April 24, 2024, 11:44:47 PM

Author Topic: Gallas wants to be a Gunner  (Read 3192 times)

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
Gallas wants to be a Gunner
« on: August 06, 2006, 09:14:30 AM »
Well look for the gentlemen discussion they had involving cole to escalate now....can someone say bargaing chip

Gallas wants to be a Gunner

AFP
August 6, 2006
LONDON (AFP) - France international central defender William Gallas's relations with Premiership champions Chelsea deteriorated further when his agent revealed he would like to move to Arsenal.

Pierre Frelot told the News of the World Sunday that Gallas was determined to leave despite being offered a new four year contract of 80,000 pounds a week.

The 28-year-old - a six million pounds signing from Marseille five years ago - has been keen to leave since May because he does not like playing at fullback, instead of his preferred central defensive role in which he excelled at the World Cup where France reached the final and lost to Italy in a penalty shootout.

"William has decided to leave," Frelot said.

"Arsenal are interested and we have to find an agreement with Chelsea, even if I know they will do everything to keep him.

"Chelsea have made us a very good offer to sign a new contract but William would like to go and we will see what happens.

"However, I don't know if Chelsea will agree to sell him to one of their greatest rivals."

Should Chelsea give way and let Gallas, who has played over 200 times for Chelsea and was pivotal in their two title wins, go he could be used as part of a deal with Arsenal over their England international right back Ashley Cole, who has been a long time target of the Blues manager Jose Mourinho.

Gallas, who has also been linked with Italian giants AC Milan, provoked a wider rift earlier this week when he failed to arrive on time for their tour of the United States and was told not to bother turning up atall.

Mourinho has condemned the player's "lack of respect" and stripped him of his number 13 shirt, giving it to newcomer Michael Ballack, who had originally been give the No 19 shirt.

Speaking in Los Angeles last Wednesday, Mourinho said the whole team were upset at Gallas's actions.

"Everybody is upset because we had a strong family and a strong group and this has shown a lack of respect to everybody and I don't like that," he said.

pi06

Updated on Sunday, Aug 6, 2006 6:10 am EDT

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Gallas wants to be a Gunner
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 10:18:09 AM »
If Gallas does sign with Arsenal....that's a one time upgrade of their defence.  He is probably one of the most versatile defenders in the world.  Either wing back position or central defender.  He would be a great addition to ANY team.  Scores the occasional goal too.

I suspect one his problems with Chelsea has always been that he wants to play central defence but they keep playing him at the wing back position.  Same problem he had with France until recently.  Perhaps why he hasn't had more interest from other clubs are:

1 - His wages might be pretty high
2 - He might insist on playing central defender only.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 10:19:51 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 12:04:38 PM »
i say this a while back..
wenger want gallas...

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 01:39:54 PM »
is what henry tell gallas to mek him want 2 go arsenal ???ok true he doesnt like 2 play left back but i feel there is more in this story
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 02:23:58 PM »
Should Chelsea give way and let Gallas, who has played over 200 times for Chelsea and was pivotal in their two title wins, go he could be used as part of a deal with Arsenal over their England international right back Ashley Cole, who has been a long time target of the Blues manager Jose Mourinho.

am i think he plays at left back, anyway i personally believe dat gallas was chelsea's best defender in de last 3 years followed closely by terry but seein dat i support manchester untd. i wud be all so happy to see him leave even if it means joinin "ass-anal"
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 02:49:54 PM »
i say this a while back..
wenger want gallas...

wenger want d whole of france jub lol

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 04:00:02 PM »
I thought Gallas would want to go to a good team....go figure.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 04:02:47 PM »
Gallas has never had a great relationship with Chelsea.

The year Abramovic came in he made plenty noise about leaving and only signed a new contract at the very end.

He also made noises about leaving last season and the season before.

The man really wants to go abroad and he would only choose Arsenal because: it isn't Chelsea and he would start at  CB and Henry and Wenger there.

The irony is that Cole signed a new contract recently so Arsenal have bargaining power, Chelsea does not and that is the only reason that the injury-prone Cole is valued more than Gallas.

It is rumoured that Arsenal turned down 24 million for Cole, which is madness in my opinion, and though I see Chelsea upping their offer I don't see them giving Gallas and big money to get Cole.

It is quite possible that both Cole and Galls will stay put although Cole's situation will be a lot clearer this week with the Champion's league qualifier for Arsenal.

Whatever happens though, both Chelsea and Arsenal are thin at the back compared to Liverpool and United.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 05:22:03 PM »
Whatever happens though, both Chelsea and Arsenal are thin at the back compared to Liverpool and United.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

GULP!!!

Thin at the back compared to who?  United who?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Surely u eh talkin bout de United with Ferdinand, Neville, O'Shea, Silvestre, Evra, Vidic and dem shithongs.

Only one good defender Man Boo have and he name Heinze.  Dat's it my friend.

Thanx fuh de laugh doh.  GOOD ONE!!!  :rotfl: :rotfl: 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 05:23:45 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 06:02:00 PM »
Gallas has never had a great relationship with Chelsea.

The year Abramovic came in he made plenty noise about leaving and only signed a new contract at the very end.

He also made noises about leaving last season and the season before.

The man really wants to go abroad and he would only choose Arsenal because: it isn't Chelsea and he would start at  CB and Henry and Wenger there.

The irony is that Cole signed a new contract recently so Arsenal have bargaining power, Chelsea does not and that is the only reason that the injury-prone Cole is valued more than Gallas.

It is rumoured that Arsenal turned down 24 million for Cole, which is madness in my opinion, and though I see Chelsea upping their offer I don't see them giving Gallas and big money to get Cole.

It is quite possible that both Cole and Galls will stay put although Cole's situation will be a lot clearer this week with the Champion's league qualifier for Arsenal.

Well, Chelsea might be a little thin at the back (as YOU see it) but they very, very overweight in the middle and up front, so I hope liverpool and manu and even Ass-'n-all have the scales to handle them heavy weights Chelsea goin' an' res' on dem for their sakes.  Otherwise, Chelsea go  :flamethrower: dem!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 09:14:33 PM »
Palos you feel I studying you.

Arsenal still counting men like Cygan and Senderos among they top defenders so what is your point. Yuh forget that Sol Campbell gone. Say what yuh want Arsenal don't have numbers at the back.

Same for Chelsea Mango Chow. Terry, Gallas, Fereira and Carvalho. If Cole comes in Bridge leaves. And keep in mind neither Carvalho or fereira start more than 25 games last season. Say what yuh want about United defenders but if Geremi is a right-back option for your team things not too rosy.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 09:48:15 PM »
Palos you feel I studying you.

Arsenal still counting men like Cygan and Senderos among they top defenders so what is your point. Yuh forget that Sol Campbell gone. Say what yuh want Arsenal don't have numbers at the back.

Same for Chelsea Mango Chow. Terry, Gallas, Fereira and Carvalho. If Cole comes in Bridge leaves. And keep in mind neither Carvalho or fereira start more than 25 games last season. Say what yuh want about United defenders but if Geremi is a right-back option for your team things not too rosy.

I look at how Chelsea has conceded far less goals over the last two seasons than all of those other "big 4 or 5" teams have and I ain't too worried.  Even if yuh look at what Chelsea has done to manu over the past two seasons, you and all would have to concede that allyuh have some ketchin' up to do.  I more worried about the team spirit being disrupted by men grumbling for more playin' time.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 11:11:41 PM »
I love the delusion of the supporters of the non-Chel$ki top 4 teams.

The fact is that the only way any of your teams can win the premiership is if the Chel$ki dressing room implodes. None of them have a squad deep enough to match them over 38 games so get a grip on reality.

Actually I take it back....continue your wrangling because it's very entertaining.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 04:31:30 AM »
    I look at how Chelsea has conceded far less goals over the last two seasons than all of those other "big 4 or 5" teams have and I ain't too worried.  Even if yuh look at what Chelsea has done to manu over the past two seasons, you and all would have to concede that allyuh have some ketchin' up to do.  I more worried about the team spirit being disrupted by men grumbling for more playin' time.

Nobody is disputing what Chelsea has done or saying that United was or is a better squad overall. I am merely counting the number of ist team defenders and thinking about three cups and a league competition. If you look at the past three seasons they had more cover, Babayaro, Del Horno, Huth, Glen Johnson. Yes they were all poor but they provided cover and that is my point. What happens if Terry gets injured for a spell.

I love the delusion of the supporters of the non-Chel$ki top 4 teams.

The fact is that the only way any of your teams can win the premiership is if the Chel$ki dressing room implodes. None of them have a squad deep enough to match them over 38 games so get a grip on reality.

Actually I take it back....continue your wrangling because it's very entertaining.

I have already said (in another thread ) that Chelsea are favourites and that an implosion is their mahor threat, so I don't know what wrangling or delusion you talking about. All I have done is stated that they are thinner at the back than United or Liverpool, which is a fact.

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2006, 04:44:25 AM »
nah give man u a little credit they hve two good defenders,heinze and ferdinand,well arsenal what to say,they have kolo toure,how can u say chelsea thin at the back.

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Mutiny at the bridge
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 01:18:17 PM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=375252&root=england&cc=5901

The kind of problems a lot of managers would like to have. ::)

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mutiny at the bridge
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2006, 01:35:26 PM »
I would never sign for Chelski, to me it is equal to professional suicide. Yeah some would argue thatplaying for a team with the abundance of talent would make u a better player as you have stiff competition for spots, which is true but the cons far outweight thw pros...............U feel Mourinho could not win EPL this year, with a team like that his BOSS expects nothing but trophies.
I hope Arsenal, Man U, Livers and Totteham give them a good run for they money this year. It would show that buying good players does not equate to a successful TEAM. If you always have options, men cah really bounce bac from a shitty perforamce cause they know they go get BENCH in two twos

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Mutiny at the bridge
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2006, 02:17:52 PM »
You have to remember one thing RasIred.  Even though Mourinho has alot of big names in his squad, he is still focusing on moulding a 'family' and that is the difference between him and many other big name coaches.

Imagine he has beef with Gallas just for not making that trip to the USA!

That Chelsea squad not only consists of very good individual players, but they have great team comraderie and that is the difference there.

CHELSEA FOR THE FA CUP, PREMIER LEAGUE, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AND LEAGUE CUP.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2006, 02:50:29 PM »
ok, going back to the thread i would love it if mr gallas goes to arsenal.  losing cole would be bad but at least there is cover at the left back position, clichy when fit is excellent and flamini could hold it down if need be.  it is in the center where arsenal needs strenthening (defense and defensive midfield), with gallas in the center whattt...is trouble

also, does anyone know if and where the match against dinamo zagreb is showing?

1]; } ?>