April 29, 2024, 06:35:46 AM

Poll

Should T&T add a toll booth to the highway.

No
6 (40%)
Yes
7 (46.7%)
Give it a try
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Traffic & Accident Thread  (Read 94596 times)

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: That new flyover
« Reply #240 on: May 14, 2009, 05:11:22 AM »
Ah, Babalawo, see you listen to Blink 182 also.
nah. that a random video i found on youtube

lol, cool

ALso, don't diss the people for wanting to have a look over the overpass and for admiring it abit, is OUR blasted tax and oil money pay for that, tha is WE own n THEM own too, and it's the first in trinidad like it, so I could understand peoples' amusement. Never see come see is usually for things that are more or less common somewhere, but people act like they never saw it before. Yeah, in reality is just another overpass, nothing special, but in this shitty country, I'm happy to see a rare something that makes people feeling a little more uplifted and cheerful and positive(even if it seem a little nonsensical, whaeva), and I find nobody should try to take that away from them and make them feel small for it. Yeah, I know you were just joking, it was funny too though lol, but what I said still stands though.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 05:37:40 AM by Peter »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 29, 2009, 05:04:21 PM »
heard there was a death in a crash today on it

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 29, 2009, 05:20:15 PM »
not sure if it was on it..said by grand bazaar...two people died
Back in Trini...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 29, 2009, 05:38:16 PM »
not sure if it was on it..said by grand bazaar...two people died

Saw it on d tv6 news.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline shatta

• JAMAICA TO DI WORLD!. WHERE BROOKLYN AT!
  • Jr. Warrior
  • GANSTA FI LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 29, 2009, 08:53:57 PM »
still allot more to be added ;).NO ATTACKS please :rotfl:

http://www.h2kjamaica.com/cms/AboutH2k/ProjectPhotos/ProjectPhotosContd/tabid/126/Default.aspx

http://www.h2kjamaica.com/cms/AboutH2k/ProjectPhotos/ProjectPhotosContd/ProjectPhotosContd/tabid/127/Default.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmVt4zUxho8&feature=related

allot of traffick on the portmore city toll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY9QZQF7vsc&feature=related

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.caribbeannetnews.com/cgi-script/csArticles/uploads/3652/toll.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.caribbeannetnews.com/cgi-script/csArticles/articles/000036/003652.htm&usg=__BBT0rUpR6f2XOM4KI-7RbXuv2cc=&h=167&w=250&sz=6&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=Ulc7ner3XxPdLM:&tbnh=74&tbnw=111&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dportmore%2Btoll%2Broad%2Bjamaica%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4ADBF_enUS321US322%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

this is a section of the inprogress new northcoast highway that will connect resort cities

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/6/5514341_ae7de1eb97.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php%3Fp%3D22113008&usg=__HICeQtv0n4ZeSrZGSTNIx2WCbPs=&h=375&w=500&sz=33&hl=en&start=14&um=1&tbnid=3Tu0txlj81qCtM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djamaica%2Bnorth%2Bcoast%2Bhighway%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4ADBF_enUS321US322%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mtw.gov.jm/images/newsroom/NewRd%2520Mobay.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mtw.gov.jm/NewsPage/2008/Segment%25202A%2520of%2520North%2520Coast%2520Highway%2520Opened.aspx&usg=__5rYUv8VZEM4FfeLBmo2nLWY_OAc=&h=614&w=1000&sz=380&hl=en&start=5&um=1&tbnid=MkI2Sppsg6McxM:&tbnh=91&tbnw=149&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djamaica%2Bnorth%2Bcoast%2Bhighway%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4ADBF_enUS321US322%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 09:18:54 PM by shatta »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #245 on: May 30, 2009, 11:37:34 AM »

Two die in overpass accident
Published: 30 May 2009
Trinidad Guardian

Fire officers work to get the driver and victims out of the damaged seven-seater taxi after the accident.
[/i]

Two people were killed and another two hospitalised after a taxi crashed into a wall at the end of the overpass on the Uriah Butler Highway, yesterday morning. Brian Lezammo, of Ayers Avenue in Princes Town, died on the spot, while Zobida Hosein, of Edinburgh Road in Chaguanas, was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital. Driver Kenrick Alverez, of Port-of-Spain, Josh Barnett, Andell Andrew and Marjorie Johnson, of Morvant, were treated at the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex in Mt Hope, police said.
A police report said the driver was exiting the overpass, heading south in front of the Grand Bazaar entrance, around 6 am, when he lost control of the car and slammed into a concrete wall. The accident caused a traffic jam as motorists stopped their vehicles to look at the incident. WPC Charles of the St Joseph Police is continuing the investigation. The road fatality figure stands at 97 for the year.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 30, 2009, 03:51:18 PM »
i wonder if its that place where i said before need a traffic light. 

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 30, 2009, 03:59:45 PM »

I'm reading the story and thinking if its the same place where some one posted initially that they saw a problem with the exit....tragic...

Edit:
I just checked and it was Fishs who first raised concerns....would be nice to get some idea as to exactly what happened to determine if is really a problem with the flyover or just some idiot just driving wild, wild and dotish as usual....
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 04:01:59 PM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 30, 2009, 04:52:49 PM »
i have a feeling is speeding . 96 deaths so far including the boxer girl i forget her name.  Too much trinis think they are invincible when the get in a ride and speeding.  We need 24/7 highway patrol by grand bazaar  and claxton bay flyover immediately now.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 30, 2009, 05:13:27 PM »

I'm reading the story and thinking if its the same place where some one posted initially that they saw a problem with the exit....tragic...

Edit:
I just checked and it was Fishs who first raised concerns....would be nice to get some idea as to exactly what happened to determine if is really a problem with the flyover or just some idiot just driving wild, wild and dotish as usual....

trus me mos ah d time is wild drivin

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 30, 2009, 07:09:26 PM »

Edit:

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 31, 2009, 09:02:54 AM »

Edit:

Tell me about it.....steups!!...

I constantly check my rearview mirror  so imagine my surprise when, driving up from South yesterday, I checked the mirror and there was a white B15 behind me (for quite a while) and I am certain 5 seconds (not more than 10) had passed and when I checked the mirror again this Reanult just appeared literally out of nowhere, going at break neck speed. He (or she) cut in front of the B15 and since I wasn't moving, cut back in the next lane and just keep going with the same break neck speed up the highway.  Thing is, I followed he (or she) for quite some distance.
I does see dat kinda driving and think....

1. What is the point?  Is not like you will arrive at your destination ah whole lot faster and

2. The highway was clear yesterday since it was a public holiday so all that speed was really necessary?

I does just pray hard everyday that one of these lunatics doh hit me or any of my relatives.  Especially on that North/South (and vice-versa) stretch...real madness!!..
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 31, 2009, 03:11:26 PM »
if u tink that mnorth south stretch is trouble...imagine going point fortin from sando.  a time i take a point taxi to go for a job interview at some one of them companies...that driver had me clutching the seat for dear life, i swear mosquito creek pass by in a blur...will never forget that experience.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carnage on T&T Roads
« Reply #253 on: July 06, 2009, 09:17:31 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-1jmPW-BhA&feature=player_embedded
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8-1jmPW-BhA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8-1jmPW-BhA</a>

4 road fatalities in 4 days

By INDARJIT SEURAJ Monday, July 6 2009
click on pic to zoom in
DEATH RIDE: The mangled wreck of Dillon Marcano's Toyota Land Cruiser at the Maraval Police Station. Marcano was one of four persons to be killed with...
DEATH RIDE: The mangled wreck of Dillon Marcano's Toyota Land Cruiser at the Maraval Police Station. Marcano was one of four persons to be killed with...

AN EARLY morning car crash along the Maqueripe Road in Chaguaramas yesterday, has claimed the life of a Laventille man. Police believe Brandon Barett, 22, of Lp 27 Trou Macaque Road, Laventille, died instantly when his car crashed into a concrete barrier at the side of the road.

He is the third person to die on the nation’s roads this weekend and also the fourth in four days, all in separate accidents.

The accident reportedly took place sometime between 5 am and 6.45 am. Reports are that Barett was driving a black Nissan Sunny north along the Maqueripe Road, when he lost control of the vehicle, causing it to crash on the concrete barrier. By the time onlookers had rushed to his aid in the lonely area, he was already dead.

On Saturday, a Beetham resident identified as Nehru Pooran died at about 10.30 am while attempting to cross the Beetham Highway near the NP flyover. He died instantly when he was struck by an oncoming vehicle.

Also that day, 31-year-old Dillon Marcano of Moraldo Street, Maraval died when his Toyota Land Cruiser rolled down a precipice off a street on Morne Coco Road, Maraval. The accident occurred just after 5 am.

Marcano’s van tumbled down to the bottom of the hill and eventually crashed on the compound of a gated apartment complex. He died at the Port-of-Spain General Hospital later that day.

And on Thursday evening, Anthony Solomon, 33, died in an accident at the El Socorro traffic lights on the Churchill-Roosevelt Highway.

Solomon, a security guard with Thor Security, was thrown out from a security van after it was hit from behind by a delivery truck shortly after 6 pm.

He was reportedly thrown through the back window and onto a concrete barrier dividing the east and west bound lanes. Investigations are continuing in all four deaths.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 09:21:15 AM by Babalawo »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 06, 2009, 01:58:13 PM »
RIP everyone!

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #255 on: July 07, 2009, 05:53:10 AM »
I don't know where she got it from, but my mom was fairly insistent that once I sat in the front seat of the car I had to wear a seat belt. Once you were under 11 you did not ride in the front seat and once in the back you couldn't lean forward between the 2 seats to talk or look out front or whatever.

Between that and living in the US for a while I've developed quite a few habits for road safety here. I've occassionally dropped my roommate's 5-year old or son or just taken him for a drive. He has to sit in the back seat and wear the seatbelt. He can't use the shoulder harness because it cuts across his neck and that is a concern for me. I've asked a relative of mine to locate the "thing" that allows the shoulder harness to fit smaller people. When I travel in the front seat of any vehicle, including taxis and maxis, I wear the seatbelt and in vehicles that are equipped with them I also strap up in the backseat.

There is no concept of road safety. Between my job and extra curricular activities I'm on the road a lot and I say my prayers regularly. Men changing lanes over solid white lines, tail gating at high speeds, swerving in and out of traffic, travelling at high speeds in dense traffic and just showing no respect for life - their own or others. That typical, "I is a borse driver, dat cyah happen to me" attitude will add plenty more fatalities to that 222 before the year done. Imagine in this day and age men still spending hours by the bar to just jump in their car to drive home after.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 07, 2009, 07:17:17 AM »
it seems to me that  disproportionate number of thoe killed on the roads happen to be of East Indian descent.

Am I wrong?

A disproportionate number of them murdered/kidnapped too if you want to look at it that way.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 07, 2009, 04:48:15 PM »
I don't know where she got it from, but my mom was fairly insistent that once I sat in the front seat of the car I had to wear a seat belt. Once you were under 11 you did not ride in the front seat and once in the back you couldn't lean forward between the 2 seats to talk or look out front or whatever.

Between that and living in the US for a while I've developed quite a few habits for road safety here. I've occassionally dropped my roommate's 5-year old or son or just taken him for a drive. He has to sit in the back seat and wear the seatbelt. He can't use the shoulder harness because it cuts across his neck and that is a concern for me. I've asked a relative of mine to locate the "thing" that allows the shoulder harness to fit smaller people. When I travel in the front seat of any vehicle, including taxis and maxis, I wear the seatbelt and in vehicles that are equipped with them I also strap up in the backseat.

There is no concept of road safety. Between my job and extra curricular activities I'm on the road a lot and I say my prayers regularly. Men changing lanes over solid white lines, tail gating at high speeds, swerving in and out of traffic, travelling at high speeds in dense traffic and just showing no respect for life - their own or others. That typical, "I is a borse driver, dat cyah happen to me" attitude will add plenty more fatalities to that 222 before the year done. Imagine in this day and age men still spending hours by the bar to just jump in their car to drive home after.

It's called a seat belt adjuster, can find at stores like toys r us in the baby section, and babies r us. it's on Amazon too, about $10.

http://www.amazon.com/Safe-Fit-Seat-Belt-Adjuster/dp/B000OR5JBE/ref=pd_cp_ba_2

Think, I've seen it at Walmart in the auto section too. I use one because the belt always cuts across my neck no matter how I adjust it.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 07, 2009, 08:39:08 PM »
Breathylizer by 31/12/09 Imbert say so. I eh know if 2  :rotfl: or b >:(
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 08:40:50 PM by weary1969 »

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #259 on: July 08, 2009, 10:29:08 AM »

It's called a seat belt adjuster, can find at stores like toys r us in the baby section, and babies r us. it's on Amazon too, about $10.

http://www.amazon.com/Safe-Fit-Seat-Belt-Adjuster/dp/B000OR5JBE/ref=pd_cp_ba_2

Think, I've seen it at Walmart in the auto section too. I use one because the belt always cuts across my neck no matter how I adjust it.

Thanks. My cousin told me she'll get it for me. I think she has one already.

Just last night driving home from picking up my gf at the airport a man nearly added a group of us to the growing list of statistics. We were in a bunch of cars approaching Trincity lights (travelling west) which was already red. This man, in what I think was an Accent, comes speeding down the shoulder, cuts sharply in behind me and squeezes between me and the car slightly behind me before cutting across into the lane of cars waiting to turn right where he promptly has to stop and wait anyway. I saw him coming and had already started to pull inward to make room for him to pass on the shoulder and had to swerve out when I realised he was going to fit through a space not big enough for him to fit between me and the other car. He passed so close to us that I am suprised he did not take the wing mirror with him as he sped by. How he did not hit the other car was also a miracle. The worst of it is that when we were going by where he was waiting in the turning lane he was laughing with someone in the car and completely unconcerned about his reckless behavior. I couldn't see the driver of the other car clearly because they had a fairly dark tint, but they came rolling up to the light really slow and I figured that their legs had the same jelly feeling mine did. Where this man was going that killing 3 or 4 people just to stop at the red light yards away was no big deal I would like to know.

Guess that's the government fault too.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 08, 2009, 07:26:19 PM »
I hadda admit once I reach trini, and get in the car, I close my eyes till we get home. That ride from the airport  up the highway to sando, lordy the kinda driving I see there at times. I will be in town this weekend so hopefully is a peaceful weekend driving wise.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 08, 2009, 08:49:18 PM »
I hadda admit once I reach trini, and get in the car, I close my eyes till we get home. That ride from the airport  up the highway to sando, lordy the kinda driving I see there at times. I will be in town this weekend so hopefully is a peaceful weekend driving wise.
i wish u a safe  trip to that god forsaken place. hope yuh leave with yuh life from that hell hole...yuh rbave to leave uncle sam and dem gyul.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #262 on: July 09, 2009, 03:31:58 PM »
i wish u a safe  trip to that god forsaken place. hope yuh leave with yuh life from that hell hole...yuh rbave to leave uncle sam and dem gyul.

You must thank God every day that Trinidad and Tobago is your definition of a hell hole... I will pray to God that people like you never find out what a real hole is like.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 09, 2009, 04:13:36 PM »

You must thank God every day that Trinidad and Tobago is your definition of a hell hole... I will pray to God that people like you never find out what a real hole is like.
sigh  ::)
Sarcasm
A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
eg. Your one of the sharpest posters here.

:praying: i dont have to define sharpest!!
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #264 on: July 10, 2009, 08:59:30 AM »
The thing with typing is nuances or tones aren't always apparent. I apologise for the misunderstanding.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 10, 2009, 11:15:36 AM »

Sarcasm
A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

Not easily recognised in these parts.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 10, 2009, 11:31:55 AM »

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 10, 2009, 04:04:59 PM »

Sarcasm

I'd forgotten you were one of the sharpless....................... *sigh*

well just for you and your sincere thoughts I'll go to the mall and flash my iphone and see if i get stabbed since you have nothing but the best wishes for me.  Wouldnt want to let you down.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 04:07:30 PM by verycute1 »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 20, 2009, 07:10:34 AM »
Khan dies after crashing into electricity pole

Nikita Braxton South Bureau

Monday, July 20th 2009

SHAZAM KHAN was supposed to sell his green Nissan March motorcar today. The money from the sale was going towards helping him purchase a new car.

Those plans changed on Saturday night.

Police said Khan was driving his car around 10.20 p.m. along the Palmiste Boulevard in Palmiste when he slammed head-on into a metal electricity pole. The 23-year-old was assisted by passersby until an ambulance took him to the San Fernando General Hospital. He died while in the emergency room.

"He was going to sell his car and save $800 more to buy a (Nissan) B12," his brother-in-law Brian Lall said yesterday.

Lall said Khan called him on his cellular phone about five minutes after the accident and told him he lost control of the car and needed help. Lall said he did not think the request suspicious and his brother-in-law did not sound hurt. He and other relatives then left Khan's Dumfries Road, Hermitage Village, San Fernando home to meet the construction worker.

"When we got there we saw a doctor (who had stopped to assist) administering CPR on him," Lall said.

Eyewitnesses told the family the car was travelling at a normal speed when suddenly it accelerated and hit the pole. Khan was the lone occupant in the vehicle. He lived with his parents and siblings and was the eldest boy in the family.

"He told his mother he was going to buy burgers by Cross Crossing (San Fernando) and was coming back now," Lall said.

Khan had an abrasion on his forehead and cut to his chin after the accident, Lall said. An autopsy will be performed today to determine the cause of death.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 31, 2009, 08:19:41 PM »

DEATH CRASH: Shocked relatives of coconut vendors Ramesh Ramkissoon and Rishi Joseph, look at the car both men died in following an accident in St Augustine yesterday.
Author: Indarjit Seuraj

Lifelong friends die in accident
Joel Julien jjulien@trinidadexpress.com

Friday, July 31st 2009

The duo were colleagues, next door neighbours, and close friends, relatives for both men, who were all gathered together outside the morgue at the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex (EWMSC) in Mt Hope, said yesterday.

That brotherly bond between Ramkissoon, 38, and Joseph, 27, was broken around 4 a.m. yesterday, when the car in which they were travelling slammed into the tunnel wall near the entrance to the University of the West Indies. Both men died on the spot.

Ramkissoon was a father of four children aged between 16 and four, his wife, Anna Ramlal, said.

Both men lived at Freeman Road in St Augustine all their lives, Joseph's father, Sahadeo Boodram, said.

Close to 50 family members, friends and neighbours gathered to lend support to one another outside the mortuary yesterday.

The accident which killed the two coconut vendors was the second one in two days in which two men were killed on one of the nation's roadways in an early morning crash.

On Wednesday morning, the Boyce brothers Jeffrey, 23, and Germaine, 20, both plumbers, were killed after a car crash on the Churchill Roosevelt Highway in Aranjuez.

For this month alone there have been at least four crashes in which two occupants of a vehicle have been killed.

Last Friday, Kernal Jaimungal and Vernon Bridgelal, two employees at the Ministry of Agriculture, lost their lives in a car crash in Manzanilla.

And in the first of this fatal trend for the month, gardeners Jameel Ali, 49, and his son Qadir, 21, were killed following a crash along the Churchill Roosevelt Highway in St Augustine on July 15.

Yesterday, the mangled remains of the Proton Wira that Ramkissoon and Joseph were in was parked right next to the burnt shell of the van that the Alis were in.

Both vehicles were parked on the roadway outside the St Joseph Police Station as a reminder of the 127 road fatalities for this year so far. The road fatality figure was 151 for the same period last year.

In a telephone interview with the Express yesterday, Traffic Branch Senior Superintendent Earl Gonzales said the Police Service was pleading with motorists to exercise extreme caution on the roadways, especially in this rainy season.

Gonzales also urged anyone who may witness reckless driving on this nation's roads to contact the police immediately, as this will assist in preemptive action. He added that additional mobile patrols would also be seen on the roads.

Brent Batson, the technical advisor for Arrive Alive, called on "the general public to wake up, because human lives are worth much more than taking chances on the road."

Batson also urged motorists to "use common sense", wear seat belts and ensure that their tyres and brakes are in working order during the rainy season.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 08:25:42 PM by Babalawo »

1]; } ?>