April 28, 2024, 07:40:04 PM

Author Topic: Return to Native land and back!!!!!: meh trip report.  (Read 2378 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Return to Native land and back!!!!!: meh trip report.
« on: August 09, 2006, 03:03:04 PM »
'twas the best of times; welcome one and all to the land of fete. July 13 ah arrived under the blistering sun and the rush of a tropical breeze flew through me like  knife  cutting through paper. The onrush awaken my desire for the all refreshing taste of a Carib. The ritual  upon arrival began.

Greeted by my cousin , we drove to the Plaza in Tunapuna (did not know at the time it was still owned by JW). anyhow it have a wicked Chinese restaurant dey and ah had the CARIB and the BEST chicken wings/legs ever.......!!!! the lime began when ah friend of the coz came over from work and I eh leave till after  7ish; onto the aunt's place( after all it was the very reason I came back for)...then on to  the back country past Arima. Upon seeing meh grandmother of 94... and meh mother.. ah was out in ah pub this time for meh STAG and that was night one.

Well the plethora of socializing in week one included a river lime, a Maracas lime, football at Larry Gomes on the Saturday night. I swear that people live for the fetes. I eh complaining one bit ah like it so.

Well the next week was a whole lot of North South trips . More family. ah visit to Cross Crossing meh old village; check out  friends and the old folks from meh past. Just to make sure they remembered me and I remembered them and I have meh ancestry back in tact. More football. Endless maxi taxies to Arima and  POS. Yes ah boost the economy in those sectors. not to mention the  occasional Black and White scotch purchases fuh friends who came over and more Carib.

Next some serious clubbing: The young coz take meh tuh Zen's lawd I eh think in what I saw in Europe  or in North America could match with Zen. The place tantalizing, riverting and  ummm.... the scenery great fuh the price. As the week progressed ah waiting anxiously to hook up with the Warrior Nation Posse!!! ah keep checking emails  only to see plans changing. No big deal this in TNT.

Finally, we  set up the lime fuh Shakers close to meh  other aunt in Westmoorings. Pure class place. where we met under a moonlit night in a tropical setting I saw her sitting there.....KANDI..sparkling with radiance accompanied by Patriot. Meh coz Ricki and I  encountered the pair  later we were joined by Reaper. Man to know that complete strangers could hook up that easily and carry on ah talk like we know each other for a long time gives credence to the on line forum, because in reality , even though we had never met, is like old friends coming together. Talk  ranged from football to more football. Lawd man Reaper  and Patriot love they football. Very thoughtful conversations. I enjoyed every bit of the lime. Nobody eh want to lose control nah. man drinking coconut water, Kandi drinking straight coke and I knowing ah driving, drinking club soda; look nah ah begging for more lime at Zen's but certain people get tied up and cyar make.  Patriot thanks for the SOCA Warriors  sun blocker. It on meh CRV and ah proud to show it off. We took out pictures and lawd everything when down real cool. We eh play we have nice people on the home front nah!!! ah missing that.

Eheh ah gone  home to go out that night and seeing as ah came up that day from a small river lime in deep south, I eh have no fancy clothes or shoes to make ah Zen. Ah try on  meh uncle's but he foot too small. Kandi if yuh checking ah is ah Size 10 and half. Well ah end up at home ole talking with the aunt. Ah make up for it on Monday though ah make ah all inclusive in Chagaramus golf course!!!!!!! oh lawd talk about range ah people in that fete. This late night and early morning really shaking up meh body yes. but ah soaking and absorbing all the sweetness in TNT. The place like candy fust it sweet.

Next was on to a sports day ...helping out the mom with the church family day event; country folks know how to make yuh feel welcome ; Food drinks and a belly full ah ole talk have meh giddy. After that it was basically time tuh leave yes.

Onto Toronto and the sisters take over. Liming start as soon as ah reach. Pan finals in Lamprot stadium.... King and Queen....Caribana parade..... and  the sweat lime in the park. Real nice bouncing up with forumities. Yuh know yuh ranking when everyone 's favourite question to strangers is " yuh on the forum?" what is yuh name? man eh calling yuh by yuh real name, leh meh tell yuh yuh Forum handle is you. It is what defines who you are yes. The sweat was looking good from the sidelines. Especially the Jamaican camera woman..... TI  or Organic get the oman tuh sign up nah? meh far want tuh talk Jacan. Gwan nah sign she up nah. anyhow the sweat.... the youth dem dey  make mas. Poison running down ball fuh so. Carlos look a like playing like the man yes. #8 BARKING  orders to spur on the white team and I eyeing Jamaican camera owan. It was good kicks. Maxg take a quick run but  feel ah twitch down dey and say nah he eh risking that!!! Pecan hang in they like ah trooper. Make he moves and let then yute men run by him.

The flipping police even grace we with ah presence. ah keep telling them that ah hear the English and dem playing on another Field and they drinking fuh so. but the man eh leaving; he must ah heard so much about the SOCAWARRIORS and we football that he eh  go pass up we for England!!!! yuh eh see the popularity we have?

Real nice to meet all the TI , Organic, Grandeman, Pecan, Compre, Jumbie, Bacchanal woman (and she riding partner came by looking to make noise) and the rest ah the crew..... look nah  who would have imagined that an Online forum could have so much of an impact on the way we meet , socialize and develop friendships?

I had a good time  but ah realize that 'happiness' doh pay the bills so ah back in the daily grind. All yuh leh we eh lose sight ah the good thing we have  in this forum. Our network of friends  and the Trini family is forever expanding. This weekend is Cariwest in Edmonton... ah driving up north. more liming to put down. This party just cyar over'

Keep the positive vibes flowing. Much respect and kindness to all. Soon we go be saying we is all family. Which reminds me I eh get tuh meet up with TiniCana.... well ah have tuh save up something fuh next time.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 03:34:20 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Return to Native land and back!!!!!: meh trip report.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 03:17:48 PM »
was nice to meet yuh too Alberta...

ah wha ah tell allyuh....ah go be d designated driver.....
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 08:32:56 AM »
Alberta.. Much apologies for not meeting you.. But I had to handle my business in the form of my Masters... Was under a lil stress...

I trust you were in the capable arms of Kandi, and she treated you well  ;D
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 08:47:36 AM »
oconnorg,
Ah miss the link up with you but totally understand abou that Masters stuff; been there done that. I met with Skeene an had a good talk abou the symposium they hosted. I believe that Patriot attended that.

NOW: so people eh get ideas: "I trust you were in the capable arms of Kandi, and she treated you well   "

Kandi was superb with the organizing and the welcoming and the hospitality; all this was accomplished at ummm ummm 'arms length". It was all good and great to meeet up with a few members of the local crew. Spoke to Andre on the phone but  time and  business did not permit ah meeting for ole talk. Next Time.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 08:51:59 AM »
yeah again... i must say i heard yuh was bussin some lime... ah shoulda come down but plenty this went on this summer... next time for sure.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 10:23:22 AM »
oconnorg,
Ah miss the link up with you but totally understand abou that Masters stuff; been there done that. I met with Skeene an had a good talk abou the symposium they hosted. I believe that Patriot attended that.

NOW: so people eh get ideas: "I trust you were in the capable arms of Kandi, and she treated you well "

Kandi was superb with the organizing and the welcoming and the hospitality; all this was accomplished at ummm ummm 'arms length". It was all good and great to meeet up with a few members of the local crew. Spoke to Andre on the phone but time and business did not permit ah meeting for ole talk. Next Time.

allyuh take it easy eh...ah was ah proper lil hostess...no 'hanky panky' and thing... :angel: :angel: :angel:

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 10:30:17 AM »

allyuh take it easy eh...ah was ah proper lil hostess...no 'hanky panky' and thing... :angel: :angel: :angel:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah boi is like it only have angels in that place? I eh even get ah  chance   tuh  hanky or panky?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 10:42:00 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 10:40:55 AM »

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah boi is like it only have angels in that place? I eh even get ah chance tuh hanky or panky?

wait...yuh went Zen and aint get to jook or chook....

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 10:43:59 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait nah ? now ole talk start. Me eh know that when yuh go Zen's that it is guaranteed that yuh go leave with ah smile on yuh face? nah gyul ah eh get nobe ah that. ent are BEG yuh tuh come tuh ZEN?

Is like cobeauex do something on meh head or what? liek ah losing the touch? like ah eh radiating no spark or what? like  the sea bath eh wucking fuh meh?

This practice of abstinence and celibacy is ah hard thing to fulfill yes!!!!!!! Next time I eh going
Mount St.Benedict on the first day.

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 10:50:33 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait nah ? now ole talk start. Me eh know that when yuh go Zen's that it is guaranteed that yuh go leave with ah smile on yuh face? nah gyul ah eh get nobe ah that. ent are BEG yuh tuh come tuh ZEN?

Is like cobeauex do something on meh head or what? liek ah losing the touch? like ah eh radiating no spark or what? like the sea bath eh wucking fuh meh?

This practice of abstinence and celibacy is ah hard thing to fulfill yes!!!!!!! Next time I eh going
Mount St.Benedict on the first day.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 10:58:38 AM »
Trini women work with meh nah; ah tired begging yes. Ah gone.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006, 03:00:37 PM »
hard luck dey alberta i man was in bago

it sound like yuh enjoy it man
bless

SHOTTA
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>