April 29, 2024, 04:27:01 AM

Poll

Should T&T add a toll booth to the highway.

No
6 (40%)
Yes
7 (46.7%)
Give it a try
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Traffic & Accident Thread  (Read 94594 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: That new flyover
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2009, 05:46:30 PM »
So 3 lanes runnin north-south, then 2 lanes of ramp traffic joinin that goin south, and they have to merge.
I wonder if the ramp traffic is goin to the left or right of that bridge support.
If it goin right, merging before the bridge, cars will not have much time to merge.
I feel it goin left of the support.

In any case it does look like it headin straight into the support.

There is traffic that is going to be coming from north (mount hope) , so who merges ?
The traffic coming off the fly over should not be the merging traffic since they have the row, so consider that.
Now I heard or read that there was a problem but I paid it no mind then but I can see a problem.
Originally when this fly over was proposed over 20 yrs ago the stag factory was supposed to go to make way for it and it did then the Syrians build Grand Bazaar.
All I saying is it doh look right to me but I suppose when they open the thing we will know.

Meh family was telling me the same thing, but then I was thinking manning take people savannah for he back yard, why he couldnot do the same and take the some of the mall land. Isn't bamboo goverment land that people squatting on???
Oh well only in trini you does know who you could mess with.
Yuh could'nt resist the temptation tuh bring in the racist politicing again eh? you and another member remind me of them conservative radio talk show host here in the U.S. every thing Obama do is never good enough for them! and it's all fueled by ill feelings, rather than political disatisfaction or partisanism!

Well see what you want to see, but it's interesting how you equate being anti manning as being racist, as if one equals the other. You missed the point entirely if manning could justify taking the savannh for his diplomatic center, that he should have no problem justify moving grand bazzar/squatters to ensure the ramp had the correct bank/slope to maintain traction. That is if T&T had the equivalent of an imminent domain law.

But even a blind man could see it. it's ironic you never have nutten bad tuh say about panday who full of faults, but manning always under fire as far as you're concerned!

so what yuh want meh to think?

So what is your excuse???
Take some time do a little research and you would see I doh like Panday either or the present batch of T&T politicans, but I guess it too hard to click on previous posts and it is easier to pass your warped view as fact. I don't care what you think, just that you do it.
I see yuh have tuh resort tuh petty insults BC someone called yuh on yuh biasness! why not deal wid it with some sort of civility instead of being caty!!

i not saying that manning is ah saint, far be it from him, but he definatly didn't come and meet a rosey situation either, and despite constant literal negative opposition from the UNC leader he's been doing somewhat of an OK job! and for that he should be comended.

yuh must remember that T&T is seriously underdevelope and lacks proper infrastructure as we speak! and manning is doing something about it!

that's more than i could say of any other leader we've had over the yrs. so why not let it be instead of finding fault!

if this man was sitting idley by and doing nothing to improve the infrastucture of the state, then i would be more open to indulge opposition, but when a man tries to improve the deplorable condition of a country and ppl continue to nit pick over small simple things, to me it's clearly a sign of partisan politics @ work.

i'm in no wise a PNM supporter so there's no motive on my part to endorse manning, but @ the same time , i think ppl are being unfiar to the point where it's becoming rediculus!

for yrs ppl have lost valuable amounts of land due to eminent domain, and in some cases eminent domain did not apply. sad to say , but that the price we pay for progress! it don't come cheap my friend, to the citizens and the state!

BTW , i do think there's eminent domain equivalent laws on the books and it's active as far as i know! BC my great grand mother lose some land BC they wanted to build a road through her property.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 05:59:40 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2009, 06:38:26 PM »
I see yuh have tuh resort tuh petty insults BC someone called yuh on yuh biasness! why not deal wid it with some sort of civility instead of being caty!!

i not saying that manning is ah saint, far be it from him, but he definatly didn't come and meet a rosey situation either, and despite constant literal negative opposition from the UNC leader he's been doing somewhat of an OK job! and for that he should be comended.

yuh must remember that T&T is seriously underdevelope and lacks proper infrastructure as we speak! and manning is doing something about it!

that's more than i could say of any other leader we've had over the yrs. so why not let it be instead of finding fault!

if this man was sitting idley by and doing nothing to improve the infrastucture of the state, then i would be more open to indulge opposition, but when a man tries to improve the deplorable condition of a country and ppl continue to nit pick over small simple things, to me it's clearly a sign of partisan politics @ work.

i'm in no wise a PNM supporter so there's no motive on my part to endorse manning, but @ the same time , i think ppl are being unfiar to the point where it's becoming rediculus!

for yrs ppl have lost valuable amounts of land due to eminent domain, and in some cases eminent domain did not apply. sad to say , but that the price we pay for progress! it don't come cheap my friend, to the citizens and the state!

BTW , i do think there's eminent domain equivalent laws on the books and it's active as far as i know! BC my great grand mother lose some land BC they wanted to build a road through her property.

You ask for civility yet in your initial response you call me a racist, to me that is an insult. On the matter of progress, I am in support of the fly over and I also in support of the relocating grand bazzar and bamboo if that is what it takes to properly construct the fly over, what I am not in support of is the fact that some people with money seem to be able to resist more than those other. I may have been rash in jumping to this conclusion because as a previous post indicated real-estate was taken from the grand bazzar compound. But is not what you take away from my posts, no all you saw was anti manning and that automatically made me a racist to me that is disrespectful.

Respect is giving to those that give it.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2009, 09:56:14 PM »

You ask for civility yet in your initial response you call me a racist, to me that is an insult. On the matter of progress, I am in support of the fly over and I also in support of the relocating grand bazzar and bamboo if that is what it takes to properly construct the fly over, what I am not in support of is the fact that some people with money seem to be able to resist more than those other. I may have been rash in jumping to this conclusion because as a previous post indicated real-estate was taken from the grand bazzar compound. But is not what you take away from my posts, no all you saw was anti manning and that automatically made me a racist to me that is disrespectful.

Respect is giving to those that give it.
That was not my intention. if yuh knew me then you would know that i don't mark ppl for anything unless i really pips they style! and that takes time.

there was no where in my responce did i say you are a racist, what i said was "yuh couldn't resist the temptation tuh bring in the racist politicing again eh".

what i mean't tuh say is that politics in T&T has become more racist and less politically oriented. i didn't mean tuh say "you" were racist, but this UNC PNM nigger coolie politics in trinidad is just that! and it has nothing tuh do with the issues! that's why the counrty is in such a mess. no commitment to what is right!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Should T&T add a toll booth to the highway.
« Reply #183 on: April 29, 2009, 02:17:02 AM »
Should T&T add a toll booth to the Uriah Butler Highway, north to south and south to north ?

Would this help ease traffic. It could also help public transportaion and water taxis make more money. The money made would help maintain the roads in T&T. And also create some employment.

It don't have to be much. A simple $1 for cars and $2 for trucks over a year could add up. And if people buy an easy pass they would get a discount of 50 cents per-dollar.

Photos posted by e-man.

Flex man, I doh even want to friiickiiinggg hear about that!!! I appreciate that you were just making a suggestion, but let me explain my anger and annoyance.(not at you, but at the subject as a whole) So many people in this country struggle just to be able to eat and get by and barely live in this backwater country, and all people could do is make suggestions that'll make life harder for them! What a way to stop traffic- make it so that only the poorest people who worked and struggled and got a car, to save themselves from the coconut-republic public transportation system in Trinidad, they will have to leave their cars at home and go add to their already very hard daily lives having to once again fight up just to reach to work. I hear some damn fricking conniving Gov officials talking about that same toll booth sh*t.

The thing is, DEVELOPED countries have toll booths, because they already have a well developed and efficient pubilc transportation system, so its not like here where people by and large have to struggle to live country, and to add to their already hard life, those who managed to escape are thrown back into Coconut-Republic transport that is PTSC and Maxi-taxis.( breadvans that travel routes at random times and at their own varying terms picking up passengers- yes, Germany can learn alot from us)

An approach that shows more concern and respect and care for the struggling citizens will be to make PTSC into respectable service and tickets available widespread, along with many other options. Only after the citizens' lives are eased up a whole lot( you can think about doing something like this, otherwise it's just like kicking a poor-man in the balls when he's already dragging on the ground.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Interchange to open on Friday.
« Reply #184 on: April 29, 2009, 03:55:46 AM »
Interchange to open on Friday.
By: Ria Taitt (Express).

Government will open one phase of the Churchill-Roosevelt/Uriah Butler Highways Interchange Project on Friday.

Speaking at the Breakfast with the Prime Minister at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Port of Spain yesterday, Works Minister Colm Imbert said Government was about to complete phase two of the Interchange.

Imbert, who detailed some of the plans for his Ministry under the Vision 2020 programme, highlighted a $17 billion road programme, consisting of 13 separate freeways and highways and 471 kilometres of road which, he said, would provide easy access to any part of Trinidad.

He also stated that construction of the Rapid Rail was due to start in mid-2010 and "within 36 to 39 months, the first train should roll out of Port of Spain".

Imbert said the Rapid Rail was needed because there were some 550,000 trips per day on the main roads of Trinidad and 275 trips per day from Port of Spain to other parts of the country. He said travel time (per individual) was in excess of four hours a day.

"The road system is overwhelmed," he said, adding that putting more buses on the road was a poor solution.

Contending that a different mass transit system was required, he said the Rapid Rail would provide 194 million trips annually by 2032.

Imbert said Government planned to construct two rail lines-the East-West line from Sangre Grande to Westmoorings, and the North-South line from UWI to San Fernando.

It also planned to establish a Mass Transit Authority, which would have a railway division, ferry division and omnibus division, and which would be responsible to all forms of mass transit, he said.

He said Government was now at the end of the phase one (early engineering and designing) of the system and was entering the second phase of the rail system, which involved detailed designs and construction. He said the rail system would be constructed in five segments and Government was hoping to construct all segments simultaneously.

The five segments would be: a. City Gate to Chaguanas; b. San Fernando to Chaguanas; c. UWI to Arima; d. City Gate to Westmoorings; e. Arima to Sangre Grande.

Imbert said a technical team from the Ministry and National Infrastructure Development Company (Nidco) visited France to witness how long it takes to load and offload one of the trains, and the results were very satisfactory.

The Rapid Rail would travel at 160 kilometres (100 miles) per hour and it would take 39 minutes to get from Port of Spain to San Fernando, he said. He added that it was the intention to have a train leaving every five to ten minutes during peak periods.

Imbert said the Rapid Rail would be built on a design/build/operate basis.

He noted that Government had been able to attract some of the largest contractors and consultants in the world. French firm Bouygues, the company that is leading the consortium for the Rapid Rail, is reputedly the second largest construction company in the world.

Vinci Construction Grands Projets, which is involved in the Interchange project, is the largest construction company in the world; while AECOM, the company which would be involved in the road network, was the probably the largest engineering consultancy firm in the world, he said.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 29, 2009, 05:58:13 AM »
That was not my intention. if yuh knew me then you would know that i don't mark ppl for anything unless i really pips they style! and that takes time.

there was no where in my responce did i say you are a racist, what i said was "yuh couldn't resist the temptation tuh bring in the racist politicing again eh".

what i mean't tuh say is that politics in T&T has become more racist and less politically oriented. i didn't mean tuh say "you" were racist, but this UNC PNM nigger coolie politics in trinidad is just that! and it has nothing tuh do with the issues! that's why the counrty is in such a mess. no commitment to what is right!

Hmm lets see I disagree with Manning and I am Indian that must mean I am "racist politicing again". After all the PNM is party for the Africans and the UNC is for the Indians and I can't form an opinion outside of that, just a worker bee in a hive. Unfortunately I have to agree that we do not have a viable alternative to the PNM, but does not mean that you gives them a card blanche to do what they want.

BTW. The flyover was long over due.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 07:17:14 AM by trinindian »

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 29, 2009, 06:14:56 AM »
okay well the west-south overpass will be open on Friday. whew!
let's see how it will impact the traffic from Monday. I am guessing there will be some confusion with the southbound losing their lane- which will now be the far left instead of previously far right- as usual the few of me heading west-north will be caught in between those going south and occupying everybody else's lane. shucks! it sucks to be a minority... :(

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 29, 2009, 03:54:11 PM »
okay well the west-south overpass will be open on Friday. whew!
let's see how it will impact the traffic from Monday. I am guessing there will be some confusion with the southbound losing their lane- which will now be the far left instead of previously far right- as usual the few of me heading west-north will be caught in between those going south and occupying everybody else's lane. shucks! it sucks to be a minority... :(

Anyone want to hazzard a guess as to how many accidents it will have by monday?

I going with a nice round number of 10.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 30, 2009, 07:57:37 PM »
CLICK HERE for a video report.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 30, 2009, 08:37:53 PM »
CLICK HERE for a video report.

Tmorrow would hae been a good day 2 duck dem but must go 2 wuk
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #190 on: May 01, 2009, 09:02:12 AM »
Opening today at noon.
There is a pdf with the info circulating.
Scanned letter from NIDCO

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 01, 2009, 12:07:36 PM »
Mih cousin just report that he pass over the fly over and it just a matter of up over and keep going straight.   So it seems that according to him, there is no issue with merging/exiting the fly over....we'll see....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 01, 2009, 12:17:29 PM »
In the video report Tallman posted, the engineer said that the two flyover lanes get priority at the merge point.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 01, 2009, 12:37:53 PM »
Even though i living in d east, Ah feel i going over d flyover today yes... Ill redirect east by caroni flyover.  ;D

This should alleviate the extensive backup on the beetham by some measure.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 01, 2009, 12:45:09 PM »
Even though i living in d east, Ah feel i going over d flyover today yes... Ill redirect east by caroni flyover.  ;D

You know what they call people like you .............. neversee comesee  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
 :beermug:

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 01, 2009, 03:22:11 PM »
how much people will try to over take people on the shoulder?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 01, 2009, 07:20:34 PM »

You know what they call people like you .............. neversee comesee  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
 :beermug:

He have real company because peeps on either side of d fly over lookin over and takin pics.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 01, 2009, 08:15:38 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ujCSujYB6wM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ujCSujYB6wM</a>

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 01, 2009, 09:09:36 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ujCSujYB6wM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ujCSujYB6wM</a>

just saw that.. the  driving lanes from west to east merges and that is ah mess. and if you want to go grand plaza from west, dont get on the fly over, there is no exits.  the whole thing look a mess but it doing it main purpose of easing traffic... Look at the Car @ 1:19.  Please tell me they going to install traffic lights there, or the ministry looking for some rel accidents on that flyover
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 09:17:09 PM by Babalawo »

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #199 on: May 01, 2009, 09:27:50 PM »

just saw that.. the  driving lanes from west to east merges and that is ah mess. and if you want to go grand plaza from west, dont get on the fly over, there is no exits.  the whole thing look a mess but it doing it main purpose of easing traffic... Look at the Car @ 1:19.  Please tell me they going to install traffic lights there, or the ministry looking for some rel accidents on that flyover

yeah - from the diagram - it will be a 2nd exit right after the south flyover, then traffic circle, cross north road, traffic circle again, cross east road and you're there. Getting back west is more straight forward.

But it's not quite this

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 01, 2009, 09:36:58 PM »
Thanks for that babalawo.

Tell me if I right.... Is it a ttraffic Light I seeing after the overpass going South when you come off the ramp? :o

Also. Why the road moves to the left to continue going East? I thought they should have kept the highway straight instead of making man swing to the left around a curve to continue going East. That really seem like accident waiting to happen.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2009, 09:39:23 PM »
Aye E-man that diagram making me dizzey ;D
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 02, 2009, 01:27:42 AM »
Thanks for that babalawo.

Tell me if I right.... Is it a ttraffic Light I seeing after the overpass going South when you come off the ramp? :o

That is the old traffic light.  That comin down.

Also. Why the road moves to the left to continue going East? I thought they should have kept the highway straight instead of making man swing to the left around a curve to continue going East. That really seem like accident waiting to happen.

I guess the ramp took priority and there was no way they could make west-east straight. Always someting eh.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 02, 2009, 05:14:22 AM »
All that really need is some good signage.  The signs need to be ahead of what about to come so you could anticipate what lane you need to be in.

Also, you still seeing some interesting choices being made by other drivers. All the signs and flyover in the world not going to help with accidents if people still driving like ass. 
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 02, 2009, 07:24:35 AM »

Very good job on the flyover :applause: :applause:

Babalawo, it looks like that fella needed to stop before turning right....
did not see a stop sign though, just a white line on the roadway....i would agree that it needs to be better setup.....
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 02, 2009, 09:34:42 AM »
All that really need is some good signage.  The signs need to be ahead of what about to come so you could anticipate what lane you need to be in.

Also, you still seeing some interesting choices being made by other drivers. All the signs and flyover in the world not going to help with accidents if people still driving like ass. 

True talk... man go get confuse and be making all kinda last minute corrections tuh get back on track.

I too was wondering about de setta seemee deemee turns just tuh continue going East.  Two months ago when I was there yuh just veer left past the support column and continue along yuh merry way.  Ah guess 'simple' wasn't in de final plans.

One last note... Trinidad does kill me wid dis 'flyover' talk yes, lol.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 02, 2009, 12:38:48 PM »
At what point does the flag become a driving hazzard. From the angle of the video could not tell how close to the road. Some strong rain and wind could potentially rip a flag to shreds onto a unsupecting motorist, hopefully if the weather is bad enough to do that no one is crazy enough to be on the road.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 02, 2009, 01:40:30 PM »
At what point does the flag become a driving hazzard. From the angle of the video could not tell how close to the road. Some strong rain and wind could potentially rip a flag to shreds onto a unsupecting motorist, hopefully if the weather is bad enough to do that no one is crazy enough to be on the road.
yea that flag there is unnessary.

I guess the ramp took priority and there was no way they could make west-east straight. Always someting eh.
[/quote] Yea i know the ramp post took priority but the road could be straighter and the merging right lane from west go cause nuff accidents.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 02, 2009, 02:13:57 PM »
from the drawing, it looks like there is more work to be done in that area. If reality reflects the plans, then the road will be straightened eventually.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 02, 2009, 03:11:54 PM »

I don't think the flag is a permanent fixture..it may just have been a little flare for the opening ceremony..From the pictures in the newspaper the flag appears to be flying from the extended arm of a crane attached to a truck. So I guess when they need their crane/ truck back they will ditch the flag. Maybe they could give it to Jack Warner to use in our matches instead of that handkerchief them little boys does be walking  out with.

1]; } ?>