April 20, 2024, 06:09:19 AM

Author Topic: Sky Blues secure T&T's Chris Birchall.  (Read 27323 times)

Offline sweetjo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sky Blues secure T&T's Chris Birchall.
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2006, 05:31:46 PM »
I just want to wish him all the best and I hope he gets the opportunity to really develop as a player.It's absolutely great to see our boys getting the recognition they deserve.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2006, 07:26:26 PM »
Hello People   

i have been away on holiday for the past week  got back this afternoon,  just in time to see  birchall in anoyther colour shirt,   yeah i sobbed when i heard he had gone on friday,  but  all i can do is  wish him the best of luck and hope he never forgets where  his career started , 

Coventry had a good deal ,  he is worth more than what they paid for him

we hope that he comes back to port vale so we can thank him for everything.

Some Trinidad fans will be happy as they always thought Port Vale werent a good enough team for Birchall to play for...   

Thanks  i hope us Vale fans will still be welcome and you will be welcome on our site as well

that would be me and stop stalkin meh player
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2006, 01:19:49 AM »
Here are some Coventry fans' views on what they've seen of Birchall at the SUnderland game:

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=885&p=16&style=2&forumId=6571&action=1&replytoid=2121874468

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2006, 05:30:21 AM »
birchall played well yesterday

Us at Vale wish him all the best at Coventry and he did do a statement and he said he would come back to see us play x
THERES ONLY ONE CHRIS BIRCHALL

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: birchall signs with coventry city
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2006, 06:12:23 AM »
I hope they sign him as a central midfielder, based on his national team and WC experience and not a winger, as he played at Port Vale...

I hope his winger days done.

Your hopes have been dashed.

Micky Adams:
"There is a common misconception that he is a central midfielder, probably because he plays in that role for his country - a sort of hod carrier for Stern John.

"But his best position is out wide on the right and that's where I see him playing."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2006, 08:08:07 AM »
shhhhhhh

If everybody would just stop what dey doin for ah second...just stop....and listen

Yuh hear dat faint whistle like sound in the distance?

Dais birchallsgirl screamin hysterically outside de portvale stadium
  :rotfl:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2006, 08:18:12 AM »
I hope they sign him as a central midfielder, based on his national team and WC experience and not a winger, as he played at Port Vale...

I hope his winger days done.

Your hopes have been dashed.

Micky Adams:
"There is a common misconception that he is a central midfielder, probably because he plays in that role for his country - a sort of hod carrier for Stern John.

"But his best position is out wide on the right and that's where I see him playing."

yeah...I make that out from the time they play him out there against Sunderland. Seems like he did well. I guess he will continue to play both positions. I just doh see him on the right for T&T...but yuh never know.
Good luck to the youth....

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2006, 08:30:12 AM »
Big up to Bircall. He will now realize that playing for Trini has made him more marketable and the sky is the limit for him.... we are only getting ah peep of what happens when your country makes the worlds stage at the WC! ;) Stay tuned!!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline PortValeChris

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2006, 11:07:32 AM »
birchall played well yesterday

Us at Vale wish him all the best at Coventry and he did do a statement and he said he would come back to see us play x

I hope he does come back to Vale Park so that we can give him the standing ovation that he deserves.
PortValeChris  AKA The Former TVV from onevalefan. 

Port Vale  We want ah goal!!

To market, to market, with my uncle Jim
Somebody threw a tomato at him
Now, Tomatoes don't hurt with their soft juicy skin
But this one it knackered, 'cause it come in a tin

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2006, 11:53:48 AM »
he does deserve a standing ovation,

apparently he wanted to come back against leyton orient but on the advice of foyle and glover decided against it so we could take in his decision to leave us ,  ( Source:  The Sentinel)

i dont think hed have got booed at Vale whether fans liked him or not ,  hes been at the club a very long time and are thankful for his service to us

Birchall should have been given the right to come back saturday and not told stay away

THERES ONLY ONE CHRIS BIRCHALL

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2006, 01:32:01 PM »
Chris Birchall has been talking about his move to Coventry City.
(source: Coventrycitymad.co.uk)

Said the Stafford born Port Vale fan who made his City debut against Sunderland yesterday to the Stoke Sentinel: "The last year has been one of ups and downs for me. The ups were with Trinidad and Tobago because no one expected us to get to the World Cup. I got a bit of stick for making the decision to play for them, but that is the best decision I have made in my life.
"There were downsides. I got stick for some of my performances for Vale, but that couldn't be helped. I was travelling all over the world and coming back and getting niggling injuries and not playing my best.

"I don't think I should have been judged on that. With no distractions I felt I could have gone on this season and scored at least 10 goals.

"I am a bit disappointed I didn't get the chance to prove some people wrong, but there were a lot of fans behind me and I would like to thank all the Vale fans.

"It's my club. I have been there all my life and the fans have been brilliant with me. "I will always remember the amount of people who have got behind me and given me support."

He joins on a deal that will rise to £325,000. There will be an initial payment of £150k with payments of a further £100,000 at the end of the season and three £25,000 payments when Birchall makes 15, 30 and 45 appearances. There is also a 15% cent sell on clause and further undisclosed bonueses.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2006, 02:15:47 PM »
Birchall will develop from strenght to strength, I not worried about him at all. He is a workhorse.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2006, 02:28:20 PM »
Birchall will develop from strenght to strength, I not worried about him at all. He is a workhorse.

Jus wanna say big congratulations to Chris on his move to Coventry.....I wish u all the best and look forward to seeing u in the premiership and beyond in the very near furture...to all the Vale fans..thanks for all your support and we look forward to many more chats and discussions on both forums....

Also wanna say never give up hope Vale fans...keep the faith and your time will come when u can back your club at the highest level in English Football  :beermug: :beermug:

COMING SOON: PREMIERSHIP FOR P. VALE
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2006, 03:53:47 PM »
Birch hadda play in the middle for TT because we haver ZERO defensive mids who hustle and fight for a full 90.
His best position may very well be on the right. He is a better crosser than Carlos.
But he cyah tun up men like Carlos and daz all we like  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2006, 10:08:50 AM »
BBC video of Birchall talking about signing for Coventry, playing with Stern and ambitions for the EPL:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/3681938.stm

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2006, 03:01:28 PM »
cheers grande  :beermug:
Hart for president

1]; } ?>