April 29, 2024, 05:56:16 AM

Poll

Should T&T add a toll booth to the highway.

No
6 (40%)
Yes
7 (46.7%)
Give it a try
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Traffic & Accident Thread  (Read 94595 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: That new flyover
« Reply #210 on: May 02, 2009, 03:39:49 PM »
i must be missing something cause it don't look that hard to me...

if you going south then you get in the left lane for the exit to go over the flyover..

if you going east stay in the center lane and stay center lane or left lane to proceed as normal..

if you going grand bazaar, then go in the right lane after you pass the flyover..

kinda sound like some ah allyuh tripping over allyuh self to find fault. Man talking about the flag could buss up and cause ah accident all kinda ting.. steups.

i waiting to hear a review from somebody who actually drive on it..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 02, 2009, 03:51:52 PM »
i must be missing something cause it don't look that hard to me...

if you going south then you get in the left lane for the exit to go over the flyover..

if you going east stay in the center lane and stay center lane or left lane to proceed as normal..

if you going grand bazaar, then go in the right lane after you pass the flyover..

kinda sound like some ah allyuh tripping over allyuh self to find fault. Man talking about the flag could buss up and cause ah accident all kinda ting.. steups.

i waiting to hear a review from somebody who actually drive on it..

As u say Omar easy as sunday morning and it was a fri evening. D sign big for all 2 read and I could get feature in d directions clip.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 02, 2009, 04:41:23 PM »
At what point does the flag become a driving hazzard. From the angle of the video could not tell how close to the road. Some strong rain and wind could potentially rip a flag to shreds onto a unsupecting motorist, hopefully if the weather is bad enough to do that no one is crazy enough to be on the road.

I don't think the flag is a permanent fixture..it may just have been a little flare for the opening ceremony..From the pictures in the newspaper the flag appears to be flying from the extended arm of a crane attached to a truck. So I guess when they need their crane/ truck back they will ditch the flag. Maybe they could give it to Jack Warner to use in our matches instead of that handkerchief them little boys does be walking  out with.

i doh mind d flag...it hav a big ass flag too in macoya by d centre of excellence dey does light up in d nite too..does geh meh ah sense ah national pride..

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2009, 06:17:01 PM »
its not hard at all. people may just go down the worng lane because fo habit.
yes the flag on a crane.
the part of the interchange that open eases congestion a bit..but not alot, thus far. Once u get pass johnny king rd....its no more traffic.
but between el socorro and there almost the same amount, some ease.
Its because of all the kiss meh tail traffic lights between el and johny king rd still.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 05:03:58 AM by Organic »
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 02, 2009, 10:24:21 PM »
At what point does the flag become a driving hazzard. From the angle of the video could not tell how close to the road. Some strong rain and wind could potentially rip a flag to shreds onto a unsupecting motorist, hopefully if the weather is bad enough to do that no one is crazy enough to be on the road.

I don't think the flag is a permanent fixture..it may just have been a little flare for the opening ceremony..From the pictures in the newspaper the flag appears to be flying from the extended arm of a crane attached to a truck. So I guess when they need their crane/ truck back they will ditch the flag. Maybe they could give it to Jack Warner to use in our matches instead of that handkerchief them little boys does be walking  out with.

i doh mind d flag...it hav a big ass flag too in macoya by d centre of excellence dey does light up in d nite too..does geh meh ah sense ah national pride..

cosign.Totally agree with you there mukumsplau, I like the flag, it really does instill national pride to see it flying by new significant infrastructure to help the people, or just to see it at all(especially the big one lol). ey, when was d last time alyuh hear bout ah flag ripping down in normal weather?? I think they could find a nice safe spot there and erect a big one(edit: ok,.., that sounded wrong), instill a little awareness of national pride and unity.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 10:28:46 PM by Peter »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 03, 2009, 08:41:29 AM »
I went to Grand Bazaar yesterday and it real simple like Omar says.  My only thing was the 3 lanes that were originally used to go South/Chaguanas were still clearly marked as 3 lanes.  However, when you make the right turn at the traffic light, there are 2 lanes not 3.  So I found my self in the innermost lane but I had no lane to exit into when I made my turn.  However, I realised that was going to happen so on the green light I just mash accelerator before everybody else and take the outermost lane before the driver next to me.

If the intention is to have 2 lanes now going to Grand Bazaar instead of three like before, then they need to close off that 3rd lane and make it 2.

But the thing not hard to negotiate man, they just need to get rid of the traffic lights by El Socorro and Aranguez and that will eliminate a lot more of the back up. 
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 03, 2009, 08:51:52 AM »
I went to Grand Bazaar yesterday and it real simple like Omar says.  My only thing was the 3 lanes that were originally used to go South/Chaguanas were still clearly marked as 3 lanes.  However, when you make the right turn at the traffic light, there are 2 lanes not 3.  So I found my self in the innermost lane but I had no lane to exit into when I made my turn.  However, I realised that was going to happen so on the green light I just mash accelerator before everybody else and take the outermost lane before the driver next to me.

If the intention is to have 2 lanes now going to Grand Bazaar instead of three like before, then they need to close off that 3rd lane and make it 2.

But the thing not hard to negotiate man, they just need to get rid of the traffic lights by El Socorro and Aranguez and that will eliminate a lot more of the back up. 

How is it going West-to-East?  I think that's where most of the concern was coming out of seeing that video.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 03, 2009, 09:33:36 AM »
How is it going West-to-East?  I think that's where most of the concern was coming out of seeing that video.

West to East is not difficult.  Here's what happens.  Coming out of Aranguez, you have to start driving in the outer most left lanes if you know you are going South/Chaguanas.  Every body else stays on the right.  Then when the South people start entering the "off ramp" to go up onto the fly over, every one else just starts to take up their respective lanes.  If you are going East, occupy the left lanes just like before.  If you are going Bamboo/Grand Bazaar, take up the right lanes just like before.

The only problem I see, and that is probably just in the initial stages, is that people from South may be so used to occupying the outermost right lanes that they forget and then decide at the last minute that they need to be in the left lanes.   

Also, they need to put up some signs advising which lanes to occupy upon aproaching the fly over/intersection.  I don't recall seeing any yesterday when I passed by so right now you have to make a mental note to decide on which lanes you are going to take depending on where you are going.

I hope I eh confuse yuh Bakes....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2009, 12:37:37 PM »

West to East is not difficult.  Here's what happens.  Coming out of Aranguez, you have to start driving in the outer most left lanes if you know you are going South/Chaguanas.  Every body else stays on the right.  Then when the South people start entering the "off ramp" to go up onto the fly over, every one else just starts to take up their respective lanes.  If you are going East, occupy the left lanes just like before.  If you are going Bamboo/Grand Bazaar, take up the right lanes just like before.

The only problem I see, and that is probably just in the initial stages, is that people from South may be so used to occupying the outermost right lanes that they forget and then decide at the last minute that they need to be in the left lanes.   

Also, they need to put up some signs advising which lanes to occupy upon aproaching the fly over/intersection.  I don't recall seeing any yesterday when I passed by so right now you have to make a mental note to decide on which lanes you are going to take depending on where you are going.

I hope I eh confuse yuh Bakes....

Nah, thankfully I drove there just after Carnival so ah could picture what yuh describing... but what had me confused (and I guessed others) was for people continuing east past the interchange, what their commute would look like.  From the video it seems as though they have to navigate all kinda circles and thing and this is why folks was saying that they make it too complicated.  Man should be able to hug the two left-most lanes and just go straight thru w/out having to go thru any circles.

------------
After watching the vid again I was wrong though... it's clear from the vid you stay middle until the ramp to South, then get into the left lanes and continue straight.  Got it now  :beermug:

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 03, 2009, 01:06:13 PM »
Ok trinis is de worst. real neve see come see shit
People parking up at the top of the fly over to take of pictures.  five, six cars at a time steups.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 03, 2009, 09:43:15 PM »
lol organic it musbe have nice breeze up there too.
Just now ppl will park up and crack open some Vat 19.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 03, 2009, 10:03:33 PM »
lol organic it musbe have nice breeze up there too.
Just now ppl will park up and crack open some Vat 19.

Dah was Saturday.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 04, 2009, 11:35:04 AM »
People parking up at the top of the fly over to take of pictures.  five, six cars at a time steups.

I expect 2 c bride and bridal party. Imagine it have no parking sign now. On d shoulder of a highway. As Iwer say we reachhhhhhhhh
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 04, 2009, 12:27:35 PM »

Lewwe take een d sights at least for d first weekend nah!  ;D

Is we who pay for d ting.

After a week the nostalgia will wear off
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 04, 2009, 05:16:59 PM »
i just knew that shoulder lane on the fly over would cuz that  :rotfl:.  Its for emergency personells drivers. cops/fire truck/ambulance....
and Brownsugar how about the mergeing  lanes driving west to east as you pass under the flyover, near the flyover poles.?

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #225 on: May 04, 2009, 05:53:32 PM »
Only 5 or 6? When we pass there on Saturday it had plenty people liming on the overpass. Not even taking pictures, just liming as if is the look over point on North Coast Road.

Driving from West to East has not changed. Exactly what we did when the interchange was going up is exactly what we doing now. The only problem with this system is that we are reckless drivers with no knowledge or no care for what the lines on the road mean or how to merge safely. Approaching the intersection from the east (obviously we are heading west) to go south was also the exact same, but there is some merging to do from where the overpass comes down. I felt people were speeding there with no concern for road conditions, which suprised me because the thing only open a day (at the time).

At the end of the day whoever say between El Socorrow and Aranguez will still be a problem is correct.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 04, 2009, 06:51:59 PM »

At the end of the day whoever say between El Socorrow and Aranguez will still be a problem is correct.

yes but at least they dont have to suffer after passing the aranguez lights, esp the people who going east. Dem south men used to go up on the east lanes and block it whilst waiting to cut in on the rest of people on the south lanes awaiting their turn. (hope the wording makes sense )

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 04, 2009, 10:13:59 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qiCbDSGe9J4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qiCbDSGe9J4</a>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiCbDSGe9J4

Look 2 pull over but notice police presents further down. people really think this a toy.  meh big cousin from siparia drive an hour and a half just to drive over the thing. people is rel kicks eh

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 04, 2009, 11:39:18 PM »
Rachel Price liming on the overpass  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1156590520105&ref=nf

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 05, 2009, 12:01:29 AM »
Rachel looking pretty boy... gorgeous darkie.  If only if she bottom could match she top ah ready to send she ring.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 06, 2009, 01:56:38 AM »
Ah, Babalawo, see you listen to Blink 182 also.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 06, 2009, 06:56:16 AM »
well yesterday I left town at 5.25pm and reached home at an amazing time of 6.05pm. yay!!! daylight!!! :applause:
long time I haven't seen my plants in daylight during the week. usually I leave home in the dark and reach back even darker....
well the overpass seems to have had a positive effect. I hope it is real. when the water taxi started we had a week of good flowing traffic too. that didn't last.
wonder what's happening to that boat?? no news of it recently..
 ;D

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 06, 2009, 07:36:48 AM »
Conventional wisdom says that the number of cars on the road will increase to take up the slack.
Once ppl realize they could get around faster they will drive more. More cars on the road leading back to the same situation.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 06, 2009, 08:27:03 AM »
ann3boys, how far is your commute?

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 06, 2009, 09:18:08 AM »
I 'just' travel from St. Joseph to POS ...
yup, I leave home at 5.30 am and leave town at same time pm.
good eh? ;D
joys of having your own business.... ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 11, 2009, 05:37:32 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 11, 2009, 06:25:58 AM »
I pity the fool....

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 11, 2009, 06:13:57 PM »
Ah, Babalawo, see you listen to Blink 182 also.
nah. that a random video i found on youtube

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #238 on: May 12, 2009, 12:19:50 PM »
It apparently helping the East to West flow on mornings too. Meh breddrin say he getting to P.O.S. a little more than 30 minutes earlier in the morning. He often leaves town after 7:00 so he say it not making that big a difference for him to go home.

yes but at least they dont have to suffer after passing the aranguez lights, esp the people who going east. Dem south men used to go up on the east lanes and block it whilst waiting to cut in on the rest of people on the south lanes awaiting their turn. (hope the wording makes sense )
Trust me, I wasn't saying that the interchange hasn't impacted positively on the flow south or east from the Grand Bazaar intersection, just that it is only one part of a bigger situation. Oddly enough, I was able to make sense of your description.  8)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

1]; } ?>