April 25, 2024, 04:34:02 PM

Author Topic: Crespo goes to Inter  (Read 5887 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Crespo out, Obafemi Martins in?
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2006, 11:41:58 AM »
riquelme is one of the best undoubted..but dont say the best...dats a discredit to players like zidane and ronaldinho....and fact is that even jermain pennat it was said put in more chances for his forwards off the wing than any footbaler in any laeague this year....

but im not starting an arguement jusĀ  had to put my opinon out their as i do agree with oyu to a certian extent

as for going to vilareal...marints wants european footbal this season....and sadly you guys crashed out so newcastle seems a more likely destination...he is a quik strong forward and with the likes of owen whenhe returns im sure its not a bad prospect...not too mention how solano nzogbia parker duff emre all these guys who can provide something for him form the midfield.....OH and how can we forget that newcastle has a history with black players or more preferably african players....shola ameobi is nigerian born.(lagos) lua-lua was from the congo ....and even with more nigerians adapting well to the premier league he will choose there to come and make his mark

I dont want to start a side argument but will say this ... check the stats for La liga for the last two years for assists .....La liga not villareal ...see who comes out on top .
Check the stats for the WC and you will see riquelme also led in assists although Argentina crashed out in the quarters ....
Can you imagine how hard it is to get assists with forlan and jose mari and Guayre ???
ronaldinho is the est footballer ... but if you are talking provider then riquelme has the facts behind him !
martins would be a good addition to us though but as you rightly said he might prefer european football although that could mean two games in many instances !

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2006, 03:31:50 PM »
Martins is coming to Pompey.

Remember, you heard it here first :whistling:

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2006, 07:43:55 PM »
good stat point out jai john...but i rexognized pennat for the fact he played on a team that got relegated and despite that has evidence to prove that he provided the balls when nneded ...not to mention he has attackin pace and dribling skills ...ronaldihno has amazing vision and skill .which is why i placed him in the category but riquelme has been a boss isnce BOCA...ask martin palermo...they played a few together at boca and i tink 1 year at villareal

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2006, 06:11:04 AM »
good stat point out jai john...but i rexognized pennat for the fact he played on a team that got relegated and despite that has evidence to prove that he provided the balls when nneded ...not to mention he has attackin pace and dribling skills ...ronaldihno has amazing vision and skill .which is why i placed him in the category but riquelme has been a boss isnce BOCA...ask martin palermo...they played a few together at boca and i tink 1 year at villareal

Riquelme also provided the two for palermo to score and win the Intercontinental Cup ( unofficial world Club champion ) against Real madrid !
He ran the midfield there too !

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2006, 06:28:01 AM »
yes indeed...however riquelme to boca fans will never be as good as the lving legends DIEGO MARADAONA and GUILLERMO BARROS SCHELOTTO.....lol unless he comes back and watches the games like amradona and get a post in the front office..but like u said after hte kidnaping he wants no part of argentina.....im sure they still rember him fondly

1]; } ?>