April 25, 2024, 05:52:11 AM

Author Topic: Man Utd set to complete Park deal  (Read 975 times)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Man Utd set to complete Park deal
« on: June 22, 2005, 03:10:33 AM »
A good signing for the enemy...

---

Manchester United have confirmed the signing of PSV Eindhoven midfielder Park Ji-Sung, subject to him passing a medical and getting a work permit.

The South Korean, 24, is reported to be flying to England on Wednesday for a medical before signing a four-year deal with the Old Trafford outfit.

The undisclosed fee is reported to be in the region of £4m, according to the player's agency FS Corporation.

Park joined PSV in December 2002 from Japanese club Kyoto Purple Sanga.

Park had said he was unsure whether he wanted to leave the Dutch champions, citing his close relationship with coach Guus Hiddink, who led South Korea to the 2002 World Cup semi-finals.

But his representative Kim Jung-Il said: "Park has made up his mind to join Manchester United and the president of our company informed PSV."

Park, who has 38 caps, recently helped South Korea book their place in their sixth consecutive World Cup by scoring in the 4-0 thrashing of Kuwait.

He impressed during PSV's superb run in the Champions League last season, scoring in the second leg of the semi-final against AC Milan.

If he does move he will become United's second signing of the summer after 34-year-old Dutch goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar.

He would also be the third player in recent years - after Jaap Stam and Ruud van Nistelrooy - to swap PSV for Old Trafford.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Man Utd set to complete Park deal
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 05:29:34 AM »
This an financial decision rather than a tactical one. Park is a good player but Man U trying to win big things and Park is not on that level.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Man Utd set to complete Park deal
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 07:48:37 AM »
I think if Park adjusts well to the playing style in England he can b successful.  I have seen play a few games in the CL and he is a very good player.  Just because he is not a big name player does not mean he cannot help Man U win.  Did Real Madrid win anything last season?

1]; } ?>