6 (11.3%)
Dennis Lawrence
10 (18.9%)
Silvio Spann
8 (15.1%)
Carlos Edwards
18 (34%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: who we should be grooming as new captain?  (Read 12895 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: who we should be grooming as new captain?
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2006, 02:37:21 PM »
flex have the clip in the goals section..birchall raised his 2 hands to celebrate along with other players. i trying to find goals where other players on the team score than you could see birchall raise his hand

no need to prove how he celebrates. There is no way to really prove what Birchy is doing. We cannot see his face, we cannot read his thoughts. Everyone is free to interpret the raised hand however they feel. You either believe he is celebrating, believe he is calling offside, or believe he get a cramp under his arms and hadda stretch it out

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2006, 02:47:42 PM »
It that clear cut ,I don"t know, it"s odd ,why would he do that that .I checked it about 20 times,he see"s the english player rise his hand then he rises his and looks over at the ass.ref.Thats not the way to convince a ref. that you scored .odd

Ps Kicker was right  ;D

yuh wicked  ;D

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2006, 02:52:48 PM »
Thats true we could never really know what he thinking so so back on topic who"s  should be the captain I think Carlos.:beermug:

« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 03:50:10 PM by Compre »

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2006, 04:41:30 PM »
Ah eh pick none ah dem, cuz so long as Yorkie stay fit, and still love de game, he is de perfect individual, tuh lead from his defensive midfield position. All yuh eh hear de man talking about Teddy Sheringham, dat is ah lil sign right dey. Now if yuh say ah vice captain, tuh stand in fuh him, in case of injury or unable tuh make de long trips from his club, fuh some ah we games, den dat make more sense tuh me.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2006, 05:25:59 AM »
Unless Yorkie stands down as captain he will be the captain. As long as we have a chance of getting to the World Cup in 2010 he will be there. Added to that I can't see anyone telling Yorkie to give up the armband before 2010.

As for the vice-captain, i feel it would be a good signal to give it to Whitley. He is a player who fought his way into the starting line-up and excelled whilst still playing local football. He would be a good example to all the youths playing football in T&T right now.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2006, 07:08:34 AM »
I think supa and remie may be correct

The bar for captaincy for the Trinidad & Tobago squad has been set quite high

The next captain of the T&T squad should be able to:

a) Arguably play multiple positions to fill in offensively/defensively when there is a mental lapse from other players

b) Take a full on 'bullet'  to the testicles, pour water on said testicles, watch the steam rise off testicles and come back on the field as if nothing had happened

c) Take a full on 'bullet'  to the testicles, pour water on said testicles, watch the steam rise off testicles and come back on the field as if nothing had happened

d) Take a full on 'bullet'  to the testicles, pour water on said testicles, watch the steam rise off testicles and come back on the field as if nothing had happened

Difficult criteria to say the least
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2006, 07:10:38 AM »
Carlos Edwards have my pick to be next captain and Birchall as vice. They are the leaders! :)
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock itit will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2006, 07:45:17 AM »
I think supa and remie may be correct

The bar for captaincy for the Trinidad & Tobago squad has been set quite high

The next captain of the T&T squad should be able to:

a) Arguably play multiple positions to fill in offensively/defensively when there is a mental lapse from other players

b) Take a full on 'bullet'  to the testicles, pour water on said testicles, watch the steam rise off testicles and come back on the field as if nothing had happened

c) Take a full on 'bullet'  to the testicles, pour water on said testicles, watch the steam rise off testicles and come back on the field as if nothing had happened

d) Take a full on 'bullet'  to the testicles, pour water on said testicles, watch the steam rise off testicles and come back on the field as if nothing had happened

Difficult criteria to say the least

you seem a lil obsessed with the idea of taking a lugah in the nut-ular vortex  :-\

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2006, 08:02:40 AM »
Not really...just trying to underscore the level of toughness needed to take over the reins of captaincy

Personally that stood out in my mind as to exactly how much of a soldier Dwight Yorke is...everybody else oohed and aaahed at the pretty & clean tackles

If I did collect dat in my nutz...international tv or not I crying like ah little gyirl for hours oui...big snat commin out mih nose an all...me eh care
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2006, 08:33:21 AM »
Not really...just trying to underscore the level of toughness needed to take over the reins of captaincy

Personally that stood out in my mind as to exactly how much of a soldier Dwight Yorke is...everybody else oohed and aaahed at the pretty & clean tackles

If I did collect dat in my nutz...international tv or not I crying like ah little gyirl for hours oui...big snat commin out mih nose an all...me eh care

I know..is ony kix ah on ;D. Fourfourtwo have a great WC edition...in one segment they describe how against England Yorkie keel over after taking one in he celebrity groinular and rub it back to life...much to the joy of ladies worldwide. I real laugh

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2006, 09:40:20 AM »
the poll have 5 foreign-based to 1 PFL? ah waiting to see who in PFL could get on the side first.

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2006, 05:40:57 PM »
cud only be whitley.

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2006, 09:28:15 PM »
This statement by Birchall will look good on his resume :beermug:

“It’s a massive move for me,” Birchall told TTFF Media on Friday. “I only just signed a couple hours ago and first up I want to thank everyone back in Trinidad and Tobago who have believed in me and supported me since I started playing for the country. Everyone who has been there with me through the entire journey from the players to the coaching staff and  Mr Warner and the rest at the Federation. It was a big decision to take up the offer from Trinidad because I didn’t know what to expect but I came through it.
“Playing for T&T has made me a better player and a better person and I’m just really looking forward to playing for the country for many years again.”

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2006, 09:46:38 PM »

talking about snat...yuh forget that part in the job specification

the captain have to be able to blow he nose on international tv and act nonchalant about it  :rotfl:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>