March 29, 2024, 07:24:50 AM

Author Topic: Football coach working wonders (Guardian letter)  (Read 888 times)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Football coach working wonders (Guardian letter)
« on: June 22, 2005, 02:24:51 AM »
I would like to add my congratulations to the T&T football team for a very courageous performance against Mexico.

The Warriors played with commitment, were very organised defending and occasionally strung a number of passes together when going forward. I was very impressed with the way the team played.

Coach Beenhakker is evidently deserving of his reputation as a top-class coach for, in a very short space of time, he has worked wonders with the team.

The talent has always been available, but it requires someone with great quality to bring it together as an effective unit.

Based on the performances against Panama and Mexico I feel we now have a decent chance to get to the World Cup in 2006.

I hope Beenhakker does not leave soon, for whatever reason, and I hope the players continue to keep focused and work with him to achieve the fantastic goal of a World Cup place.

I really felt proud looking at the guys play against Mexico and I am positive the other teams now have a new respect for the capabilities of the T&T squad, which may help in our quest for qualification.

So good luck, guys, and believe in your chances to qualify under the astute leadership of this coach.

Christian Rodriguez

Petit Valley

Via e-mail

1]; } ?>