April 25, 2024, 01:47:07 PM

Author Topic: Theobald leaves Falkirk.  (Read 31735 times)

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Theobald leaves Falkirk.
« on: August 03, 2006, 07:55:51 AM »
Theobald leaves Falkirk.
Falkirk Website.
[/size]

Falkirk Football Club have by mutual agreement with Densill Theobald decided to terminate his contract with immediate effect. Densill had asked to be given the opportunity to pursue his career elsewhere. Unfortunately the signing of Densill has not worked as well as we had hoped and the club feels that it is in the best interests of both parties to move on. Head Coach John Hughes said" Densill contacted us and intimated that he wished to pursue his career elsewhere. We decided to accept Densill's request and wish him all the best in his future.
The Trinidad and Tobago international told the SPL side he did not want to return after appearing at the World Cup finals, claiming he can double his salary away from Westfield.
The Bairns have granted the 24-year-old his wish after the former Caledonia AIA playmaker, who signed in January on an 18-month deal, failed to make a single first-team appearance for the club.
Hughes explained: "We have got plenty of midfielders but what it does mean is that it frees up Densill's wages and we will have a look.
"We are constantly looking but it is the same scenario, I will not bring in anyone that is not going to bring something to the club.
"I am not going to bring in jersey-fillers. If I do, it will be young guys that are hungry to go and succeed."
Hughes has a good record of bringing young players in to develop, selling some of them on for a sizeable profit - such as forward Darryl Duffy, who left for Hull in January.
He continued: "We have brought in young guys, we have brought them into this environment.
"Darryl Duffy is probably the perfect example, we gave him that stage because it is a great stage."
Hughes admits he had hoped Theobald would have finally made the breakthrough to the first team this term, but is determined to quickly put the player's departure behind him.
He added: "If there is any disappointment it is because I felt this would have been a big year for him, but it's not to be so we need to move on.
"I don't know if the World Cup has gone to his head, you will have to ask him."
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 06:03:27 PM by Flex »

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
Re: Theobald leaves Falkirk
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 07:59:33 AM »
I sincerely hope he left cause he got an offer elsewhere, and didn't just leave cause he wasn't happy.

Happiness doh pay de bills. Whenever yuh in a job yuh doh like or unhappy in, bite down and bear while yuh looking elsewhere. Find yuh next job, then leave.

I wish him all the best though.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 08:06:29 AM »
Ned,

what is the perception of trinis not named latapy at Falkirk?  it seems as if Collin Samuel, Rahim and now Theobald have all failed to live up to expectation.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 08:17:13 AM »
Ned,

what is the perception of trinis not named latapy at Falkirk?  it seems as if Collin Samuel, Rahim and now Theobald have all failed to live up to expectation.

Nah man Collin Samuel rip up... dey win de league but could not be promoted as dey didnt meet de regulations.... then de coach went Dundee Utd and take Samuel with him....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Theobald leaves Falkirk.
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 08:17:18 AM »
The curse of Falkirk...I hope he doh end up like Rahim : go to Austria to play for some club, then end up bouncing from club to club til he end up right back here with Caledonia or somebody...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline lata_lata_latapy

• New Warrior
  • waggonist + proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 08:23:17 AM »
Ned,

Samuel was an exciting player from Falkirk and scored a lot of goals in a good team.

Once he got a hattrick against Hearts in the Cup, and there was some interest from bigger teams, he hardly kicked a ball for us any more.

Theobald has just been a strange signing - never playing for the first team and becoming a world cup star...

Anyway the Trini named Latapy more than makes up for any who don't do so great  ;D

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 08:26:55 AM »
I sincerely hope he left cause he got an offer elsewhere, and didn't just leave cause he wasn't happy.

Happiness doh pay de bills. Whenever yuh in a job yuh doh like or unhappy in, bite down and bear while yuh looking elsewhere. Find yuh next job, then leave.

I wish him all the best though.

Happiness doh pay de bills, but de $1million grant will though.. I sure he looking to sweat pfl for now and breeze out home watch and see...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 08:32:48 AM »
Theobald leaves Falkirk.
Falkirk Website.
[/size]

Falkirk Football Club have by mutual agreement with Densill Theobald decided to terminate his contract with immediate effect. Densill had asked to be given the opportunity to pursue his career elsewhere. Unfortunately the signing of Densill has not worked as well as we had hoped and the club feels that it is in the best interests of both parties to move on. Head Coach John Hughes said" Densill contacted us and intimated that he wished to pursue his career elsewhere. We decided to accept Densill's request and wish him all the best in his future.

remember he say big clubs  does come knocking. But i am curious as to where he would go? he eh ready fuh the EPL may be the championship
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 08:34:49 AM »
Ned,

Nah man Collin Samuel rip up... dey win de league but could not be promoted as dey didnt meet de regulations.... then de coach went Dundee Utd and take Samuel with him....

fair enough.  I was just remembering this article and it seemed like there's a pattern of trinis not quite "fitting in" at Falkirk.  anyhow like yuh say, he did do well and moved on to a bigger club.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 08:38:05 AM »
I had the feeling that was going to happen. Season start and he was in T&T still "resting."  Like ah did say before...ah hope he had ah club lined up cause he would need one.  If he think he planning on staying in Trinidad, enjoying the life and playing for the National Team...he wrong.  

Man hungry and his spot on the team was only guaranteed it seems cause of Beenie. Beenie gone and right now he starting over.  Somebody see ah opening and ah hope ah youthman with the hunger take it if he ent serious.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 08:39:22 AM »
Ah wonder if Latas really siddong and talk wit dis man atall

From that silly comment about using falkirk as a "stepping stone"......then cyah crack de startin line up......to the general impression of his WC performance....to the AWOL story....and now this

Hell of a roller coaster ride oui....say wah, people hadda do what is best for them
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 08:41:12 AM »
A man once told me that Theobold will NEVER play for Falkirk..and it has come to pass....He said you have to understand football is a business...SO an agent might have a relationship with a manager or club and they put them at a club so the agent can get some money: Its all about the money....

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 08:44:28 AM »
well lets  see where he goes from here
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 08:49:00 AM »
ah jes wish de bredda best of luck yes , hope de next team he plays wid he is happy
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 09:03:58 AM »
I eh surprised.  De way de man talk after one a de Grenada matches, it was clear he wasn't happy at Falkirk.  Wonder if this means he will be available to go with the team to Japan?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2006, 09:08:50 AM »
well lets see where he goes from here

Right back to Caledonia AIA probably
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006, 09:20:06 AM »
oh gosh boy Bleeder

yuh shoulda give them a bit more chance, at least for a season self. Is time to grow up man

Latas would be getting more say as de first team coach ah sure he woulda give you sweat

anyway before i cuss yuh I would like to hear your side of things, something we have all been waiting for a while

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 09:20:41 AM »

wey TI he say hardest does be motivating theobald and heston small  so he may end up in a league 1 club ah feel

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006, 09:29:52 AM »
so the whole restin my injury and come back when i ready thing was a lie. He shouldnt cheat a club that had a lot of faith and patience with him like that. he'll end up in the pro league playing out the rest of his days like rahim
Hart for president

TrinInfinite

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 09:31:42 AM »

wey TI he say hardest does be motivating theobald and heston small so he may end up in a league 1 club ah feel

one of the main reasons bleeder on the natl team was bc of hardest, so what yuh mean? ??? if bleeder doh like his environment he is his own man, he leave on his own merit not bc of hardest >:( schupsssssss

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2006, 09:47:37 AM »

wey TI he say hardest does be motivating theobald and heston small so he may end up in a league 1 club ah feel

one of the main reasons bleeder on the natl team was bc of hardest, so what yuh mean? ??? if bleeder doh like his environment he is his own man, he leave on his own merit not bc of hardest >:( schupsssssss

meh eh say he leave becuase ah hardest!! doh come with that

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2006, 10:41:01 AM »
I wonder where he will go now? i remember a Austrian club was interested in him but Falkirk said that he is not for sale  looks to me he comming back to the pro league

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2006, 11:11:30 AM »
from the time that theobald came home for them 2 grenada game si suspected that sumthin was amisss

3 months later after scring i think 2 reserve games he moves on

i have never heard of theobald being indisciplined

maybe he was disenchanted with the spl??

or simpy the big boy status at cali doent bode well for falkirk

did someone say mls?
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2006, 11:16:05 AM »
the Trini "I is ah big player" curse strikes again.

Good luck bleeder.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2006, 11:18:24 AM »
Ned,

Yeh, Samuel put in work. Rahim and Theo however, not even Mother Corn Haux she self could help dem fellas far less for Latas or Huges
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2006, 11:19:02 AM »
Good luck Bredda!
Wonder what Latas must be say in all this....

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2006, 11:21:55 AM »
I eh surprised.  De way de man talk after one a de Grenada matches, it was clear he wasn't happy at Falkirk.  Wonder if this means he will be available to go with the team to Japan?

Palos, yuh really want him to go boy or yuh just being nice?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2006, 11:36:50 AM »

Palos, yuh really want him to go boy or yuh just being nice?

Breds....I think the more foreign exposure and access to facilities, equipment, training methods etc. de better for all we players, becuse AT DE MOMENT....we best leagues not able to provide dat environment.

Dat said....if a player TRULZY uncomfortable and unhappy where he is, best he move on because de situation might only get worse.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 11:55:50 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2006, 12:18:47 PM »
I feel dey fire him!!

They just saying it like that so that he will maintain a level of respect in the football world!!

let us see what happens next for densil theobald!!

lol

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2006, 12:22:46 PM »
Theobald don't know how lucky he is was.

I wish him best in the future but he had a good opportunity at Falkirk. Nobody knows the real situation and I just hope that he has no regrets.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

1]; } ?>