April 29, 2024, 07:01:30 AM

Author Topic: Yorke: Pro League must continue the good work  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke: Pro League must continue the good work
« on: October 08, 2006, 10:21:30 AM »
Yorke: Pro League must continue the good work
By Vinod Narwani (ttproleague.com)

Trinidad and Tobago captain Dwight Yorke has emphasized the need for the TT Pro League to continue in its efforts to produce a high quality of football in keeping with the goal of qualifying for the next World Cup. Yorke, who turns 35 in November, is not expected to feature in this country’s next world cup campaign, but plans to assist the new bunch of ‘Soca Warriors’ during their quest to South Africa in the best way possible.

"It is very important that the local Pro League maintains a very high standard, so we can produce good local players here," said Yorke.

"They need a very competitive league, and from what I have seen, I know the Pro League is heading in the right direction."

Yorke has a hectic schedule, having recently signed up with Sunderland where his former Manchester United teammate Roy Keane is the manager.

The Tobago-born footballer gave an indication of one day assisting this country in the overall development of T&T’s football.

"There is a lot of work being discussed behind closed doors. We are at a very early stage at this point in time, but I’m sure the months ahead will give us a clearer idea as to what role the Government and the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) want me to play."

Should the former Sydney F.C. player join forces with the local football administration, he would get the opportunity to concentrate more on watching domestic competitions in order to analyze T&T’s football.

"At this stage, my schedule doesn’t allow me to go to Pro League matches.

"I’m jumping from meeting to meeting… here, there and everywhere. "But I’m sure before time I would get to take in the league games, and only then I will be able to give my input," said the Sunderland player.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke: Pro League must continue the good work
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 11:09:10 AM »
I agree with Dwight. The league is ironing out the many kinks, and is only a matter of time before we get to where we should be (all things considered).

There need to work aggressively to resurrect that T&T football culture that's  been lost.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 11:11:34 AM »
I agree with Dwight. The league is ironing out the many kinks, and is only a matter of time before we get to where we should be (all things considered).

There need to work aggressively to resurrect that T&T football culture that's  been lost.

yup football should be our national sport
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 02:47:03 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 02:33:02 PM »
Ah looking forward tuh de day, when Yorke and Latapy would be involved with de national team, either as coach, or in administration. There is no guarantee dat dey will have success in those positions, but with the experience dey have as players, it is something dat we all should be looking forward to. Bless.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 02:34:33 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 11:32:00 AM »
The point that Yorke should probably have some interest in Tobago United was brought up in another thread. I agree with that.

Now I know St. Clair is he boy but seeing as coaching school not in the Semi Pro or Pro maybe Yorke should galvanize some support for Tobago United. Hie should make an appeal as a Tobagonian to Tobagonian  to represent they island. Look one of they boys make the national team.

If is true that "talented" footballers not playing for them cause they doh see them as really reppin Tobago then men doh like they self.

Come Dwight endorse Tobago United so men would start to play for them.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 11:53:42 AM »
The point that Yorke should probably have some interest in Tobago United was brought up in another thread. I agree with that.

Now I know St. Clair is he boy but seeing as coaching school not in the Semi Pro or Pro maybe Yorke should galvanize some support for Tobago United. Hie should make an appeal as a Tobagonian to Tobagonian to represent they island. Look one of they boys make the national team.

If is true that "talented" footballers not playing for them cause they doh see them as really reppin Tobago then men doh like they self.

Come Dwight endorse Tobago United so men would start to play for them.

Dwight not endorsing a losing team. Tobago United's problems start with the administration downwards.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

1]; } ?>