April 26, 2024, 07:42:00 PM

Poll

Should T&T add a toll booth to the highway.

No
6 (40%)
Yes
7 (46.7%)
Give it a try
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Traffic & Accident Thread  (Read 94554 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Should T&T add a toll booth to the highway.
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2009, 08:52:24 PM »
I agree with POS being restricted to vehicles entering, with the necessary infrastructure put in place of course....eg. park and ride in areas outside the city etc...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2009, 09:17:39 PM »
Ah lawd more traffick !!!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2009, 09:30:45 PM »
Ah lawd more traffick !!!

Yeah dahs one way of looking at it. I remember i was looking at the Singapore model for ideas...the basic thing is...yuh trying to discourage people from driving by providing cheaper alternatives for transportation. Dahs how the toll comes into play. Yeah yuh could use it for upgrades etc....but putting a toll booth anywhere on that overpass wasting all the money spent behind having flowing traffic at that intersection.

Look de singapore plan here

http://www.adb.org/documents/events/2002/reta5937/manila/downloads/tp_15B_menon.PDF

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2009, 09:36:18 PM »
doh let the gov't fool allyuh. they already have enough money to fix roads. they just choose to waste it on other stuff. ::)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2009, 09:48:17 PM »
Flex you tiefing meh ideas man.

Here's what, build a massive parking complex opposite Grand Bazaar and put up a toll booth. If you park in the in the complex, you get a free bus ride into POS, if not pay your toll. Do the same on the west side.

Now put a trolley or something similar in the city where people could hop ah ride around free.

Place parking meters all over the city.

This in an effort to reduce traffic in the city.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2009, 11:41:20 PM »
my firdst reaction is to say No....and make public transport better

but then again....how else could they reduce the amount of cars on the road
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 07:46:09 AM by Werklmann »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: That new flyover
« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2009, 03:36:15 PM »
Is it me or does that whole thing seem overly complicated?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2009, 03:37:33 PM »
Is it me or does that whole thing seem overly complicated?

Is not u
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2009, 06:22:25 AM »
I agree that the design is complicated...the overpass we are seeing now is just the beginning..plenty to go still. I think the west-south overpass tho' goes to the left of the crossover ramp east-west, and flows into the south bound lane with those coming out of the Grand Bazaar who come around the roundabout... still to be built.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2009, 06:28:28 AM »
also there was quite a bit of land taken over from bamboo residents to the west of the overpass, as well as some from the front of the G.Bazaar

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2009, 07:21:53 AM »
I agree that the design is complicated...the overpass we are seeing now is just the beginning..plenty to go still. I think the west-south overpass tho' goes to the left of the crossover ramp east-west, and flows into the south bound lane with those coming out of the Grand Bazaar who come around the roundabout... still to be built.

I can't see how it will fit under the ramp and then how far up will be the merge ?
You're right it is a bit complicated but then you should see some of the city flyovers in this country.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2009, 09:53:20 AM »
Can anybody confirm the number of lanes on the East-South ramp/flyover?

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2009, 11:02:17 AM »
Can anybody confirm the number of lanes on the East-South ramp/flyover?

Its 2 lanes with shoulders. They've paved it and painted lines as of yesterday, also the south bound side of the Caroni bridge has been expanded to 3 lanes, construction crew was working on finishing this as of yesterday. I assume they are trying to time the opening of the flyover with the opening of the widened bridge.

As for where the overpass exits, Its not too bad but there is a slight "kink" on the exit ramp to get it to avoid the eastern support of the Bamboo overpass. I agree with most here though, that the problem will be the merging traffic from the north especially as this merger will start directly under the bamboo flyover...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2009, 04:57:12 PM »
So 3 lanes runnin north-south, then 2 lanes of ramp traffic joinin that goin south, and they have to merge.
I wonder if the ramp traffic is goin to the left or right of that bridge support.
If it goin right, merging before the bridge, cars will not have much time to merge.
I feel it goin left of the support.

In any case it does look like it headin straight into the support.

There is traffic that is going to be coming from north (mount hope) , so who merges ?
The traffic coming off the fly over should not be the merging traffic since they have the row, so consider that.
Now I heard or read that there was a problem but I paid it no mind then but I can see a problem.
Originally when this fly over was proposed over 20 yrs ago the stag factory was supposed to go to make way for it and it did then the Syrians build Grand Bazaar.
All I saying is it doh look right to me but I suppose when they open the thing we will know.

Meh family was telling me the same thing, but then I was thinking manning take people savannah for he back yard, why he couldnot do the same and take the some of the mall land. Isn't bamboo goverment land that people squatting on???
Oh well only in trini you does know who you could mess with.
Yuh could'nt resist the temptation tuh bring in the racist politicing again eh? you and another member remind me of them conservative radio talk show host here in the U.S. every thing Obama do is never good enough for them! and it's all fueled by ill feelings, rather than political disatisfaction or partisanism!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 05:02:08 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2009, 06:22:51 PM »
i find it lookin purrrty
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2009, 08:05:37 PM »
So 3 lanes runnin north-south, then 2 lanes of ramp traffic joinin that goin south, and they have to merge.
I wonder if the ramp traffic is goin to the left or right of that bridge support.
If it goin right, merging before the bridge, cars will not have much time to merge.

There is traffic that is going to be coming from north (mount hope) , so who merges ?
The traffic coming off the fly over should not be the merging traffic since they have the row, so consider that.
Now I heard or read that there was a problem but I paid it no mind then but I can see a problem.
Originally when this fly over was proposed over 20 yrs ago the stag factory was supposed to go to make way for it and it did then the Syrians build Grand Bazaar.
All I saying is it doh look right to me but I suppose when they open the thing we will know.

Meh family was telling me the same thing, but then I was thinking manning take people savannah for he back yard, why he couldnot do the same and take the some of the mall land. Isn't bamboo goverment land that people squatting on???
Yuh could'nt resist the temptation tuh bring in the racist politicing again eh? you and another member remind me of them conservative radio talk show host here in the U.S. every thing Obama do is never good enough for them! and it's all fueled by ill feelings, rather than political disatisfaction or partisanism!

Well see what you want to see, but it's interesting how you equate being anti manning as being racist, as if one equals the other. You missed the point entirely if manning could justify taking the savannh for his diplomatic center, that he should have no problem justify moving grand bazzar/squatters to ensure the ramp had the correct bank/slope maintain traction. That is if T&T had the equivalent of an imminent domain law.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 08:08:26 PM by trinindian »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2009, 09:47:52 PM »
People must be vex cause he actually finish something he star I don't know. After all remember he mess up the BLS/C.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2009, 11:33:21 PM »

Well see what you want to see, but it's interesting how you equate being anti manning as being racist, as if one equals the other. You missed the point entirely if manning could justify taking the savannh for his diplomatic center, that he should have no problem justify moving grand bazzar/squatters to ensure the ramp had the correct bank/slope maintain traction. That is if T&T had the equivalent of an imminent domain law.

But even a blind man could see it. it's ironic you never have nutten bad tuh say about panday who full of faults, but manning always under fire as far as you're concerned!

so what yuh want meh to think?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2009, 04:01:43 AM »

But even a blind man could see it. it's ironic you never have nutten bad tuh say about panday who full of faults, but manning always under fire as far as you're concerned!

JC bro thats because manning is de current prime minister and he is an ass!!
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2009, 05:35:13 AM »

JC bro thats because manning is de current prime minister and he is an ass!!

Thats a nice blunt way of putting it  :rotfl:
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2009, 05:50:36 AM »

Well see what you want to see, but it's interesting how you equate being anti manning as being racist, as if one equals the other. You missed the point entirely if manning could justify taking the savannh for his diplomatic center, that he should have no problem justify moving grand bazzar/squatters to ensure the ramp had the correct bank/slope to maintain traction. That is if T&T had the equivalent of an imminent domain law.

So what is your excuse???
Take some time do a little research and you would see I doh like Panday either or the present batch of T&T politicans, but I guess it too hard to click on previous posts and it is easier to pass your warped view as fact. I don't care what you think, just that you do it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 04:47:20 PM by trinindian »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2009, 06:55:49 AM »
I support this.

De only bad thing about this is, de money will not go back into de roads etc, it will end up in somebodys pocket.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2009, 07:54:38 AM »
the govt have enough money to maintain the roads, they dont need more bc it will end up in someones foreign bank account

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2009, 08:51:05 AM »

have an HOV lane.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2009, 08:51:59 AM »
Good idea.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 28, 2009, 10:13:11 AM »

have an HOV lane.

For all dem ph drivers to use LOL
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 28, 2009, 03:09:51 PM »
Not yet. But I think they should seriously consider it. But like someone said, lets hope the toll money go to maintenance of the HWYs and not some other projects.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 28, 2009, 03:13:57 PM »
All who in favour term limits for PMs, no matter what party affiliation, say Aye.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2009, 03:23:57 PM »
All who in favour term limits for PMs, no matter what party affiliation, say Aye.

Aye

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2009, 04:48:55 PM »

Aye,
Me ah in this PM/President for life thing.

I think there was a similar discussion a while back.

1]; } ?>