April 20, 2024, 05:45:59 AM

Author Topic: glen scored a fine goal tonight  (Read 1695 times)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
glen scored a fine goal tonight
« on: June 18, 2005, 07:39:12 PM »
against metrostars. im a glen fan. i felt he shouldve been in the 18 man squad for the past 2 games. he should definetly be in the usa squad. yorke and stern dont work well together upfront.either have yorke and glen/jones or stern glen/jones. but at least glen should be coming off the bench with his speed.
Hart for president

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: glen scored a fine goal tonight
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 05:35:40 AM »
Watch Glen's goal
Click on "cornell schools former club" and "wells stops the PK"
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 05:50:14 AM by arrow »

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 06:35:33 AM »
no lie de man look like Powell dey breds.  Agoos had at least 3-4 steps ahead ah him, he jes speed poast him , take de ball and score a damn sweet goal.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 07:10:37 AM »
This makes it very interesting! i have been saying all this time that glenn and hector sam are battling for a spot on de bench.  both are extremely talented players but they come with considerable doses of inconsistency.

Sam was the better of the two in the matches leading up to the last two qualifiers and hence he was chosen.  A choice that i agreed with since i saw all the practice games. 

Now with glenn showing some form and given his history against the USA, he will be a shoo in for the gold cup and ultimately the next game.

Beenie man has a really good headache right now.  who to drop? and who to start?  I think he might play either hector or cornell on the left wing.  Give each of them a half and tell them to run at them like crazy!!

but with them comes a defensive liability.  Our left back (avery john) has to be strong, and our defensive midfielder (Whitley) has to cover more for the absence on the left! 

With that said, Beenie man might opt for a stronger defensive midfileder, like fitzpatrick!!

This is geting interesting....very interesting

ah love it!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 07:36:38 AM by andre samuel »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 07:53:09 AM »
Andre there are portions of the post i disagree with  granted that other players need to adapt to certain players to accomodate them if cornell and samuel and sam and toger and these boys wanna get a position on the team then they have to work harder and play both offense and defense our midfield and defense already plays under pressure no one is gonna acomodate these options as attacking players that we accomodate  defensively for a number of reasons
1 none if them are maradonas or peles
 2 we play total football
3 Our defense and midfield are not the strongest so players have to support them
4 bigger teams thna trinidad have star players playing defense and offense so who the hell are we to accomodate players to only go forward  when they should be doing it defensively and offensively
5 these same players when ask to contribute defensively on their club teams they will then why shouldnt they on their national team.
 If these guys want the spot they have to do it both ways and they have the added advantage of haviing  more pace than others on the team so it comes down to desire...... which they better show else beenie will sub their ass.

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 12:10:44 PM »
Nice Goal. He has some serious wheels and it was a clinical finish.

He certainly needs to be considered for the squad. If not the starting 11 then definitely coming on as a sub.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 07:04:54 PM by BigToe »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 01:15:09 PM »
i am not saying that the men will not run back and give any effort to defend.......i am just saying that just as u have players who dont do well in attack but they can break up a play at the back....there are players who can do well up front but they just cannot mark!! (a la russell latapy).

glenn and sam (even though they try) are not good defenders (rahim on that boat too) so i was just pointing out that their lack of defensive ability have to compensated for by other players!!

« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 03:31:20 PM by andre samuel »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

jusme

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 02:27:48 PM »
yes it was good to see him score last night.  I watch his last 2 games and he needs to work on his first touch.  Unless he running onto the ball into open space, he loses it.   Another thing he have a tendency to do is run over the ball.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 09:29:38 AM »

1]; } ?>