of T&T.

To play football in south america is the dream of every young boy and even girl nowadays, we must discover the secret which unlocks this desire for we are few and expect a lot.

If we dont know here we are headed any road will take us there !

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2006, 07:29:13 AM »
To play football in south america is the dream of every young boy and even girl nowadays, we must discover the secret which unlocks this desire for we are few and expect a lot.

HUH?  ???
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 08:39:14 AM »
« Reply #14 on: Today at 09:29:13 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: jai john on Today at 07:35:03 AM

HUH? 

I think he mean every kid from South America has a dream to play soccer or it's there only true desire. I don't believe he meant it how he wrote it.  ;)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>