April 29, 2024, 10:52:30 PM

Poll

Should T&T add a toll booth to the highway.

No
6 (40%)
Yes
7 (46.7%)
Give it a try
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Traffic & Accident Thread  (Read 94617 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Carnage on T&T Roads
« Reply #270 on: August 02, 2009, 08:02:02 AM »
The other day, I was waiting on the light by Ellerslie Plaza to turn green so I could turn right and drive towards Kapok and the Savannah.  When the light eventually did turn green, not one, not two, not three, but FOUR cars all ran the red light!!!....not even the sight of a 25 seater red band maxi blocking their path in one of the two lanes stopped them!!....

So with that in mind and in reference to this story....sssttteeeuupppsss!!!.....NEXT!!!!...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 02, 2009, 11:49:24 AM »
Breathylizer by 31/12/09 Imbert say so. I eh know if 2  :rotfl: or b >:(

Breathylizer? in trini? i cyah see people taking that on. U guaranteed to see people stopping on the highway to drink soemwhere in trini, esp on weekend or holiday.
Just last night- emancipation night- i telling my family that it go be dangerous to drive home, cause i know people go be 'emancipating' themselves all over. Play yuh en know that soon as we hit the highway - is two car loads of people (well dressed with shirt and tie etc) pull up on the shoulder and trunk up with drinks galore for everyone.
Same emancipation night a few years ago, i waiting by the lights to turn south by grand bazaar, and this man hit me from behind, i just see part of my bumper flying across the intersection. When i come out, the fella (old fella well dressed )cyah even walk or talk properly, fuss he drunk. He wife have to come out and talk for him. We went in the police station and the office say how, it eh have no law about being drunk and driving. Anyhow, no-one got injured and the fella insurance pay.

I dunno how they would implement that breathylizer nah. I feel it might have a next coup by the limers if they bring that.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 02, 2009, 02:42:13 PM »
The other day, I was waiting on the light by Ellerslie Plaza to turn green so I could turn right and drive towards Kapok and the Savannah.  When the light eventually did turn green, not one, not two, not three, but FOUR cars all ran the red light!!!....not even the sight of a 25 seater red band maxi blocking their path in one of the two lanes stopped them!!....

So with that in mind and in reference to this story....sssttteeeuupppsss!!!.....NEXT!!!!...
good thing ur safe. defensive driving other than aggressive driving is the way to go

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #273 on: August 03, 2009, 02:14:42 PM »

That is a sad norm. I tend to hesitate to ensure it is safe before I pull off, I doh care who blow their horn.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: CLR Highway live traffic cam
« Reply #275 on: August 07, 2009, 02:50:50 PM »
hey man where allyuh find these things. it looking like somebody fLiming outta dey window..lol
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 02:53:14 PM by Organic »
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 07, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »
Absolutely ... riveting ... recurring... err ... random ... another candidate fuh entertaining Zeppo.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 07, 2009, 06:38:32 PM »
is that a private cam , or the new security cams
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 10, 2009, 09:26:53 PM »
who put that camera there? lol

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
« Reply #279 on: August 11, 2009, 06:42:25 AM »
just someone trying to sell cameras

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 11, 2009, 03:33:26 PM »
OH  can now see it at the north west corner of the intersection

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 11, 2009, 08:57:42 PM »
ah jus see mih uncle pass in he orange vauxhall
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

AirMan

$2,000 fines for Traffic volations in Trinbago
« Reply #282 on: January 03, 2010, 11:49:54 PM »
With the beginning of the new year... the implementation of the new penalties for traffic offences and fines should become effective... as part of the fiscal measures announced by the government during the Budget presentation of 2010.
But as it was said it was NOT done. Watch Video report here..http://www.cbeanmedia.org/TV6NEWS_F4V/Links/new_fiscal_measures_include_stiffer_penalties_for_traffic_offences_10_01_02.htm

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: $2,000 fines for Traffic volations in Trinbago
« Reply #283 on: January 05, 2010, 03:43:55 PM »
Shoulder does be clear on a morning since the new year turn.

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 05, 2010, 06:57:34 PM »
Yet people were crying about how draconian de laws were.

AirMan

« Reply #285 on: January 07, 2010, 12:23:03 AM »
Shoulder does be clear on a morning since the new year turn.

yeh so alot of people saying

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 18, 2010, 05:37:42 PM »
Four close friends die in Manzanilla crash

Published: 18 Jan 2010
Camille Clarke

Four friends lost their lives in a vehicular accident on the Manzanilla Main Road early yesterday morning. Rikki Balroop, 23, an employee at the Ministry of Energy; Rickson Lalla, 24, an information technology student; Marvin Seebaran; and Sardiya Sharma, 23, a chemical engineering graduate, all died on the spot after their car flipped over several times and crashed into a Hilux. A report said the friends, all residents of the Sangre Grande district, were proceeding east along the main road at Sangre Chiquito around 1.14 am, when Lalla, who was driving, lost control of the car.

They had just left a “small lime” and had decided to go to Manzanilla beach, relatives said. The driver of the Hilux, Shane Leon, was taken to the Sangre Grande District Hospital where he was treated and discharged. During a brief interview at Balroop’s family home in Guaico, Terry Beekhee, Rikki’s uncle, said young drivers should pay more attention to road traffic regulations. “Most young drivers need to know what they are doing to avoid accidents...My advice to them is to study the regulations,” Beekhee said. Rikki’s brother, Hayden, said he was shocked to hear about the accident.

“I heard there were cars drag-racing and they crashed into the back of a Hilux,” he said. He had nothing but praise for his younger sibling. “He wanted to continue studying at John D (Technical Institute),” he said. “They were bright young people who would not do anything on a whim. They were the smartest people I know.” Balroop’s cousin, who refused to give his name, said he was saved, because he was “broke.” “He (Rikki) asked me continually to lime with him,” he said. “He was my cousin and we used to be very close. Money was short, or else you would be writing about me also.”

Lalla’s father, Gupta, expressed his condolences to the other families. “It is difficult to deal with...They grew up together,” Gupta said. Lalla was also Sharma’s boyfriend. Gupta said his son would have graduated with a bachelor’s degree in computer technology. Sharma’s mother, Sita, said her daughter had been hoping for a job in chemical engineering. “It was her field...She didn’t want to teach,” the distraught mother said, weeping throughout the brief interview. “I can’t function...that was my only daughter.” Manzanilla police are continuing investigations.

http://guardian.co.tt/news/general/2010/01/18/four-close-friends-die-manzanilla-crash

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #287 on: January 18, 2010, 07:50:52 PM »
I find is time for the media houses and reporters to put down HOW THEY DIED.
You see this board statement of 'vehicular accident' ain't go work no more. Cause it's like nobody listening or seeing what going on in the roads.

Say what they died from, whether be speeding, drunk driving, texting while driving, illegal driving, breaking lights etc.. steupse!! fed up of this shit oui >:(

How frigging fast you hadda be driving for a HILUX to flip several times?

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 19, 2010, 08:47:23 AM »
You see this board statement of 'vehicular accident' ain't go work no more. Cause it's like nobody listening or seeing what going on in the roads.

Say what they died from, whether be speeding, drunk driving, texting while driving, illegal driving, breaking lights etc.. steupse!! fed up of this shit oui >:(

They get a bad drive of course... A man could have scotch in he veins, bald tires, driving twice the speed limit in the wrong lane, during a rainstorm, but the deadly bad drive will always get the blame.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 19, 2010, 09:36:18 AM »

They were not driving the Hilux, they hit it.
And until the police determine the cause of the accident the brother's comments will have to suffice.
“I heard there were cars drag-racing and they crashed into the back of a Hilux,”

Nothing more to be said, they were obviously speeding.

truetrini

« Reply #290 on: January 19, 2010, 10:51:36 AM »
Serious question here.  Not meant to be insensitive or racist.

But whenever I read of these road deaths in T&T, the vast majority seem to be East Indian.  Was wondering what caused this.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 20, 2010, 03:43:54 PM »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 25, 2010, 07:07:43 PM »

Husband, wife die in crash

By CECILY ASSON Monday, January 25 2010

TWO FAMILIES were yesterday plunged into mourning following the death of young couple Kershel Harripersad, 22, and his wife Leanna Tallan-Harripersad, 21, of San Fernando who perished in a vehicular accident.

The accident which claimed the lives of the couple happened at about 4.10 pm on the southbound lane of the Solomon Hochoy Highway near the Housing Development Corporation (HDC) in Tarouba. The accident resulted in a massive traffic pile-up.

Fire fighters had to use the “jaws of life” (a hydraulic cutting device) to remove the bodies from the wreck of their red Subaru sports car.

The couple’s one-year-old daughter Haley, first thought to be in seated in the back passenger seat, was however home safe with her grandparents.

Tallan-Harripersad’s grieving father, businessman Mitra Narinesingh, told Newsday he believed his daughter and son-in-law might have been on their way to MovieTowne when the accident happened.

According to police, at about 4.10 pm, Kershel a pipe-fitter was driving his car along the northbound lane of the highway when the vehicle crossed the median and collided with a green pick up van driven by Gregory Augustine, which was proceeding on the southbound lane. The Harripersads, who were married two years ago, died on the spot.

An injured Augustine and an unidentified passenger were rushed to the San Fernando General Hospital for treatment. Some relatives who arrived on the scene wept uncontrollably while others just stood looking on in a daze. Officers of the Mon Repos Police Station are investigating.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 25, 2010, 07:13:40 PM »

that car have rel stunts, how it down and up the ditch divide

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 25, 2010, 07:21:28 PM »
It nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gooooooooooooooooooooo stoppppppppppppp
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 25, 2010, 07:29:07 PM »
When will people learn.  Racing cars are for racing, not the Highwayssss

**** Extremely graphic photos
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=191938&id=518670271#/album.php?aid=191938&id=518670271

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 25, 2010, 07:29:35 PM »

dem had to clocking some serious numbers. cuz if it is yuh lose control at a 'normal' speed, d worst mite happen to u is yuh mite end up in d ditch. but to cross onto d opposite lnae of d highway, d car wud have to 'fly' across d ditch.

when mankind in T&T go learn ?

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=191938&id=518670271#/album.php?aid=191938&id=518670271

breds, ah cyah get on to d link
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 07:31:24 PM by STEUPS!! »
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #297 on: January 25, 2010, 07:31:46 PM »
Okay......who cyah hear.... :-\

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 25, 2010, 07:35:20 PM »

dem had to clocking some serious numbers. cuz if it is yuh lose control at a 'normal' speed, d worst mite happen to u is yuh mite end up in d ditch. but to cross onto d opposite lnae of d highway, d car wud have to 'fly' across d ditch.

when mankind in T&T go learn ?

breds, ah cyah get on to d link

Either you have to be FB friends with Jason or a friend of his friends

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #299 on: January 25, 2010, 07:43:08 PM »
I reach photo #7 and I stopped.

man body hanging out the red car.....enough for a Monday night :-\
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 07:48:06 PM by Prematie Bheem »