April 25, 2024, 09:51:07 AM

Author Topic: Magath offered Puerto Rico post  (Read 3745 times)

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
Magath offered Puerto Rico post
« on: August 06, 2006, 09:08:18 AM »
 well fellas seems like the region is getting serious with their attempts to qualify going after the big guns....they cant emulate us though

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylt=AtUGohdFQ0pkBuJJPPZloCkmw7YF?slug=afp-fblwc2010purger&prov=afp&type=lgns

AFP
August 6, 2006
MUNICH, Germany (AFP) - Bayern Munich coach Felix Magath has revealed that Puerto Rico had approached him about becoming the country's team director in the build-up to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

"I have an offer from Puerto Rico," Magath told Focus magazine Sunday. "The president of the Puerto Rico Football Federation asked me whether I could work as team director in the build-up to the 2010 World Cup."

The 53-year-old Magath, whose father was born in Puerto Rico and currently lives there, admits the post is tempting and said he would make a decision within the next month.

ADVERTISEMENT

Magath is contracted with Bayern until June 2008 and said he had informed the German champions of the offer.

If Magath, a 1983 European Cup winner with SV Hamburg, chooses to accept the post it means he is likely to leave Bayern when his contract expires in 2008 as Puerto Rico's qualification campaign begins that summer.

Magath took over as Bayern coach two seasons ago and guided the club to back to back league and cup doubles in his first two years at the helm.

Updated on Sunday, Aug

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
Re: Magath offered Puerto Rico post
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 09:10:48 AM »
personally i think he may take da job as he is begining to feel the pressure somewhat at bayern ...with the board telling him he has to win the elague in each season whereas with hamburg he was told to merely challenge for it (exceptional coach though)...also it owuld only serve as 2 years so he would get a nice so called vacation and the ever famous "family time"

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 09:14:41 AM »

AFP
August 6, 2006
MUNICH, Germany (AFP) - Bayern Munich coach Felix Magath has revealed that Puerto Rico had approached him about becoming the country's team director in the build-up to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

"I have an offer from Puerto Rico," Magath told Focus magazine Sunday. "The president of the Puerto Rico Football Federation asked me whether I could work as team director in the build-up to the 2010 World Cup."

The 53-year-old Magath, whose father was born in Puerto Rico and currently lives there, admits the post is tempting and said he would make a decision within the next month.

ADVERTISEMENT

Magath is contracted with Bayern until June 2008 and said he had informed the German champions of the offer.

If Magath, a 1983 European Cup winner with SV Hamburg, chooses to accept the post it means he is likely to leave Bayern when his contract expires in 2008 as Puerto Rico's qualification campaign begins that summer.

Magath took over as Bayern coach two seasons ago and guided the club to back to back league and cup doubles in his first two years at the helm.

Boy every body want to make it to the World Cup since we make it what a thing

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 09:19:57 AM »
All dey hadda do is leggo some Puerto Rican woman on him he will sign one time.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 10:13:46 AM »
personally i think he may take da job as he is begining to feel the pressure somewhat at bayern ...with the board telling him he has to win the elague in each season whereas with hamburg he was told to merely challenge for it (exceptional coach though)...also it owuld only serve as 2 years so he would get a nice so called vacation and the ever famous "family time"

That will be a very short vacation. San Juan Jabloteh could beat Puerto Rico :chilling:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 10:14:40 AM »
Steupes.  Dey couldn't a offer Gally or BSC de wuk?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 12:58:58 PM »

That will be a very short vacation. San Juan Jabloteh could beat Puerto Rico :chilling:

lol nah tobago united go give dem licks.  :chilling:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 01:30:15 PM »
 ???  ???  ???

Seems everyone want to go World Cup now that we qualify. Man, what a way to motivate our fellow Caribbean territories. They noew seeing the benefits of going to a World Cup.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 03:33:20 PM »
hahahaha Puerto Rico even have a team???  :devil:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 04:06:06 PM »
Well boy.  Baseball crazy PR getting serious about the game.  I'm not sure of the level of talent they have though.  Seems like we set the tone for the smaller or lesser known footballing countries.  Everybody looking for big name coaches to put some structure into their game.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 05:28:43 PM »
???  ???  ???

Seems everyone want to go World Cup now that we qualify. Man, what a way to motivate our fellow Caribbean territories. They noew seeing the benefits of going to a World Cup.

What are the benefits of going to a world cup? Caribbean nations started taking interest in going to teh world cup after Jamaica did it. T&T making the finals is just re-enforcing the interest. I suppose very soon one of haiti/Cuba will make the breakthrough. As much as I like the chnaces of say a Grenada and St. vIncent, I dont think they have the resources to go all teh way. As poor as Haiti is, in the world of soccer they might have more resources than the other smaller islands.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 05:46:50 PM »
???  ???  ???

What are the benefits of going to a world cup? Caribbean nations started taking interest in going to teh world cup after Jamaica did it. T&T making the finals is just re-enforcing the interest. I suppose very soon one of haiti/Cuba will make the breakthrough. As much as I like the chnaces of say a Grenada and St. vIncent, I dont think they have the resources to go all teh way. As poor as Haiti is, in the world of soccer they might have more resources than the other smaller islands.

caribbean nations have ben very interested in going to the WC long before JA or Trinidad qualified, otherwise they would not have been participating in WC qualifiers all along. Perhaps whenever a Caribbean nation qualifies it reinforces the belief in the other caribbean nations that they can do it as well, and they put more resources or planning into it.....which is what I think people on this thread are trying to say RF. No disrespect to JA, but your qualification in 1998 brought Caribbean pride and belief in other Caribbean nations then. Right now, T&T's WC appearance is the catalyst for renewed enthusiasm and belief. People are saying if T&T can do it..why can't we...Not, if JA did it in 1998, why can't we? Respect to JA...your place in history secure. Not everything hadda be a T&T vs, Jamaica thing. In fact, I'm sure there are a lot of people who are saying, if T&T and Jamaica can do it..why can't we? bless

by the way..you do know that Haiti 'qualified' for a WC before JA. Doh mind de bastards tief. Yuh talking like JA was the first...Haiti already made the breakthrough...I just eh mention dem initially as ah inspiration cuz dey tief
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 05:49:17 PM by Filho »

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 07:52:42 PM »
Dem Jamaicans just like to boast.Dey damn dunce every country trying to make it long long time especially t&t on two occasions we were within an arms length.Just one time jam do and reach and they allways bussin up dey mouth

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 08:25:32 PM »
Steupes.  Dey couldn't a offer Gally or BSC de wuk?
:rotfl:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2006, 08:49:15 AM »
Steups that coach cant help them cause even Tobago United could beat Puerto-Rico!!!!!!!!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 09:07:27 AM »
hahahaha Puerto Rico even have a team???  :devil:

allyuh laugh now,next thing yuh before yuh blink they kickin we arse................

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2006, 10:46:43 AM »
It's this same reason they got into the USL Div. 1. The PR Islanders have become one of the most difficult teams to play against and they're very consistent at home. They have a plan to take the game to the next level. And with baseball experiencing a 'lull' of sorts there, they intend to get on the football bandwagon and make something of this effort.

Be very aware of PR. They have the money to invest. That alone + their desire to improve on the world fotball stage is a dangerous combination, not just for T&T, but for the entire Caribbean.

Take heed. Who would have thought Magaths name would be found in the same sentence as PR football?

Lata, Blessings and enjoy the day.
Richard G
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2006, 11:11:01 AM »
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

TrinInfinite

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2006, 03:27:41 PM »
allyuh now talking that on this post, ive been saying this since we qualify and i even post a thread about it, allyuh slow or wha :devil:

1]; } ?>