April 27, 2024, 05:28:32 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Japan game.  (Read 57187 times)

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Japan game.
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2006, 04:55:34 PM »
men need to get over rougier.....selecting him will prevent a younger player from getting experience...if guys liek yorke and whitley playing against japan that should be enough..let rougier and wise take ah back seat.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2006, 04:56:41 PM »

GK - Jan Michael Williams (W Connection), Marvin Phillips (Starworld Strikers).

D - Keyeno Thomas (San Juan Jabloteh), Glenton Wolfe (San Juan Jabloteh), Ian Gray (San Juan Jabloteh), Clyde Leon (W Connection).

M - Andrei Pacheco (W Connection), Trent Noel (San Juan Jabloteh), Kerry Baptiste (San Juan Jabloteh), Evans Wise (Waldhof Mannheim/GER).

F - Gary Glasgow (Joe Public), Kendall Jagdeosingh (Caledonia AIA Fire).

I don't know what kinda squad Japan organising but this sound just like what we do before we get the 7-0 from Mexico...

well a win would be nice (not sure if Japan fielding their 1st squad), but if this squad goes it is for the sake of experimentation and experience above everything. Wim's challenge is to mould the local-based as a team. In this context it is a significant step.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2006, 05:11:23 PM »
Look nah we can’t take an all youth team  it sounds romantic but in all reality our young players are not up to international standards so we have to use the so called old men with the young ones to help them along look at what happen to Jamaica they got a baptizeium  by fire we can’t do the same with our players they mite never recover our under 21 got they ass wash by players of the same age group you really think they could go up against Japan and win and don’t say a win is not important because as so as we lose a game man does want every body fired that’s why we have to choose our opponents correctly. I say faze in some off the younger player until we have a capable squad.   
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2006, 05:21:26 PM »
Look nah we can’t take an all youth team  it sounds romantic but in all reality our young players are not up to international standards so we have to use the so called old men with the young ones to help them along look at what happen to Jamaica they got a baptizeium  by fire we can’t do the same with our players they mite never recover our under 21 got they ass wash by players of the same age group you really think they could go up against Japan and win and don’t say a win is not important because as so as we lose a game man does want every body fired that’s why we have to choose our opponents correctly. I say faze in some off the younger player until we have a capable squad.   

nobody talk about a youth team, we talking about a local team

yuh does have to start somewhere man....a friendly against Japan early on could do more good than harm

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2006, 05:27:53 PM »
Look at the trend again everybody saying give the youths a chance so what that mean another point is we have to have some experience players or else we will get 6 plain and simple we have to blend the young player in and if you know any thing about football you would understand where I’m coming from.   

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2006, 06:51:07 PM »
Japan might play a strong team because they have to prepare for the Asian cup.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2006, 06:58:17 PM »
i hope we get this game on tv in tnt dred

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2006, 07:12:53 PM »
Wim say that yorke should be they. He also say it is a preperation for the Asian Cup so expect a good team.

Let the rebuiding begin.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jaws

• DC/MD Warrior
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Arima massive!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2006, 07:52:47 PM »
i'm just jumping in here without reading everyhting... so forgive me... BUT when is this game taking place???
"Greatness is not one big thing being done: it's all the small things being done well"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2006, 05:20:50 AM »
August 9th is the game.

Seeing that de senior team leaving Friday I wonder if this weekend PFL games will be postponed as we might carry a full local squad ?

We have 7 days to go, no squad name yet. Japan is a 24 hour flight and we leaving on de 4th.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 05:22:55 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline okaki

• Jr. Warrior
  • Go! Silvio!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2006, 07:27:09 AM »
Japan might play a strong team because they have to prepare for the Asian cup.

Uhh.Now Japan is not strong.because Japan have to prepare two squad.
One is New team.the other one is for Asian cup team.
In additon the new center players in squad maybe rest.
they played in August 2,3,5.

Asian cup rule allow to change 5 players only since regist.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2006, 07:29:34 AM »

GK - Jan Michael Williams (W Connection), Marvin Phillips (Starworld Strikers).

D - Keyeno Thomas (San Juan Jabloteh), Glenton Wolfe (San Juan Jabloteh), Ian Gray (San Juan Jabloteh), Clyde Leon (W Connection).

M - Andrei Pacheco (W Connection), Trent Noel (San Juan Jabloteh), Kerry Baptiste (San Juan Jabloteh), Evans Wise (Waldhof Mannheim/GER).

F - Gary Glasgow (Joe Public), Kendall Jagdeosingh (Caledonia AIA Fire).

I don't know what kinda squad Japan organising but this sound just like what we do before we get the 7-0 from Mexico...

well a win would be nice (not sure if Japan fielding their 1st squad), but if this squad goes it is for the sake of experimentation and experience above everything. Wim's challenge is to mould the local-based as a team. In this context it is a significant step.

I wasn't so much talking about the side but the impression that we sending a scratch up side that name 4 days before the match and travelling 2 days before etc etc.

I just hope all dem men go get they visa in time...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2006, 07:51:45 AM »
We need to have a balance of experienced and youngsters... I am al for giving the young er players a chance, but to play a full squad of youngsters will do more damage than good. If they are beaten badly, we will have low morale etc: but the main thing is will teams want to play us if we getting 5 goals from Japan??? Many teams have cancelled on us in the past, and many teams never played us as they considered us not a challenge, we need to send a message that we are serious.... I have no problem if we lose, but we have to have some kind of dignity and not just send a team of whipping boys to get humilated...

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2006, 08:09:34 AM »
We got interest from many good teams because of the showing in the world cup, I hope we dont go to Japan and embarrass ourselves and make things bad. Imagine we could now get friendly games with Japan and Mexico. We cant afford to lose that rep.

I am glad for the youngstars, but lets hope Wim have them playing organised so even if we have to lose it would not be to bad. But I am happy for some of the younger players here.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 08:17:06 AM by Flex »

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2006, 08:52:32 AM »
Look nah we can’t take an all youth team it sounds romantic but in all reality our young players are not up to international standards so we have to use the so called old men with the young ones to help them along look at what happen to Jamaica they got a baptizeium by fire we can’t do the same with our players they mite never recover our under 21 got they ass wash by players of the same age group you really think they could go up against Japan and win and don’t say a win is not important because as so as we lose a game man does want every body fired that’s why we have to choose our opponents correctly. I say faze in some off the younger player until we have a capable squad.

I totally agree with wha Bally saying. It have no way that a young inexperience team be taken to Japon. 

I would like to see all or some of the locally based players that were on the WC team go...Cyd, Whitley, and Wolfe. I could see the British based players not making the trip because dem man now reach back and preparing for their upcoming season.

Ah man say....
actually dis make shift squad in 9 days could never be grooming for 2010. We have 4 years,gold cup,olympics and grooming of dee u-16,u20,u23 for dat.
....but hear wha, preparation starts now! and correction the WC is in 4 years and qualification starts in 2 years or less.

Its not just a game, man getting the opportunity to audition for a place for the future. Now we have an advantage as compared to the pass, so leh we use it. The more games yuh play de better and more experience yuh gain.
Jes sen ah well balance team.......
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 08:55:11 AM by Tongue »

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2006, 10:08:00 AM »
COME ON

whip give us an official team nah so we could stop the speculations

ncc please bring the game

we only have 8 days to go and we not sure if wim even organize a trainin yet

anyway tinto and jagdeo up front

conrad in the middle

neaves on the left

julius on d right

fire fo japan

ching chong macahilo
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2006, 02:20:48 PM »
I would have taken    marcano and wolfe/ noel willimas of tobago united would have been better than wise and glasglow  since we are building for the future but its not an official release . every body will get a chance

i agree with yuh 100% bredda, galsgow and wise shouldnt be there atall :beermug:
Disagree with that, why shouldnt they be there ??? they both played well in the presidents eleven game just before world cup !! plus it will be a good thing to have some experience in the team...

That's the presidents 11,that doh matter,talk about what wise do in the world cup,and then we go talk...... 

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2006, 02:29:02 PM »
COME ON

ching chong macahilo
Shotta what exactly that mean. ;D

Everybody have a good point. Yes we don' t want to loose any of the credibility we developed in the cup but the reality is we can't run those players every match we play in the future.

We have to put the best local squad foward and have faith that Wim could produce a result. These are the players who we will be looking to in 2010 anyway.

Men who running in the MLS right now need to cement their position and get frequent sweat.

This game might just have to be chalked up as a learning experience. Our problem has always been in the back and the core of our back players not available. Now is as good a time as any to run out new defenders. With Yorke and Shaka there to hold it down hopefully we will get a decent result.

In the midfield and upfornt we weren't awe inspiring at the WC so letting new men get a run cyah be that bad. We gained credibility at the cup and we score no goals. How much worse from an attacking stand point can it get in Japan?

I remember Beenie heaping a lil praise on Telesford. School out I wonder if he going?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 02:35:08 PM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2006, 02:52:52 PM »
YORKE TO LEAD NEW LOOK SOCA WARRIORS OUTFIT FOR JAPAN FRIENDLY 
socawarristt.com

National team captain Dwight Yorke will join a Trinidad and Tobago senior team which includes only seven players who were part of the squad at the 2006 World Cup, for an international friendly against Japan in Tokyo on August 9.

Yorke, currently in preseason training with Sydney FC made himself available following a request from recently appointed head coach Wim Rijsbergen who will be in charge of the team for the first time for this encounter which according to the Japan FA, will be played in front of a full house as they are preparing for the Asian Cup .

Due to the current state of the majority of the “Soca Warriors” who are currently engaged in club activity with the start of the English season carded for this weekend and the Scottish season already in progress, Rijsbergen will not have a full quota but he has taken the opportunity to have a look at some of the talent coming out of the local T&T Pro League.

Yorke will join fellow World Cup squad members Avery John, Evans Wise, Cyd Gray, Aurtis Whitley,Anthony Wolfe and Atiba Charles in the squad for the upcoming friendly.

Some of new faces, who have in fact had action with national teams in the past include Starworld Strikers and former Under 17 goalkeeper Marvin Phillip, Caledonia AIA’s Stephan David, CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh defender Ian Gray, Keyeno Thomas and left sided midfielder Andre Pacheco as well as Clyde Leon and Kendall Jagdeosingh, a former under 20 national.

Rijsbergen stressed that while it was not the easiest way for him to begin his tenure as head coach, he was looking forward to working with the some of the new talent at his disposal which includes several players he has observed at the Pro League level.

“We are using the match to give some of the new local based players a chance at the international level,” Rijsbergen told TTFF Media on Wednesday.

“This will of course be part of the future set of players from which we will build on. This is part of the new generation and it’s a plus as well to have them train and play with some of the experienced ones who were at the World Cup.

“We hopefully will have some international games and this will assist in us developing the players and we will continue to observe them and compile a list of the younger ones for the Olympic team as well. We need to give them that chance because it’s also part of developing the new generation,” he added.

With the presence of Yorke and others who were in Germany, Rijsbergen believes while the match will be a testing one away from home, it will provide a perfect chance for the “Soca Warriors” to begin the preparations towards the upcoming Digicel Caribbean Cup and CONCACAF Gold Cup in 2007.

“Dwight will come over from Australia and having him there with the other players who were in Germany will be a boost. Hopefully the selection of this team will send a message to the young ones that we have our eyes on them. It’s a tough start because we will play in front of a pack stadium but we will make the most of this experience,” Rijsbergen added.

He, along with assistant Jan Van Deinsen will conduct a session with the home-based pros at the Larry Gomes Stadium on Thursday evening.  (Shaun Fuentes, August 2, 2006,Photo above shows Yorke and Anthony Wolfe.)

T&T Squad for Japan

Marvin Phillip (Starworld Strikers), Jan Michael Williams (W Connection), Keyeno Thomas (Jabloteh), Atiba Charles (W Connection), Ian Gray (Jabloteh), Avery John (New England Revolution), Cyd Gray (Jabloteh), Aurtis Whitley (Jabloteh), Andre Pacheco (W Connection), Trent Noel (Jabloteh), Kendall Jagdeosingh (Caledonia AIA), Stephan David (Caledonia AIA) Clyde Leon (W Connection), Gary Glasgow (Joe Public), Evans Wise (unattached), Anthony Wolfe and Glenton Wolfe (Jabloteh), Dwight Yorke (Sydney FC)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2006, 02:55:57 PM »
Evans Wise out of contract with his German club now?

Tallman?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 04:30:24 PM by Grande man »

Offline GyurlTrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2006, 02:59:07 PM »
I have 2 agree with wat rippin say dey. I was gonna say sumtin similar.

For me personally, on d one hand, it would be nice 2 be able to maintain d respect we got @ d WC by producin a team (4 dis match) dat could play just as strongly. On d other hand, we do need 2 give d other players a chance & d exposure necessary 4 dem 2 cement dey position in d team 4 d d WC in d nex 4 years. For us, dis match isn't a part of a tournament, nor is it a warm up match 2 prepare 4 a tournament; wen we had our warm up matches against Wales 4 d WC, 4 dem d match was just a friendly international dat dey did not need 2 send out dey best 4 & dey didn't really lose any respect or watever on d international scene because of dat. Is d same here, d rest a d world wudn't really be watchin these matches & I doh even know if we can earn points to improve our standings on matches like these, so I don't think winning is quite as important to the coaches & administrators in this match as it would have been if this match was a part of a tournament.

Perhaps d real messed up part of it was dat d deals 4 these matches was agreed to before we even knew if we would have a coach for the team, so it cum like dey organise d matches & den look 2 find d coaches & team (and 4 dat we will perhaps suffer in dis match).

I think it's cool tho that Yorke & some of the others from d WC squad are actually going to make it. I'm not really surprised about it as Yorke is still Captain & some of the others from the WC squad were home based
Luv Kat

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2006, 03:46:27 PM »
 I guess this is the end for Rahim he can’t even make this squad sad well we just have to find a new midfield general  also I’m surprised at Yorke maybe playing for us motivates him to do well at his club I have the utmost respect for Yorke . 

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2006, 03:49:04 PM »
Rahim playing with san jaun ? is a long time I eh read anything about him in a match report!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2006, 03:53:35 PM »
Just as we are aware of the japanese they know about TNT in like manner, our mixed team made up of young locals and WC players is the way to go, this is a friendly but what is at stake is zonal pride, concacaf weakest vs aisa strongest, TNT is back in the football race,an tho we got 7 from mexico which I think was a pay back for what we did to Blanco, Japan is a different kettle of sushi, our defensive game should continue to hold, but with no stern john starting in front our attack could be a surprise for japan, all in all I say we will keep our rep of WC which is we are no push over and gain respect of Japan palyers and fans after coming away with a 2-1 win......

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2006, 03:57:43 PM »
when did we get 7 from Mexico

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2006, 04:05:46 PM »

October 2000.... we did done already win out the semi-final stage to qualify for de Hex....

Porters leave back Latapy Yorke Dog Lawrence Stern and maybe a couple others.... We went up de Azteca in about hot noon day sun... Porters try a ting where we fly in the night before to minimize de effects of altitude....

Well boy... had a point in de game if you see Ince face.... skin up like he smell a stink fart while riding in a pH taxi between de driver and shotgun.... and it had a big big vein running down the middle of he head!! Pressure!!! And he goalkeeping eh....

Thais de game Elcock mash up Blanco..... 7 in we arse!!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2006, 04:08:50 PM »
October 8, 2000

Dis was de team fuh dat match:
Clayton Ince, Lyndon Andrews, Dale Saunders, Craig Dennin, Dennis Lawrence, Shurlan David (Reynold Carrington), Stokley Mason, Angus Eve, Ancil Elcock (ejected, 72), Jerren Nixon (Arnold Dwarika, 46), Nigel Pierre.

Borgetti score ah hat-trick and Blanco did score ah double.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2006, 04:09:43 PM »
That’s why I said when this was 6 years ago and he bring it up never again should we be beaten by that kind of score line

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2006, 04:53:36 PM »
October 8, 2000

Clayton Ince, Lyndon Andrews, Dale Saunders, Craig Dennin, Dennis Lawrence, Shurlan David (Reynold Carrington), Stokley Mason, Angus Eve, Ancil Elcock (ejected, 72), Jerren Nixon (Arnold Dwarika, 46), Nigel Pierre.

Dis score shoulda never happen. Every single man that was on that team with the exception of Lyndon Andrews, Nixon and Pierre play in the team that beat Mexico 1-0 in the stadium less than 2 months before that. The only men missing was Dog, Dwight and Russell.

(WCQ) T&T 1 vs Mexico 0, July, 23th, 2000: Clayton Ince, Dennis Lawrence, Shurland David (Anthony Rougier), Marvin Andrews, Ansil Elcock (Dale Saunders, 76th); Russell Latapy, Reynold Carrington, Stokely Mason, Angus Eve (Gary Glasgow, 64th); Dwight Yorke, Arnold Dwarika.

Granted we wasn't going to win in the Azteca without those 3 men but the point is that team didn't deserve no 7 goals. To make it worse Mexico was already qualified for the hex at that point. Anyone could pull up the two Mexico team lists for those games and compare them? I sure they didn't make no major changes to the side.
I sure is pure frustration make Elcock break Blanco ankle. Anyway Thats what you get for failing to prepare. and that's the point i was making...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2006, 05:21:53 PM »
October 8, 2000

Dis score shoulda never happen. Every single man that was on that team with the exception of Lyndon Andrews, Nixon and Pierre play in the team that beat Mexico 1-0 in the stadium less than 2 months before that. The only men missing was Dog, Dwight and Russell.

(WCQ) T&T 1 vs Mexico 0, July, 23th, 2000: Clayton Ince, Dennis Lawrence, Shurland David (Anthony Rougier), Marvin Andrews, Ansil Elcock (Dale Saunders, 76th); Russell Latapy, Reynold Carrington, Stokely Mason, Angus Eve (Gary Glasgow, 64th); Dwight Yorke, Arnold Dwarika.

Granted we wasn't going to win in the Azteca without those 3 men but the point is that team didn't deserve no 7 goals. To make it worse Mexico was already qualified for the hex at that point. Anyone could pull up the two Mexico team lists for those games and compare them? I sure they didn't make no major changes to the side.
I sure is pure frustration make Elcock break Blanco ankle. Anyway Thats what you get for failing to prepare. and that's the point i was making...

Hopefully levels of professionalism in our local league will increase thus allowing the players to come together in a short time frame and still give a good performance like the Iceland game. Its games like these that expose the coaching staff's ability to come up with a simple yet effective game plan that needs very little time from the team to assimilate and execute.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

1]; } ?>