April 17, 2024, 09:21:33 PM

Author Topic: Mexico vs Brazil Today  (Read 5030 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mexico vs Brazil Today
« on: June 19, 2005, 11:17:26 AM »
Ah see some forumites had some discussions about how we would stand up against the Mighty Brazil. Well being the optimist... I think this game is the  closest we might come to playing them before we meet dem up "in de flesh" in Germany 2006 ;D

Confederation Cup
Mexico vs Brazil 2:30pm on Fox Soccer Network and Univision (Spanish Station)
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Mexico vs Brazil Today
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 01:21:20 PM »
What the hell was wrong with the first penalty Borgetti scored?
I stop paying attention next thing i seeing they taking it again.....AND THEN AGAIN

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 01:24:13 PM »
one of the mexicans jump in the box before he shot.  Then on the next one that hit the post a couple of brazilians did the same thing.  what a waste of a chance to go 1 up on Brazil.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 01:30:29 PM »
talk bout a ref mucking up a simple penalty.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 01:30:58 PM »
Same goes for de ass encroaching in the box.  >:(

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 02:04:44 PM »
Borgetti now score a header.
Mexico getting real chances.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 02:27:10 PM »
If Mexico could beat Brazil...dat mean we could draw with the Samba Boys  ???

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 02:32:16 PM »
For TNT Warriors: 'There is nothing to fear than fear itself"

Who is to say what results we could produce aganist the best?? If we play like we did aganist Mexico with a first class keeper where could we possibly end up?

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 02:37:47 PM »
Well done Mexico! Yuh bring down de giants. Borgetti as usual was de danger man.

Mexico 1 vs  Brazil 0
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 03:29:53 PM »

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol ll lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2005, 04:14:13 PM »
Adriano threw away that game. He should have at least scored 1

That Mexican team was much sharper today than against T&T. It goes to show the importance of sound tactics in winning games. Mexico was the better team in the second half thanks to the change of tactics.

We have a very good coach and I think we have enough ability to at least finish 4th and beat the Asian team. Furthermore I don't see Costa Rica, Guatemala or Panama stopping us from getting the 3rd place.We are missing one or two players to complete the puzzle.

The Brazillian coach will be fired if Brazil does not win that Tournament. The Brazillian Public will accept no less. The fans must blame the coach when the best player in the world (Ronaldinho) fails to make a note in two games successively. Roque Junior is a big shithound ! (I wouldn't start him for Trinidad)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2005, 04:28:31 PM »
Guys we have to give credit where credit is due Mexico is a damn good team,though i have not seen T&T play lately we really must have improve a lot to put ourselves at that level,we can't say if Mexico beat Brazil we could tie with them if we were to play them,that's so unrealistic,remember it's not the first time they have done it.That's why i keep saying why are we talking about Germany and we still fighting to qualify from our group,nothing is guaranteed in this game lets keep our fingers crossed.   

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2005, 05:42:50 PM »
Roque Junior is a big shithound ! (I wouldn't start him for Trinidad)

I was shocked as hell to even see him captaining the side..he couldn't even make it at Leeds...talk bout overrated..I guess once you have the title "World Cup winner" you could get and do anything you want.About 50% of Brazil 2002 squad was shit and don't even talk bout France 98 squad...LeBeouf and Diomede world class my arse!!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 05:45:30 PM by Feliziano »
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2005, 06:32:52 PM »
Actually Mexico played the way we played when we faced them in Mexico.

They played a containment type of game and looked to score on the counter.

Brazil was the better team, but they did not convert their chances.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2005, 06:48:25 PM »

I was waiting for some fool to make that analogy  ::)

well if you couldn't pick up on the sarcasm then i wouldn't be so quick to call anyone else a fool.  You been living up in de cold too long breds
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 06:50:55 PM by arrow »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2005, 06:51:35 PM »

I was waiting for some fool to make that analogy  ::)

well if you couldn't pick up on the sarcasm then i wouldn't be so quick to call anyone else a fool

yes i did but i will say i'm sorry for making it seem bad..no offence
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2005, 06:53:17 PM »
Lewwe not fool weselves.

If Brazil play TT we will get no less than 8.......It will resemble something like the 7 they put on Haiti last year.

Mexico played an excellent tactics game...They showed how to defend. 4 men in a block at all times protecting the keeper. One midfielder rushin to tackle.

It just was not Brazil day in the sun. The score could have been 3-0 ion favour of Brazil had they taken their chances.

. :-[ ??? >:(

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2005, 07:41:03 PM »

Mexico could have won that game 2-0
They did a good job shutting down Adriano and had some good luck to keep out the ones he got on goal.

Mexico gave as good as they got in that game....dey play a big game and Borgetti score a boss goal.
I hope they keep it up when WC roll around.....to do that they will have to rest all their players at the end of this WCQ   ;D ;D

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2005, 09:29:31 PM »
Lewwe not fool weselves.

If Brazil play TT we will get no less than 8.......It will resemble something like the 7 they put on Haiti last year.

So what about Jamaica's 1-0 loss to Brazil last year?  What was your prediction for that game?  Or maybe Jamaica should be a top 10 team and we doh realise it?

I just find yuh quick to write we off.  CONCACAF get some validity with this result. There's no need for you to discredit us like dat.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2005, 09:42:42 PM »
This is just an example of a team with more determination and heart winning the game. These qualities often trump talent. e.g. South Korea in the last world cup, Mexico today, Trinidad in 2005.
We just need to exhibit this type of grit and discipline, and play to the plan that our excellent coach puts together.
In 1989 we had the desire until the country started celebrating before we accomplished anything.
This is our year fellas, we can do it. Let us follow Mexico's example today.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2005, 09:48:55 PM »
PS
Jah Goal,
How can you say that Ronaldinho failed to make a note?
The man set up goal for Adriano and he man throw away.
I have never witnessed a player who commands such respect from defenders as Ronaldinho.
The only other players I have witnessed in his class are Maradona and Ronaldo before injured his knee for the first time. (Let's not forget how GREAT Ronaldo was. He truly was legendary b4 he got injured and consequently fat)
Ronaldinho has bad games like everyone else, but despite this he always leaves his mark.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2005, 11:17:14 PM »
Brazil doh take these kinda tournaments seriously. Adriano come like ah Serginho. Talk about throw away. Is not Brazil first string out there as usual. De final touches will be in place fuh de WC. Like meh Brazilian padnah tell meh, which cup yuh want to hold up...de Confederations or de WC. As far as Brazilans concerned he say, WC Qualifiers and dem minor tournament is fuh looking at players only. Qualifying is a guarantee. What a luxury to think like dat!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2005, 07:27:43 AM »
PS
Jah Goal,
I have never witnessed a player who commands such respect from defenders as Ronaldinho.
The only other players I have witnessed in his class are Maradona and Ronaldo before injured his knee for the first time. (Let's not forget how GREAT Ronaldo was. He truly was legendary b4 he got injured and consequently fat)
Ronaldinho has bad games like everyone else, but despite this he always leaves his mark.

I'm agreeing with you. Ronaldinho commands more respect from defenders than any player I've ever seen, I,m too young to have seen Maradona play but I',ve virtually hours of video clips of him. From what I saw ,Maradona played at a time that was much less physical and at slower . In this respect I think Ronaldinho could become even better than Maradona.

That's why I said he didn't make a note. For a player of his ability he didn't look exceptional in the past two games and in the first half of Argentina game. These things happen, I know. But Ronaldinho is BIG PLAYER and BIG PLAYERS step up in BIG MATCHES. I still think Brazil will win that tournament because Ronaldinho will step up.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2005, 07:56:02 AM »
PS
Jah Goal,

I'm agreeing with you. Ronaldinho commands more respect from defenders than any player I've ever seen, I,m too young to have seen Maradona play but I',ve virtually hours of video clips of him. From what I saw ,Maradona played at a time that was much less physical and at slower . In this respect I think Ronaldinho could become even better than Maradona.

That's why I said he didn't make a note. For a player of his ability he didn't look exceptional in the past two games and in the first half of Argentina game. These things happen, I know. But Ronaldinho is BIG PLAYER and BIG PLAYERS step up in BIG MATCHES. I still think Brazil will win that tournament because Ronaldinho will step up.

Much less physical????? Slower??? Please, watch Argentina versus Belgium 1982 and tell me if it is much less physical. No Ronaldinho does not command more respect from defenders than any other player. Ronaldinho is going through what all great players went through. If you were to watch the 74 WC final, Cruyff had an individual follow him around the entire field, no even worrying about the ball and brutally kicking him down if the ball even came close. Great players adapted found ways to help the team, look at Maradona in the 86 final. Ronaldinho is trying to play in the same manner that he always has and consequently is running into trouble. Have to fear he will soon learn to adapt his game, through this experience. The bottom line is Brazil wated their opportunities and Mexico scored theres. Adriano for all his ability, is no Ronaldo. He is very one footed and that slight hesitation in the box cost him in this game. Have no fear Barzil will prevail, remember last Confederation cup they got knocked out early and turn around and won the WC.
As for Mexico they have the unique ability to raise their game another level. They have beaten Brazil before and Italy, and many other big names for that matter.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2005, 07:59:04 AM »
2nd that back in the day men used bite hard
that spanish man goycachea defender call him the butcher from seville diego get way more kick than any player these days- men coulda tackle from behind.
the italians was famous for them thing too.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2005, 08:26:10 AM »
I maintain my statment. I've seen games from the late 80's early 90's. The speed of game has increased tremendously. I'm not saying men didn't get tackled hard but comparing what I've seen of old football and what I see today it's almost a different game.

Even Franz Benkenbuer (I don't think I spelt that right) said that the game is much faster and more physical . He said that there would probably never be a player like him (libero defender) again because the  game is too fast. It must be said though that these men deserve special credit because they played without the advances in equipment and without the advances in physical training and nutrition.

Fifa released a report after the 2002 World Cup showing how teams are compensating for a lack of technncal ability with superior physical ability. In leagues such as Italy and Spain especially ,if a player beats one and then maybe two, the third player is not neccessarily trying to get ball, his primary objective is to impede in further progress by the attacker. It creates a much tighter game with much less space and fewer oppurtunities at goal.

That's why I rate Ronaldinho so highly. He makes the game much more exciting not just because he can beat a defender but because he changes the game. Defenders can't just treat him like an ordinary player because if they do he will completely dismantle their defense.

I challenge you to name any player in the world right not draws two and three defenders to him on virtually every play. Ronaldinho is no means a normal player, Carvalho of Chelsea, Salgado of Madrid and Nesta of Milan can personally confirm that fact

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2005, 08:37:02 AM »
ronaldinho is very good excellent player dangerous kinda arrogant cocky too- beat men and laugh at them.
long way to being better than maradona.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2005, 08:47:46 AM »
So what about Jamaica's 1-0 loss to Brazil last year?  What was your prediction for that game?  Or maybe Jamaica should be a top 10 team and we doh realise it?

Also do you remember Jamaica 0-0 vs Brazil in a friendly at the Orange Bowl years ago.

Breds I know TT improving but is only Panama we beat. We have a long way to go.

Jamaica I thought woulda get 4 in both games and I was surprised they did well but you cannot take that away from them. They do not ever get Embarrased. They might get licks but blowout few and far between from them. Even if they losing they doe ever drop they head
or give up. They have a fighting spirit we need to emulate.

We get more than our fair share of blowout and from shit teams.

Jamaica has been ranked higher than us for years now and they deserve their place.

Mexico play a tactically good game and Brazil had an off day. These things happen.

I would reiterate.....Yes TT would get at least 7 from Brazil

Maybe 4 if Leo in Charge at least 10 if Bertille in charge

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2005, 08:48:20 AM »
I maintain my statment. I've seen games from the late 80's early 90's. The speed of game has increased tremendously. I'm not saying men didn't get tackled hard but comparing what I've seen of old football and what I see today it's almost a different game.

Even Franz Benkenbuer (I don't think I spelt that right) said that the game is much faster and more physical . He said that there would probably never be a player like him (libero defender) again because the  game is too fast. It must be said though that these men deserve special credit because they played without the advances in equipment and without the advances in physical training and nutrition.

Fifa released a report after the 2002 World Cup showing how teams are compensating for a lack of technncal ability with superior physical ability. In leagues such as Italy and Spain especially ,if a player beats one and then maybe two, the third player is not neccessarily trying to get ball, his primary objective is to impede in further progress by the attacker. It creates a much tighter game with much less space and fewer oppurtunities at goal.

That's why I rate Ronaldinho so highly. He makes the game much more exciting not just because he can beat a defender but because he changes the game. Defenders can't just treat him like an ordinary player because if they do he will completely dismantle their defense.

I challenge you to name any player in the world right not draws two and three defenders to him on virtually every play. Ronaldinho is no means a normal player, Carvalho of Chelsea, Salgado of Madrid and Nesta of Milan can personally confirm that fact

FIFA Report which states Physical Ability is not refering to physical play. In Physical Ability they are talking about running, speed & power. the ability to recover quickly or attack quickly in numbers.
I will maintain todays game is not as physical (in terms of tackling) as in the past. Not to mention the nastyness that use to o on off the ball. However, if you do not agree that is fine, I will say this just look at the old games and the tackling and kicking that went on. Man like Gentile, Goycochea, Lorimer, Styles, Vogts and the whole Inter Team use to brutalize the likes of Esuebio, Pele, Cruyff & Diego. This was done on and off the ball. get the video Brazil vs Holland 1974 and then get back to me.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>