April 24, 2024, 09:51:02 AM

Author Topic: new salesman  (Read 852 times)

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
new salesman
« on: August 03, 2006, 10:55:37 AM »
A young guy gets a job at a big department store. The boss tells him, "You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did." At the end of the first day the boss comes down and asks him how many sales he made. One, the kid says. "Just one?" the boss asks. "Our sales people average 20 or 30 sales a day. How much was the sale for?"

"It was $101,237."

The boss is shocked. "$101,237?! What did you sell him?"

"Well, first I sold him a small fish hook. Then I sold him a medium fish hook. Then I sold him a larger fish hook. Then I sold him a new line. Then I sold him a new fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was going fishing, and he said down at the coast, so I told him he was gonna need a boat, so we went down to the boat department, and I sold him that twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4X4 Blazer."

The boss can't believe it. "A guy came in here to buy a small fish hook and you ended up selling him a truck?"

"No," the kid replies. "He came in here to buy a box of tampons for his wife, and I said, 'Well, your weekend's shot, you might as well go fishing.'"

1]; } ?>