April 27, 2024, 06:41:57 AM

Author Topic: Read this proposal for TTFF  (Read 15755 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Read this proposal for TTFF
« on: August 14, 2006, 01:51:16 PM »
I am proposing  an idea that the members of the S.W.N establish an organization: N.A.A.F.T.N.T

NATIONAL ALLIANCE for the ADVANCEMENT of FOOTBALL in TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO.

any seconders for the motion?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 11:01:24 PM by AlbertaTrini »

TrinInfinite

Re: ah proposal for Football inTNT
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 01:53:26 PM »
i 2nd dat motion :beermug:

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 01:56:42 PM »
I in that..I was just about to post in the other thread the the WN should take over the TTFF...if we have to have a coup in the ttff camp let it be..but the beatings must stop sometime..eh ff?

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 02:09:15 PM »
I am propsoing that the members of the S.W.N establish an organization: N.A.A.F.T.N.T

Ah worthy proposal...I third it.  Ah go take minutes!!
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline jaws

• DC/MD Warrior
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Arima massive!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 02:19:43 PM »
yeah we need dat cuz the JACK and dem in TTFF only about dotishness yes!!
"Greatness is not one big thing being done: it's all the small things being done well"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 02:26:34 PM »
I am proposing that u should at least come with some kind of mission statement. What is NAAFTNT. What are you trying to achieve boss? people talking bout we need NAAFTNT and bigging up the proposal and eh even ask what it is about.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 02:31:12 PM »
filho u take the words right out mih mouth

Alberta, you the man i least expected that from. how can u make an association and not explain what it supposed to do? no mission statement? no fourpoint plan? no declaration of intent?

Ah man bawl out "let we do the revolution" and everyone bawl out yes. this time no one ent know what we trying to "revolve" or what wil be put into place afterwards... ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 02:36:11 PM »
Filho, point taken, but ah tort the name alone suggested what the intentions were. We have to rally for betterment, and improve the running of football in our country...I doubt alberta was suggesting that we go into this blindly...it's just a thought and maybe he was hoping to get feedback and proposal from fellow forumites who have football in TnT at heart. Maybe you can write up a mission statement for him  ;D unity is strenght  :)

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline jaws

• DC/MD Warrior
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Arima massive!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 02:36:47 PM »
maybe alberta just lay de foundation.........is up to we to give some feedback.....allyuh ever tink bout dat!!!
"Greatness is not one big thing being done: it's all the small things being done well"

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »
I am proposing that u should at least come with some kind of mission statement. What is NAAFTNT. What are you trying to achieve boss? people talking bout we need NAAFTNT and bigging up the proposal and eh even ask what it is about.

Boy..you people negative.  Always ready tuh shoot dong ah positive idea/thought.  I thought dis forum was supposed to be a place tuh support de Warriors and de advancement of de sport.  Well anyting AlbertaTrini proposing fuh de advancement...I self go support.  Because he doh talk dotishness and he does think before he talk.

Warriors rule!!!
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 02:46:35 PM »
maybe alberta just lay de foundation.........is up to we to give some feedback.....allyuh ever tink bout dat!!!

Dem people not thinking...people so does want tuh build house an doh have no brick.  De man have ah suggestion..if yuh have a positive mind..and yuh have all ah dem criticisms..well why not put dong ah point or two fuh de proposal.  Steups.

Is dis kinda attitude dat does keep us from progresss.  Oh well

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 02:47:53 PM »

:rotfl:  :rotfl:

why yuh had to point dat out? now yuh have men vex dat dey jump on d waggon without even knowing what they sign up to

« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 02:49:56 PM by Ryan »

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 02:48:28 PM »
Filho, point taken, but ah tort the name alone suggested what the intentions were. We have to rally for betterment, and improve the running of football in our country...I doubt alberta was suggesting that we go into this blindly...it's just a thought and maybe he was hoping to get feedback and proposal from fellow forumites who have football in TnT at heart. Maybe you can write up a mission statement for him  ;D unity is strenght  :)

Big Up!

Three cheers!!!   :beermug:  :beermug:  :beermug:

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 02:50:17 PM »
I am propsoing that the members of the S.W.N establish an organization: N.A.A.F.T.N.T

It look like yuh might have tuh explain what de word "ADVANCEMENT" mean...just tuh clear up de clouds

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2006, 02:55:53 PM »
allure crazy like allure want jack to shut down the site too  ;D anyway i got mad for ah minute when i saw N.A.A.F.T.N.T, i thought the blasted U.S military on the site cause yuh does see rell acronyms on the base.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2006, 02:59:44 PM »
Quote from Ryan
"why yuh had to point dat out? now yuh have men vex dat dey jump on d waggon without even knowing what they sign up to"

Well I dis woman eh vex and I eh taking back meh support.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2006, 03:00:37 PM »

Boy..you people negative.  Always ready tuh shoot dong ah positive idea/thought.  I thought dis forum was supposed to be a place tuh support de Warriors and de advancement of de sport.  Well anyting AlbertaTrini proposing fuh de advancement...I self go support.  Because he doh talk dotishness and he does think before he talk.

Warriors rule!!!

de man was not being negative, he raise ah valid point. ah believe the majority on this site (wid de exception of RF) are in full support of the advancement of football in TNT.  Alberta might be a good person and all, but if we want to be taken seriously...leh we do de ting rite nah...respect  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2006, 03:02:14 PM »
Filho ,

First, I respect your queries to my postings it engenders thought and dialogue in a respectable manner.

Any sensible person would know that  one would have to have a mission statement, bylaws a charter etc..... The details at this point is not solidified as it is simply an idea/ a concept to garner interest. If people are truly serious about the state of football, then those with the will, inclination and intent could move in the direction to begin formulating details.

Through a process of consultation, a plan, a mission statement , bylaws and a charter could be established. For one person to formulate a mission and a detailed plan, is no different than what is presently in existence.

At this present time, what could be establish is a 'watchdog' committee to lobby the present organization for accountability measures. You realize that even though this may sound like the thing to do, that it would take considerable work and time all for the good of a nation. At the end of the day, man still have to feed and provide for those  who depend on him. Therefore, it would take  commitment and a passion to see this through.

What I have planted here is the notion that there ought to be a organization or entity which  places a high value on the betterment of football in our nation without monetary gains attached to it or without  personal profits but in a rather utopic notion of the good for all nation kind.

This is not about a quasi revolution nor is it altruistic; in my humble opinion, I believe that there ought to be an organization to oversee and propose changes but also they must have the  clout and the support to ensure that their recommendations are enacted upon.

It is apparent that for years now the status quo is not working for all but for some. I do not propose to know the answers nor the solutions, I am simply a national who  has a desire to see the right things being done for football in Trinidad and Tobago for the right reason and by the right people. We cannot have some of the people doing some of the things some of the time for only some of the people.
I don't know who the TTFF answers to? and by what channels its members are elected; that disclosure  would be a starting point. I am advocating at this time for greater transparency and disclosure of the operations of  the TTFF.

P.S  Midknight, I believe that the inherent purpose is embedded in the title of the acronym.
Humbly submitted.

Thanks  this man got it:

DeSoWa

« Reply #7 on: Today at 04:36:11 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Filho, point taken, but ah tort the name alone suggested what the intentions were. We have to rally for betterment
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 03:08:55 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2006, 03:06:48 PM »
Filho ,

First, I respect your queries to my postings it engenders thought and dialogue in a respectable manner.

Any sensible person would know that  one would have to have a mission statement, bylaws a charter etc..... The details at this point is not solidified as it is simply an idea/ a concept to garner interest. If people are truly serious about the state of football, then those with the will, inclination and intent could move in the direction to begin formulating details.

Through a process of consultation, a plan, a mission statement , bylaws and a charter could be established. For one person to formulate a mission and a detailed plan, is no different than what is presently in existence.

At this present time, what could be establish is a 'watchdog' committee to lobby the present organization for accountability measures. You realize that even though this may sound like the thing to do, that it would take considerable work and time all for the good of a nation. At the end of the day, man still have to feed and provide for those  who depend on him. Therefore, it would take  commitment and a passion to see this through.

What I have planted here is the notion that there ought to be a organization or entity which  places a high value on the betterment of football in our nation without monetary gains attached to it or without  personal profits but in a rather utopic notion of the good for all nation kind.

This is not about a quasi revolution nor is it altruistic; in my humble opinion, I believe that there ought to be an organization to oversee and propose changes but also they must have the  clout and the support to ensure that their recommendations are enacted upon.

It is apparent that for years now the status quo is not working for all but for some. I do not propose to know the answers nor the solutions, I am simply a national who  has a desire to see the right things being done for football in Trinidad and Tobago for the right reason and by the right people. We cannot have some of the people doing some of the things some of the time for only some of the people.
I don't know who the TTFF answers to? and by what channels its members are elected; that disclosure  would be a starting point. I am advocating at this time for greater transparency and disclosure of the operations of  the TTFF.

P.S  Midknight, I believe that the inherent purpose is embedded in the title of the acronym.
Humbly submitted.

on second thought alberta...all ah do was read yuh first paragraph and ah buying whatever yuh selling...infact give meh three...... ;D
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2006, 03:14:22 PM »

Boy..you people negative.  Always ready tuh shoot dong ah positive idea/thought.  I thought dis forum was supposed to be a place tuh support de Warriors and de advancement of de sport.  Well anyting AlbertaTrini proposing fuh de advancement...I self go support.  Because he doh talk dotishness and he does think before he talk.Warriors rule!!!

Maybe you should take your own advice,Fihlo never 'shoot dong' anyone or idea,unlike you and he wanted to know what it's about before blindly jumping in.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 03:23:12 PM »
Filho ,

Any sensible person would know that  one would have to have a mission statement, bylaws a charter etc..... The details at this point is not solidified as it is simply an idea/ a concept to garner interest. If people are truly serious about the state of football, then those with the will, inclination and intent could move in the direction to begin formulating details.

At this present time, what could be establish is a 'watchdog' committee to lobby the present organization for accountability measures. You realize that even though this may sound like the thing to do, that it would take considerable work and time all for the good of a nation. At the end of the day, man still have to feed and provide for those  who depend on him. Therefore, it would take  commitment and a passion to see this through.

What I have planted here is the notion that there ought to be a organization or entity which  places a high value on the betterment of football in our nation without monetary gains attached to it or without  personal profits but in a rather utopic notion of the good for all nation kind.

This is not about a quasi revolution nor is it altruistic; in my humble opinion, I believe that there ought to be an organization to oversee and propose changes but also they must have the  clout and the support to ensure that their recommendations are enacted upon.

It is apparent that for years now the status quo is not working for all but for some. I do not propose to know the answers nor the solutions, I am simply a national who  has a desire to see the right things being done for football in Trinidad and Tobago for the right reason and by the right people. We cannot have some of the people doing some of the things some of the time for only some of the people.
I don't know who the TTFF answers to? and by what channels its members are elected; that disclosure  would be a starting point. I am advocating at this time for greater transparency and disclosure of the operations of  the TTFF.

P.S  Midknight, I believe that the inherent purpose is embedded in the title of the acronym.
Humbly submitted.

Alberta, my point was, all kind of political parties does make nice fancy acronyms to gain people support, but that don't necessarily mean that they do what their name suggest. Since when the UNC united? what has the NAR reconstructed. How many people here can say that the PNM is about the people?

Why doesn't the TTFF seem really interested in the good of football?

I could understand you not wanting to unilaterally construct the mission statement all by yourself, but i'm surprised at the naivety displayed be some of the other people on this site.

Football fan got what was being said about doing things correctly. I for one am for the advancement of tnt football, like all of you. i just refuse to jump and wave as soon as i hear a nice sounding intro start up...not unless i know the song.

I listening...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2006, 03:41:06 PM »

Warriors rule!!!

Where am I being negative? I am trying to get a clearer picture of what is trying to be achieved and I asked the most simple, most obvious question. And it is foolish to just say you behind something you don't know anything about, even if it sounds positive.  

So what you think I am asking for? I am simply asking for that very same foundation. Coming up with a positive sounding name for an organization is not laying the foundation. Leaving it up to us to give feedback...well that is just lazy and unproductive...2 words i don't associate with Alberta Trini.

Filho, point taken, but ah tort the name alone suggested what the intentions were. We have to rally for betterment, and improve the running of football in our country...I doubt alberta was suggesting that we go into this blindly...it's just a thought and maybe he was hoping to get feedback and proposal from fellow forumites who have football in TnT at heart. Maybe you can write up a mission statement for him ;D unity is strenght :)

Big Up!

Dread...you feel I cannot tell that he has positive intentions from the name? Look, I actually want to take the  idea seriously, that is why I responded. Presenting no structure to a broad open-ended concept is unproductive...especially on a website where people cannot even debate simple, conflicting ideas without cussing each other out. Advancement of football inTnT is going to mean different things to different people. It is not too much to ask for some simple details.

It look like yuh might have tuh explain what de word "ADVANCEMENT" mean...just tuh clear up de clouds

Enough of the sarcasm. Did you really read my post...cuz you don't seem to understand what I asked. What does  advancement mean to you? When someone asks you how should we advance football in TnT. What are your ideas? And what sort of proposals for advancement do you disagree with? What if Alberta's ideas don't sit well with you..what would you say then, after you ahve already given him your backing. I just asking the basic questions to get the ball rolling..so relax.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ah proposed Idea for the interest of Football inTNT
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2006, 03:47:08 PM »
MidKnight,

Lots of jackasses does bray too and man could tell one from ah horse. So it eh about asking people to just jump on and follow the leader leader, it is about seeking interest from those who  would like to constructively employ actions as oppose to dialogue.

The idea was simply stated as is; not as a conscription to call people to arms and to go after the TTFF. But to get  a sense of those who support such an idea. Forward minded people responded with an affirmative response to the notion. Ah proposal for the establishment of an organization is different from  telling people to come and leh we go forth  with a rallying cry.

Ah proposal to establish, implies that their will be some dialogue as to the framework from which the idea will be developed as opposed to having a well  laid out plan and calling for or soliciting membership. That was not the point.

humbly submitted.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2006, 03:50:44 PM »
MidKnight,

Lots of jackasses does bray too and man could tell one from ah horse. So it eh about asking people to just jump on and follow the leader leader, it is about seeking interest from those who  would like to constructively employ actions as oppose to dialogue.

The idea was simply stated as is; not as a conscription to call people to arms and to go after the TTFF. But to get  a sense of those who support such an idea. Forward minded people responded with an affirmative response to the notion. Ah proposal for the establishment of an organization is different from  telling people to come and leh we go forth  with a rallying cry.

Ah proposal to establish, implies that their will be some dialogue as to the framework from which the idea will be developed as opposed to having a well  laid out plan and calling for or soliciting membership. That was not the point.

humbly submitted.

Alberta

I generally respect your posts, but you dancing here fella. What idea did you put forth in your first post? You did not really say anything and you did not present an idea... just a nice sounding acronym. Come nah..some of us eh buying that cuz we have been part of organizations from the ground floor. Advancement of football in T&T means different things to different people. I appreciate your elaborating more later on but you are being very vague and expect people who jump without asking questions...hmm....calling them truly forward thinking..And those who dare ask a simple question..what are we?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 03:56:20 PM by Filho »

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2006, 03:57:37 PM »

Filho, point taken, but ah tort the name alone suggested what the intentions were. We have to rally for betterment, and improve the running of football in our country...I doubt alberta was suggesting that we go into this blindly...it's just a thought and maybe he was hoping to get feedback and proposal from fellow forumites who have football in TnT at heart. Maybe you can write up a mission statement for him ;D unity is strenght :)

Big Up!

Dread...you feel I cannot tell that he has positive intentions from the name? Look, I actually want to take the  idea seriously, that is why I responded. Presenting no structure to a broad open-ended concept is unproductive...especially on a website where people cannot even debate simple, conflicting ideas without cussing each other out. Advancement of football inTnT is going to mean different things to different people. It is not too much to ask for some simple details.

I hear you brudda, but I guess I interpreted AlbertaTrini's post ah little different from you...to me he was calling members of this forum to unite and form ah organisation for the betterment of TnT football...and ask who are with him "on calling for the establishment of this organisation" by memebers of this forum. I did not see it as HIS organisation and he wanted people to join him, just a call for one. It is now up to us to say yeah or nah..and then do like you did and ask what would be the main purpose, but there was no need to say we doh know what it is about..because "IT" is not yet established.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2006, 04:07:53 PM »
Dat is ah rap boss.  :beermug: Fuh who eh understand wey ah just say, ah mean good 2 go, done deal etc.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2006, 04:08:12 PM »
 In seeking clarification, I could see where some may find meaning to be ambigious and where some may lose sight of the intent of the message, the semantics may be convoluted to those who are seeking to limit an idea prior to it coming to fruition.  

There is nothing wrong with saying  YES but..... and moving the idea in a differnt direction, but for some to claim ignorance of an inherent idea is just plain hiding behind an implied purpose to eardicate opposition to what is.

Semantics
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Semantics (Greek semantikos, giving signs, significant, symptomatic, from sema, sign) refers to the aspects of meaning that are expressed in a language, code, or other form of representation. Semantics is contrasted with two other aspects of meaningful expression, namely, syntax, the construction of complex signs from simpler signs, and pragmatics, the practical use of signs by agents or communities of interpretation in particular circumstances and contexts. By the usual convention that calls a study or a theory by the name of its subject matter, semantics may also denote the theoretical study of meaning in systems of signs.

Though terminology varies, writers on the subject of meaning generally recognize two sorts of meaning that a significant expression may have: (1) the relation that a sign has to objects and objective situations, actual or possible, and (2) the relation that a sign has to other signs, most especially the sorts of mental signs that are conceived of as concepts.

Most theorists refer to the relation between a sign and its objects, as always including any manner of objective reference, as its denotation. Some theorists refer to the relation between a sign and the signs that serve in its practical interpretation as its connotation, but there are many more differences of opinion and distinctions of theory that are made in this case. Many theorists, especially in the formal semantic, pragmatic, and semiotic traditions, restrict the application of semantics to the denotative aspect, using other terms or altogether ignoring the connotative aspect.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2006, 04:42:52 PM »

I hear you brudda, but I guess I interpreted AlbertaTrini's post ah little different from you...to me he was calling members of this forum to unite and form ah organisation for the betterment of TnT football...and ask who are with him "on calling for the establishment of this organisation" by memebers of this forum. I did not see it as HIS organisation and he wanted people to join him, just a call for one. It is now up to us to say yeah or nah..and then do like you did and ask what would be the main purpose, but there was no need to say we doh know what it is about..because "IT" is not yet established.

Big Up!

I read it just so too. Let's just disagree on this one...

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2006, 04:56:38 PM »

Warriors rule!!!

Where am I being negative? I am trying to get a clearer picture of what is trying to be achieved and I asked the most simple, most obvious question. And it is foolish to just say you behind something you don't know anything about, even if it sounds positive.  

So what you think I am asking for? I am simply asking for that very same foundation. Coming up with a positive sounding name for an organization is not laying the foundation. Leaving it up to us to give feedback...well that is just lazy and unproductive...2 words i don't associate with Alberta Trini.

Big Up!

Enough of the sarcasm. Did you really read my post...cuz you don't seem to understand what I asked. What does  advancement mean to you? When someone asks you how should we advance football in TnT. What are your ideas? And what sort of proposals for advancement do you disagree with? What if Alberta's ideas don't sit well with you..what would you say then, after you ahve already given him your backing. I just asking the basic questions to get the ball rolling..so relax.

Maybe the misunderstanding is that because I agree with the PROPOSAL is that I will agree with everything involved. That is where adults discuss and come to CONSENSUS because as humans we will not always AGREE.  I do not back down of my giving the support to the idea.  Like I said in an earlier post, Alberta is not a man that makes idle posts...so if you think I gave my support to his idea and would then reneg because I may not agree, then let me advise you that I am not that kind of person.  So no need to advise me to relax, I have a mother for that thanks.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2006, 05:01:11 PM »
Alberta i suggest you start posting proposals like mad because you thread is on the verge of being hijacked...

I'm still listening...

1]; } ?>