April 18, 2024, 02:19:53 AM

Author Topic: Mourinho Dismisses Liverpool Chances  (Read 5068 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Mourinho Dismisses Liverpool Chances
« on: August 02, 2006, 01:08:37 PM »
i like mourinho too bad, mind games all de way!!
ah love it!!

www.soccer365.com

Jose Mourinho claims Manchester United and Arsenal pose a bigger threat to Chelsea's Barclays Premiership crown than Liverpool.

The colourful Stamford Bridge manager disagrees with captain John Terry's prediction that Rafael Benitez's men will be leading the chasing pack in the race for the title this season.

Liverpool have bolstered their attack with the arrivals of Craig Bellamy and Jermain Pennant but Mourinho believes United and Arsenal will be stronger, especially with the respective arrivals of Michael Carrick and Tomas Rosicky.

He said: "I still believe that Man United and Arsenal will be the biggest threat, in spite of the fact Arsenal finished fourth and Liverpool third. They will still be the better teams.

"I say that because of the quality of their football, the way they play, the improvements in their squads.

"Man United will improve a lot by having Michael Carrick. He's a very, very good player and he will improve them.

"United have had some problems since Roy Keane went to Celtic. But they have already a very good team and don't need 10 players to improve their team, they just choose the right players for the right position.

"It's the right choice to get Michael Carrick. He's a big improvement for them and I think they can be a very strong team.

"Arsenal were not successful in the Premiership but had success, you can say that because they reached the final of the Champions League playing always very good football.

"They have a very good group of players, and some young players with great motivation. Rosicky is also a very important player for them and can bring them the kind of quality - I don't want to compare him to Dennis Bergkamp because he was more than special - but Rosicky can bring that kind of quality to the left side. I think they are a very strong team.

"Liverpool are different. They are very competitive, it's very difficult to beat them. If they score a goal before you score it's very difficult to change it because they defend really well with 11 players very, very compact.

"They are tactically very good. And they are potentially fighting for the front pack but I still fancy more the way Manchester United and Arsenal play football."

But Mourinho believes Chelsea have raised the bar further with the additions of Andriy Shevchenko and Michael Ballack.

Ashley Cole is expected to follow and the Portuguese boss added: "In leagues with 38 or 42 matches, the best team wins.

"It's different in knockout competition where anything can make a difference, but not in the Premiership. We were the best team for sure in England in the last two years.

"The fight is against ourselves. We must challenge ourselves. We don't need for other people to put pressure on us. We have to put pressure on ourselves and push us with big motivations to keep improving.

"The new players we have are not many but are high quality players and they are new motivation for us. Sheva and Ballack don't come here just to make more money, they don't come here to learn English or enjoy London they come here for a big challenge.

"It's a crucial part in their career at 29-30 and they come here to find a new challenge and be successful.

"I was telling the players this group here the way they are working together reminds me of our group in the first year I came here. In the first year from the first day we were feeling and smelling a fantastic group and a great family.

"These kind of feelings are back. We feel very, very comfortable all together, living together and working together. Of course leaving our wives and families behind is difficult and that's normal but we feel very very comfortable.

"I don't believe it will be easy for other clubs to stop us because we are building a very strong football team and also a very strong family."

www.soccer365.com

This is the difference, this is why Chelsea will not be a Real Madrid!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mourinho Dismisses Liverpool Chances
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 03:08:15 PM »
This gives me the impression that Liverpool is the team he fears most this season.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 04:25:00 PM »
THE MAN IS JUST A BOSS,HE KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS SAYING AND WHY HE IS SAYING IT.WHO SAY CHELSEA.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 08:11:36 PM »
Ever since he man-handled Alex Ferguson in the media when Porto had played Man U in the Champions' League way back when, it is clear that Jose eh fraid NOBODY! Jose eh have a degree in psychology fuh nutting.  He know wha he doin'. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 08:18:02 PM »
When yuh have dah kinda ah talent yuh cud say wha yuh want, becuz yuh know yuh cud  back it up on de pitch.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 08:58:40 PM »
He fear l-pool,he always sayin someting about dem..

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 02:08:53 AM »
Let Jose talk...he may have the best squad in the world, but he could only put 11 of them out at one time...players need time to gel, and Chelsea playin a brand new formation...Chelsea may win the league, but he in for a fight

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 02:16:24 AM »
Yeah, yeah, yeah.  Ask him which of the Big Four does gfive heim the most trouble to beat and he might begrudgingly admit that it is Benitez.  He know that it have no reason for Benitez beating him than because he does be spot on with he tactics, and that does irk Mourinho.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 09:05:22 AM »
i guess is la liga for me dis year yes, chelsea only takin good excitin players and turnin dem into some borin f%£kery. bring back entertainin football, sex spanners cap de whole lot for de neutrals  ;D
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 02:28:19 PM »
Chelsea all de eff ing way, licks for buller man alex and arsene

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 09:54:48 PM »
Yeah, yeah, yeah.  Ask him which of the Big Four does gfive heim the most trouble to beat and he might begrudgingly admit that it is Benitez.  He know that it have no reason for Benitez beating him than because he does be spot on with he tactics, and that does irk Mourinho.

Ah willing to concede that you might be right.  Jose have an axe to grind with Liverpol and they phoney-ass coach and diving players.  Last year was the last time that they will have seen any success against Chelsea though.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 04:26:17 AM »
with Liverpol and they phoney-ass coach and diving players.

Let me hear you even try to defend that statement....

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 04:50:21 AM »

ah think he have he colors mixed up  ;D
is de team in blue dat does be diving all over the place and whining lol
and de coach is ah arrogant basket case by heself.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 04:59:05 AM »

ah think he have he colors mixed up ;D

Ah go deal wit allyuh when I get back home from work.  Start watchin' yuh tapes in de meantime.   :beermug:

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 05:22:56 AM »

Ah go deal wit allyuh when I get back home from work.  Start watchin' yuh tapes in de meantime.   :beermug:

Alright look, Gerrard dives and it disgusts me. I think that is the only point you have. Phoney-ass coach? Eh? What? Your tapes must be different from mine...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 05:39:43 AM »
what i hate most about liverpool and their fans is their hypocrisy... they think their team is the most fair in the world..

Quick to point a finger about chelsea and diving but...

- Gerrard, Mr. I-never-dive,  made a blatant dive in that friendly against Belarus to earn a penalty.. Not a word from anyone, not a whisper from the pundits, and even Ian wright come out and say well if everyone doing it best he do it too...

- Kewell dive against spurs last season to get stalteri sent off..

- That penalty in the CL final vs AC milan was a dive, but i could let dat pass cause he get throw off a lil bit.. Kinda like Henry dive in de world cup against portugal

- Crouch hair pull nuff said

I was arguing these points with a passionate liverpool fan and de man defense is that they do this for england, not for liverpool and de coach determines the behaviour of de players...... blaming that and all on sven u know!!

I have nothng against the coach though he is a master, and tactically, there is nothing between he and mourinho... The matchup between them go be interesting this year..

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2006, 06:01:36 AM »
what i hate most about liverpool and their fans is their hypocrisy... they think their team is the most fair in the world..

Quick to point a finger about chelsea and diving but...

I never said Liverpool is the most fair team in the world, and I don't think many (real) fans would say that either. The team has many redeeming qualities (history, 5 European Cups, stadium that may lack infrastructure but has a special atmosphere etc.) but I don't think "being the most fair team in the world" is one of them. Cheating is an international problem, and I hate it. But as a Chelsea fan, you have to admit that Drogba dives. A Utd fan MUST admit that C. Ronaldo goes down easy easy. I'm a hardcore Liverpool fan, but I try my best to be objective.

- Gerrard, Mr. I-never-dive,  made a blatant dive in that friendly against Belarus to earn a penalty.. Not a word from anyone, not a whisper from the pundits, and even Ian wright come out and say well if everyone doing it best he do it too...

Sadly, I agree as stated above. He had an even more blatant one against Bolton this past year where the defender wasn't even near him. He needs to cut that out, because it will start to ruin his legacy..

- Kewell dive against spurs last season to get stalteri sent off..

Stalteri was sent off because he fouled Kewell and the ref said there was no covering defender. I thought there was. I agree it was a harsh sending off; there was no doubt that it was a foul and there was no question of Kewell diving.

- That penalty in the CL final vs AC milan was a dive, but i could let dat pass cause he get throw off a lil bit.. Kinda like Henry dive in de world cup against portugal

No. I agree that it looks iffy in the first two replays, but the third replay clearly shows Gattusso shoving him. It wasn't a trip like people think. And I don't see the comparison at all with Henry against Portugal...but that's a whole different topic.

- Crouch hair pull nuff said

No excuse for that whatsoever.

I was arguing these points with a passionate liverpool fan and de man defense is that they do this for england, not for liverpool and de coach determines the behaviour of de players...... blaming that and all on sven u know!!

Well that just don't make sense...

I have nothng against the coach though he is a master, and tactically, there is nothing between he and mourinho... The matchup between them go be interesting this year..

True dat!  :beermug:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2006, 09:29:59 AM »
We will see. The Charity Shield will NOT be a friendly because Mourinho feels he has something to provve to Benitez.  He fraid that coach bad.  Not Wenger, not Ferguson.  ANd why not.  That man win La Liga twice with Valencia when Real and Barca was stacked with players.  He is ah boss!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »
Three years ago yuh could not find ah Chelski supporter, now dem popping up like weeds  ;D
Jose right to talk he is the Champion in the Premier, so he could say what he want. But ah know he boiling over for CL eh, especially since ah small youth mash dem up. but back to Premier, he need a good start and has to win, cause wid all dem stars if yuh eh winning is tears for the manager.

i agree with two things. Chelsea good and the dam boring. So me who neutral can't watch dem at all.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2006, 06:25:02 PM »

Alright look, Gerrard dives and it disgusts me. I think that is the only point you have. Phoney-ass coach? Eh? What? Your tapes must be different from mine...

Arright fellas, ah reach back from work and I done sharpen meh blade an' dem but ah see dat a couple men was battin' in meh crease while ah was workin' so that would relieve me of the responsibility of arguing the whole diving thing, but I will still add one more:  Cisse perform one HUGE  dive against Newcastle last season (I think resulted in a goal, but i really can't remember) and the remainder of their spanish contingent does their fair share of diving even if it goes uneventfully.  the reasons why I called Benitez a Phoney-ass coach has absolutely nothing to do with his coaching ability or tactical.......greatness, i guess, but, I don't like when he and Arsene9 like to whine and cry in the media about stuff and go so far that they look real chupid in the process.  Sometime during last season, Benitez was talking out loud in a press conference about getting rid of all the cheating in the game (diving, etc) but this is a coach whose premier player is Mr. Greg Lougainis   himself, sorry, I mean Steven Gerrard.  and then came the Cisse dive, methinks.  How you go talk out loud about "cleaning up the game" and yuh own players doin dey nastiness?!?!   I will let allyuh pull out allyuh tapes and look at Xavi Alonso, Luis Garcia and Kewell scuba highlights.  Jose does talk alotta shit when he ready, but ah never hear him  talk no holier-than-thou shit like Benitez and Arsene9.  Another example of Benitez dotishness was after the world club championship final against Sao Paolo, when he LAMBASTE  the referee and dem (wasn't his first time, either) for disallowing three liverpool goals (actually it was two and a goal scored after the ref's whistle was blown) after the game, he talk about getting FIFA involved andd everything but replays showed that the officials' decisions were spot-on.  One offside call MIGHT have been marginal.  But is shit like that does get me to dislike coaches and players wid a quickness. 
       People does call Jose arrogant, but when yuh really listen to what the man does be sayin' he really is a humble man, and is humble to the game of football.  He just ain't takin' no shit from the English media, the FA, UEFA and all dem other coaches he comes up against, but ah know men go call meh crazy.  Jose says some things sometimes that get on my nerves, too, but underneath it all, he is genuine and the players play for him and they all seem to have a genuine liking for him and an appreciation for taking alot of pressure off of them.  He will defend his players but set them straight when he has to. 
       Don't think I am only one-sided, though.  I cannot stand Robben and his antics and I don't appreciate when I see Drogba making a fool of himself, either.  But Drogba has some redeeming qualities that I like and I think the media and the fans can be a little unfair to him.  I like the addition of Ballack and Shevchenko, but I do not like the fact that Ballack is a BIG  diver, BIG TIME!!  I hope he leave dat shit in Deutschland!!  some of the other chelsea players does dive lil bit too, but not like frikkin' Robben.  I wish dey woulda sell him to some Siberian team or something.   

1]; } ?>