April 23, 2024, 02:18:01 PM

Author Topic: Ah day in de South Land  (Read 3873 times)

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
Ah day in de South Land
« on: August 07, 2006, 11:28:51 AM »
I went down Point Fortin for the Weekend and it was an interesting one. I met up with Andre Toussaint of W Connection along with some other former Intercol players

Most of you were wondering why Andre didn't make the squad to face Japan. He is injured. He picked up a slight knee injury that kept him out of connections last 4 games

Connection also transferred Andre's striking partner from since secondary school days Kendall "neck" Davis to Joe Public

I know many of you were wondering whatever happened to Nkosi Blackman the lone goal scorer for us at the under 17-world cup. He is currently employed at Atlantic LNG Point Fortin ( I stand corrected but this is the info i got on a short interview)

Also for my fellow ex benedicts SW members i have great news. Mr. Jan Stedman is the new coach of  St Benedicts college Intercol side... (smiles) it's what we wanted on for years.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 11:41:59 AM by Tallman »

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ah day in de South Land
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 11:36:27 AM »

Most of you were wondering why Andre didn't make the squad to face Japan.

nooooooooo not really

Més que un club.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ah day in de South Land (continued)
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 11:37:01 AM »
I know many of you were wondering whatever happened to Nkosi Blackman the lone goal scorer for us at the under 17-world cup. He is currently employed at Atlantic LNG Point Fortin ( I stand corrected but this is the info i got on a short interview)

Also for my fellow ex benedicts SW members i have great news. Mr. Jan Stedman is the new coach of  St Benedicts college Intercol side... (smiles) it's what we wanted on for years.

so nkosi done with football then fuh good hard luck dey nkosi
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah day in de South Land( part 3) Meh net giving trouble
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 11:48:12 AM »
Subsequently if u ever wish to play the highest-level of Football for a US college I advise you to try the Mid West schools. Predominantly white but we folks of colour tend to make the top teams in that division. Sean Smith a former Benedictine like myself, never played a game of Intercol football but I currently a starting midfielder for the University of Massachusetts (UMASS).  Many Intercol players fail to make UCLA’s team so after speaking with Sean I can suggest if u want to play at the highest level and thus get a greater chance of being recognized, try the Midwest colleges. NB you may need to do very well on your SATs though.

This was my one-day in de southland

Pasdah Beatz out

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ah day in de South Land( part 3) Meh net giving trouble
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 11:55:35 AM »
Subsequently if u ever wish to play the highest-level of Football for a US college I advise you to try the Mid West schools. Predominantly white but we folks of colour tend to make the top teams in that division. Sean Smith a former Benedictine like myself, never played a game of Intercol football but I currently a starting midfielder for the University of Massachusetts (UMASS).  Many Intercol players fail to make UCLA’s team so after speaking with Sean I can suggest if u want to play at the highest level and thus get a greater chance of being recognized, try the Midwest colleges. NB you may need to do very well on your SATs though.

Pasdah Beatz out

??? ??? ???

Confused Confused!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 12:05:02 PM »

Pasdah Beatz out

??? ??? ???

Confused Confused!!

is aight FF
yuh eh realise from the line I quote that is lala he talking
the man calling East Coast schools and talking bout mid west

Més que un club.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 12:07:57 PM »

Pasdah Beatz out

??? ??? ???

Confused Confused!!

last time i checked u mass was in the north east of the country.   did whomever you talked to give you some other schools in the midwest.  you are offering good advice but you seem to have your geography wrong.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 12:11:26 PM »

Pasdah Beatz out

??? ??? ???

Confused Confused!!

is aight FF
yuh eh realise from the line I quote that is lala he talking
the man calling East Coast schools and talking bout mid west

nah man...UMASS in de mid western part ah Boston.....dais what he did mean to say....ah tink  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 01:17:44 PM »
Is he still playing in the south zone?

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 02:26:38 PM »
Like Blackman give up football.

If he working Atlantic LNG in point and he permanent then things nice and he ent have tuh worry about football again to be happy.  lol.

But if he working with ah contractor, crapaud smoke he pipe!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

TrinInfinite

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 02:42:32 PM »
w connection players doh get picked in excess, but i hope touissant make de team bc he is tears, look how baptiste make the squad, tinto and touissant should be due any minute tuh make an appearance for the natl

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 03:08:18 PM »

Pasdah Beatz out

Not only is UMASS not a midwestern school, but check the logic behind trying midwest colleges:

Many Intercol players fail to make UCLA’s team so after speaking with Sean I can suggest if u want to play at the highest level and thus get a greater chance of being recognized, try the Midwest colleges.

And to put icing on the cake- the caveat :

you may need to do very well on your SATs though.

In other words, you MAY need to do VERY well on your SAT's to get into A MIDWEST COLLEGE of which I could not give an example.....reason being- many intercol players didn't make the UCLA starting line up

How insightful !!

Iz just kix I on eh Beatz, doh cuss meh  :beermug:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 03:14:38 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 05:19:47 PM »
man it really sad tuh see wat happen tuh nkosi aka "chucky" seein dat me and dis man grow up together from de days ah mable pitch tuh hunting, dis fella was to be my ticket to watlessness imagine if he was playin fuh an epl team and i already livin london it wudda be me n him limin he sexy gyul wudda run him down n i wudda be de one to dive on de grenade & take de ugly fren in order for him to be wid de nice one, freebies galor from clothes tuh becoz he wud of had sponsorship n he wud be able to go into shops n get my size for free, his first car dat may have been an audi i wud of got, man so many tings eh, i wudna have to make long lines at tudor rose to get in. I can go on and on but it jes hurts too f-ing much  :banginghead: :banginghead:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 01:42:54 AM »
man it really sad tuh see wat happen tuh nkosi aka "chucky" seein dat me and dis man grow up together from de days ah mable pitch tuh hunting, dis fella was to be my ticket to watlessness imagine if he was playin fuh an epl team and i already livin london it wudda be me n him limin he sexy gyul wudda run him down n i wudda be de one to dive on de grenade & take de ugly fren in order for him to be wid de nice one, freebies galor from clothes tuh becoz he wud of had sponsorship n he wud be able to go into shops n get my size for free, his first car dat may have been an audi i wud of got, man so many tings eh, i wudna have to make long lines at tudor rose to get in. I can go on and on but it jes hurts too f-ing much  :banginghead: :banginghead:

Wow sorry to see the man real fu*&up yuh plans ::)

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 05:45:44 AM »
Like Blackman give up football.

If he working Atlantic LNG in point and he permanent then things nice and he ent have tuh worry about football again to be happy.  lol.

But if he working with ah contractor, crapaud smoke he pipe!!

ah love it!!

So wait, he really done with de football in trute..

Anyone seeen him lately ? Does he look fit.. any one have any more news on this youth ?
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 08:49:54 AM »
On the Mid west issue i stand corrected. Basically the point i was trying to make is you have  better chance of being seen if u play with a team in the top flight but mek sure it's one ah de shittier NCAA zones.

The case wid Nkosi aka Chukky is I don't believe its a permanent work. Most persons living in Point Fortin who are attached to the LNG plant are on a contractual basis via a sub contractor. So the hopes of plently paper is none. The government regularized LNG's paying schemes years ago so even though is good money you working for it's not what it used to be.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 10:49:42 AM »
On the Mid west issue i stand corrected. Basically the point i was trying to make is you have better chance of being seen if u play with a team in the top flight but mek sure it's one ah de shittier NCAA zones.

The case wid Nkosi aka Chukky is I don't believe its a permanent work. Most persons living in Point Fortin who are attached to the LNG plant are on a contractual basis via a sub contractor. So the hopes of plently paper is none. The government regularized LNG's paying schemes years ago so even though is good money you working for it's not what it used to be.

To comment on the MidWest thing, in my experience, it does not matter what part of the country you play. It mostly depends on the program you're in and the strength of the conference you compete in. The strength of the conference goes a long way in determining if you will be considered for the NCAA tourney and if you in the tourney you will be seen, guaranteed.

They are even opportunities at the NCAA Div 2 and even NAIA for players who excell and are in descent programs in competitive conferences. Many Div 2 players have gone on to play USISL and A league soccer.

1]; } ?>